• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
rumor has it the 3ds going to be release on

august the 15th 2014 / 15-08-14

again, this has been leaked to me through - most of the time a reliable source. but nothing has been confirmed yet but it seems pretty accurate.
Did you know my mom works for Nintendo? Also my Dad is Iwata. I know this from a reliable source.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Did you know my mom works for Nintendo? Also my Dad is Iwata. I know this from a reliable source.
no seriously someone i know who's close to nintendo benelux told me that it's currently planned to be released 15 august. i don't really care if it's true or not and i certainly don't care if you believe it or not; i just want the game. august seems a bit too long but it's also the most realistic date. right after E3 is not going to happen, would be great though.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

again, this has been leaked to me through - most of the time a reliable source. but nothing has been confirmed yet but it seems pretty accurate.
I don't think "leaks" are tolerated on Smashboards.

Gamefaqs would be a nice place to start a career in the "leak" business :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

What's your source? Also, anything Palutena related?

HVDooD

Smash Cadet

Rumor has it you're a liar...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think "leaks" are tolerated on Smashboards.
No they aren't without some considerable evidence backing them and having contacted the Staff first.

This is not the place for discussing such a leak, get back on topic everyone.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Takes this with a grain of salt.

So, if there are character entrances in the game, what will be Palutena's entrance be?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Takes this with a grain of salt.

So, if there are character entrances in the game, what will be Palutena's entrance be?
I'd like it to be the door opening and her coming out, like the chapters in Uprising begin.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Will we finally know what the doors look like after all the years? THE TIME OF TRUTH IS NIGH!
I am pretty sure it's the same door seen in Palutena's menu the one in the middle when you move out.

Edit: She will likely teleport the same way she teleports Pit

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I am pretty sure it's the same door seen in Palutena's menu the one in the middle when you move out.

Edit: She will likely teleport the same way she teleports Pit
I don't think we ever saw the front of the door.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I don't think we ever saw the front of the door.
You are wrong in Palutena's menu you can clearly see a door at the end of the stairs there is even light coming from it, this is likely the door since the arow "move out!" points to it
look in game it's the same door in the middle

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Palutena's model looks a LOT better in Uprising than I'd imagine the 3DS to be capable of. Her skin being visible through the her clothes in a "veil" fashion is a very exquisite touch... :V

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
You are wrong in Palutena's menu you can clearly see a door at the end of the stairs there is even light coming from it, this is likely the door since the arow "move out!" points to it
look in game it's the same door in the middle
That's the back of the door, not the front like I mentioned.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So you really think the other site of the door will have a different design?? that's not realistic at all it's safe to say a door is the same from both sites.
I am certain you are nottalking about this front door but more pics the better

Every time I point out that the door indeed appear you start thinking of a way out, how many doors do you have in your house that are different on both sites? when you first said the door is never shown, sorry the design should be the same in both sites your premise don't make sense

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
So you really think the other site of the door will have a different design?? that's not realistic at all it's safe to say a door is the same from both sites.
I am certain you are nottalking about this front door but more pics the better

Every time I point out that the door indeed appear you start thinking of a way out, how many doors do you have in your house that are different on both sites? when you first said the door is never shown, sorry the design should be the same in both sites your premise don't make sense
I was just messing with ya on that last one. Would've included an emote but I'm new and I still can't figure out how to use them.

EDIT: as soon as I mention it, I notice the smiley face icon.:ohwell:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I was just messing with ya on that last one. Would've included an emote but I'm new and can't figure out how to use them.
OK then if that is the case you got me there, I just take it seriously because lots of people use that kind of ireal responses to keep their point, so in this site I simply asume people are not being sarcastic

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
OK then if that is the case you got me there, I just take it seriously because lots of people use that kind of ireal responses to keep their point, so in this site I simply asume people are not being sarcastic
On the terms of the door though, I never really noticed that they showed it off in the menu, I was always focused on the icons to ever pay attention to the screen above.

Burigu

Smash Ace
On the terms of the door though, I never really noticed that they showed it off in the menu, I was always focused on the icons to ever pay attention to the screen above.
Yeah I asumed you didn't notice it before, about the ireal part I was refering only to your last post

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Will it be door number 1, 2, or 3?
Behind door number 3... is a BRAND-NEW PALUTENA!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Uprising Palutena was the best model, just like Uprising Pit's was. I'm kinda disappointed bout Pit's eyes not being Uprising's. Because of this, I'm worried bout what little thing they may do to Palutena when she's revealed. It could be the eyes, the hair, or something else, but at this point, I'll worry bout the looks and all after she gets confirmed.
As for her starting entrance, she can inherit Pit's Brawl one with a touch of her magic for elegance while Pit gets that door thing when you start a chapter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing is for certain - certain assests of Palutena will be emphasised...I wager the hips in her case.

...Oh c'mon, don't look at me like that! Samus wasn't the only one who had her assets emphasised! Every other female character has had this! Clearly it's the Sakurai touch at work here! :p

On the subject of Pit though, I think his Wii U model is the best.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wii U Pit's fine, but I wish his eyes were from Uprising.

