• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He never said we could between characters, but there is no reason to doubt that we could. For example, making only your own character have an outline, but making CPU's have none.

And assuming Sakurai has players to help him take these shots, players on the other 3DS systems could have separate customisation options going. That is a feature they would need to make sure works over wireless play.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Maybe I'm crazy, but look at the pictures again.

To me, it appears that the second picture of Palutena makes her look a little darker, making her consistent with the darker background. In the first picture with Mario, she seems to be brighter with the sun out.

I don't know guys. It would take too much time and effort to create fake pictures of a character like Palutena. There is nothing that makes it appear to be fake. It doesn't match the poses in Uprising...it looks different from Brawl Palutena...

I think this is real. However, I will agree with UltimateWario that from what I can see, the black outline seems to be faint in some parts of the pictures. I certainly hope that isn't the case. Palutena would be a great playable character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyone thinking this is leading to a Palutena reveal tomorrow?
Doubt it, newcomers seem to be Direct material. I don't think a leak would ever force Sakurai to reveal something either, he'd probably act like it never happened.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If there is a Nintendo Direct this week, then I'd expect to see a reveal then. I doubt they'll just spontaneously post newcomer reveals without Nintendo Directs for them to be a part of.

Keep in mind that pretty much everything in Brawl was leaked to the West months before it ever came out, more so for European players. It didn't change Sakurai's agenda, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I'm very excited that this appears to be real, now I'm going to be freaking out because I want her officially confirmed.

NOUGHHFONDFUSHFDGUOFHDSNFBUOSHDFN

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda want her in. I haven't played Uprising yet, but from what I've seen, as well as from those promotional shorts, she seems like such a cute character, and I adore her design.

Although I know she is a goddess, is there much potential for a moveset that she shows off within Uprising itself?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I kinda want her in. I haven't played Uprising yet, but from what I've seen, as well as from those promotional shorts, she seems like such a cute character, and I adore her design.

Although I know she is a goddess, is there much potential for a moveset that she shows off within Uprising itself?
I haven't played it in awhile, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask. However, there is no doubt that her moveset would contain attacks with light magic.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay I see what you guys are saying now.

Holy crap I want to be hyped so bad but I need the official confirmation before I get too excited.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I posted this in the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. I went back to 4chan and did my own research.

Most of them think it's fake, and a few posted a picture. I posted two of them in the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. Maybe i'll post them here too if I can find them.

Here's at least one of them:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Palutena
Specials
Down B Levitate (ground): Palutena levitates off the ground about the height of Mario. A pool of light appears below her on the ground. She can only levitate if there is a floor beneath her (the pool of light helps keep track of this). While levitating she uses aerial moves. If there is no floor beneath her she will exit levitation mode and gravity will take its course.

Down B Levitate (air): Palutena will slow down her fall as long as Down B is held.

Side B Light Chariot: A chariot crafted from light along with reins hooked up to two Centurions is conjured and Palutena charges forward in her ride a distance before the chariot and reins fade into light specks. The Centurions keep flying straight ahead as projectiles. Acts as a recovery, Palutena will enter free fall.

Up B Pillar of Light: Palutena teleports a short distance in any direction just like Mewtwo's Melee Up B. However, when she appears a vertical beam of light shoots below and above her doing slight damage.

B Light Sphere: A press of B will cause Palutena to shoot a homing orb of light that does damage with no stun. If B is held, Palutena could charge her attack to shoot two or three orbs of light. If two or more manage to hit the opponent in a short interval of time, the enemy will incur a little hitstun. Cannot be stored.

Ground Attacks
A: Thrusts her shield forward a small distance to hit away opponents. Can reflect projectiles. Will break up energy projectiles into a scatter shot when reflected.

A,A...: Thrusts her shield forward and then holds it out. Holds out shield as long as A is held.

Dash A: glows yellow in a blaze of light and charges forward a good distance while holding out her shield. Far and fast and pops enemy into the air.

Toward A: Grabs staff with both hands (holding it horizontal like a balance pole) and quickly pushes forward with her staff. If A is pressed again, she will let go of her hold the hand closest to the orb and swing the staff forward with one hand like a baseball bat.
Up A: Light spirals around her as she does one spin. Can juggle.
Down A: While crouching, taps the floor with the orb of her staff. Causes a short vertical explosion of light that sends opponents up.

Up Smash: Holds up her staff. The orb briefly glows blue, shining like a star. Touching it will cause an Opponent to launch high. Big KO potential.
Down Smash: Creates her Halo pattern on the ground by slamming the blunt end of her staff down. Longer the charge, the bigger the Halo. It then fades away and acts like a landmine (very similar to Snake's).
Forward Smash: Rotates her staff and swings the orb-side from below her hip upwards in an arc, the orb leaving behind a blue trail. Hits opponents upwards and away. Moderate damage but good range.

Aerials Attacks
Forward Aerial: Swings her staff at a downward diagonal angle. Hit opponent's away and down. Moderate power.
Backward Aerial: Swings her shield sideways behind her body. Shorter ranged but good power.
Neutral Aerial: Spins her staff fast in a blurred circle slightly in front of her (like Pit's Side B).
Up Aerial: She pistons her staff upwards. If an opponent is hit, a splash damage light explosion occurs.
Down Aerial: Lays on her side in the air and smashes her shield down.

