• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I...how is any of that in ANY way believable? Oh man. I mean the guy didnt even say he personally SAW Palutena as an AT. This is one of the most obviously fake things I've ever read.

It sounds like someone who was 14 took ideas off of here (Villager/Megaman FS thoughts, and obvious functions of Skull Kid.) and tries to piece them together with obvious ideas.

I mean, it sounds like this was literally just posted to "counter" the Palutena leak. We got absolutely no information EXCEPT the Palutena thing, and what sort of person expects people to believe they and their brother got invited to this top secret "Smash demo event" by "Nintendo" reps?

And apparently there were other people there. Good lord what a mess. I'm pretty sure the Goddess of Light is safe from this one...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh, if you go to miiverse you get the treasure trove Palutena misspells:

Paletuna
Paeltuna
Palutina
Plautena
Palautena
Pulltena
Paultine
Paultena
Platulena
Palutean
Paleutane

There's probably more that I've forgotten by now.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Paletuna
Paeltuna
Palutina
Plautena
Palautena
Pulltena
Paultine
Paultena
Platulena
Palutean
Paleutane

And people wonder why I hate miiverse.

Also, if you look at the Sakurai family tree, it would point to a playable Kid Icarus character. Kirby is Sakurai's child whom got 3 characters in brawl. Kid Icarus is his step-child, he probably feels enough love to give it a second rep.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Palutena has to be one of the most misspelled names that I have seen even though it is rather quite simple in my opinion. I think the worst I saw was ""Paulentina" on GameFAQs.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Those terrible ppl don't respect Lady Palutena. Then again, miiverse misspells a lot of things and is filled with stupidity.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Anything specific coming out Pit related these coming days, weeks or months? I would really like to see Palutena in this game as well. :)
Well, next month is the anniversary of KI:U, but that's really it unless they announce a new KI game. I do figure that Palutena will be announced in a random direct (April Direct, please....)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm still not sure if i believe those supposedly leaked Palutena images - they are surprisingly accurate, but i don't know. What do you guys think?
By the way, Finally supporting Palutena

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As long as she's a playable character, that's all I need. And welcome to the light!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Paletuna
Paeltuna
Palutina
Plautena
Palautena
Pulltena
Paultine
Paultena
Platulena
Palutean
Paleutane

I once heard her referred to as "paluterrymon." Not exactly sure how to spell that, but you get the point.

On a side note, I recently obtained Uprising. I haven't played it much yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I actually just beat Uprising a couple days ago, as I said before, very solid game, I don't know how I missed it. I hope for a Wii U sequel one day, even though I know that Sakuari said he had no plans to make a sequel.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I would love a console Kid Icarus. I hope Nintendo isn't bluffing when they said they'd get their IPs out there by collaborating with other developers. It's almost like Sakurai built an entire world and mythos for someone to exploit and continue in a sequel.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
More then likely someone who's never played Uprising or seen it in any form.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Now that I look at it, the GIR guy could of meant to say Mii since the OP was requesting Mii as well, but I also wouldn't be too surprised if he actually meant Palutena, considering this is Miiverse and all.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just facepalmed at that, literally. -.- I don't blame you for that reaction, Palutena. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Maybe he meant in Smash Bros.?

How can someone be that stupid? Even on Miiverse.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Meanwhile, I'm still looking for good artists of sorts. I may have pretty Palutena (and Pit) requests sometime. >:3

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, I'm still looking for good artists of sorts. I may have pretty Palutena (and Pit) requests sometime. >:3
I'm the same boat. Got the templates from that thread about designing character banners, but can't find neat models of Palutena to make anything good.

What we have to do is enlist someone here to go through intense drawing and image manipulation training, that way we can have a constant, reliable source of Palutena art for pre- and post-release propaganda.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm the same boat. Got the templates from that thread about designing character banners, but can't find neat models of Palutena to make anything good.

What we have to do is enlist someone here to go through intense drawing and image manipulation training, that way we can have a constant, reliable source of Palutena art for pre- and post-release propaganda.
Hope it includes Palutena giving Pit special hugs (Oh, me and my shipping). <3 Of course, epic poses also help. I got plenty of ideas, but all we must do is wait.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Hey Palutena fans. This is kinda random, but I just thought I'd tell you that I had a dream with her in it last night. I don't remember much, but she kept me from dying with her light powers. lol I wonder, is that a premonition or just my silly imagination at work? Anyhow, I hope she gets in the next game. Even though I haven't played an of the games, I can see Palutena's potential as a fighter.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey Palutena fans. This is kinda random, but I just thought I'd tell you that I had a dream with her in it last night. I don't remember much, but she kept me from dying with her light powers. lol I wonder, is that a premonition or just my silly imagination at work? Anyhow, I hope she gets in the next game. Even though I haven't played an of the games, I can see Palutena's potential as a fighter.
It could be a dream from a future event. I know I had some of those before back then, and who knows? If we harness our powers more, we'll eventually get a dream with Palutena in it, then we just gotta check the dates and all.
And that's what they're called? I always called them future dreams.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Y'know, even if Palutena isn't playable, I'd honestly eat my hat if she was an Assist Trophy.

