• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, and with those comparisons above, the idea that Palutena is even a little less likely is poop. She can exist without the statue, regardless of what the quote says.

Really, I think he's dumping Kid Icarus stuff because of the leak; he's got to know about it by now. I don't remember the last time we've seen him have so much stuff from a specific series get posted.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we don't get Palutena soon, and by soon I mean next Direct, I'll be surprised.
It isn't a matter of if she'll be in or not. It's a matter of when Sakurai will show her to us.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
For those of you still wondering about the leak, go to the SSB4 Rumors and Leaks thread, go back a few pages and read.

I believe that I have just found enough evidence to confirm the leak as real, and I need your input!
At this point im tired, the only thing that we can do is wait, im sure that if we wait we are a going to corroborate that the leak is a fake, and of course yeah, statue picture only confirms that Sakurai is a troll, as Palutena is likely going to be a playable character in the game.

Hong

The Strongest
This past week has been reminiscent of the Ridley days of Brawl.

People goin' cray cray, even for SmashBoard standards.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They should give Palutena's staff spear-like qualities.

That'd make her a lot more interesting, in my opinion. It'd be cool to have a chick that fights with a might and magic, not just one or the other. It would also make her shield a little more sensible, rather than being a case of "I am magic and also, here is a shield".

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Things are looking good for Palutena indeed with the new input about the leak. As always, I will see if she'll be revealed in March. But back at Rosalina, she has interesting moves, and I'm sure Palutena will get interesting moves too, some we may not have thought of yet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They should give Palutena's staff spear-like qualities.

That'd make her a lot more interesting, in my opinion. It'd be cool to have a chick that fights with a might and magic, not just one or the other. It would also make her shield a little more sensible, rather than being a case of "I am magic and also, here is a shield".
I thought that's what most of us were imagining...if not pure might, than might and magic combined for her physical moves (sort of like Zelda's new side a, but with her staff rather than just Zelda's hand).

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
With Lucario being revealed on Brawl's 6th anniversary, I now have more hope that Sakurai will reveal something Kid icarus related to commemorate Uprising's 2nd anniversary on March 21st (the actual anniversary is on a Saturday).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly not sure where to post this and I'm not sure if an Alfonzo topic is warranted, so here:

Hong

The Strongest
I am sorry. That was a bit rude.

For what it's worth, I found Gonzo replacing the statue of Palutena to be hilarious. :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Love that meme so much. Honestly can't wait for more things to use it on.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I rather have a special Palutena meme. Just don't use it too much, or the so-called humor from it dries out fast, as what I deem that annoying Alfonzo one (Sorry, I just hate it).

Meanwhile, still working on the moveset. How often do Nintendo Directs happen again? Are there times where 2 appear within 2 months (like 1 in February, and 1 in March)? I'm still having my mind set on March as the usual. Plus I'm kinda bored, and such.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There really is no set schedule for Nintendo Directs. They just happen whenever they feel like putting them out.

Nintendo had an investor meeting this month, which I'm sure most of you heard about. Between Iwata attending that and receiving a 50% pay cut, it's not surprising we did not get a Nintendo Direct for January.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That could endanger our chances for seeing our Goddess in March if there's no 2 consecutive directs month-wise. However, I'm not giving up yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think it really matters what month it is, she'll only be announced if she is ready to be shown off in a playable form, as gameplay clips are always a part of the trailers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
it is true, but I'm just speculating since you know Uprising was released on that month. There's always a chance of indications, even if the pattern is inconsistent. At this point, I just want her to be in since one of my few wishes has been fulfilled (the Palutena Temple stage).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly, I think assuming anything in regards to character annoucements are kind of futile.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Dedede reveal time was reasonable at least. Many of us knew he was likely to appear once that Kirby game would be released. You never know, and it helps me boost my spirits up, especially since we gotta wait til the end of the year for the game to come out.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I noticed there was a talk of how Palutena would play in smash earlier.
I could see Palutena becoming the "Paladin" of Smash Bros. in RPG terms. Paladins in RPG's are known for their light affiliation in magic. While also having lots of might and defensive power. They are usually associated with as a "Holy Knight" Sounds like a perfect archetype for her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Link - Warrior
Mega Man - Ranger
Rosalina - Summoner
Palutena - Paladin

