• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I see this happening with Kid Icarus characters.

Playable: Pit, Palutena
Assist Trophy: Phosphora, she can still possibly be the Assist Trophy.
Stage Cameo: Viridi
Pit Color Swap: Dark Pit
Palutena Color Swap: Medusa
Trophies: Pit, Palutena, Phosphora, Medusa, Hades, Pandora, Viridi, Dark Pit, Fighter, and maybe a weapon or two.
Sticker: there is no stickers.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

The fact that Palutena actually got in Brawl alone makes her far more likely than any other KI candidate IMO.
She was like the 7th Nintendo character you met in the game.
You met her before major playable characters like Link, Samus, Pikachu, Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Marth, Dedede, Red, Ness, Ganondorf, Yoshi, etc.
I bet a lot of people didn't finish the Subspace Emissary, but who didn't make it this far? This was only the 2nd level!
Due to her being in every KI game, a prominent appearance in the most recent game, and being known by SSB fans who played Brawl, I find Palutena to be the most likely newcomer out of anybody in any series. (That is, counting Mewtwo as a veteran and not counting Little Mac due to his confirmation)
Nobody else has a long-lasting leak. She is the only one. (Not talking about BS text leaks that get deconfirmed every other day)
And not only is she likely, but she has enough popularity and requests that could get her in without all of this.
She also has the recency (like Villager, WFT, Rosaluma, and Little Mac) and uniqueness (like Mega Man, Villager, Rosaluma, and Little Mac).
She wins in every category. She even adds an iconic female. Which there are really only 2 left.
You may think she's likely due to uniqueness potential, you may think she's likely due to fan popularity and large amounts of requests, you may think she's likely because of multiple appearances in her series and recency due to a prominent appearance in Uprising, you may think she's likely because her name is in the series' title in Japan, you may think she's likely because she was in Brawl, as a Final Smash and a part of the Story Mode, you may think she's likely due to Sakurai's deep involvement with her character and the series in general, you may think she's likely due to statements made about female additions by Sakurai himself, you may think she's likely because you believe the leak is true, you may think she's likely because you think Kid Icarus deserves 2 characters, or you may just think she's likely because everybody else does.
But I think it's all of the above!!! :3

Is there a single character you can make such a strong argument for other than the green-haired, lovely Goddess of Light?
I don't think so.

I see this happening with Kid Icarus characters.

Playable: Pit, Palutena
Assist Trophy: Phosphora, she can still possibly be the Assist Trophy.
Stage Cameo: Viridi
Pit Color Swap: Dark Pit
Palutena Color Swap: Medusa
Trophies: Pit, Palutena, Phosphora, Medusa, Hades, Pandora, Viridi, Dark Pit, Fighter, and maybe a weapon or two.
Sticker: there is no stickers.
So you don't think there will be any bosses from Kid Icarus? That could happen. I just hope we get either Hades or Medusa as a boss, I could definitely see one of the 2 happening... I see it in my head Pit and Palutena fighting a giant Medusa in Smash Bros Boss Battle Co-op mode... yes...

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
While it may be rather prematurely ill-considered to suggest this, nonetheless I must: as long as we continuously receive a prodigious amount of Kid Icarus: Uprising content as we have thus far, the potentiality of Palutena's divine presence as a playable character may, in fact, be sooner grounded in reality rather than floating within imagination (oh my, juxtaposition).

Palutena's considerable popularity is almost entirely attributable to this particular game, in which we have obtained more informational knowledge about its constituents than even more heavily-established series such as Star Fox and Kirby. We have been endowed with items, stages, trophies, and the like, several representational factors that may very well contribute to Palutena's playability. It would be comically bizarre for Uprising to receive this amount of content without an appropriate addition of a series newcomer, and given the circumstances involved (among others, such as the Delphian-like leak), Palutena stands above all in anticipated likelihood.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't understand how the leak could be fake. Photoshop isn't magic, and when people hack Brawl, it usually ends up looking like:

However, because of Mario's fists and the clouds, I am skeptical... but I'm still hopeful that it's real for many more reasons.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't understand how the leak could be fake. Photoshop isn't magic, and when people hack Brawl, it usually ends up looking like:

However, because of Mario's fists and the clouds, I am skeptical... but I'm still hopeful that it's real for many more reasons.
That Zelda one is pretty cool!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I the only one who thinks today's pic is only the teaser for a more significant Uprising celebration?

If a Nintendo Direct is announced next week, it's between Snake, Palutena, and Reggie for Smash reveals.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Well to be fair to the detractors, it's more the fact if you put enough effort into soemthing, you could liternally make a fake of anything and have it look real. Now the question is more would someone really devote the amount of time needed to successfully perform a complicated recreation. The leak was definitely not something that could just be slapped together in photoshop but it's still physically possible.

