• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I really don't want to see chrom. I'm being honest here but ehh I just feel it happening :(
Don't be greedy :troll:, you'll get your Palutena so just ~embrace the Chrom~.

Trust me though, if Sakurai does put in Chrom, he'll make him a pretty unique character.

All the newcomers have been fairly unique so far, so I can't wait to see what they'll do with someone like Palutena.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Don't be greedy :troll:, you'll get your Palutena so just ~embrace the Chrom~.

Trust me though, if Sakurai does put in Chrom, he'll make him a pretty unique character.

All the newcomers have been fairly unique so far, so I can't wait to see what they'll do with someone like Palutena.
Well that's what I mean. I really don't think Ike is getting cut. I already know chrom will be unique if added. But if Palutena gets added I could care less what the roster is. Lol unless Bayonetta some how makes it in then that's a whole different story :)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw those too. I'm pretty hopeful that it's legitimate, but not entirely certain either way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd say hope they aren't legit, because the leaker apparently stated that she was an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

Her face seems to be taken from her appearance in the Subspace Emissary.
Out of this, it's a pretty looking fake.

Oh and I do support Palutena btw.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The 3D model for her Subspace Emissary have differences

About the black lines and characters/assist trophies, I can't say I'm sure, but I think only the playable characters have the black outline.
For exemple, on the Find Mii picture, the WFT arm is not outlined, because of the boss (can't recall his name)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
That's a really awesome and detailed fake, if real, she has outlines so possibly not an AT.
The only thing this proves is how well she will/would look in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Someone in the rumor thread tracked down the source, which is apparently 4chan (yeah), and the guy claimed she was an AT.
The guy who said that had since said he was most likely mistaken, and that it was someone else in the 4chan thread that said it, while the poster of the images said nothing.

Either way, I doubt ATs will have the outline, because no other NPC shown so far does. I think it's either fake or she's playable.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
The guy who said that had since said he was most likely mistaken, and that it was someone else in the 4chan thread that said it, while the poster of the images said nothing.

Either way, I doubt ATs will have the outline, because no other NPC shown so far does. I think it's either fake or she's playable.
Looking at Luma having no outline gives me a little more faith in what you say, I really hope you're right.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Well, in that case it's a pretty clear cut to say that the image hints at Palutena being playable big time.

I wouldn't understand why she'd go from being Pit's FS to an AT either way, she might aswell keep on being part of the FS then and put someone else from KI as the AT.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
If the Palutena has the outlines, then she's gotta be a character.
Hypothetically, ATs wouldn't have these outlines because they aren't playable.
Exactly, I mean, why would they? It'll just confuse people, outlines are made to highlight characters, even if it's a an actual leak, we just need a pic of the day showing an AT without the outlines.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We can go on about how much we think it's fake based on our skepticism alone, but what really matters is looking at already released screenshots.

At first, I thought I saw Zelda screenshots that were similar, but I was mistaken. I checked every other 3DS Battlefield screenshot I could find though. Out of all of them, only one looks to have a strikingly similar background to the solo shot of Palutena:

As you can see, the two shots are taken at near identical angles. However, even then, the bottom left part of the Peach shot is not visible in the Palutena solo shot, and the lighting is also a little bit different between the two shots.

As for the Palutena shot with Mario, I can't find any shots of Mario matching that shot. And yes, I did check the 3DS Facebook page, where they have extra screenshots. Even there, nothing matches up perfectly.

So there is a possibility this is legitimate, from what we can deduce. Also keep in mind that, compared to the likes of Mewthree, not a lot of people would go through the effort of making a fake screenshot of Palutena. Especially not one that looks so good. I can't find any tell tale signs that this is fake, unlike that one screenshot of Mewthree in Smash, that was easy to figure out and prove as fake.

The only thing that gives me any true, logical reason to doubt this is the fact that the bottom screen is not shown off. I mean, if you were going to leak screenshots like this, assuming you actually had your hands on the game for a bit, you might as well show us what's on the bottom screen while you're at it. Even if it is indeed nothing. At least to prove that you haven't just got the 3DS photo viewer with your fake screenshot up! :V

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's always reasons people don't show off too much. Either to keep people hanging on, or more likely in this case, to not pile too much heat on yourself.

That, or my personal theory, that Nintendo leaks some of these things to generate hype and speculation before reveals. The perfect crime.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
If Sakurai see this.. what he will do? Reveal her in the next direct or HOLD HER until the game's release just to see the fans going nuts?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Sakurai see this.. what he will do? Reveal her in the next direct or HOLD HER until the game's release just to see the fans going nuts?
Or third option: Remove her and only have one trophy of her with the sentence "This is why we can't have nice things." as its description.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think it is fake. The background has been used in other pictures, like the Peach one shared before. And that is also her idol animation from Uprising.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Geez, two weeks later and I'm still getting likes for that one post about 'how to unlock her'.

I'm going to have a long, hard laugh at myself if I wound up being prophetic.

The 3DS hasn't been hacked yet last time I checked, though. Still, if this is fake, it has to be one of the most elaborate that I've seen.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There are definitely some similarities no doubt, it's the details that seem different from the Uprising model. As I said in other posts about this, if this is a fake, then the person who made it spent alot of time modifying whatever model they use in the image.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ Starbound Starbound : Actually, I noted discrepancies between the Palutena solo shot and the Peach shot. The lighting is notably different, and the angle itself is a bit different, as you can see a 3D object in the bottom left of the Peach shot, while it isn't in the Palutena solo shot. While the very back looks almost identical, that's because the furthest "layers" of the stage are 2D pictures, meaning they don't actually have sides to show off. Past experience with 2D background objects in Smash also supports this. Those background mountains look to be at a near identical angle because they don't actually have sides, they are flat objects that always face the camera. So even if the camera angles of a shot are very different, they won't appear to be if all you can see is 2D background objects.

And even if the solo shot can't be explained, that doesn't explain the shot with Mario. I literally can't find any shots of Battlefield at a similar angle, nor can I find screenshots of Mario in that exact position. The only POSSIBLE thing that may disprove it from what we actually know, is that we could argue that the creator of this "fake" used the Developer Direct to get alternative shots of Battlefield not present in screenshots. I haven't re-watched that though to check if there are any similar angles shown off, but that video is in HD, so it could be used for shots that could be edited in a convincing manner. That would take way more effort than it's worth though. I'm saying this as someone who began using Photoshop 3 years ago, and now officially studies it in college. With most fakes, I could probably replicate them quite easily myself.

As for the possible explanation for the Palutena poses, someone could of taken her Brawl trophy model and edited in a 3D modelling program, such as 3DS Max (no, 3DS Max has nothing to do with the Nintendo 3DS). But again, WAY more trouble than it's worth. I highly doubt anyone would go through this much trouble for Palutena. She's a fairly niché request, compared to the likes of Mewthree, Ridley, and Ghirahim.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The outline on the first picture is next-to-nonexistent.

I'm gonna say fake, just like literally every other leak about this game ever.

Top Bottom