And I forgot what emphasized means. *tilts head*

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I agree, I kinda wish they don't srew up Palutena's eyes, I really love the face she has in Uprising (specially the artwork).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Uprising Palutena was the best model, just like Uprising Pit's was. I'm kinda disappointed bout Pit's eyes not being Uprising's. Because of this, I'm worried bout what little thing they may do to Palutena when she's revealed. It could be the eyes, the hair, or something else, but at this point, I'll worry bout the looks and all after she gets confirmed.
As for her starting entrance, she can inherit Pit's Brawl one with a touch of her magic for elegance while Pit gets that door thing when you start a chapter.
Well, technically, Pit's eyes are from Uprising... Uprising's artwork. Well, at least I think it's closer to the artwork.

The pupil is just a bit rounder.

Personally, I'm expecting Palutena to be close to her artwork. And that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
One thing is for certain - certain assests of Palutena will be emphasised...I wager the hips in her case.

...Oh c'mon, don't look at me like that! Samus wasn't the only one who had her assets emphasised! Every other female character has had this! Clearly it's the Sakurai touch at work here! :p

On the subject of Pit though, I think his Wii U model is the best.
Honestly, I think it's partially Bandai-Namco's doing.

I mean, have you seen Soul Calibur?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Actually, it's always been the case in Smash Bros.

Peach's chest has always been noticeably larger in Smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Well, boobs tends to be a bit bigger in artworks than in games for Soulcalibur. The best example is Viola in SC5.

Not that I mind seeing some bigger boobs in Smash :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Actually, it's always been the case in Smash Bros.

Peach's chest has always been noticeably larger in Smash.

I feel like it's more pronounced this time around, still. (Zero Suit Samus is the most obvious, and Wii Fit Trainer's showing a lot more skin than previous Smash Bros. females have.)

Well, boobs tends to be a bit bigger in artworks than in games for Soulcalibur. The best example is Viola in SC5.

Not that I mind seeing some bigger boobs in Smash :troll:
Still, it's kinda blatant sex appeal. Like, moreso than before. Zero Suit Samus was probably the main reason for SSBB's T rating before...now she's a whole lot more...endowed.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wii Fit Trainer isn't really intended to be fanservice. I mean, nobody was asking for her. She's just dressed in actual excercise attire.

Zero Suit Samus actually didn't get much of a size increase from Brawl either, the suit is just modelled more firmly and realistically. It was like a second skin in Brawl, so her breasts drooped down:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep Samus' breasts are just more realistic, not bigger.

And Wii Fit Trainer's outfit is just her outfit from Wii Fit. This game is clearly not Dead or Alive :troll:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You talk sex appeal and there's no mention of Little Mac?

Also, please please please can we NOT sexualize these characters? I love how Palutena is such a great character and I'd kind of like it of she wasn't treated as meatwith boobs like almost every other female character. I get it that a lot of guys play Smash, but come on.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Also, please please please can we NOT sexualize these characters? I love how Palutena is such a great character and I'd kind of like it of she wasn't treated as meatwith boobs like almost every other female character. I get it that a lot of guys play Smash, but come on.
While not as obvious, it could definitely be argued that Captain Falcon (!) and Little Mac are sex appeal for those not interested in females.

Agreed. I'm honestly quite annoyed by how little people seem to care about the characters themselves when they're female. I'd like Palutena to give off the impression of being a noblewoman in a perfect world. But she'll probably be at least somewhat sexualized (my bet's on the legs).

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You forget her elegance, and one of the main Nintendo females that doesn't have blond hair (Zelda's 50-50, but still). Green hair isn't appreciated much in some cases, while at the same time, not in a princess dress, with the exception of Power Suit Samus, WFT, and questionably Sheik, but again, that amazing long hair Palutena has. But you have a point. We need more who like the characters for their personality, design, abilities, instead of just their looks.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I agree. I hate when they oversexualize the female characters.
f.jpg

D

Deleted member

Yeah, save the sexualization for Medusa and her glorious sideboob. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Well, personally, I don't think characters in Smash Bros are sexualized. I mean, ok, there's been some upskirts screenshots in the past, but Samus is not there to be the ***** in thight suit, just a bounty hunter without her armor. Despite the Zero Suit, she still is a serious character.
I don't have to say how Zelda and Rosalina are simply elegant, and how Peach is just innocently cute (well, not according to some daily pictures, or the love triangle with Zelda/Link/Peach according to Sakurai :troll:). And Nana... Well it's Nana. :troll:

There's no reasons for Palutena to become a sex-appeal machine. There's even no reasons for Medusa's sideboob to become a sex-appeal machine :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only Smash character who is seriously sexualised is Peach. She's legitimately portrayed with a more flirty personality in Smash compared to the Mario games. And those undergarments are put there on purpose too.

Palutena won't be this either, but I think she will be modelled to be slightly more attractive, like the other females. She already has fairly realistic (as far as beautiful women go) proportions. Peach and Rosalina look significantly nicer as they have more realistic proportions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom