• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I mentioned this in the leak thread.

Does anyone else think it's fishy that Sakurai posted a pic of Viridi today? After all of the Palutena speculation? I know KI:U is out in the eShop, but there are plenty of users on sites like nintendolife who think it's Sakurai responding to the leak.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you think Sakurai would come out and completely shoot it down if the pictures were fake? He did that with the Spring release date rumor. It's been over 24 hours, and we've had nothing.
Well, I honestly found it justified and to be regular because there hasn't been any new KI stuff shown in the game since the X-Bomb being an item and Pit's pose when shooting an arrow has changed a bit, which were both revealed months ago. So I felt that needing new KI stuff to be shown would have been great. Honestly, the Pokemon, Starfox, and DK franchises are getting the least attention as of now, though I feel DK's time will come soon once Tropical Freeze is released.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Even if the image is fake, she's likely in the game anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. To be blunt, Sakurai doesn't put up with any fooling around about his games. Nintendo in general doesn't. Sakurai would of confirmed fakeness by now I reckon.
It's only been one day. And he never weighed in on any leaks before this, just a release date rumor that would have disapointed people if it were later then that.

Still, it is unusual for a Nintendo game to have a leak, especially for an in-development game. Usually when there is a Nintendo leak, it's due to people getting a hold of game a week before it's scheduled release or whatever. If this is a real leak, then it's a pretty amazing case.
Uh, yeah, I guess. If this leak is legitimate, that means beta-testers have their hands the game now (I really, really doubt anyone who worked directly under Sakurai would leak something). And beta-testers are sworn to secrecy, if they were able to trace that back that guy would likely never be able to beta-test again. Which would be losing out on a pretty cushy job. (I sure as **** wouldn't risk it.) Also, this means that the game may be further along then we thought if it's in beta-testing stages (although, I don't actually know when that starts. I assume it's toward the end development, because adding new aspects would only cause more bugs).

And if it's real, the guy who leaked it is DEAD. :p
Probably/

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You still haven't really given a reason for your claim so the grammar is still not the main problem.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
If it's real, then I'll be disappointed that it was spoiled before the reveal trailer. That already happened with Rosalina, albeit it was only a few minutes prior to the Direct. Still, it ruined the surprise.

I don't believe it though. I assume all "leaks" are fake until proven otherwise.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
The real question is not if the image is real or not. Instead we should ask, why a character like Palutena could be a good addition to sbb, because we have literally dozens of characters that deserve that more.

But other things than my opinion, i think that there is something weird in the height of the characters-position of the background.

I also have one thing more about this, and is th

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Whether you believe she'd be a good addition or not is going to entirely come down to opinion on who or what is considering 'more deserving' in that regards.

As far as the height... based on other pictures of Mario it looks fairly accurate as Palutena is generally portrayed as taller then Pit who was similar to size to Mario in both Brawl and in the new game. The position doesn't appear to be heavily off from what I've been able to tell by looking at, someone in the leaks thread has probably looked at it way closer then I did.

As this is all can technically be replicated as the nature of gaming models are, yes it is possible this isn't real. The reason it is viewed as more possible is because if it is fake it's not blantant in how fake it is. Given the lack of previously usable models or a large number of defects in the image graphic. It's either an extremely elaborate fake someone spent alot of time on or not fake. I can't really se it any other way in this case.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The real question is not if the image is real or not. Instead we should ask, why a character like Palutena could be a good addition to sbb, because we have literally dozens of characters that deserve that more.

But other things than my opinion, i think that there is something weird in the height of the characters-position of the background.

Maybe the height was done like that for balancing purposes.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I just hope after all this, she doesn't end up as an Assist Trophy. That would be such a downer.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just hope after all this, she doesn't end up as an Assist Trophy. That would be such a downer.
That wouldn't make any sense really. They remove her from Pit's Final Smash just to make her an Assist?

The black outline in the picture, assuming it's real, to me would mean that she's playable. If you have 4 people with dark outlines, and then an Assist jumps in with one, that's a lot of black lines.

The lines can be transparent in some parts as Sakurai stated, but I really think she's playable. Plus that idle stance doesn't scream "ASSIST TROPHY" to me, and she looks like she's in an idle stance.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Is a Fake. You people seem to be news in internet.

The background of Battlefield. You know, rocks. Something i

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice

I personally only see three that deserve to get in before Palutena: Ridley, K. Rool, and Mac (not in any particular order). She is widely popular and has a great moveset potential. And not to mention that her series appears to be getting a lot of attention in Smash bros with Pit being one of the first revealed and a new item.

I don't see any error in the height; Palutena is just a pretty tall lady. And like Jones said, Mario and Pit are around the same height and it looks like matches up to me

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's only been one day. And he never weighed in on any leaks before this, just a release date rumor that would have disapointed people if it were later then that.
A full 24 hours (way more at this stage) is a VERY long time for a Smash "leak" to be up in the air about it's legitimacy. As I've said, leaks like this have always been proven false within hours of their appearance.

