• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
While I've been taking sort of a back seat on the Palutena hype until today, I am really hoping those pics are real. I loved her personality in Uprising, and she would be very interesting as a playable character. I'm jumping on the hype train.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
With a bit of honesty, I would be a little disgruntled with having Palutena in, as I would have to pick between her or Rosalina as my main. The stress of it all.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly i dont see any real motive to consider a 2nd character of Kid Icarus necessary.
Pointing for example Captain Falcon, F-Zero is a franchise way more relevant in Nintendo history and only have one playable character.
If we look newer franchises, Pikmin that caused already a bigger impact than Kid Icarus is unlikely going to have 2nd character.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
With a bit of honesty, I would be a little disgruntled with having Palutena in, as I would have to pick between her or Rosalina as my main. The stress of it all.
#firstworldproblems

But seriously, I totally get what you're saying because I'd be in the same boat.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If Palutena get really confirmed (and I'm pretty sure she will); It will be hard to choose between her, Rosalina, and Zelda... Although Zelda will still be my main.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a fake to be honest with you, not much going on why I feel this way other than smash leaks are usually a bust. And I keep reading that this is too elaborate to be fake. Are you serious? This is the internet guys, you know people have gone through greater lengths to accomplish less lol.

Hong

The Strongest
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone else here like Palutena?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Occam's Razor

At this point the simplest conclusion given all the evidence is that the pics are real. There's more difficulty proving it being fake than real, and that's a huge sign.
It can still be a fake, but when the chances of that considering the given evidence are so much lower than it being real ...

I'm jumping in the hype train.

PALUTENA'S IN YO! CHOO-CHOO!!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About the leak, I realised that SSB4 Pit is a little bit different than Uprising Pit, and the differences of Palutena's face between SSB4 and KI:U actually make the "SSB4 Palutena" (or is she a Pseudo-Palutena?) coherent with SSB4 Pit.

Not sure if I'm clear.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
You like Palutena as well? It seems like you and I have quite a bit in common then. :p Or rather a lot of similar favorites.

And man, I really hope this does mean she's in. If I get Palutena and Rosalina, my Smash excitement is going to be through the roof.

Hong

The Strongest
You like Palutena as well? It seems like you and I have quite a bit in common then. :p Or rather a lot of similar favorites.

And man, I really hope this does mean she's in. If I get Palutena and Rosalina, my Smash excitement is going to be through the roof.
I LOVED Kid Icarus as a kid. When I found out that Pit was considered for Melee but not implemented, I was crushed. When he was revealed for Brawl, I was one of the most Palutena rampant supporters. I should still have a moveset or two somewhere.

And I still love her. Just that, no offence to the community, but the atmosphere just isn't the same. I wouldn't dare compare it to the Ridley thread and how vile it has been in the past, but I seem to stir the bee hive for saying "Palutena" with a combination of anything not positive in the same sentence. :/

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
What not positive things were you thinking? I try my best to keep an objective stance when it comes to characters, even if I do like them. Even though I dislike some characters, I can still believe they should be in, and vice versa.

Sadly I never played the original Kid Icarus. I did play Uprising though, and I love it. Did you get a chance to play it? It's what got me supporting Palutena, though prior to it I didn't even know who she was really.

Hong

The Strongest
What not positive things were you thinking? I try my best to keep an objective stance when it comes to characters, even if I do like them. Even though I dislike some characters, I can still believe they should be in, and vice versa.
Anything along the lines of talking about how, while she is likely, nothing is guaranteed, or how ideas they could come up for Palutena could be implemented on another character as they see fit. I like to be realistic and reasonable. I generally get flack for it.

For example: I hate the "original 12" rule people made up. If the developers think they can take a character from the original 12 started, repackage it into someone else and makes it WAY better, they better take that opportunity.

Anyway, I actually have nothing negative to say about Palutena. I think she has bounds of possibilities as a character and would love to see her implemented. I think she has a good chance, more than either of the two characters in my signature. Truth be told, I only have a signature to maintain face.