A Final Fantasy party right there. :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Link - Warrior
Mega Man - Ranger
Rosalina - Summoner
Palutena - Paladin

A Final Fantasy party right there. :p
Out of all of those guys, I imagine Palutena would actually be the most powerful, don't you think? I mean, she is a goddess, after all. And, while we don't know how technology and magic work against each other, I imagine her powers of light are actually more potent a force than Megaman's armaments. It's interesting to think about.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of all of those guys, I imagine Palutena would actually be the most powerful, don't you think? I mean, she is a goddess, after all. And, while we don't know how technology and magic work against each other, I imagine her powers of light are actually more potent a force than Megaman's armaments. It's interesting to think about.
This would be insignificant if they were on the same side. :V

Plus, Rosalina is BASICALLY a goddess too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It never was confirmed if Rosalina is a goddess, just a Mother of the cosmos.
Palutena will be fine. However, despite being a goddess, keep in mind that that doesn't mean she will be most powerful in a game *looks at Amaterasu... I think* I do expect her to be fairly good though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This would be insignificant if they were on the same side. :V

Plus, Rosalina is BASICALLY a goddess too.
Well, yeah, but it's still interesting.

And Rosalina is a special case in that her canon powers are largely unexplained, so I don't know how to place her. I imagine she'd absolutely destroy Mega Man with her shield if it functioned canonically, though. Honestly, that in and of itself is one of her greatest powers. She's practically invincible in-game. I do think she'd have a little bit of trouble with Palutena, though.
It never was confirmed if Rosalina is a goddess, just a Mother of the cosmos.
Palutena will be fine. However, despite being a goddess, keep in mind that that doesn't mean she will be most powerful in a game *looks at Amaterasu... I think* I do expect her to be fairly good though.
Haha, of course not. I just like discussing hypothetical situations. I don't expect Sakurai to determine matchups by canon power. That'd be crazy (though it would be a dream come true for Ganondorf fans)

I'm actually working on something of a tier list of canonical powers right now (might make a forum game out of it) and it's extremely interesting. Anyone's free to send me a message if they're curious about it, for the record.

Spoilers: Everyone in this hypothetical universe where Smash uses canon powers would carry a Link or Toon Link as a secondary. It would be absolutely vital for tournament settings.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, yeah, but it's still interesting.

And Rosalina is a special case in that her canon powers are largely unexplained, so I don't know how to place her. I imagine she'd absolutely destroy Mega Man with her shield if it functioned canonically, though. Honestly, that in and of itself is one of her greatest powers. She's practically invincible in-game. I do think she'd have a little bit of trouble with Palutena, though.

Haha, of course not. I just like discussing hypothetical situations. I don't expect Sakurai to determine matchups by canon power. That'd be crazy (though it would be a dream come true for Ganondorf fans)

I'm actually working on something of a tier list of canonical powers right now (might make a forum game out of it) and it's extremely interesting. Anyone's free to send me a message if they're curious about it, for the record.

Spoilers: Everyone in this hypothetical universe where Smash uses canon powers would carry a Link or Toon Link as a secondary. It would be absolutely vital for tournament settings.
I see the points. :p Palutena and Pit would actually be so powerful if they did, kinda for Pit, idk (He takes on gods)
If you make Canon powers, I hope Sonic won't be at the top just because of Super Sonic. :(

Bored now. D:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, did Pit get a new Up B, or does it look different?
Because a brand new Up B would certainly increase Palutena's chances even more.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I see the points. :p Palutena and Pit would actually be so powerful if they did, kinda for Pit, idk (He takes on gods)
If you make Canon powers, I hope Sonic won't be at the top just because of Super Sonic. :(

Bored now. D:
Pit would jump up, but he'd be nowhere near the likes of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, or Samus. Those guys right there would be our SS-S tier.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit would jump up, but he'd be nowhere near the likes of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, or Samus. Those guys right there would be our SS-S tier.
Never know. Pit has his perks. T_T

And Pit's Up-B is the same move, except it looks like he actually flies than what he does in brawl.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Bored now. D:
If we're going by canon powers, Super Sonic isn't what would put him up top, it'd be Hyper Sonic. And his many other forms and abilities.