Throws
Grab: Touches the opponent with an open palm. The enemy floats slightly off the ground in front of her.
Pummel: Light slowly swirls around their body doing steady damage as long as A is held.
Toward, Forward, and Up Throw: The opponent turns into dots of light and is absorbed into the sphere. Palutena then shoots the enemy out as a beam. The end of the beam turns back into the enemy at the end of the attack. Careful, can be reflected.
Down Throw: Palutena crashes her staff on their head, sending them into the floor and bouncing back up.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Probably fake, but a damn good one. What almost makes me believe is the presence of a Mario star as one of the pendants hanging off her dress in the second row of jewelry. That's a new detail not present in other models of Palutena and so requires additional effort to fake.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really, really hope she's not an assist. Seeing her twice being shown while not even readying an attack of any sort in front of Mario seem to be enough to give that though, along with more bigger detail put on her compared to other ATs in general.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Probably fake, but a damn good one. What almost makes me believe is the presence of a Mario star as one of the pendants hanging off her dress in the second row of jewelry. That's a new detail not present in other models of Palutena and so requires additional effort to fake.
It's not a Mario star, that part has been proven false in the leak thread. However, that model is still unique to all other models of Palutena.

There are several things pointing towards it being real instead of fake. Believe me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well congratulations to Palutena fans. It sure looks like you're getting here playable sooner rather than later.
The Palutena "leak" surely have been spreading and surfacing around the Internet very fast.
It's Smash Brothers, and on top it if, said rumor may confirm all the rest of the roster as well, which of course IMO is missing one key character (Ridley).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well congratulations to Palutena fans. It sure looks like you're getting here playable sooner rather than later.
No need to congratulate us early, it's still best to wait until we get the final confirmation. Who knows, she could be end up being actually an Assist.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll always remain neutral on this myself.

I still think there is plenty of room for it to be real though. Just the sheer effort that would be needed for a fake of this caliber is too much to believe someone would actually go through. They'd have to REALLY love Palutena. She's not even the most requested character. If you really want to cause a stir, you make fakes of Ridley or Mewthree or someone like that. People only really started requesting Palutena more recently compared to them.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
She is confirmed in my head. Kid Icarus Uprsing was the last project Sakurai worked on. Seems fresh in his ol' noggin'.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I don't mind believing it be real. I already think Palutena has a pretty good chance. If the pics' validity is confirmed false, her chances are still up there. At least as far as I'm concerned they are.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Saw this at work earlier today, really exciting stuff! I'm choosing to believe this is real considering the evidence thus far, but I won't be updating my sig until we get an official confirmation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameXplain have uploaded a discussion about this. I haven't watched it yet, as it won't load for whatever reason. But this is significant, as they NEVER discuss supposed leaks. Goes to show how well this is done, if it is fake:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see the problem with that. Her arm is at a different angle in both pictures.

Another detail that helps the authencity - the bracelets on her right arm. They are in different positions in both pictures, which suggests they are animated.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The detail that bothers me is that in one case, there's no black outilne, without any apparent reason. But it's maybe just like this (for exemple, Bowser's outline is way thiner on his spikes)

Also, good point about the bracelets.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That detail can be explained by her arm rotation. In the picture the outline is missing, you are not actually seeing the edge of the shoulder plate, because her arm is rotated. Outlines only show on the edge of the actual model, not the edges of what's visible. Perspective is the key here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could attribute the removal of that to it being battle impractical. Also, the design in this supposed leak is actually a clear mix of her Brawl and Uprising design. For example, her scepter (forgive me for not knowing Kid Icarus lore) has the patterns from Brawl that are not in Uprising.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About the rope, a friend noticed she hold it in her left hand during Pit's Final Smash in brawl, so not seeing is actually plausible.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I'm ecstatic that this could possibly lead to Palutena being playable. I mean....extremely ecstatic.....

I'm a bit meh on her model. I was hoping for a more cuter, anime-esque Palutena rather than a stoned version of her. More in line with her anime portrayal. In those pictures, she looks pretty expressionless which bothers me considering how expressive the characters are (granted its the 3DS)

Regardless, I'm REALLY hoping that this leak is true.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nothing can comprehend the moe Palutena from the anime short.

But I will say, again, it was rather obvious regardless that the character was going to show up.

Also, ten bucks say that her special artwork will be a reference to this.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While I'm ecstatic that this could possibly lead to Palutena being playable. I mean....extremely ecstatic.....

I'm a bit meh on her model. I was hoping for a more cuter, anime-esque Palutena rather than a stoned version of her. More in line with her anime portrayal. In those pictures, she looks pretty expressionless which bothers me considering how expressive the characters are (granted its the 3DS)

Regardless, I'm REALLY hoping that this leak is true.
I would think that the pictures we saw are of Palutena standing still.
I feel like her attacks and especially her taunts would give off more of that "Palutena feel".

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I kinda think it may be real, but I'm not so sure. I'm going to keep my expectations low, despite wishing this was true. But let's just wait.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If this leak were real, I'd like them to make Palutena look less realistic and more animeish, like in Uprising. Anime styled characters should never be modeled to look realistic, which is also why Pokemon Trainer's model in Brawl looks sloppy.

Top Bottom