Sadly I never played the original Kid Icarus.
It's a masochist's wet dream. If you like Nintendo-hard, look no further than the underworld.
I did play Uprising though, and I love it. Did you get a chance to play it? It's what got me supporting Palutena, though prior to it I didn't even know who she was really.
I have played it, but not finished it. The land controls are not my thing. I intend to force myself to finish it eventually.

Which is a real shame, because I like rail shooters. Huge fan of games like Sin & Punishment or Zombie Panic in Wonderland.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So either this guy leaked a character and became the hero we need. Or this guy made the most elaborate troll and has sent the internet into a tizzy. Either way, this man is a gentleman and a scholar.

Truth be told, this may very likely be real. The internet has really scrutinized this one and have come up with almost nothing. In fact, they have come up with evidence to support it: the fact that this is a new model, Mario has never been in the position, the image is not from another image, and a nice little star ornament. The only thing against it is the outlines looks slightly off and it looks like her hand is clipping in the first shot. However, both of these are hard to tell and people claim these are not even there. Better to claim it's fake, but it may very well be real.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think that most movesets (at least the properties of them) could apply to most anyone. I could see Micaiah potentially getting something similar I suppose, thinking on it, since she is in the one game where you can beat people with the staff weapon.

And barring Jigglypuff, I don't see them being cut. Though, I'm against cuts in general because everyone has favorites, but it's a lot harder to see someone go than to be denied them entering. At least it is to me. If I lost Rosalina in the next game I'd be pretty disappointed. But that's just me.

The land controls were really hard, yeah. It took a bit for me to finish. I changed it from the default though, that helped.

Hong

The Strongest
I think that most movesets (at least the properties of them) could apply to most anyone. I could see Micaiah potentially getting something similar I suppose, thinking on it, since she is in the one game where you can beat people with the staff weapon.
Rosalina could have been Palutena, among many things.

I have a moveset in mind for Palutena, though I am not sure if I'll post it. Right now I don't care whether or not this leak is true, so much as the buzz about it has gotten annoying fast.

And barring Jigglypuff, I don't see them being cut. Though, I'm against cuts in general because everyone has favorites, but it's a lot harder to see someone go than to be denied them entering. At least it is to me. If I lost Rosalina in the next game I'd be pretty disappointed. But that's just me.
I rather have given Jigglypuff's aerial qualities to Kirby, since Kirby has horrible design direction for the past two games and could be salvaged.

I would never dare suggest we have anything less than one Mother character, though I wouldn't mind them rebooting the way it's represented in Smash Bros, because it's not working. A real shame, because if I counted inactive series, Mother would be my favourite by a landslide. I would take the best qualities of Ness and Lucas, and give them to Ninten. Make him a head or two taller than they were, and given a modern make-over like they did with Pit. To round it all off, upload the 100% officially translated Mother to the eShop, and we're set.
The land controls were really hard, yeah. It took a bit for me to finish. I changed it from the default though, that helped.
Anything you recommend in particular, or just small tweaks to make it cozy?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So either this guy leaked a character and became the hero we need. Or this guy made the most elaborate troll and has sent the internet into a tizzy. Either way, this man is a gentleman and a scholar.

Truth be told, this may very likely be real. The internet has really scrutinized this one and have come up with almost nothing. In fact, they have come up with evidence to support it: the fact that this is a new model, Mario has never been in the position, the image is not from another image, and a nice little star ornament. The only thing against it is the outlines looks slightly off and it looks like her hand is clipping in the first shot. However, both of these are hard to tell and people claim these are not even there. Better to claim it's fake, but it may very well be real.
First off, I will say that the clipping thing doesn't exactly hold water, since we've gotten a few screenshots with clipping. Probably the most obvious one being the picture with Zelda preforming her forward tilt.

But I will say that if this leak somehow turns out to be fake, then my god there was a lot of effort put into this.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
That image is obviosly a fake and it only took me one minute to deduce that.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I get the feeling that it is real, but I really don't want to get my hopes up only for them to be dashed. If this is real, then I have no clue how I will contain my jubilation. Though, if this turns out to be an elaborate fake, then what kind of monster would play with my emotions. But regardless of real or hoax, I am hoping onto the hype train with no hesitation.

EDIT: I also would not want Palutena to be an Assist Trophy as that is wasted potential and a waste of representative for the series. I, however, find it unlikely that she would end up as one considering the amount of details she has.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Been at work all day and i havent had time to discuss any of this. But man it would be awesome if that is indeed real, palutena would be fantastic, but like most ill take this with the right amount of skepticism. But with no one really able to debunk it yet, things might be looking good for her.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Rosalina could have been Palutena, among many things.

I have a moveset in mind for Palutena, though I am not sure if I'll post it. Right now I don't care whether or not this leak is true, so much as the buzz about it has gotten annoying fast.
You should post it fast before her moveset is revealed. You would slap yourself if the ideas in your head were nearly identical as Sakurai's direction, but you without proof.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
look how easy it is!! wooo!!!

i had been fangasming a bit yesterday or whenever palutena was "leaked", but i have since settled down...

ummm... i want more females in my smash... this "pic" above demonstrates how easy it is to plop characters into a scene... note, this image is en reference to palutena and not directly associated with the characters jigglypuff and/or ness.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

i had been fangasming a bit yesterday or whenever it "leaked", but i have since settled down...
Not exactly the same scenario, considering that leak was quickly confirmed fake by the original creator.

Even if that wasn't the case, that image is still based on this one.

Not to mention there is distortion around the characters, which is a traditional side effect of photoshopped images.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord

i had been fangasming a bit yesterday or whenever palutena was "leaked", but i have since settled down...

ummm... i want more females in my smash... this "pic" above demonstrates how easy it is to plop characters into a scene... note, this image is en reference to palutena and not directly associated with the characters jigglypuff and/or ness.
Yeah... the same person who proved that picture false, known as splat?

He said that it "looked legit" at first glance. It's a whole 'nother level, kid, and I'm inclined to believe that this is a correct leak. So help me, if it's fake... I'd don't know what I'd do.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
There's really no need to stress if it's fake because it doesn't diminish from Palutena being likely.

Also, we shouldn't be expecting "confirmation" or anything of the sort anytime soon. If Nintendo announces a Direct, then THAT'S when we should suspect something might happen, but even then not necessarily Palutena.
For all we know, Sakurai could wait until the very end to reveal Palutena and Ridley, you know, just to mess with people.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731

not exactly the same thing brah, The thing that is bringing so much heat for Palutena is that no one can seem to find an original unedited base image or model to base the photoshop from. However with Ness and Jiggles it's easy enough to just create those poses using Brawl imagery.

Not to say I'm saying the Palutena photos are real mind you, just that it's different from this blatant abuse of photoshop.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i know it's not the same thing, it's like Scoliosis Jones had in the last page with all the evidence and whatnot. the thing that sets palutena apart is the added effort. the image i posted was simply brawl models, and palutena is also a brawl model. but i can go into Maya and photoshop or whatever to remodel or re texture-ize the texture maps to better reflect the 3ds art style. as an artist and game designer (citation needed), i could do this if i had the textures and the models.

as for palutena as a whole, to me, it's the same situation with Zelda and the Phantom Armor. if it isn't confirmed, it's anything but... i would like to say that i would like to have palutena as i believe she can bring something to the table, however, because nothing is evident proof until proof is offered from the master source (sakurai/nintendo), i have to plead against it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i know it's not the same thing, it's like Scoliosis Jones had in the last page with all the evidence and whatnot. the thing that sets palutena apart is the added effort. the image i posted was simply brawl models, and palutena is also a brawl model. but i can go into Maya and photoshop or whatever to remodel or re texture-ize the texture maps to better reflect the 3ds art style. as an artist and game designer (citation needed), i could do this if i had the textures and the models.

as for palutena as a whole, to me, it's the same situation with Zelda and the Phantom Armor. if it isn't confirmed, it's anything but... i would like to say that i would like to have palutena as i believe she can bring something to the table, however, because nothing is evident proof until proof is offered from the master source (sakurai/nintendo), i have to plead against it.
The Palutena in the picture is not a Brawl model. Completely different actually.

Top Bottom