• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I should have added Falkoopa eons ago, hrhm.

In anycase, things keep getting to look higher for KI getting a new rep. I pray we don't get trolled by folks like Hades or Magnus getting playable instead (which I'd find bit selfish insert from Sakurai)

Can't wait to see the rest of the stage though.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Nah it's Palutena or no one. Then again I said the same thing about Toad and we got Rosalina.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nah it's Palutena or no one. Then again I said the same thing about Toad and we got Rosalina.
While that's true, I can say that Rosalina's had a more major role in a Mario game than Toads have ever had in terms of the story. However, Palutena was absolutely without a doubt the second and only other true main character in Uprising. So I'm willing to bet you're spot on with this one.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
^Sakurai mentioned Viridi is his favorite Uprising character, so.
Sakurai has good taste then. <3

Anyway, even though I'm a follower of Mistress Viridi, you should know that Palutena has my full support.

Please add me to the list. :3

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
I would love to see Palutena in Smash Bros and I think she is pretty much in, since Kid Icarus: Uprising is Sakurai's game and she has a big fanbase.

But I want to have a Medusa skin with her cool voice and dark magic effects instead of light magic. I think it would not be hard to do, considering they both have a similar appearance. The only problem I see is Medusa's snake hair which should move different than Palutena's hair.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
While that's true, I can say that Rosalina's had a more major role in a Mario game than Toads have ever had in terms of the story. However, Palutena was absolutely without a doubt the second and only other true main character in Uprising. So I'm willing to bet you're spot on with this one.
that's not hard, when Mario Galxy is the only game with a story worth mentioning (Galaxy 2 killed all aspects of a story). I still hop for Toad, as he is the last iconic member of the main Mario family (Mario Luigi Peach Toad Bowser Yoshi DK Wario) missing.

Anyway, back to Palutena: With so much emphasis on kid Icarus lately I am convinced the next character revelead is ANYONE who did not appear in Kid icarus at all. probably Captain Rainbow or something.

But I want to have a Medusa skin with her cool voice and dark magic effects instead of light magic. I think it would not be hard to do, considering they both have a similar appearance. The only problem I see is Medusa's snake hair which should move different than Palutena's hair.
I am against that: I want Medusa playable. I want the Kid icarus Triforce: Pit, Palutena and Medusa.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd really like to see Palutena revealed soon, not only to "confirm" the leak and end speculation, but also to see the reactions of people. Surely every newcomer reveal is big and great, but I feel like the leak has sort of affected the minds of many, and her reveal won't probably be a surprise nor create as much hype as one might think - since people are in the mindset that "she's in" already. But we'll see, I think April works for _any_ newcomer really, so Palutena has a shot as well.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We got a new KI item, featuring the Ore Club!

1: New item indeed.
2: On the Palutena's Temple stage. It seems the stage will definitely be watched by the statue.
3: Although I wish it was Sonic getting hurt (You'll get revenge Pit, don't worry), Pit now has a new facial expression via clenched teeth.

But will the uprising potential surge of KI goodness means a potential Palutena reveal is getting close?
Notice how Sonic's head is subtly covering the Palutena statue's face. Nice try Sakurai, but nobody has forgotten your taunt from before. :troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With the weapon being in the KI universe on the KI stage, Palutena's gotten Ike beat 2 to 1. :p

Err, but really, she should be revealed sometime soon. Japan already has her to be extremely popular, and is also popular here, though I wonder what the haters would think.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I keep hearing talk of KI having two new items in SSB4. Obviously the Ore Club is one, but what was the other?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was the X Bomb.
Oh, yeah, I think that was it. I forgot about that, obviously. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that was shown on August 16, which actually happened to be my Bday, and what an X-ceptional present that was. *smacks self* Okay, no more of those puns. >_<

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
do you know this feeling?
you can't wait that somebody's revealed. but then again, you dont want anyone new, because
"I hope /insert name/ makes it in"
then
"Oooh, /name/ made it in, i was right!...so, what now?"

I have this feeling with Palutena, cus now I'm like "Go in!!!" then i'll be like "NOOO, my life has no meaning anymore! I dont know what to do! waiting till the game is out is booring"
Me and my issues XD
I really do hope she's shown in the next direct. that'll totally make my vacation!
Btw. when is it?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I say she should be revealed so the wait for her arrival is over. At the same time, we get to watch her epic trailer over and over again, not to mention some Palutena avies, and definitely some Palutena (and Pit) fanart all over the place, from dA to Pixiv. That also means I get to request more amazing art as well. Who knows? *insert shipping page here* :laugh: Don't worry, I'll request some Bad-A ones too.

We still don't know when, but I hope it's soon. Ppl have been going around saying that the next character revealed may break a lot of leaks roaming around here if it's the right one.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Two Kid Icarus items.
A stage on both versions.
A Phosphora trophy.
THE LEAK.

Well I would say Palutena is confirmed at this point.
I would imagine that there will be tons of KI content in Smash 4, since it was the last game Sakurai worked on before Smash.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm thinking we might see her either this Friday or Monday, the release date for Kid Icarus Uprising in Australia was March 29th, the others were here and done.

Friday is the 28th, which is a day before the Australian release date, and Monday is the last day of March and post 29th Australian release date meaning he could post a derp, which I'm getting tried of, then post her on Monday.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Okay I
Two Kid Icarus items.
A stage on both versions.
A Phosphora trophy.
THE LEAK.

