• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To be fair, there hasn't been much new stuff for us to discuss Palutena as much lately... well, besides the Palutena's Temple stage, which we haven't seen much of yet. We already did the "Make your Palutena moveset" thing, we talked about all things Kid Icarus so far, and the only thing we're mostly doing now is random discussions while not getting too off topic, and having our list of Palutena supporters grow.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I'm more hyped for Palutena than ever.
I truly think that April is a good month to reveal her, since everyone pretty much knows she's coming anyway.
The Kid Icarus soundtrack is truly amazing, I listened to a whole bunch of songs yesterday thinking about which one would be best for Palutena's trailer.
I decided that this would be the best. I love this song so much.

And on another topic:
I came up with a great Ridley trailer involving Pit and Palutena facing off against the Space Pirates. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'd bet anything on this being the song that plays in her trailer:

It's essentially Palutena's theme imo, playing in solo mode and there being a slight remix of it in the background of Palutena's Temple. The theme you posted is nice, but it makes me think more of Pit than Palutena.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Glaciacott Glaciacott
I like the theme that you posted a lot, but my theme just screams "reveal trailer" in my opinion.
I don't know how well gameplay footage will tie in with the Main Theme.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's the tone that gets me I guess. The main theme song has this graceful tone that just shines for the type of goddess Palutena is, and considering how well the Gusty Garden Galaxy music fit for Rosalina, I'd see it working. It has rises too, so I could definitely see it playing with action going on.

It's a matter of evoking the characters. With Little Mac and Mega Man it was cool to go with super energetic music because that's the tone of the characters. But Rosalina and Palutena are a different thing. They're graceful and calm, and the music should reflect that.

The song you posted I really like (particularly since it harkens to the original very obviously), but it makes me think of adventure, and when it comes to Kid Icarus Pit is the one that it fits best, imo.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well to be honest, Palutena isn't THAT graceful. :)
She's so fun loving and energetic as a character that I believe either one would fit.
One to fit the graceful tone, another to fit the fun tone.
It's a matter of what direction Sakurai wants to go in with her.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, I remember that. They also had Magnus's theme on it before the game's release. You know that Palutena theme is beautiful.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I decided to watch a KI:U Let's play to know more about Palutena.

I'm on Chapter 3 now. From what I've seen, Palutena is quite the troll. :laugh: I want a 3DS so badly now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Palutena's truly a master troll. I can only hope that every bit of her fabulous Uprising personality carriers over into her Smash character.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE REVEALS? DAMN IT!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and after playing a while I already think Palutena is awesome!

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I think that with today's PotD, the chances of Palutena being no longer involved with Pit's FS have increased. Also, I finally managed to play KI:U for the first time yesterday and afterwards I had to ask myself: why did I put off buying such an awesome game for so long?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was gonna say that, but beat me to it. Luigi's FS has changed, so Pit's has a higher chance of changing. I'm looking forward to seeing Pit's.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Palutena's chances are shining even brighter. [/Goddess of Light joke] Awesome.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I approve of that kind of bright pun. We may have to play the waiting game more, but we know the chances of our Uprising is much greater.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I was gonna say that, but beat me to it. Luigi's FS has changed, so Pit's has a higher chance of changing. I'm looking forward to seeing Pit's.
So... not only we will see the three sacred treasures transformation but we'll finally confirm Palutena is no longer in Pit's FS after months of speculation? :eek:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Man, reading over this thread has made me go and listen to a bunch of Uprising music. I almost forgot how awesome Dark Pit's theme was. It ALMOST makes me want him to be playable, because it would be perfect reveal trailer material. Except not, because, you know, Palutena >>>>>>>> Dark Pit. Really hope Palutena is the next new comer revealed.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, does anyone find it weird that Sakurai seems to be holding back on actually calling the stage "Palutena's Temple"? Or could it be that today's image hints at a more complex Stage Builder?
He never called out the Boxing Ring as a Punch Out stage, or even a Boxing Ring, until Little Mac was confirmed.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
He never called out the Boxing Ring as a Punch Out stage, or even a Boxing Ring, until Little Mac was confirmed.
Isn't the Boxing Ring actually two stages, one Punch Out and one Final Destination? Or does it vary based on which fighters are in it? I thought I read something like that but I didn't care enough to remember any detail about it because Pit wasn't involved.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Isn't the Boxing Ring actually two stages, one Punch Out and one Final Destination? Or does it vary based on which fighters are in it? I thought I read something like that but I didn't care enough to remember any detail about it because Pit wasn't involved.
It's a PO!! stage that has two themes to it: One that is, of course, from PO!! and a Smash Bros themed skin.

My guess is, hold L and/or R to change the skin (You could do the same with Mushroomy Kingdom).

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha, thanks. Still suffers from a lack of Pit in my opinion. Chaos Vortex theme, anyone?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*patpat for Zuby* (cute Pit avy btw, I know it's from dA. :p )

Tbh, I kinda hope for a slight remix of the ground battle theme of the Palutena's Temple chapter. Only reason why I say it shouldn't be the KIU OST one as the main track is because the Palutena's Temple in KI:U, or Skyworld in general, was all messed up and destroyed, hence that track was actually called "Destroyed Skyworld" iirc, which gave off a little sad, mournful vibe when listening to it. Of course, the stage version doesn't look destroyed at all, getting the reverse treatment of that Mushroomy Kingdom stage from Brawl.

Of course, I still want the original soundtrack of that stage on it as well, along with Palutena's Theme (the menu theme).

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
*patpat for Zuby* (cute Pit avy btw, I know it's from dA. :p )
Gotta spread the love!

I'm not all that fussed about music. If the Thunder Cloud Temple gets in I'll be choosing that every time. If it doesn't, I'll just play with the sound off and listen to Thunder Cloud Temple on my iPod.

What more do you need?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gotta spread the love!

I'm not all that fussed about music. If the Thunder Cloud Temple gets in I'll be choosing that every time. If it doesn't, I'll just play with the sound off and listen to Thunder Cloud Temple on my iPod.

What more do you need?
For the cute angel and soon-to-come (hopefully) Palutena, of course!

Same with the love for the Phosphora stage themes. <3 I just hope we get something amazing that's KI related again very soon. Not just an item, but rather more amazing Pit info, perhaps on one of his moves, or a buff or something... More Palutena's Temple too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It better be Palutena only. They'll so be sorry for keeping us waiting.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
At this point, I'm practically EXPECTING Palutena on Wednesday. These next four days are going to be agonizing... x.x

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm in the same position. I was nodding to sleep while refreshing miiverse, then checked the website and got slapped in the face with a Smash Bros. Direct announcement. Goodbye sleep.

Hello Palutena!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At this point, I'm practically EXPECTING Palutena on Wednesday. These next four days are going to be agonizing... x.x
We'll just get the appropriate KI related gifs ready IF she makes it. We're coming to save you, Lady Palutena...
or is she coming to save us?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
THE HYPE IS POTENTIALLY REAL YOU GUYS! THIS COULD BE OUR MOMENT!

Top Bottom