• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Palutena is playable, as a final smash I want to see her to put her glasses on and use the Cherubot like some kind of mad scientist :

Morbi

Scavenger
If Palutena is playable, as a final smash I want to see her to put her glasses on and use the Cherubot like some kind of mad scientist :
I have a feeling that she will be imputed the "Palutena's Army" Final Smash.

That isn't to say that this idea isn't infinitely better.

Hong

The Strongest
The Kid Icarus stage seems unfinished, there's some lack of additional details. I wonder if there will be floating statues and centurions in the background.
We have no idea where the camera is going to be situated. Something tells me even the statue is far in the background for gameplay. I am sure the stage will be well-decorated and beautiful, as the whole product has been thus far.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Posting this here too. For anyone that still thinks the stage isn't based on Uprising:

Notice that the atmosphere is much different.
Which means she's not possessed by the bug thingy.
Which means she's not a stage hazard.
Which means she's probably playable.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Posting this here too. For anyone that still thinks the stage isn't based on Uprising:

And this still doesn't prove that it's an Uprising stage. Having Uprising elements does not mean anything. Like i said before, it could be a modernized version of a stage based on the NES game.

Also, i'm not saying an Uprising stage on the Wii U can't happen. i'm saying that you shouldn't act like it's an Uprising stage because of the art style.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's honestly not an important detail which game it came from.

People should chill out about that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll be glad when we don't have to use that image as her CSS art anymore. Her face is just so...lifeless.

Neon's interpretation has a much more lively face.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
I always found that image of Palutena jarring when looking at her Uprising face, cause it seems like her face is more motherly and mature in that image of her then her more animeish face of Uprising.

You get me?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It's honestly not an important detail which game it came from.

People should chill out about that.
Agreed. And I actually watched that developer direct again earlier. Sakurai said something along the lines of: there will be more stages based on mobile games on the 3DS version and more stages based on console games on the Wii U version.
So, it isn't necessarily the case that stage exclusivity will based solely on handheld v.s. console.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Alternatively, we should get hyped for the inevitable Kid Icarus Uprising 2 for Wii U. You know how Sakurai met with Platinum games? yeaaa, it MUST have been to pass over the Kid Icarus torch.

Btw, no, I don't actually believe this. I think it's really just the fact that Sakurai is placing the KI franchise as one of the top Nintendo ones, and I bet all of them get multiple stages.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't want to see Hideki Kamiya's take on Palutena. :/

Then again, perhaps I am a tad judgmental. After all, if you look at Metroid: Other M, the questionable decisions in Samus' design were at fault of Nintendo, and surprisingly unrelated to Team Ninja. If they make some clear lines about what they can or cannot change, I am sure Kamiya and his team can't cause too much harm. Hopefully make a better game than Uprising.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Guys, soon...
I love it, though I prefer if the Palutena pic used on the left was her Uprising official artwork. It just seems more fitting.

And let's not get hyped for tonight's upcoming pic. I still don't think it'll be a reveal, at least not Palutena's yet. There's still February, and of course, March. So what do we do now til then? Mind's still on Palutena doing Peachy's hip move on Pit. >_<

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I decided to compare Kid Icarus content we know thus far against all the other IPs:

Kid Icarus: 1 character, 2 stages, 1 item
Mario: 5 characters, 3 stages, 2 items
Zelda: 3 characters, 3 stages, 1 item
Kirby: 2 characters, 0 stages, 0 items
Animal Crossing: 1 character, 2 stages, 0 items
Pikmin: 1 character, 1 stage, 1 item
Sonic / Wii Fit / Mega Man / Metroid / Fire Emblem: 1 character, 1 stage, 0 items
Pokemon: 1 character, 0 stages, 1 item
Donkey Kong / StarFox: 1 character, 0 stages, 0 item

So Kid Icarus boasts more content than almost all of the franchises we know so far, losing to Mario, Zelda and maybe Kirby (depending on if two stages + one item is the equivalent of a character to you). I think it's pretty clear that Sakurai is viewing Kid Icarus as an important IP, even though Nintendo doesn't. Because of this, I could see Palutena making a lot more sense, as Sakurai is, apparently, wanting to include a lot of Kid Icarus content.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Then again, perhaps I am a tad judgmental. After all, if you look at Metroid: Other M, the questionable decisions in Samus' design were at fault of Nintendo, and surprisingly unrelated to Team Ninja. If they make some clear lines about what they can or cannot change, I am sure Kamiya and his team can't cause too much harm. Hopefully make a better game than Uprising.
Apparently, Sakamoto had to tell them to tone a lot of things down.