Regarding Rosalina, I like to think she is, AT LEAST, a demi-goddess. A demi god/goddess is only semi-immortal, in the sense that they can't die by age, but can be killed by mortals. However, a mortal death is only temporary, as the demi god/goddess will resurrect. Gods/Goddesses can permanently kill demi gods/goddesses, though.

Rosalina could easily be a full on "Goddess of Space", much like how Palutena is the "Goddess of Light". There is nothing to suggest that Rosalina is a full on goddess, but it's safe to assume she is at least a demi-goddess, due to her not showing any age despite being at least a century old, and due to the fact she clearly has masterful control over the element of space.

Regarding a canon Rosalina VS Palutena match up, Rosalina does have one huge advantage - Rosalina has control over space. Palutena has control over light...which requires space. It's arguable that, by virtue of having control over space, Rosalina has just as much control over light, if not more so, than Palutena.

Though I think it's irrelevant, as I'd like to think they'd be good friends. :3

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Never know. Pit has his perks. T_T
Well here's the thing about Ganondorf in particular.

In canon, only a bearer of the triforce can harm him. And I believe it's only stated that Link can, so even Zelda's debatable.

For Mewtwo, his stat total is rivaling or surpassing that of literal gods. He also has powers of mind control that could debatably be used on even Ganondorf in order to do some damage.

Then Samus...she's difficult to place, but her technology seems to be up there with that of powerful magic, although this is only speculation.

If we're going by canon powers, Super Sonic isn't what would put him up top, it'd be Hyper Sonic. And his many other forms and abilities.

Regarding Rosalina, I like to think she is, AT LEAST, a demi-goddess. A demi god/goddess is only semi-immortal, in the sense that they can't die by age, but can be killed by mortals. However, a mortal death is only temporary, as the demi god/goddess will resurrect. Gods/Goddesses can permanently kill demi gods/goddesses, though.

Rosalina could easily be a full on "Goddess of Space", much like how Palutena is the "Goddess of Light". There is nothing to suggest that Rosalina is a full on goddess, but it's safe to assume she is at least a demi-goddess, due to her not showing any age despite being at least a century old, and due to the fact she clearly has masterful control over the element of space.

Regarding a canon Rosalina VS Palutena match up, Rosalina does have one huge advantage - Rosalina has control over space. Palutena has control over light...wich requires space. It's arguable that, by virtue of having control over space, Rosalina has just as much control over light, if not more so, than Palutena.

Assuming a character only has their basic abilities makes it a lot easier. Otherwise, we'd have to mess around not only with Super and Hyper sonic, but also Star Mario, Fierce Deity Link, and Mewtwo's mega forms.

Rosalina may just be a regular mage. Keep in mind that she never does anything to show that she has the complete control of space that you're implying she has. In fact, Rosalina may actually just be a user of some sort of highly advanced technology. The Comet Observatory is literally fueled by a star, and she runs it, so obviously she is more advanced technologically than the Mushroom Kingdom. Her shield may be a personal force field created by something under her dress. In Galaxy, her powering up the ship may just be her activating its full technological abilities. Her apparent lack of aging may actually just be due to a fuller understanding of medicines and genetics. Keep in mind that forty was once considered old for a human.

That's the thing about trying to understand this and put it into tiers. Literally all of this is debatable because of Mario's (and other series') infamously loose canon(s).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Regarding a canon Rosalina VS Palutena match up, Rosalina does have one huge advantage - Rosalina has control over space. Palutena has control over light...which requires space. It's arguable that, by virtue of having control over space, Rosalina has just as much control over light, if not more so, than Palutena.

*pouts*
Thankfully Pit can be resurrected too... With the help of Palutena. :(

I guess, but it still isn't confirmed that she is a Goddess, although she might have that potential. You know how attached I am to Palutena, so I try my best to make her look great. But in turn, Palutena provides different kinds of powers, some you know of (like the one she gave to Pit), and then there's exclusive ones she's used, like "Caging" and creating rain (shown via anime short). Who knows what other abilities she's been hiding from us?

Well here's the thing about Ganondorf in particular.

In canon, only a bearer of the triforce can harm him. And I believe it's only stated that Link can, so even Zelda's debatable.

