• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, to me, Palutena seems like one of the more plausible reveals we could get in this Direct. The stage is set for her. Quite literally, actually. On the other hand, I could see them holding her off a little bit longer. She could be a good hype builder down the road if they want. At the very least, I feel fairly confident that she'll be playable at this point.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
On Pit's and Palutena's relationship, I keep believing they have it completely platonic and even deep- also just genuinely heartwarming, with comical tendencies.
Palutena can be her true self around Pit (to point of teasing and messing with him), while Pit looks up to her in many ways, and a lot of his strengths and defining moments of awesome is only directed by his sheer dedication to her alone.
Both are inseparable, even through the "apparent" betrayals (Chaos Kin Palutena) and death (Burned Wings Pit): they always will bring each other back together (Pittoo doing the whole thing for them once, but yeh).
Even first Kid Icarus ran on this in means of story in my opinion.

In anycase, it's pretty humane and very humoristic deconstruction of the whole "BodyGuard&Empress"-relationship, feeling quite heartwarming as so: they both enjoying each other's time going so far as to parody those tropes for sake of it, while giving us plenty of laughs and feels to watch, making these two such lovable characters today.
For example, Palutena hinting at Pit bringing the coffee like some delivery dude while he goes straight to how she likes it with is certainly funny to imagine but I know it's something both don't mind really doing because they like each other that much and enjoy good time together. Like during mornings, hahah.

Quite makes me think relationship between me and my sis who's now away at somewhere in Africa.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's heartwarming for sure. They bring comedy to us with their silly playful banters, but definitely are serious when they need to be, and we surely have seen how serious Pit was during that Chaos Kin arc, and Palutena in Ch.22. Guess I really like those 2 that much (and that hug I keep talking bout is an attempt at a playful Palutena to tease poor Pit).

Also regarding the wanting of our character in via direct, I'm just feeling impatient these days. I mean the thing about waiting to know if our character is in or not is that we may worry the longer we wait (though she may be a secret surprise after the game release). I mean the Little Mac fans are happy when he was shown, and I as I'm hoping it will be our time this direct or at least at E3, I just hope we don't have to wait much longer. It's just as I said; the longer we wait for get to be confirmed and the more characters get shown that isn't her, the more I start to worry. The only benefit to a later reveal is better game looks and a better trailer.

When I read my own words, if there's no character voices this direct (excluding the Little Mac trailer), then maybe this E3 will actually have some character voices (along with a demo), making it another great chance for our Goddess of Light to make it in. After all, KI: U definitely has quite the dialogue, so maybe that's what we're really waiting on besides more KI info in the game; the showing of character voices. So here's to hoping she makes it this direct or E3 at best.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's heartwarming for sure. They bring comedy to us with their silly playful banters, but definitely are serious when they need to be, and we surely have seen how serious Pit was during that Chaos Kin arc, and Palutena in Ch.22. Guess I really like those 2 that much (and that hug I keep talking bout is an attempt at a playful Palutena to tease poor Pit).

I personally prefer it like this. Just lovable.

Also regarding the wanting of our character in via direct, I'm just feeling impatient these days. I mean the thing about waiting to know if our character is in or not is that we may worry the longer we wait (though she may be a secret surprise after the game release). I mean the Little Mac fans are happy when he was shown, and I as I'm hoping it will be our time this direct or at least at E3, I just hope we don't have to wait much longer. It's just as I said; the longer we wait for get to be confirmed and the more characters get shown that isn't her, the more I start to worry. The only benefit to a later reveal is better game looks and a better trailer.

When I read my own words, if there's no character voices this direct (excluding the Little Mac trailer), then maybe this E3 will actually have some character voices (along with a demo), making it another great chance for our Goddess of Light to make it in. After all, KI: U definitely has quite the dialogue, so maybe that's what we're really waiting on besides more KI info in the game; the showing of character voices. So here's to hoping she makes it this direct or E3 at best.
I know, it's quite a wait. I'm at the moment feeling pretty patient, maybe because I'm expecting anything to happen, which has led me to have some sort of neutral and tranquil state of hype due not really wanting to look forward at something in a huge level. I guess quite beneficial in this upcoming event.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I personally prefer it like this. Just lovable.

I know, it's quite a wait. I'm at the moment feeling pretty patient, maybe because I'm expecting anything to happen, which has led me to have some sort of neutral and tranquil state of hype. I guess quite beneficial in this upcoming event.

I approve of that kinda hug too, so cute and lovable.

