• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

domriver

Smash Lord
The picture leak ahh yes. I was like OMG PALUTENA CONFIRMED TOMORROW! :p But Sakurai is torturing us jejejej He isn't confirming or denying it or even addressing that leak.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think that we can all unanimously agree that if an image gallery is to be made, it should be created by Admiral, no questions.
I'm flattered, but I couldn't do that. >_<

*hisses* I MAKE IT. ME.

Although Admiral making it would make sense, all things considered. :laugh:
As long as I get to request some drawings. You know what it'll be... Yep, Pit getting a bosom hug from Palutena. :p

Also, I've been reading the recent tension happening here, and mind if I join in and see what's going on? :(

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm flattered, but I couldn't do that. >_<
I don't see why you couldn't. Unless we aren't on the same page here. You are aware that we mean just collecting all the official screenshots that include Lady Palutena in them, should she be revealed, right?

Also, I've been reading the recent tension happening here, and mind if I join in and see what's going on? :(
'Tis nothing, dear Admiral. It was just that "leak" saying that Lady Palutena is an assist trophy, and then someone saying that Palutena shouldn't get in.

http://smashboards.com/threads/analysis-why-do-we-not-want-characters.348581/
Read my post, then give me reasons why she should get in. Go ahead, try me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't see why you couldn't. Unless we aren't on the same page here. You are aware that we mean just collecting all the official screenshots that include Lady Palutena in them, should she be revealed, right?

'Tis nothing, dear Admiral. It was just that "leak" saying that Lady Palutena is an assist trophy, and then someone saying that Palutena shouldn't get in.
Oh, oh! Then that's easy. Just wonder what should I call it. We can work together and discuss it if you wish (Skype also counts).
You bet I'll be after all official Palutena screenshots for sure.

March begins this Saturday, so we're prepared. *winks*

andimidna

Smash Master
I can't wait for Palutena to be confirmed! She's my 2nd most wanted newcomer, and if we count Mewtwo as a veteran, I think she is the most likely. I support her 100%!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, oh! Then that's easy. Just wonder what should I call it. We can work together and discuss it if you wish (Skype also counts).

Might I reccommend "The Goddess' Gallery"?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

We're all prepared. Not expecting, perhaps, but prepared!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Ah, found this thread at last. So bring me up to speed here; what exactly has been discussed recently so that I may avoid repetition?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I see. F that though, she's gonna be playable. I can just feel it.

Btw, why do you like every comment I make? I don't mind it at all, just curious.
He's trying to take over the forums

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I highly doubt we would get a reveal in the next Nintendo Direct since it wouldn't be global like the possible April one.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's a tough order. I do expect something KI related in March though. While the 2-year KIU anniversary is on a Saturday for Japan, but Sunday for us, there's nothing wrong with being a day early. If it is April or something else though, then by all means, bring on the goodness.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt we would get a reveal in the next Nintendo Direct since it wouldn't be global like the possible April one.
Didn't they do 2 worldwide ND's in a row last year? This an honest question, I had no idea it was every other month.

Also...can someone tell me how to add sigs? I want to show my support for the goddess.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I expect nothing less than her being an amazing playable character. She deserves it, too.

Hong

The Strongest
What? Palutena as an AT? I do not approve of this.
No. Everyone in this thread is vying for Palutena to be an Assist Trophy. In fact, i have been waiting well over five years to finally have Palutena as an Assist Trophy. I toss and turn at night, looking at the ceiling and uttering the words "Oh, please, PLEASE, make Palutena an Assist Trophy in the next Smash Bros".

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
No. Everyone in this thread is vying for Palutena to be an Assist Trophy. In fact, i have been waiting well over five years to finally have Palutena as an Assist Trophy. I toss and turn at night, looking at the ceiling and uttering the words "Oh, please, PLEASE, make Palutena an Assist Trophy in the next Smash Bros".
Ah, I can SMELL the sarcasm.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope we didn't lose the track of the supporter list. Gonna see if to add it.

Anyway, Palutena's still rumored to be an Assist Trophy?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well just incase she's an AT, you better brace yourselves if she's announced as an AT.
Yes. At the end to we should still take in account that Palutena's still been in supporter role for her major time in game appearances + Sakurai perhaps not wanting to make Kid Icarus get too elevated via newcomer representation just because he worked on Uprising. To be honest it wouldn't make sense entirely if it means Metroid, more major franchise than KI, won't still get a newcomer (and a super-popular of that).