For Mewtwo, his stat total is rivaling or surpassing that of literal gods. He also has powers of mind control that could debatably be used on even Ganondorf in order to do some damage.

Then Samus...she's difficult to place, but her technology seems to be up there with that of powerful magic, although this is only speculation.

Assuming a character only has their basic abilities makes it a lot easier. Otherwise, we'd have to mess around not only with Super and Hyper sonic, but also Star Mario, Fierce Deity Link, and Mewtwo's mega forms.

Rosalina may just be a regular mage. Keep in mind that she never does anything to show that she has the complete control of space that you're implying she has. In fact, Rosalina may actually just be a user of some sort of highly advanced technology. The Comet Observatory is literally fueled by a star, and she runs it, so obviously she is more advanced technologically than the Mushroom Kingdom. Her shield may be a personal force field created by something under her dress. In Galaxy, her powering up the ship may just be her activating its full technological abilities. Her apparent lack of aging may actually just be due to a fuller understanding of medicines and genetics. Keep in mind that forty was once considered old for a human.

That's the thing about trying to understand this and put it into tiers. Literally all of this is debatable because of Mario's (and other series') infamously loose canon(s).
The thing about Mewtwo is that well.. Mega Evolution forms are temporary, and different gods have different levels of power, so Arceus could be either a greater or lesser god, but we don't know that. Without Mega forms, Mewtwo will still be below Arceus. So unfortunately we can't compare the power of different gods extensively as we wanted to unless they actually had a duel.

For Sonic, FDL, as such with transformations, they're temporary in some sense: Sonic needs the emeralds and the form lasts as long as he has rings. FDL and Star Mario I don't know about. Mewtwo I explained.
For Palutena's case, I know she holds some of her power back as she's the peaceful type. Of course, we've seen a bit more of her power during that Chaos Kin incident, including throwing pieces of islands from Skyworld around in what looked like a giant whirlwind (I think) and creating a super powerful shield that only the Lightning Chariot could pierce through it (when going by the game only). Let's not forget the Glam Blaster during the Hewdraw bit, too. As I said, she's likely to hide even more power that we're not aware of. In other words, the thing about Gods is that they have power naturally without the need to transform like Sonic, and Link does. Ganon... I can't explain him. He's strong and I know it, gets resurrected sometimes.
All in all, Palutena is likely to be stronger than what some take her for, being a natural goddess, who although holds back due to being a peaceful one.

You know this conversation is interesting, but I feel that I have lost. D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding Sonic, his forms are different to Mario. Mario's forms are short use power-ups he finds and loses when he takes a hit. Sonic's are more innate. It's also worth noting that Sonic uses Chaos Control in Sonic Adventure 2 using a FAKE Chaos Emerald created by Tails. It's a complete ass-pull, but it's canon. So if he can do that with a fake emerald, Sonic having just one real emerald on him (which he normally does) gives him the ability to warp across space.

Regarding Rosalina, your technology theory would work if it weren't for two things - Rosalina's storybook, and Smash Bros.
Rosalina's storybook displays the beginnings of the Comet Observatory. It is literally a Luma. Lumas feed on Star Bits, which contain a small bit of energy of Power Stars. So if the Comet Observatory is a Luma, then it being powered by Power Stars is literally feeding it. If the Observatory is too hungry, it won't move, as it is literally a living thing.
As for the other stuff, there is absolutely no reason to believe Rosalina has any medical prowess beyond what a regular mother would have. There is no hospital or R&D lab on the Observatory, and she only ever leaves the Observatory every 100 years to visit her home planet. This completely throws out the technology theory. Her immortality is the result of something beyond anything we can truly comprehend. There may be some clues in some of her dialogue, but there is no concrete way to understand it. We just know she is immortal to some degree.

As for how Smash Bros proves she has power over space, she literally creates miniature galaxies when she connects with her attacks, she has control over gravity, and she can summon a Luma out of thin air (regardless of whether or not she is warping it from another location or creating it from scratch, she is still controlling atoms to achieve this).

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Palutena would be a Paladin when she's more likely to be a Cleric/White Mage. They can use shields as well after all, but Palutena fights way more from a range, and has a far stronger command of magic than a Paladin.

I'm going to sidestep the power-level topic though, since it seems needlessly messy.

Top Bottom