I doubt Team Ninja is completely without fault in that travesty.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
What if that's the First Town's Twinbellows dome and the Skyworld?
Doesn't really look anything like it. And why on Earth would the dome be in Skyworld?

And this still doesn't prove that it's an Uprising stage. Having Uprising elements does not mean anything. Like i said before, it could be a modernized version of a stage based on the NES game.

Also, i'm not saying an Uprising stage on the Wii U can't happen. i'm saying that you shouldn't act like it's an Uprising stage because of the art style.
But it's not the art style, it's a major structure taken straight from Uprising. Not the NES game.

Thus, it's an Uprising stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I decided to compare Kid Icarus content we know thus far against all the other IPs:

Kid Icarus: 1 character, 2 stages, 1 item
Mario: 5 characters, 3 stages, 2 items
Zelda: 3 characters, 3 stages, 1 item
Kirby: 2 characters, 0 stages, 0 items
Animal Crossing: 1 character, 2 stages, 0 items
Sonic / Wii Fit / Mega Man / Metroid / Fire Emblem: 1 character, 1 stage, 0 items
Pokemon / Pikmin: 1 character, 0 stages, 1 item
Donkey Kong / StarFox: 1 character, 0 stages, 0 item

So Kid Icarus boasts more content than almost all of the franchises we know so far, losing to Mario, Zelda and maybe Kirby (depending on if two stages + one item is the equivalent of a character to you). I think it's pretty clear that Sakurai is viewing Kid Icarus as an important IP, even though Nintendo doesn't. Because of this, I could see Palutena making a lot more sense, as Sakurai is, apparently, wanting to include a lot of Kid Icarus content.
Pikmin has a stage, I forget the name, but it's from Pikmin 3, as the Koppai ship is in the background.

Sorry, just wanted to clear that up. Carry on.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's a non-Palutena, but still interesting post, and it has Pit in it.

That Pit with his new pose, and Sakurai's caption is most interesting. That makes like 3 pics with KI stuff on it since the Palutena leak fiasco. I want more! <3

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh right. The Garden of Hope. I'll go fix that. :p Thanks.

It doesn't change much to Kid Icarus' content over the other games though.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
The power of the Palutena Leak is making the presence of Kid Icarus strong!

Wait, Palutena has green hair, and she's making Kid Icarus' presence strong! Hulk confirmed!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was going to say. We're getting lots of Kid Icarus stuff lately. Maybe he's setting us up for an upcoming reveal? :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
KI's getting quite love, certainly. (-l3l-);

Don't think it's setting up for anything though so easy, like before, we should put our money on Directs instead of sudden reveals, since they never happened before. I guess we might get one during February but even that's not gonna ensure one unless Sakurai states it personally.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Just to throw my 2 cents in, I didn't put too much stock in the supposed leak, but all these KI pic of the days are really conspicuous. Palutena is one of those bonus characters for me. It'll be cool if she's in, but I won't be heartbroken if not.

Staarih

Smash Master
Safest bet for a Palutena reveal would be a February Direct. Looks a lot like the whole Rosalina reveal with the Mario Galaxy stage revealed a whole month before her.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
So if now, we see the Blue Falcon, we can disconfirm Captain Falcon, despite the fact in Melee and Brawl, the blue Falcon appears yet Falcon is playable?

Disconfirming a character because of an object is just weird.

Or maybe Alfonzo drove the Blue Falcon the whole time :troll:
To put something interesting forward - see the statue of Palutena in that shot?

Is it just me, or does it bear the closest resemblance to the model from the leak than any other model of her by far?

Also, what if:

Perhaps the beginning of a new Alfonzo meme?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^It's funny because last night on tumblr I asked if "Alfonzo: Leave it to me!" could become meme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As I see it, the new Kid Icarus stage is both from the NES game and Uprising, much like how Planet Zebes, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths and Norfair are both from Metroid and Super Metroid.

Skyworld is from the NES game, but also appeared in Uprising. So, the stage's ORIGIN is the NES game, while the stage's DESIGN is based on Uprising, sharing a similar art style and having the same statue and structure from the same game. The Palace in the Sky and Palutena's Temple from the NES game and Uprising respectively, could be interpreted as the same area anyway, as both are situated in Skyworld and where Palutena lives and watches over the humans.

This stage could be called Skyworld, much like how has there been a stage named Yoshi's Island in the previous Smash games (despite being based on different games) as well as the two Kongo Jungle stages and the two Peach's Castle stages in 64 and Melee.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
For those of you still wondering about the leak, go to the SSB4 Rumors and Leaks thread, go back a few pages and read.

I believe that I have just found enough evidence to confirm the leak as real, and I need your input!

Top Bottom