Sakurai is a pretty stern person when it comes to rumours and usually speaks out against them if they are false. He's pretty straight about this stuff. He didn't way in on most leaks because they were so obviously fake, and didn't need his confirmation to prove so. This is a different case. If it's fake, he would obviously know, but he would recognise how well done this hoax is, and would understand that people may not be able to prove it by themselves. With Miiverse, this is even easier than ever. Although he said so before in an interview, Sakurai had no problem preventing speculation over a story mode on Monday, when he released a screenshot of the single-player mode. His interview would not have been as widespread.

Again, I am skeptical by virtue of this being a "leak", but unlike others, I will not just go and say "lol it's fake ur all dummies" just because of past experience. I will remain neutral on this. But in terms of ACTUAL EVIDENCE, I cannot deny that this being real seems like the more likely outcome this time around. Every single piece of reasoning against it's legitimacy is flimsy at best. This includes some of my own reasons that I have not presented yet. And the reason I won't present those reasons is because they are incredibly weak reasons, that I myself can trump.

As for the height issue:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Is a Fake. You people seem to be news in internet.

The background of Battlefield. You know, rocks. Something i
I don't know why, but your posts on here remind me of the Doge meme.

Anyway, deserving is subjective. So that should not be a base to claim she will not be in, let alone to irrelevantly relate that to why the picture is fake. And height is hardly an issue as well, as almost everyone else has claimed.

This could be a very well-done fake leak. However, there is still concrete evidence to support that it's real.

EDIT: Might I ask, you're saying there are dozens of more "deserving" characters. Really? Besides Mewtwo, Little Mac, Ridley, and K. Rool, it's pretty much Palutena. These five are the elite for a reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I view it more as a case of there being no concrete evidence to prove it false. Because as real as it may look, it's never concrete until it's announced this was a legit leak.

As for my stance on who "deserves" to get in - Ridley won't work. I pretty much feel Sakurai basically deconfirmed his playable appearance anyway, but even if he didn't, Ridley is a special case compared to other giants - he would require a complete redesign to scale down. His anatomy is built in such a way that he has to be giant.

Palutena deserves it. People like her, she's female, she has great potential, and she's part of one of Sakurai's baby franchises. Why wouldn't she make it at this point? Granted, this leak could be fake, but that doesn't mean she will not appear, unless we are directly told she won't. And I think if this is fake, they'll HAVE to put her in after seeing the reaction this leak caused. She makes too much sense to not appear.

And I will also be the devil's advocate with Pac-Man - he doesn't deserve it. I'm sorry, I know Pac-Man is a revolutionary game, but beyond that, not many people actually care about the franchise. He's not on the same caliber as Sonic or Mega Man, or even Snake. I'd sooner expect Rayman. Pac-Man just didn't stick when the 3D era came.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I view it more as a case of there being no concrete evidence to prove it false. Because as real as it may look, it's never concrete until it's announced this was a legit leak.
Exactly. There's no valid claim against it. Personally, I think there's more for it than against it at this point, but until we get more information on this leak, or on Palutena herself, there's no point in judging if it's real or not. There's nothing concrete about this leak yet.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really hope that this is the music that plays in Palutena's reveal trailer:
It's very fitting for a reveal, and it would hype me up beyond belief.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
So, when people mention the "plains" argument, I think they're saying that Mario should not be at that height compared to Palutena, and thus their feet would be on different plains (or platforms).

Fortunately, splat AKA "The guy who disproved Ness and Jigglypuff being leaked" though it looked real at first glance, and thus did more analysis. This is what he had to say:

Something I whipped up quickly. I noticed people mentioned the positions of the two being off - in that their feet wouldn't match up - so there's this to show that they do stand on the same horizontal line. The red lines are her bones, which stop at her ankles. Her feet don't give too much height (as shown in Uprising's artwork), so I'd say it fits in that aspect at least.
Now, either someone put way too much effort into this, or this is 100% real.

All credit goes to splat for the analysis, I'm just a relay.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ah, so that's what people meant by "layering". I'd personally refer to that as just the character's position along the 3rd-axis.

And to further emphasise how drastic some character resizes are in Smash, keep in mind that in their own universes, Kirby is 8 inches (20.32cm) high, and Sonic is 110cm high. So if we are to assume Sonic is modelled after his true scale (which he appears to be), Kirby should actually only be about a fifth of Sonic's size. However, in Brawl:

Also, Olimar is 1cm high in his own game, IIRC.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What if Palutena said Pit's famous line: "Sorry to keep you waiting!" when she was revealed?
I would like that a lot.
I've been thinking about her reveal trailer, obviously, as Palutena has always been a favorite of mine, I've always considered her one of the most likely, and this leak assures me even further that Palutena will make it. I just know it.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Knowing Sakurai we will probably get two more KI reps and another Kirby rep.

Sigh.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Why exactly would that be the case? Though I wouldn't be opposed to it, the Kirby characters added were definitely deserving of being in Brawl. I would like Bandanna Dee or Magolor if Kirby were to get a new character myself.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if Palutena said Pit's famous line: "Sorry to keep you waiting!" when she was revealed?
I would like that a lot.
I've been thinking about her reveal trailer, obviously, as Palutena has always been a favorite of mine, I've always considered her one of the most likely, and this leak assures me even further that Palutena will make it. I just know it.
What if the Palutena's line was, "Alright which one of you leaked me on 4chan?" :troll:

Top Bottom