• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
inb4 the new character reveal is "Sanic with a Hero's Outfit" to coincide with the Zelda DLC for Sonic Lost World.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just wanted to say that I fully support Palutena and since she may be revealed today (who knows?) and after that, most people (even #team fake people) will suddenly become supporters as well. Anyway, I will definitely give her a try in the upcoming games. Hopefully she is the female heavyweight character some people are hoping for.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope her trailer is an anime style one animated by Studio 4 Degrees (I'm on my phone and can't use the symbol).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tbh, I always thought Palutena would come in March. With this month is getting the hype for DK: Tropical Freeze, we can't get our hopes up about the Goddess of Light, as much as I so want her in.
But hey, if she does get in today, then our wish comes true early! However, Motor Bug's post does give me some hopes, but I won't get too hyped up. As far as we know it, it could be Cranky being the newcomer while Diddy gets revealed tomorrow.

To make it short, we can't get our hopes up too much. I rather wait for March to do that, but we never know. With less than 3 hours left, we'll see what appears, but I still think it'll be related to DK.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One other thing pointing towards something DK related is the fact that they have CGI models for all of the Kongs from Tropical Freeze, as that game has a CGI opening. So it'd be much easier to get that ready compared to Palutena.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
One other thing pointing towards something DK related is the fact that they have CGI models for all of the Kongs from Tropical Freeze, as that game has a CGI opening. So it'd be much easier to get that ready compared to Palutena.
Not only that but Nintendo are now advertising DKCR:TF with Valentine's Day images on their Facebook page. IMO this pretty much guarantees that we'll see Diddy and Dixie as a tag team during the Direct. Sorry Palutena fans :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not counting on a Dixie/Diddy tag team myself, but Dixie to be announced as newcomer and Diddy as a veteran. I just doubt Sakurai would want to alienate Diddy players by making him work with another character, as he was pretty popular in Brawl.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
*hopes she does get in cus reasons*

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm not counting on a Dixie/Diddy tag team myself, but Dixie to be announced as newcomer and Diddy as a veteran. I just doubt Sakurai would want to alienate Diddy players by making him work with another character, as he was pretty popular in Brawl.
Should I mention Samus and Zero Suit Samus? :troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know there is still Cranky Kong too. You never know. I'm starting to worry because I never was fond of Diddy (in Brawl). But March is where I'll stand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Should I mention Samus and Zero Suit Samus? :troll:
That's completely different. "Tag Team" implies they would be like Pokémon Trainer, in the sense that you would have to switch between them to effectively use one of them.

Samus/Zero Suit Samus may share a character slot, but it's completely optional to use them. Switching between them is not an essential part of a shared playstyle or anything. You can still use Samus as normal in Brawl.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Tbh, I always thought Palutena would come in March. With this month is getting the hype for DK: Tropical Freeze, we can't get our hopes up about the Goddess of Light, as much as I so want her in.

To make it short, we can't get our hopes up too much. I rather wait for March to do that, but we never know. With less than 3 hours left, we'll see what appears, but I still think it'll be related to DK.
Now wait just a second!

I said, "wait just a second!"

Newcomer reveals a rare treat--almost as rare a treat as me gracing these boards! What I'm trying to say is that after we get a newcomer reveal today, we will not have one next month. So... no Palutena in March. Aww, too bad!

So if I were you, I'd start praying to Hades that Palutena is revealed today. Because I'm a very merciful god, I may just grant you your wish. And even if I don't, Sakurai probably will--he's been teasing Kid Icarus a lot since the leak, like he did Mario before Rosalina. So, all aboard the hype train... One. LAST. TIIIIME!

...and if you're wondering why I'm getting your hopes up... I just want to see your rage when I am revealed instead.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now wait just a second!

I said, "wait just a second!"

Newcomer reveals a rare treat--almost as rare a treat as me gracing these boards! What I'm trying to say is that after we get a newcomer reveal today, we will not have one next month. So... no Palutena in March. Aww, too bad!

So if I were you, I'd start praying to Hades that Palutena is revealed today. Because I'm a very merciful god, I may just grant you your wish. And even if I don't, Sakurai probably will--he's been teasing Kid Icarus a lot since the leak, like he did Mario before Rosalina. So, all aboard the hype train... One. LAST. TIIIIME!

...and if you're wondering why I'm getting your hopes up... I just want to see your rage when I am revealed instead.
You can't convince me, and I'm not the joking type like the other one. You can see me in March.

Cute and sexy pic though. *is blushing*

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, within the next 50 minutes, we will get our Palutena announcement if it is indeed what we get. See you guys then, I'm off to boot up my Wii U and get some popcorn.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's just Little Mac. -.- The only thing that's keeping me from being too impatient and annoyed is the fact that there's some voice acting in that trailer. That just means the trailers are gonna get better and better, and with voice acting, Palutena's soon to come. Hopefully March?

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
It's just Little Mac. -.- The only thing that's keeping me from being too impatient and annoyed is the fact that there's some voice acting in that trailer. That just means the trailers are gonna get better and better, and with voice acting, Palutena's soon to come. Hopefully March?
I can see Palutena's reveal trailer being one of the best; after all, I expect nothing less for our beloved Goddess of Light ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can see Palutena's reveal trailer being one of the best; after all, I expect nothing less for our beloved Goddess of Light ^_^
They better hurry though. Each trailer has been months apart from each other, so I fear that she won't appear in March at all. D:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Little Mac came out of nowhere for me. Oh well, just life. I guess I'm glad I didn't work today, instead of hyping it up in my head the entire day at work. Let's hope for a reveal at the next direct.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well...it's not like Little Mac is a bad addition in the slightest. He looks awesome, and was highly requested.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I didn't particularly want him, but I realize that he is highly requested. So it's not like his inclusion surprises me. More just being announced now seemed random.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
After seeing that Little Mac's ring stage is also in the 3DS version (and proving that handheld and console stages are not mutually exclusive), I am now almost certain that the Kid Icarus stage which was teased a couple of weeks ago is Palutena's Temple from KI:U which of course would make a very fitting home stage for her.