Though this is probably a bit of projection on my part, but I don't see anyone putting that much effort in for the sake of the lulz. Which is why I generally sit about Center-Real on it. As I'm generally not willing to say beyond a shadow of a doubt.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If some cocky fan wanted to cause a ****storm over a leak for a potential newcomer, they wouldn't pick Palutena. They'd pick Ridley or someone like that.

This, combined with the fact that there are no imperfections in the leak whatsoever, and it seems like a new model (that actually looks strikingly similar to the Palutena statue on that Wii U stage), make me firmly side with Team Real, and even if it was fake, I still wouldn't discount Palutena as a likely newcomer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
*raises hand*

But on a more serious tone, I actually got scared when I saw the PotD. Not scared for Palutena, mind you, but scared for Smashboards. How scared did you guys get, knowing that could have very well been Paletuna's demise?

I didn't even correlate a trophy of one character from a character driven game as any indicator of Palutena's exclusion, at least not any more than literally any other PotD.

Not trying to be rude here, but I'm really not sure what you mean, hahaha.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't even correlate a trophy of one character from a character driven game as any indicator of Palutena's exclusion, at least not any more than literally any other PotD.
I think what he meant is, did anyone fear, even for a second, that Phosphora was a character, and that she'd be the second KI rep, and not Palutena?

If I'm interpreting his post right, that is.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Not trying to be rude here, but I'm really not sure what you mean, hahaha.
I mean, on Miiverse, all he showed at first was a picture of her face, and I immediately got scared for our dear message board. Fortunately, Palutena lives another day, so y'all still have a chance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, on Miiverse, all he showed at first was a picture of her face, and I immediately got scared for our dear message board. Fortunately, Palutena lives another day, so y'all still have a chance.

I'm still not really following ya. Are you saying Phosphora and Palutena look the same, or that you thought Phosphora was a playable character instead?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Why would you think Phosphora was playable? Newcomers are getting released with fanfare and videos. When it comes to newcomers, the most a PotD will do is increase hype through a stage or comment.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why would you think Phosphora was playable? Newcomers are getting released with fanfare and videos. When it comes to newcomers, the most a PotD will do is increase hype through a stage or comment.
Precisely. That, and the render looked exactly like a trophy, and would have been a terrible way to introduce a new character.

That, and I honestly don't see why literally anyone would expect playable Phosphora over Palutena, even People who, like the above seem to dislike her greatly.

That's fine, but it just doesn't make any amount of sense to think that for even a second.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, the creator of Phosphora's thread is really the only one that supporter her here.
I'm actually the one that bumped the thread after over a year of no posts, and nobody else showed up until she was deconfirmed.
The thread maker hasn't been on this site for half a year.
I think I'm basically the closest thing to a Phosphora supporter currently on this website yet I love Palutena, Medusa, and Viridi much more.
I'd prefer Pandora and Hades over Phosphora too.
She had no chance.
We aren't getting five KI characters.
She wouldn't get in over Pit, Palutena, or Medusa, that's for sure. But I guess she could have gotten in over Viridi, Pandora, and Hades.
Not sure why she would.

My mind immediately jumped to "Phosphora's an assist! Yes!"
And I was a little disappointed when she was just a trophy, but the model looks so great I honestly don't care.
I don't expect her to achieve an assist. Just like, even though I like Pandora, I definitely doubt she'll get an assist.

I've seen 3 Phosphora requests and 3 Pandora requests in the past 2 years. Maybe like 17 for Viridi. And a countless number of requests for Palutena, Medusa, Magnus, and Hades. So, no.
I have never expected her to be playable.

Despite not having a video, I did think Ashley and Skull Kid were playable when I first saw their pictures though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Considering Sakurai made Uprising, he would literally just put his favourite character in to accompany Pit, I think. It's just clear that it's not Phosphora, now.

I think he would like Palutena the most, though...if how he's been treating Rosalina is anything to go by. Palutena seemed like the person directing what she did really poured a lot of love into her character, and Sakurai has been pouring a lot of love into Rosalina since her reveal, which makes me think his personal liking towards Rosalina might have had something to do with her inclusion, even.

So yeah, as long as Sakurai has the hots for Palutena, I think she's confirmed! And I also think it's confirmed that we will get a Palutena version of Wednesday's Rosalina pic too! :V

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai clearly really loves Palutena. Look at her role in Uprising, look how much was put into that character.

That, and she was featured far more prominently than she probably would've been in Brawl if he didnt cars about the character.

I'm definitely not worried about that.

In fact, I'm pretty sure if she's playable she's going to be featured MORE prominently than Rosalina.

It's one of the reasons I'm so sure of her inclusion. I can't see any reason Sakurai would make the dueteragonist of HIS game, who's incredibly popular and he obviously cares about as important in the scheme of things as WALUIGI.

Who he obviously DOESN'T care about.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai clearly really loves Palutena. Look at her role in Uprising, look how much was put into that character.