Well, we'll see what happens during the Direct. If I'm not satisfied with the footage (I know I will be satisfied) or with the newcomer, then you can consider me almost furious like I was during the Little Mac moment. I'll be patient now, but you know. *shivers*

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oddly, I feel the same way. Sure I'm excited, but not frothing at the mouth excited. Though it's better that I'm more cool and collected anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I'm pretty much just waiting to see what we get.

One thing I've been thinking about: If the Palutena leak is real, and it likely is, and the face used there turns out to be her normal, finished face, how would everyone feel about that? Do you think, from that one shot that it fits her well enough? Every time I look at it, I'm just not sure about it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Keep in mind that stuff that we see now will be different from the finished product. So if it is real, it could be a beta version of her rather than the finished thing. That's how the Uprising trailer from E3 was, inferior to the intro of the finished product. But honestly, I'd be satisfied with her just being playable, then see how she works out in the end.

andimidna

Smash Master
The leak model looks fantastic, but...
I think I would actually prefer the leak be fake and for her to have a slightly different model I guess.
Although it could easily be a beta version since it hasn't been officially released.

I just don't get how this face

Plus this face

Equals this face.

I do think it's real. But the other 2 faces were a bit more slender.
Although... characters like Link look very different on 3ds and Wii U

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Uprising's Palutena definitely tops the others. What a graceful look that is.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer the shiny dark green hair to the bright green hair :bee:
I'm hoping it's as dark green and as shiny as possible in her artwork :colorful:
Darker green hair is fine, but it should look majestic on bright stages. :3

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that even with leak pictures, we're talking about a 3DS image that's grainy when blown up.

Now, just imagine Palutena on the Wii U in the Mario Galaxy stage. I think we'll be pleased.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That would be so elegant with that amazing hair and all. *insert heart-shaped eyes here*

andimidna

Smash Master
Keep in mind that even with leak pictures, we're talking about a 3DS image that's grainy when blown up.

Now, just imagine Palutena on the Wii U in the Mario Galaxy stage. I think we'll be pleased.
EVERYTHING so far has looked spectacular on Gateway Galaxy!

I'm sure a character design as great as Palutena's would be no exception!

That would be so elegant with that amazing hair and all.
I did it!

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
EVERYTHING so far has looked spectacular on Gateway Galaxy!

I'm sure a character design as great as Palutena's would be no exception!

I did it!
That's what Pit should look like when he sees that she made it in too. >//<
So if she does, we need fanart of many masses, and a celebration. Are we ready for potential? Unfortunately I won't say 100% because... well I don't want to be too disappointed.

andimidna

Smash Master
That's what Pit should look like when he sees that she made it in too. >//<
So if she does, we need fanart of many masses, and a celebration. Are we ready for potential? Unfortunately I won't say 100% because... well I don't want to be too disappointed.
How many hours until the direct?
I WANT A COUNTDOWN!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Under 47 hours to go, approximately.

Palutena being in HD though-- I hope she tops of MK8's Rosalina who already looks someone I wanna fondle face of to no end. It's just so pretty and smooth. Hnnghh. (~´/2/`~)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Under 47 hours to go, approximately.

Palutena being in HD though-- I hope she tops of MK8's Rosalina who already looks someone I wanna fondle face of to no end. It's just so pretty and smooth. Hnnghh. (~´/2/`~)
Bosom talk? Oh, if we got to see Lady Palutena in HD, what would her literally Godly Bosom be like?
And I may get chewed out for thinking bout something naughty.

(coincidentally sometimes bosom talk, especially if Pit's getting those kinda hugs, is something that calms me down)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bosom talk? Oh, if we got to see Lady Palutena in HD, what would her literally Godly Bosom be like?
And I may get chewed out for thinking bout something naughty.

(coincidentally sometimes bosom talk, especially if Pit's getting those kinda hugs, is something that calms me down)
Stop talking about them laurel crowns. :troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But in honesty, there really isn't much to talk about til the Direct happens, and it's still over a day away til it happens. So what else is there to do?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Um, lack of a topic doesn't justify talking about the bosom of a video game character. To you it may be ok, but it makes other people uncomfortable, particularly for me since this is my one favorite character in any video game given what a strong female presence she is, so it's kind of a peeve to see people reduce her to talk about her chest.
I'm sure if you look around the internet there are places for that. But I personally believe this isn't it.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ok... looks like I'm the one that has to make the new topic again.
Scenario: 2 newcomers are revealed in the direct. One of them is Palutena.