I think I might be ready for that coming, as much as I wouldn't approve it wholeheartedly, personally.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Sakurai probably does consider Metroid to have two characters though, what with Zero Suit Samus and all (He added her to add another Metroid character and female).

I still think if Palutena isn't playable, she'd be more likely to just be in Pit's FS again and/or some codec calls rather than an AT.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Out of preference, I hope Palutena isn't Pit's FS. Nothing to do with my adoration for the character and only being willing to accept her in a specific way, but I felt the series has better Final Smashes for Pit.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Like I said, who's to say they can't change his FS and keep her in?

The Final Strike segment required the help of Palutena to power the GST's remaining cannon. I could see her appearing in the background, charging it up, and letting Pit use one final, fatal blast like he did against Hades at the end of Uprising.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's always the super special Bow attack during air battles with the raining arrows that Pit could have, or the summoning of tornadoes with the Club's special attack.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Out of preference, I hope Palutena isn't Pit's FS. Nothing to do with my adoration for the character and only being willing to accept her in a specific way, but I felt the series has better Final Smashes for Pit.
Keep in mind many of the special attacks were limiting due to the lack of material Kid Icarus could use, hence why Pit has the incredibly crappy and redundant Angel Ring attack.

Now that's no longer the case, and it's showing.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think the chances are pretty high that Pit's FS will change to this, especially given the fact that the Mirror Shield has been replaced by Guardian Orbitars.

Or even this (I see it controlling similarly to Diddy Kong's FS).

Bottom line is, the argument that Palutena was in Pit's FS in Brawl, and thus, can't be playable for that reason, is easily changeable.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So if they replace Pit's FS, do you guys think Palutena will inherit Pit's old one? Or should she get something better than Centurions?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So if they replace Pit's FS, do you guys think Palutena will inherit Pit's old one? Or should she get something better than Centurions?
Maybe. After all, it was called Palutena's Army in Brawl. I personally hope not though because frankly, that FS sucked; that is unless it gets beefed up somehow.

As for what she could use instead, I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps the Glam Blaster (where she summons a giant lazer onto the stage, performing somewhat similar to Lucario's Aura Storm).

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure Palutena will get one of her own. There's always the Glam Blaster, that spiral light thing she does in the boss battle with the blue/white light surrounding her entirely as she charges, or even an idea I just thought of... summoning a brutal windstorm that temporarily breaks the stage into floating pieces (which makes it easier to fall off) while throwing different debris (and any items on stage) at opponents for a while til the stage goes back to normal. See the Ch.18 Air portion for reference.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, Little Mac's stage was shown several months before the character himself was revealed.

Now we have an eerily similar situation again with the reveal of a Wii U Kid Icarus stage (with the only screenshot focusing entirely on a statue of the Goddess herself I might add) that hasn't been shown again since (almost a month by now).

And next month is the anniversary of Uprising.

FORESHADOWING?!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Hmm, Little Mac's stage was shown several months before the character himself was revealed.

Now we have an eerily similar situation again with the reveal of a Wii U Kid Icarus stage (with the only screenshot focusing entirely on a statue of the Goddess herself I might add) that hasn't been shown again since (almost a month by now).

And next month is the anniversary of Uprising.

FORESHADOWING?!
Or it could potentially be a different newcomer for the sake of breaking predictions. :p
Or it's just the Goddess of Light as playable.
Yes. It's all building up to the long-awaited Eggplant Wizard's stunning debut.

It will be unveiled in an eggcellent Nintendo Direct, hosted by Veggie Fils-Aime and cohosted by Tempura Iwata. I can't wait.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So in the Leaks thread, someone pointed out in today's pic we see Waluigi and his fingers are "glued" together. It would seem all assist trophies have their fingers attached except their thumbs. It doesn't appear Palutena's hands are glued in the leak pictures, so this is a good sign for us supporters :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So in the Leaks thread, someone pointed out in today's pic we see Waluigi and his fingers are "glued" together. It would seem all assist trophies have their fingers attached except their thumbs. It doesn't appear Palutena's hands are glued in the leak pictures, so this is a good sign for us supporters :)
I think I noticed that before Waluigi, but I also don't think I mentionned it here.

If AT have glued fingers on WiiU, I don't see why it wouldn't be the case on 3DS!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yeah, we've seen the same glued fingers look with Skull Kid and Ashley's appearances (though with Skull Kid there are no visible fingers whatsoever, probably to mimic his N64 graphic design).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That said, Palutena's statue's fingers aren't glued.
And that's a lot of details overall for a background element, compared to the assist trophies, if you ask me.

Top Bottom