• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I could see it being Palutena, Chrom, Lucina, Takamaru, or Dixie Kong.
Of the 5, I think Palutena is the most likely.
She's a mixture of the last 2 reveals.
Goddess+Green :p
And she's the most epic one of em all. Who wouldn't want to play as a cool and funny Green-haired Goddess with amazing abilities?
*gives a hug*

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Either way, it's frickin' perfect and I'm really pleased with every single one of those. So beautiful!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The facial similarities to the Palutena leak are uncanny.
palutena confirmed
#teamreal

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm really looking forward to seeing Palutena playable, Pit needs a better final smash, in Brawl his final smash was like,

Pit: Palutena, help me, fight my battle for me!

Palutena: Don't worry Pit, I'll save you by having these idiots who are supposed to be weaker than you fight as the final smash.

Yeah, kind of lame, just give Pit a different final smash and make Palutena playable.

I am dreading her being a Assist Trophy though, I'd rather see a different KI character be the Assist Trophy then have Palutena playable, she has to appear in this game somehow and Assist Trophy or collectable trophy is not enough to include Palutena.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Palutena doesn't deserve anything less than playable, and even if it was debatable, I can't imagine Sakurai *choosing* anything less and I really hope I won't eat my words.

Phospohora herself would make a really legit assist trophy, though, but I can definitely see Magnus or Pyrrhon or something else ridiculous as well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't think we need to worry about her being an assist trophy. Going from a final smash to an assist trophy seems like a major demotion.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Eggplant Wizard would be the single best Assisst trophy because of his unique ability. Phosphora would just do generic lightning attacks, Phyrron just generic fire attacks, Hades just generic dark matter attacks. Palutena (shudder) just generic light based attacks. The Eggplant Wizard really would manipulate the characters in a unique way, hindering them at attacking, but it is balanced out by them having still free roaming abilities.

TeamFlareZakk

Palutena doesn't deserve anything less than playable, and even if it was debatable, I can't imagine Sakurai *choosing* anything less and I really hope I won't eat my words.

Phospohora herself would make a really legit assist trophy, though, but I can definitely see Magnus or Pyrrhon or something else ridiculous as well.
I totally agree.

Eggplant Wizard would be the single best Assisst trophy because of his unique ability. Phosphora would just do generic lightning attacks, Phyrron just generic fire attacks, Hades just generic dark matter attacks. Palutena (shudder) just generic light based attacks. The Eggplant Wizard really would manipulate the characters in a unique way, hindering them at attacking, but it is balanced out by them having still free roaming abilities.
I'd like know why these attacks are so generic, way to cut down all the elements.

Generic fire you say?

Eat Pyroclasm!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
After nearly 2 months of no KI pics, we finally get one shocking amazing one. I approve of Phosphora trophy in HD. <3 <3
Now we just hope we get to see morestuff that lead up to Palutena. Even more Pit pics or pics of the Palutena Temple would be satisfying enough.

TeamFlareZakk

After nearly 2 months of no KI pics, we finally get one shocking amazing one. I approve of Phosphora trophy in HD. <3 <3
Now we just hope we get to see morestuff that lead up to Palutena. Even more Pit pics or pics of the Palutena Temple would be satisfying enough.
I'd like to see Pit's updated Dark Pit color scheme, that's something they could show.

Palutena Temple could be the Wii U stage, I said it before and I'll say it again, keep things equal, we have the Viridi stage on 3ds, so the Palutena Temple stage should be the Wii U stage, like a upgrade from Brawl.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd like to see Pit's updated Dark Pit color scheme, that's something they could show.

Palutena Temple could be the Wii U stage, I said it before and I'll say it again, keep things equal, we have the Viridi stage on 3ds, so the Palutena Temple stage should be the Wii U stage, like a upgrade from Brawl.
Tbh, I've been trying to hide away from Dark Pit for a while. I don't know. >_<

It is the Wii U stage for sure. Now we just need some Palutena.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
While I'm not fond of Brawl's Skyworld stage at all, I do somewhat wish that they ported it over from Brawl as a classic stage, and instead made the Wii U KI stage the Underworld instead.

The KI series as always revolved around the three 'worlds' (Underworld, Overworld, Skyworld) and having a stage based on each of them (Viridi's stage takes place in the Overworld obviously) would of been a nice way to represent Kid Icarus.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
And she's the most epic one of em all. Who wouldn't want to play as a cool and funny Green-haired Goddess with amazing abilities?
*gives a hug*
*raises hand*

But on a more serious tone, I actually got scared when I saw the PotD. Not scared for Palutena, mind you, but scared for Smashboards. How scared did you guys get, knowing that could have very well been Paletuna's demise?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wasn't afraid since I'm sure Palutena would appear later, being the detailed character that she is. I was more afraid that we wouldn't get a KI related pic today for the 2-year KIU anniversary. D:

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Aw, I'm not on the supporters list. Also lolno, I wasn't scared at all. No way would Phosphora be playable (even though I like her).

TeamFlareZakk

I'll be using this Phosphora avatar for the weekend btw, however by time Monday rolls around, I might change it back to Agatio, it also depends if say perhaps there is a good character reveal.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Phosphora is good, by all means keep her for a bit, for the glory of the 2-year Uprising anniversary!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
You know how people say we should have Simon Belmont along with Megaman and Pit to have a Captain N cartoon reunion?

Well, http://www.backofthecerealbox.com/2014/02/palutena-kid-icarus-princess-lana-captain-n.html After reading this, I think it's more likely to have a Captain N comic reunion. :smirk:

That's Princess Lana, possibly inspired by Palutena but still a separate character & doesn't really count as part of a Captain N reunion.

Totally want Captain N himself playable though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This is all leading to a Palutena reveal. :O
I can't help but think the same thing. After no characters for the last few weeks (which is unusual in of itself), and the obvious nod to KI:U with Phosphora just before its anniversary, everything is adding up. If a Direct is announced next week, all bets are off. :drflip:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
i can see a direct happening next week for some reason and i can Palutena as the most likely revealed but we are talking Nintendo there not the easiest to predict with this stuff.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Knowing that there weren't going to be any Directs this month it's cool to at least see the cute Phosphora in glorious HD.
Happy 2nd anniversary, Uprising. I'll play you later this day in celebration.

andimidna

Smash Master
Viridi and Phosphora deconfirmed.
This is what I see happening with KI characters:

Playable: Pit, Palutena
Assist Trophy: Eggplant Wizard, Magnus
Boss: Hades, Medusa
Stage Hazard: Viridi
Color Swap: Dark Pit
Trophy: Phosphora, Pandora, Phyrron, Orco, Uranos, Thanatos, Poseidon, Arion, Cenurion, Gaol +all mentioned above
Sticker: Zeus, Don, EelEye + all mentioned above

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get more Uprising trophies on the Wii U (and less on the 3DS). We practically already have all kind of trophies about everything from Kid Icarus in Uprising itself.

Top Bottom