• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I would too if I had money...

As a side note, how would you guys incorporate Palutena's status as the commander of her own army into a moveset? Newcomer movesets are based on what they do in their games (Villager collects items, Mega Man has boss abilities, WFT's yoga, Rosalina and her Lumas and Little Mac is a boxer), and I think Palutena owning her own army could make a pretty interesting moveset, provided that it isn't anything like Olimar.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I never liked the idea of a Centurion summon myself. There's a lot more to choose from, like all of the powers from Uprising's multiplayer mode.
Unless you had something else in mind for the army.

Last edited:

Starbound

Unless you had something else in mind for the army.
I was thinking of really involving the centurions in her moveset. Not as a summon ala Olimar and Rosalina, but something more like all of her specials summon some type of centurion (or other member of Palutena's army) and perform just one task. In a way, all of her moves are a summon, but each summon only does one thing.

Gimme a bit to work on the whole moveset and I can try to explain it better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I already made a moveset somewhere around this thread that doesn't include centurions or summoning. You may like it, if you want me to find it.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'd really rather have Palutena fight the way she did in Uprising, but given that she is a goddess there is literally no limit to what her moveset could be.
Really I don't even care what her moveset is as long as she's in the game and sufficiently different to other characters.

Also on a technicality, Pit is the captain of the guard so if anyone is directly commanding Centurions it should be him. Palutena commands Pit.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well, i support Palutena for SSB4, and yes, i gave her all of my hearts in KI: Uprising (and also gave hearts for Viridi too)
Who cares about weapons when you can be closer to a goddess anyways.

Last edited:

Starbound

Also on a technicality, Pit is the captain of the guard so if anyone is directly commanding Centurions it should be him. Palutena commands Pit.
That's a really good point.

(Not to mention that there were way less types of Centurions than I remember so it's probably not going to be that interesting of a moveset).

I'd really like her to use her light powers from the boss fight, but I have a feeling that Sakurai could see it as just a different color of Rosalina's galaxies and discard the possibility.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aw, you liked my moveset. Now I'm a blushing angel. >//<
And trust me, I love that swirling light move of hers in that battle.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And then was just Snake disguised as Palutena, "Keep you waiting, huh?"
And we beat up Snake badly for ever trying to impersonate our Goddess of Light, or better yet, Palutena herself if not a flustered Pit beats him up.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gah! Why can't it be Tuesday already? I HAVE TO KNOW!!

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
-D-tilt: 14% damage, 6% if opponent is not close enough.
Palutena pokes the ground in front of her with her staff. Upon doing so, a bursting arc of light appears that spreads out further slightly. It pushes opponents diagonally upward.
Think of it as a short-ranged flamethrower that has a very short reach, and lasts for less than half a second. The impact however, is that of a tank shooting in a sense.
Can KO Mario at around 130%.

-D-smash: 15% for the Staff shockwave, 7% per pillar, (22% and 12% respectively if fully charged)
Palutena slams the tip of her staff down on the ground to create both a shockwave and 2 pillars of light, one on the left and right side of her. While the shockwave alone has fair power,
The pillars themselves are taller than Palutena, and will actually move forward and act as projectiles that are capable of piercing through multiple targets, but not through walls and has limited range. If the pillar is going through a part of a stage that has a low ceiling, the ceiling will temporarily shorten the height of the pillar. The pillars can NOT be reflected, but can still be canceled out. You can still spotdodge or shield the pillars of light to avoid them. The move itself has some ending lag. When charging, Palutena spins her staff around before slamming the tip down on the ground.
Shockwave can KO Mario at around 95% (80% if fully charged), Light Pillars at around 235% (220% if fully charged).
Having said I'm not fussed by her moveset, these are the sorts of things that I am really hoping will get in there. Like you I imagine Palutena being on the slower side on the ground, and therefore she'll need a clearance move for when she gets surrounded or trapped in a chain. I'd been thinking of a shockwave type thing that charges in the background over time like ROB's laser, or dare I say it, a certain move of Wario's.

andimidna

Smash Master
Divine Tuesday... so much yes...

Concerning the reveal, I think the real question is: Is Sakurai done trolling about Palutena?

I think he'll troll at the beginning of the reveal, but that will be it.
He needs to move on to trolling about somebody else. We're done waiting! :o

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah I'm hoping we see Palutena that day.

I think she's honestly more likely to be shown. It's tough to say anybody is likely I suppose, however, she seems like an ideal character to reveal.

I'd like to see her, Shulk, or Chrom newcomer wise. Veteran wise, I'd like to see Ike or Snake mostly.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah I'm hoping we see Palutena that day.

I think she's honestly more likely to be shown. It's tough to say anybody is likely I suppose, however, she seems like an ideal character to reveal.

I'd like to see her, Shulk, or Chrom newcomer wise. Veteran wise, I'd like to see Ike or Snake mostly.
I wonder what people think the possibility of multiple newcomers is?
Do think we could be seeing 2 of those? Or even all 3?
I had just immediately assumed it would be just one, but we haven't had a Nintendo Direct completely focused on Smash yet...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Frankly it depends on how much time they devote to what.

If they waste time giving "historical perspective on the series", rather than jumping right in, I'm not entirely sure. I'm confident we'll see at least one, and I'm hoping they'll capitalize on this special occasion (if they consider it one) to reveal more than just them.