Well I would say Palutena is confirmed at this point.
I would imagine that there will be tons of KI content in Smash 4, since it was the last game Sakurai worked on before Smash.
Okay I know you like Palutena but that leak was fakedity fakey fake and does not give her points.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Explain to me how the leak was fake.
Just curious to see the evidence that you try to support your claim with.
Were talking about those two Palutena pictures with Mario now right?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm thinking we might see her either this Friday or Monday, the release date for Kid Icarus Uprising in Australia was March 29th, the others were here and done.

Friday is the 28th, which is a day before the Australian release date, and Monday is the last day of March and post 29th Australian release date meaning he could post a derp, which I'm getting tried of, then post her on Monday.
That would be so magical if it was. We just need a confirmation on when a Direct happens.

Explain to me how the leak was fake.
Just curious to see the evidence that you try to support your claim with.
Honestly, that's probably the only leak I know that hasn't been debunked so quickly. In fact, it still hasn't been proven fake yet. Palutena's just that good.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Were talking about those two Palutena pictures with Mario now right?
Yes.
Mario's pose has never been seen before, Palutena's model is completely original, Sakurai teased about the leak after it surfaced, and the clipping and details are a little complicated for a fake.
Would you like to rebut?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yes.
Mario's pose has never been seen before, Palutena's model is completely original, Sakurai teased about the leak after it surfaced, and the clipping and details are a little complicated for a fake.
Would you like to rebut?
Yes I was just making sure something hasn't gone over my head.

It does look pretty real, yeah but there's some pretty dedicated people who would go all-out to fool on-lookers.
You also can'r say for sure Sakurai teased about it, the possibility that it was a coincidence is certainly not out of the question.

I'm really not the best when it comes to debating, but the what I'm thinking is, while Palutena certainly has a VERY high chance, I just don't believe that leak is real.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Anyone who thinks Palutena is anything less than likely at this point is insane.
I would have said that Palutena was a less than likely character before Smash 4 was announced. Now, however, a multitude of things are pointing in her favor. I find her quite likely at this point.

On that note, it occurred to me that I never asked to be on the supporters list. While not one of my most wanted characters, I'd still very much like to see Palutena playable in the next Smash. I think she has a lot of potential to be a fun, unique character, and could possibly bring a bit of witty humor into the game. So, if it would be alright, I'd like to be added to the supporters list.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would have said that Palutena was a less than likely character before Smash 4 was announced. Now, however, a multitude of things are pointing in her favor. I find her quite likely at this point.

On that note, it occurred to me that I never asked to be on the supporters list. While not one of my most wanted characters, I'd still very much like to see Palutena playable in the next Smash. I think she has a lot of potential to be a fun, unique character, and could possibly bring a bit of witty humor into the game. So, if it would be alright, I'd like to be added to the supporters list.
Oh, she had a good chance, but she wasn't 51%+ until all this stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
About the leak, I'm currently leaning towards real, but I don't think it should be considered when thinking about her chances.

If it is real, it only serves as her confirmation. In other words, the leak exists because she was a playable character. If it is fake, it doesn't have any noticeable effect on her chances. So, imo the leak shouldn't be taken into account.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well it doesn't really matter at this point, we can determine whether it's real or not when she's revealed and we get her one 3DS pic of her probably posing at the exact same spot she did in the 2nd leak image.
#TeamReal

loganhogan

Smash Ace
March is almost gone and no Palutena reveal? :(
What if he's saving her until the very end? I guess that's better than nothing though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
March is almost gone and no Palutena reveal? :(
What if he's saving her until the very end? I guess that's better than nothing though.
There wouldn't have been a reveal without a Nintendo Direct.

She has her chance in April. We're just going to have to wait and see for this one. In my opinion, it's between her and Chrom for next month's reveal. I'm personally hoping we get Palutena, but for some reason I feel like Chrom is more likely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes I was just making sure something hasn't gone over my head.

It does look pretty real, yeah but there's some pretty dedicated people who would go all-out to fool on-lookers.
You also can'r say for sure Sakurai teased about it, the possibility that it was a coincidence is certainly not out of the question.

I'm really not the best when it comes to debating, but the what I'm thinking is, while Palutena certainly has a VERY high chance, I just don't believe that leak is real.
Look, I got real tired of leak discussion after a while, but when the angle we hadn't even seen yet from that exact Palutena image showed up in one of Mac's 3DS images, that pretty much tore it for me.

Not to mention that some of the best and most skeptical debunkers of Smashboards who tear down leaks left and right when they pop up, have said they can't find anything and think it's real, I'm inclined not to care anymore and just wait for her reveal. (She's one of my most wanted newcomers, but I'm very objective when I need to be.)

Still, so much hype. Now if only it would happen with Takamaru and Shulk...

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Palutena will be for sure revealed before Ridley and Mewtwo so hopefully she is revealed in April. We could use a big reveal. This month felt empty.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You have the point. I rather just wait for the reveal, but these lesser leaks that ppl are pulling outta their rears also annoy me, like those generic Photoshopped ones.

While there's no char reveal yet this month, at least we got the new KI item on the Palutena's Temple, that Phosphora trophy, and more Pit pics. That's more KI stuff than we've gotten February (which had not one KI pic) for sure.

Also, part of me worries bout April Fool's since it's a Tuesday.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
On April Fool's Sakurai will reveal playable Pyron that has a down b transformation into Palutena. And the real April Fool's joke will be that we think he's kidding.

Post edited for thread relevance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom