• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It kind of bothers me that there are some comments on Miiverse that believe that this is a confirmation that Palutena will NOT be in the game. How does that make sense, exactly? It's just a statue of a character in a location she rules over as a goddess... R.O.B had that giant statue of himself in the F-Zero stage in Brawl. I don't think it's an issue to have a statue of a character on a stage and have that character simultaneously be playable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pic of the day. When the Statue of the Goddess of Light joins the battle, Palutena is in charge of the pedestal. Palutena: "Leave it to me!" :troll:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Let's see...

[X] Not in the background of Wii U Kid Icarus stage
[X] Not in the background of 3DS Kid Icarus stage
[ ] Not Pit's Final Smash
[ ] Not an Assist Trophy

Two possible non-playable roles left.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm wondering if the Wii U Kid Icarus stage is based on the NES game. Perhaps the statue of Palutena is based on her original look?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ooohohohoooh~! I'm getting hype! He's teasing things up for us...

Do we get a confirm or deconfirm? :troll:

I must say, I think hype has finally rosen for this game for some reason. (-´3`-)
I believe that's the Palace in the Sky from the first Kid Icarus based on the statue and the temple in the background. It was most notably the final level where you beat Medusa and save Palutena.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm wondering if the Wii U Kid Icarus stage is based on the NES game. Perhaps the statue of Palutena is based on her original look?
Probably Overworld... that's World 2 in the NES game... we got Skyworld in Brawl and that's World 3 in the NES game.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Not sure if it's been posted, but here's today's pic of the day without Miiverse.

It looks like she's not wearing the charms on her belt, unlike the leaked screens from the 3DS version.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Guys, Sakurai never said Wii U stages would be exclusively from home console games and 3DS stages from handheld games. Just that they would have more of them.

The stage looks like Palutena's Temple from Uprising.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Guys, Sakurai never said Wii U stages would be exclusively from home console games and 3DS stages from handheld games. Just that they would have more of them.

The stage looks like Palutena's Temple from Uprising.
Looking like something =/= What it probably is.

Chances are that it's based off the original NES game with an Uprising face lift.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It doesn't look like Skyworld, seeing how it takes place on land... and the clouds aren't everywhere like in the Brawl stage.
Looking like something =/= What it probably is.

Chances are that it's based off the original NES game with an Uprising face lift.
Yup... just like Skyward in Brawl... except Uprising got the face lift from Brawl... and now the NES game is getting a face lift from Uprising... it is coming full circle! :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Can you explain what part of it is based on the NES game? The statue is from Uprising.
It doesn't look like it takes place in Skyworld. It looks more like that it takes place in the Overworld Level of the NES game. The statue can be put up to the fact that it looks like it takes place in the human part of the Kid Icarusverse. (humans building statues of their gods)

And even if it did takes place in Skyworld (NES game still) it isn't weird that theirs some statues of Palutena lying around.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Aw. Palutena's ... statue deconfirmed.

This has no bearing what so ever in Palutena's chances.

I still think Medusa is a prime candidate as well though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena."

The quote is the only thing that's even slightly worrying. You could argue that Palutena can't be watching over the arena if she's playable. That said, I think it's referring more to the statue itself than anything. Could someone fluent in Japanese look at Sakurai's original quote and see what it implies there?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It doesn't look like it takes place in Skyworld. It looks more like that it takes place in the Overworld Level of the NES game. The statue can be chocked up to the fact that it looks like it takes place in the human part of the Kid Icarusverse. (humans building statues of their gods)

And even if it did takes place in Skyworld (NES game still) it isn't weird that theirs some statues of Palutena lying around.
So basically: There's no structures or anything from the NES game, while the statue is clearly from Uprising. Sounds like an Uprising-based stage to me.

And it seems like it's Skyworld. If you look at the bottom between the pillars you can see what appears to be a cliff of the floating island. Also, notice how the sky extends for the whole background.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
"Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena."

The quote is the only thing that's even slightly worrying. You could argue that Palutena can't be watching over the arena if she's playable. That said, I think it's referring more to the statue itself than anything. Could someone fluent in Japanese look at Sakurai's original quote and see what it implies there?
Here's the post:

D

Deleted member

The quote is the only thing that's even slightly worrying. You could argue that Palutena can't be watching over the arena if she's playable. That said, I think it's referring more to the statue itself than anything.
I think that Sakurai was definitely talking about the statue. Since Kid Icarus is based on Greek mythology, the statue of Palutena watching over the battlefield is reminiscent of the statues of gods, goddesses, and philosophers that you would find in Greece.
*I would post an example, but I can't find an appropriate pic.*

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Who wants to bet that in her reveal video her statue cracks, beams of light shoot out, the statue crumbles and standing on the battlefield is Palutena.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It kind of bothers me that there are some comments on Miiverse
Well, here's your problem, right here. Miiverse is butt-****ing ********.

Anyway, Sakurai's comment on the new Kid Icarus stage (real pretty, by the way) is pretty much exactly like his comment on Pyrosphere, and that's simply advertising the stage with a proper description. I don't think Pyrosphere or That First Town(?) have any hold on Ridley or Palutena's chances. But I figure the rest of you folks are the same way.

It doesn't look like it takes place in Skyworld. It looks more like that it takes place in the Overworld Level of the NES game. The statue can be put up to the fact that it looks like it takes place in the human part of the Kid Icarusverse. (humans building statues of their gods)

...isn't there every chance that it's just as well one of the towns from Uprising? I don't really see anything in that picture that screams "I'M FROM THE FIRST ONE".

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Like I said, most likely Palutena will be revealed at around February or even more likely in March. When looking back at Rosalina being revealed around a month after the confirmation of the Galaxy stage... you see the potential pattern. But hey, if she gets here earlier, we're gonna be in for an uprising of hype.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Too bad for space dragon fans, Palutena is taking over. She has taken over since that potential leak exactly 1 week ago, and now look at her taking over again today, just because of her statue on that new epic HD stage. The Uprising of Palutena has begun.

Heh, Uprising puns. :p

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Too bad for space dragon fans, Palutena is taking over. She has taken over since that potential leak exactly 1 week ago, and now look at her taking over again today, just because of her statue on that new epic HD stage. The Uprising of Palutena has begun.

I didn't expect that from Palutena, this is Revolting.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The whole "She's watching over the arena" seems like a double pun. Like, Palutena herself is literally watching. Waiting to jump in!

If she does get confirmed soon, what do you think her pun in the trailer in? "Palutena rises up!"

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
...isn't there every chance that it's just as well one of the towns from Uprising? I don't really see anything in that picture that screams "I'M FROM THE FIRST ONE".
And theres nothing that implies it's from Uprising either. Using the art style of a newer game in a series on a stage that MIGHT/MOST LIKELY will represent the only console Kid Icarus game is something people need to consider since that art style is now part of the series.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I made an observation and made my thoughts in that leaks thread. Here's my post, and see what you think.

I actually think it is from Uprising mostly.
About the part where I said that it looks cleaner as opposed to the dullness of Chapter 20 of that game has shown (which was the opposite of Mushroomy Kingdom, where it was a duller version of a Mario stage), that we established. However, I remembered that Skyworld is made up of more than 1 island. In the flying portion of Ch.18, Palutena (large hologram version) throws an arena similar to the one in the background (except looks more damaged) at you. So I would assume the thing in the background is one of many arenas that's on one of the different islands in Skyworld. I think even the Skyworld stage from Brawl is shown having different islands in the background, too.

In conclusion, I am putting my thoughts on this stage being Palutena's Temple from KIU, indicated by the statue with wings that was also shown in Ch.20 from Uprising, and from what I said above.
So yea, I'm putting my money on it being Palutena's Temple from Uprising.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It's hard to tell, but it seems like her bracelets from the "leak" do not match the ones on the statue. I suppose that doesn't really mean anything, though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'm honestly grateful. It's not always fun when your favorite potential newcomer is constantly in the spotlight for both supporters and detractors to go at. It's nice to have a breath of fresh air with someone like Palutena who simply doesn't spread any kind of hate.

Top Bottom