• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
On Wednesday, we shall see if we get the divine light to lead us from Overworld to Skyworld, fellow armymen.

In anycase.

This could be it guys.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
People are confusing Tuesday/Wedensday because the original annocement was based on Japanese timeframe which puts it onto the next day based on the time. It's Still Tuesday for us in the west.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ouch. I'm literally the exact opposite of you (4 pm). You staying up, I take it?
Yeah, I'm staying up. Luckily we have a holidays from 8th to 11th, so I can stay up late without having to risk cutting classes.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Directs 8am for me i just wake up like 30 mins earlier then normal that day :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
3pm pacific time for me. If my sleep habit doesn't mess me up, I'll be watching. Thankfully I have an alarm clock, so It'll be set, no problem, especially when there's a great chance for our Palutena, and if it's indeed her, I'm prepared for the overload of epicness and fanart soon to come, a few of which I'll be requesting. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, Palutena is the reveal that I am most anticipating. Given the leak, this may be the right time to reveal her. In a Smash Direct, using a character that Sora Ltd. is comfortable with is logical in my opinion. There isn't anything overt that would directly contradict her reveal, so it is as good of a guess as any.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And don't forget the slight growth of KI-related stuff being shown recently (excluding February having nothing). What I'm thinking is that if April 1st's picture was indeed the interior of Palutena's Temple, what if footage from there occurs, and Palutena appears? That'd be potentially a great spot for her reveal if not the outside, which all the shining light?

I mean similarity happened when we gotten Rosalina, although we were shown a new stage instead, but you never know.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm tempering my excitement a bit, just because I don't want to overestimate what we'll be shown.

Palutena definitely has the odds WAY in her favor to be shown, just hoping they don't shove Miis in our goddess-loving faces first.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Miis would be one of the worst things ever if you ask me.
I just hope we don't have to wait long, otherwise we'd have to wait til E3 as an alternative, and personally I'm tired of waiting. She wasn't around during the original KI anniversary or KIU 2-year anniversary (then again, no direct), but now this seems more promising.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey, Palutena fans.

Personally speaking, I feel that Palutena is the most likeliest to be revealed as far as newcomers go. The others of the likeliest options in my opinion are a FE13 character and Takamaru. I feel no-one else stands as good a chance as them.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
This should be exciting~! I just hope that it isn't someone we're not expecting like what happened with Mac... I want my goddess, dagnabbit! >: c

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't like Mac at all, so maybe since this is a worldwide one, it'll be someone actually important, and Palutena, who's very popular in the US and even more popular in Japan, would be the perfect choice. I say do it after the recent KI pics we had.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Well, I felt Mac was a bland choice, but that's just me. I am pretty sure the last one was worldwide too and I would think Palutena and Mac are not as distant in their importance than you make it seem...I am sure they will reveal which ever newcomer they felt was appropriate and finished in time to be showcased.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just worry too much. We already have been waiting long enough, and now if she doesn't make it this time, that means even more waiting.
I mean it's not that I don't like Mac, it's just the time of waiting. Now a FE character would indeed create chaos, and you know how dangerous those kinda debates are. I'll be steamed up if for some reason... nvm, I'm not gonna mention him this time.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd love to see Ike and Palutena. I need to be sure Ike is back damn it!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
They might as well show Yoshi since this is supposedly the Year of Yoshi. I watched gameplay of the new game, and I felt disappointed, but don't let my opinion change yours.

But definitely has to be Palutena. The hype for her is strong, Sakurai, and with all the recent KI stuff, don't let it end there!
I'm only saying I'm gonna be mad bout it being a FE newcomer is because I don't think I've seen much that could lead up to it. That's also why I feel Palutena's perfect for this direct.

But character reveals aside, I want to see more Final Smashes. While we're 2 potd away from the inevitable which the 2nd one will most likely be related to the direct like Peach's Rainbow pic, it'll be all or nothing to me... til E3 of course when hopefully we get demos.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Imagine palutenas reveal trailer.

Newcomer Palutena.

"Leave the fighting to a goddess pit!"

A dark beam comes out and hits Palutena

"A fight it shall be!" Says a distant shadow

The shadow moves closer and it turn out to be..

Newcomer Medusa!

And then they have an epic goddess fight while the smash cast is just spectating. :)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Palutena has one of the better chances, but there is always a chance we get 2 newcomers.

I'd also like to see Ike and Snake, but Palutena is definitely a newcomer I would bet on.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you think Palutena's trailer will have a misleading intro, like Rosalina or Villager's?

Palutena and Sakurai are well known :troll:s, after all.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, most likely we'll know it's her if we see Pit early or an inch of Skyworld, but how amazing it will be is the question.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Maybe Pit gets a Smash Ball. Palutena appears and "Palutena descends!" shows up on screen, following the two of them beating each other up.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm kinda neutral when it comes to most characters (Little Mac is really the only newcomer I care about) but Palutena is definitely on the higher end of the scale for me. Hope you guys get what you've been wanting.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
The consensus seems to be that Palutena is the one to beat for Tuesday! I hope we can finally see our peppy, sassy and amazing goddess in her deserved HD-glory!!!!

Top Bottom