Reila

They better hurry though. Each trailer has been months apart from each other, so I fear that she won't appear in March at all. D:
I don't think they will broadcast another Nintendo Direct in March, so Palutena isn't going to be revealed until April at best. Unless they decide to reveal the goddess Palutena like the Wii Fit Trainer, by just uploading her reveal trailer on YouTube... But I think she deserves better than that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, Wii Fit Trainer was announced on a stage at Nintendo's E3 booth. It was supposed to look like a trailer for Wii Fit U, but then you see Mario, Link, and Kirby, and the rest is history. It was done after the demo match of Mario VS Mega Man, I believe.

Reila

Actually, Wii Fit Trainer was announced on a stage at Nintendo's E3 booth. It was supposed to look like a trailer for Wii Fit U, but then you see Mario, Link, and Kirby, and the rest is history. It was done after the demo match of Mario VS Mega Man, I believe.
Yeah, but the trailer wasn't shown on the Nintendo Direct like every other so far.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't think they will broadcast another Nintendo Direct in March, so Palutena isn't going to be revealed until April at best. Unless they decide to reveal the goddess Palutena like the Wii Fit Trainer, by just uploading her reveal trailer on YouTube... But I think she deserves better than that.
That's what I'm afraid of. Each trailer, with the exception of Villager and WFT, have been months apart from each other, from June to December to February, so she may appear in May if the pattern is consistent, but to consider Sakurai's condition with his hands, I'm sure things will be slowing down for sure. He still needs a break. D:

Reila

That's what I'm afraid of. Each trailer, with the exception of Villager and WFT, have been months apart from each other, from June to December to February, so she may appear in May if the pattern is consistent, but to consider Sakurai's condition with his hands, I'm sure things will be slowing down for sure. He still needs a break. D:
May would be weird, because the E3 is in June and will most likely get a newcomer there. Two newcomers in two months sounds unlikely, don't you think? So my best bet is that we get a newcomer in April (two months from now), another one in June, etc.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
May would be weird, because the E3 is in June and will most likely get a newcomer there. Two newcomers in two months sounds unlikely, don't you think? So my best bet is that we get a newcomer in April (two months from now), another one in June, etc.
April or June is fine for her. It'll be one Heaven of a Trailer that I'll be watching every day; Palutena's just that good.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I prefer it this way: Since Rosalina (magic user) was the most recent newcomer, I like that we have Little Mac (boxer) to potentially separate another Magic user, Palutena, from Rosalina's reveal. I mean, two magic-welding females are great, but two in a row would have been stale.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Just realized I have not made a Palutena moveset :eek:. Must get started on one as soon as I can!

I still don't understand how some people think Palutena will be un-unique because of magic. I just don't understand it. There are many different types of magic. Zelda's flashy more traditional magic is way different than Peach's girly hearts and rainbow magic and Palutena's light magic is undoubtedly going to be different. Different look, most likely different effect, different everything...no argument.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You have a point. It adds to the variety, and now that we've heard voices in the recent trailer, just means better chances for Palutena. I just hope she comes soon, because I can't wait for long as much as I used to. D:

Put it this way: Zelda's generic sparkles and Peach's so-called hearts are nothing compared to Palutena's true light magic. At the same time, we've seen what she could do outside of Smash while Peach and Zelda were generally damsel's in distress, preventing their full display. Palutena herself has also displayed different powers in the anime short of hers, showing she has more than just light magic from her (Ex: Power of Caging, Power of Maelstrom). And let's not forget she actually has a staff, and she'd be the first playable character that wields a staff is she makes it in. You just need to imagine her potential, and all that she could do in both the anime shorts, and in Uprising. And if she has the power of Cooling/Caging/Maelstrom, imagine what other hidden abilities she may possess.
You gotta think outside the box.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Same. I've been waiting too long, but maybe they're saving the best ones for last, and Palutena definitely warrants as one of the best.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I feel similarly, especially seeing how happy the Little Mac fans are. I want to feel that excitement about my most wanted character, and with the temple and the leak it feels like it's sooo close I can taste it.

Also, regarding Sakurai's condition, my guess is the newcomer videos are already complete and they just pace them out as they see fit. I want to believe most of their work now is playtesting and balancing, which would explain why Sakurai's affected by his condition as he can't play the game himself as well as before. So in terms of character reveals I really hope they don't slow down because I really want to see Palutena already.

Other note: I would LOVE to see how a trap-focused palutena would work against such an in-your-face character like Little Mac. It seems like it would be such an interesting match-up.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I feel similarly, especially seeing how happy the Little Mac fans are. I want to feel that excitement about my most wanted character, and with the temple and the leak it feels like it's sooo close I can taste it.

Also, regarding Sakurai's condition, my guess is the newcomer videos are already complete and they just pace them out as they see fit. I want to believe most of their work now is playtesting and balancing, which would explain why Sakurai's affected by his condition as he can't play the game himself as well as before. So in terms of character reveals I really hope they don't slow down because I really want to see Palutena already.

Other note: I would LOVE to see how a trap-focused palutena would work against such an in-your-face character like Little Mac. It seems like it would be such an interesting match-up.
A bit off-topic, but Sakuari has a condition?

Top Bottom