Would you prefer to see Palutena right away so you can sigh in relief that she's confirmed... or would you want her saved for the ending hype pawnch?

So the Question is: Would you want Palutena revealed before or after the other newcomer?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Um, lack of a topic doesn't justify talking about the bosom of a video game character. To you it may be ok, but it makes other people uncomfortable, particularly for me since this is my one favorite character in any video game given what a strong female presence she is, so it's kind of a peeve to see people reduce her to talk about her chest.
I'm sure if you look around the internet there are places for that. But I personally believe this isn't it.
Better not set foot in the Ridley thread then...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Before, because I imagine that then she'd be explained along with Rosalina and Little Mac.

If they hold a newcomer for the end, I imagine it'd be a character surprise, or one able to generate a lot of hype, like a third party, or Ridley/Mewtwo, but I imagine those working better for E3 in any case.
So I guess I really expect just one newcomer.

edit: lol, people talk about Ridley's bosom?

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Before, because I imagine that then she'd be explained along with Rosalina and Little Mac.

If they hold a newcomer for the end, I imagine it'd be a character surprise, or one able to generate a lot of hype, like a third party, or Ridley/Mewtwo, but I imagine those working better for E3 in any case.
So I guess I really expect just one newcomer.

edit: lol, people talk about Ridley's bosom?
u never know what people discus on internet forums :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh, you have a point... At least someone told me the issue. I blame my need to think of something like that or something painful towards stuff I hate to maintain a calmer mood.
But I guess I'm being impatient to the point where I may lose my sanity sometimes. If she does indeed get revealed, we'll finally have a lot of things to talk about (skipping what you mentioned), including discussing the moves we may see and all. hopefully frame data, and more bout the stage since I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it in her trailer. But even now I'm still getting worried it will definitely be someone else.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget, getting too googly eyed was one of the reason why Brawl speculation was unbearable, and because of it we should avoid talking it as much as possible.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You did mention something that I'm not sure if others brought up before, but ... do you guys think, based on the picture last week, that Palutena's Temple might be a moving stage?

I'm personally a bit afraid of this since scrolling stages like Rainbow Cruise can be fun, but I ultimately never enjoy playing in them. And since we're talking about Palutena's stage I was really hoping it'd be a plain and simple fighting arena with the occasional tempura/eggplant wizard or something of that sort. I'd really like for the Kid Icarus stages to be stages like Smashville where I can play over and over again and hear excellent music.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm thinking it might be akin to Castle Siege with multiple transformations as the level goes on.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It may transact like Castle Siege. I personally am worried bout it since it may not end up being a legal stage competitively. I just want 1 KI stage to be legal so I can pick it a lot. We need more footage of it, and I may say it's 100% guarantee we may see a bit of it in the Direct, although I do want to see some 3ds stuff too. I don't think they've shown 3ds footage yet.
EDIT: Better not be related to Hyrule Temple though. I hated that stage to no end (insert Basic Brawl rant here).

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It sure would be nice if it was a nice, neutral stage so I can hear all that glorious music in mah tourneys.

However, I'm not counting my chickens. If I had to guess though, I'm thinking its like Castle Siege, because otherwise it seems like it'd be awfully awkward to fight on if the pic with the spike ball was on the same stage.

andimidna

Smash Master
For some reason, I just can't see it being a giant stage with multiple floors always there like Temple.

I think it will be like Castle Seige, and will travel through multiple floors, more than just these 2. Which is actually what I wanted to happen for a Hyrule Castle stage...

My favorite stage right now is Gateway Galaxy, but Palutena's stage hasn't been fully unveiled yet, so it may have a surprise that will make it very fun! Anything KI is welcome in Smash Bros (except Magnus and Eggplant Wizard as more than Assists, no thanks) and I think it will end up being one of my favorites after I see it all. And I can't wait to do some Palutena vs Palutena battles on that stage! (I generally fight against the same character to find better tactics, and to see which moves are more affecting against who I'm playing as by who I'm playing as)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time! Please be Palutena time!

^That goes on and on in my head.
:sheep:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think she is the most likely choice to be revealed now. (As I just said in the Rate Their Chances Thread)

I expect a lot of attention on this thread 30 minutes before the direct.
And even more attention after she's confirmed. ;)

andimidna

Smash Master
And..... if she is your most wanted reveal or you think she has the best chance... it wouldn't hurt to go check out the Rate Their Chances Thread and vote for her :)
I gave her #1 chance and #2 want :)

Top Bottom