For starters, it's extremely pointless to take Palutena out of Pit's FS and turn her into a minor AT character. Secondly, regardless of Palutena being playable or not, I think it's a guarantee we'll see some special smash taunt conversations on one (or both?) of the KI stages. Something about Palutena being in smash taunts AND being an assist trophy doesn't feel right to me. It'd be like Palutena and Pit talking to each other about something, only for Mario to randomly pull her out of his ass to attack Pit.

Granted, we've had characters who were both in smash taunts and in playable form, mainly the SF characters, but notice how Andross and Grey Fox were ATs in Brawl, and they weren't featured in any of their respective series' smash taunts. If Palutena isn't playable, her role is much more suited for the aforementioned smash taunts for Pit and/or remaining in Pit's FS.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Honestly, I like Pit's FS. I've wondered if Palutena was playable what his FS would be.
Pretty obvious answer:

Although, in the event Palutena isn't playable and is still in Pit's FS, I could see this:

The Final Strike segment required the help of Palutena to power the GST's remaining cannon. I could see her appearing in the background, charging it up, and letting Pit use one final, fatal blast like he did against Hades at the end of Uprising.

http://smashboards.com/threads/analysis-why-do-we-not-want-characters.348581/
Read my post, then give me reasons why she should get in. Go ahead, try me.
1. Palutena is still probably more important to KI than Toad will ever be to Mario. Palutena is more of an actual character that is central to the games, while Toad is basically a generic goon who's also filler. It'd be like adding the Waddle Dee from Retu-*sees sig*, Ah, I guess you'd be cool with that. Also, Rosalina and WFT ARE important in their own ways. Rosalina was a central element of Mario Galaxy, which was not only Nintendo's most critically acclaimed title of the Wii era, but quite possibly ever, and her entire moveset breaths on Galaxy's mechanics, making her the perfect representative of it. WFT, of course, basically represents when Nintendo was finally back on top of the console market after years of middling to poor hardware sales. To say she's not important is like saying "R.O.B is a stupid toy, he's not important, cut him for Goko plz".

2. Most of those series you mentioned there aren't what I'd say "undeserving" of a 2nd character, they just typically don't have any. F-Zero and Animal Crossing are both series that aren't primarily about combat, so having one character on the roster is already, in a way, stretching it as it is, so they're just fine with one character under any circumstances. With Pikmin, it's just that none of the additional Pikmin characters really have anything to offer. In the gameplay of the Pikmin games, they all play exactly the same as Olimar does. It's not even like Luigi who has his own stats (Being floatier and having less traction) that are reflected upon. And no, I don't think the rock and flying pikmin are enough to warrant a full character, especially when the former functions very similarly to that of the purple pikmin. About Punch-Out, the only thing I can actually see probably working is maybe have Doc Louis as like a semi-clone of Little Mac. He's definitely a lot more central to PO!! than someone like King Hippo, being Mac's trainer (He's to LM as Palutena is to Pit, basically), but considering we just got Little Mac and Sakurai is looking for more unique characters, I don't see Doc happening for Smash 4, at least.

Having three games isn't enough, either.
I'd like to know your opinion on Star Fox having three characters then, because by that logic, having five games isn't enough for three characters, and it has just that.

But really, should I question the logic of someone who made a support thread for Baby Bowser? http://smashboards.com/threads/talk-about-a-temper-tantrum-baby-bowser-for-smash-4.347996/

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
http://smashboards.com/threads/analysis-why-do-we-not-want-characters.348581/
Read my post, then give me reasons why she should get in. Go ahead, try me.
Her moveset is already planned out from her boss fight in Uprising, so it's not like Sakurai has to scratch his head till he sees brain to figure out that. Besides Pit, she's possibly the main character of Kid Icarus, especially considering the Japanese name shared in both NES Kid Icarus and Uprising, Palutena's Mirror/The Mirror of Palutena. Even though Sakurai only made Uprising, it's clear it's being represented in Smash, so he cares about it. Also, as Dinoman said, how is Toad in any way relevant to Mario? The Toad shown in Smash is the most generic form of Toad. Almost every single Toad in the Mushroom Kingdom is a red Toad. There are millions of Toads, and only one Palutena. I'd say she's infinitely more important than Peach's mushroomy servants.

But, you know, to each their own.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I now wish Pittoo used the three sacred treasures and therefore had an alternate moveset/design from Pit.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I now wish Pittoo used the three sacred treasures and therefore had an alternate moveset/design from Pit.
Pitoo should certainly not be a character, even as a seperate character he should probably be an Assist Trophy, flying above the stage and sending a rain of arrows, then probably flying into the middle of the stage and saying "Hmmpf" before flying off

My favourite misspelling of Palutena's name is "Paletuna"

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Pitoo should certainly not be a character, even as a seperate character he should probably be an Assist Trophy, flying above the stage and sending a rain of arrows, then probably flying into the middle of the stage and saying "Hmmpf" before flying off

My favourite misspelling of Palutena's name is "Paletuna"
You gonna love this.

Top Bottom