That, and she was featured far more prominently than she probably would've been in Brawl if he didnt cars about the character.

In fact, I'm pretty sure if she's playable she's going to be featured MORE prominently than Rosalina.

It's one of the reasons I'm so sure of her inclusion. I can't see any reason Sakurai would make the dueteragonist of HIS game, who's incredibly popular and he obviously cares about as important in the scheme of things as WALUIGI.

Who he obviously DOESN'T care about
Seriously? The ****, man?

andimidna

Smash Master
^Sakurai mentioned Viridi is his favorite Uprising character, so.
Well unlike Viridi and multiple other characters, Palutena isn't an Uprising character, she's a Kid Icarus character, a character in every Kid Icarus game. Just like Pit (and Eggplant Wizard too, I think)
I wouldn't call Pit, Palutena, or Medusa Uprising characters.
However, I would call Viridi, Phosphora, Pandora, Magnus, and Hades Uprising characters.
So if that's the case, I agree with Sakurai. Viridi is my favorite Uprising character.

Who he obviously DOESN'T care about.
I was actually just thinking that earlier!
Do people really think Palutena deserves to be as low as:
-Lakitu
-Hammer Bro
(not going to say Waluigi, Golden is here :p)
-Devil
-Shadow the Hedgedoge (lulz)
-Grey Fox
-Knuckle Joe
-Jill (I like her too, but she's so obscure)
-Phantom Zelda
-Mr. Ressetti

I mean, seriously? Do they deserve equal treatment with Palutena?
And I consider Assist Trophy status = to Pokeball... so don't even get me started on some of the Pokemon that would be set equal to her...

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Seriously? The ****, man?
Look, I didn't mean that as a strike against his fans, and I'm definitely sorry it sounded that way. (I really am, my bad :( ) but it definitely seems like Waluigi was one of those characters Sakurai thought was destined for an AT for this game, and he seemed nonchalant about his exclusion, despite his status as a wanted character here and in Japan.

Perhaps I should've used someone else as an example of an AT character, but no matter what I'd said it would've offended someone's character preferences, so I dunno, I sort of just picked the first one that cane to mind.

Regardless of what character, I don't expect Palutena to be viewed the same as any AT.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait...Sakurai tweets fan art, and photos from events and stuff?

...I may have to join Twitter...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well although it's 2 hours early for me, I will say Happy 2-year anniversary for KIU!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Don't know if this was noticed, but sakurai twitter:

『新パルテナ』2周年のお祝いメッセージを送ってくださったかた、ありがとうございます。気が付かなかった……。
その後を振り返ると、『スマブラ3DS/WiiU』の開発は結構急ピッチですね。

Translated using google translate:
"The person who was sending me a message celebration "New Parutena" of the second anniversary, thank you. ...... You did not notice. Looking back then, the development of "Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU" It is a fast pace fine."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's in the rumors thread, it's just someone saying congratulations on the two year anniversary of Kid Icarus Uprising. (the series is called Palutena's Mirrior, hence her name)

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
Can you add me too? I wanna help reach the 100!
I specifically logged in because of this tread (crazy me...^^ )

//At least now i had a reason...//

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Can you add me too? I wanna help reach the 100!
I specifically logged in because of this tread (crazy me...^^ )

//At least now i had a reason...//
And with an avy of Palutena kissing Pit, of course! (if you have the original size of that pic, I'd love to have it. :p )

Oh, and yesterday was the 2-year KIU anniversary, BUT it's now the 2-year KIU anniversary for North America, so happy 2-year KIU anniversary again! <3

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had an idea for how a trailer would pan out.

It starts by making it look like a trailer for Kid Icarus WiiU, Pit responds to intruders in Skyworld. To his confusion, it's Peach, Zelda and Rosalina

Palutena: Oh, I forgot! It's girl's night!
Pit: Wha-?

Then Palutena warps in and BAM! "Palutena descends to the battle."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

It starts by making it look like a trailer for Kid Icarus WiiU, Pit responds to intruders in Skyworld. To his confusion, it's Peach, Zelda and Rosalina

It'd be adorable, though I'm sticking with Pit fighting a newcomer or something, then she appears.

@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit
why, i'm flattered that you like mi pic ^^ it was done with hard work and determination (and my camera...) :joyful:

happy anniversary to you too!
Oh, you're an artist. We could use more of those here for Palutena. ^^; (imagines Bosom hug for Pit... yea it was coming)
Oh, and um... *drinks a Drink of the Gods, then speaks in Pit's voice* "Thanks!" :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Then, instead of fighting, the four girls have a round of drinks. By the next morning, Palutena, Peach, and Zelda end up beating the crap out of each other over a silly disagreement. Meanwhile, Rosalina is passed out in Smashville.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
for some reason i always though of palutenas trailer as shes watching pit fight he gets knocked out so she comes in and beats that person herself.

Top Bottom