Now is the time for the pre-E3 hype. I'd say the odds are high (maybe 60% in my head?) of seeing a second new rep, and one veteran or so. It really depends on how important they gauge that versus spending some time talking about the gameplay details we dunno about yet.

andimidna

Smash Master
The fact that they started building up hype for the direct a full week before it is what gets me thinking we could be seeing a lot more than we expected.
The top 2 I want to see for April would be Palutena and Chrom & Lucina

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The fact that they started building up hype for the direct a full week before it is what gets me thinking we could be seeing a lot more than we expected.
The top 2 I want to see for April would be Palutena and Chrom & Lucina
Some part of me is really hoping for Palutena and Takamaru to be revealed.

Because now that I can't ship her with Little Mac, I may as well ship her with my OTHER handsome wanted male character. And I can't ship her with Shulk because that doesn't make sense. Because they're my most wanted.

Well, going to continue to think "Palutena or Takamaru or Shulk or Ridley or etc. if we're lucky, Palutena seems most likely, but it'll probably be Miis or a FE newcomer. One newcomer probably, yada yada"

~50 hours remain, friends! It could soon be upon us...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Reminding me of my thoughts of Pit with some of the ladies, Palutena being the main one (yes, the cute hugs again). Part of that occupies me as we wait for the Direct in 2 days, which is still a long wait.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Reminding me of my thoughts of Pit with some of the ladies, Palutena being the main one (yes, the cute hugs again). Part of that occupies me as we wait for the Direct in 2 days, which is still a long wait.
I don't wanna cause any issues in here, cuz we're all friends here, but Pit x Palutena is just one ship I can't see, moreso because it has that teacher-student relationship surrounding it, that I never associated with shipping.

In addition, as an MLP fan, and finding alot of similarities between Palutena and Celestia, it just reminds me that people like to ship her with her student, Twilight, and I just can't even. I get the same vibe from Pit x Palutena.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for people to ship who they want, it's all in good fun anyway. I mean, someone in the Ridley thread shipped him with Palutena. Just wanted to put my thoughts on it out there while we wait to see what happens on Tuesday!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I used to ship ZeldaXIke in a couple fanfictions. But that was a while ago.

As for Palutena, I'm not entirely sure who she'd be with.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I used to ship ZeldaXIke in a couple fanfictions. But that was a while ago.

As for Palutena, I'm not entirely sure who she'd be with.
Zelda x Ike. I like it.

I'm also one of those rare people who ships her with Ganondorf, but that's neither here nor there.

Captain Falcon may also be an acceptable choice for Palutena.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't wanna cause any issues in here, cuz we're all friends here, but Pit x Palutena is just one ship I can't see, moreso because it has that teacher-student relationship surrounding it, that I never associated with shipping.

In addition, as an MLP fan, and finding alot of similarities between Palutena and Celestia, it just reminds me that people like to ship her with her student, Twilight, and I just can't even. I get the same vibe from Pit x Palutena.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for people to ship who they want, it's all in good fun anyway. I mean, someone in the Ridley thread shipped him with Palutena. Just wanted to put my thoughts on it out there while we wait to see what happens on Tuesday!

It doesn't always have to be pairings; it could be brother/sis or mother/son, so as long as Pit gets them special hugs and blushes. Those flattered/blushing/embarrassed expressions are the best for Pit besides his bad-A moments.
And no to Falcon. I don't even approve of him with Samus, but I rather have that than with Palutena. *eyetwitch* Just thinking of it kinda ruins my visualizing by imagining it. My apologies... I blame my overall distaste for the character.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It doesn't always have to be pairings; it could be brother/sis or mother/son, so as long as Pit gets them special hugs and blushes. Those flattered/blushing/embarrassed expressions are the best for Pit besides his bad-A moments.
And no to Falcon. I don't even approve of him with Samus, but I rather have that than with Palutena. *eyetwitch* Just thinking of it kinda ruins my visualizing by imagining it. My apologies... I blame my overall distaste for the character.
That's probably it. I don't think you can deny Palutena would get a kick out of his hilarious overexxagerated moves.

"Do you always have to yell before you punch?"

And then she'd start getting into how it works.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
To me, Palutena and Pit are like best friends who aren't romantically interested in each other, but still throw around, um, suggestive jokes about themselves.

andimidna

Smash Master
Which is your favorite design for Palutena?
[collapse=A]
[/collapse]
[collapse=B]
[/collapse]
[collapse=C]
[/collapse]
[collapse=D]
[/collapse]
[collapse=E]
[/collapse]
[collapse=F]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Z]
[/collapse]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
B. Her face is just much more lively and...her, in it.

Although I also like the look of that one mockup trophy where she's sitting down playing with her hair. She looks excellent there. I've been hoping they just hadn't finished the face in the leak model, because it just seemed too passive to be her.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I want her in, the last time we tried to predict a direct, we got shellshocked. Call me a skeptic, but I shall wait before I get excited.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As much as I want her in, the last time we tried to predict a direct, we got shellshocked. Call me a skeptic, but I shall wait before I get excited.
My actual expectation is Miis, it's just fun to talk about things you actually want to see.

Not too long now...

Top Bottom