• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
I love Palutena, and after pits new game hes sure to get a new rep. Lets not forget Magnus or Pittoo, both of them can fight. And there are so many weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising that in no way does Pittoo have to be a clone

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Huh, it says her body is about that of a 22 year old. Interesting.

Need to get the game so I'll stop spoiling it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just sort of find it nice that Sakurai went through the trouble of redesigning Palutena for Brawl when he by no means had to. Pretty cool of him, imo.

D

Deleted member

He redesigned Mach Rider in Melee and he was only a trophy. :awesome:
Well, Mach Rider was his "favorite character" to be in "Smash 2", so it should come to reason that he would make such a cool redesign.
And said redesign should be used for Smash 4, when Sakurai finally adds him :awesome:.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ah must have missed a few of her Melee attacks. Still the more options the better, add the ones I missed in and she has the most ranged and melee out of all the bosses in the game.

Huh, it says her body is about that of a 22 year old. Interesting.
22? I'm cool with that. :pimp:

Hm?

Thought Pit in Brawl and Uprising looked older.
I would have guessed Pit to be around 15 the way he looks, oh well, probably some sort of angels age less than humans thing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aw really. Ugh, screw it. For japanese, the ages don't matter when it comes to character design. (-= ´0-);

*Looks at Lyn's trophy from Brawl stating she's 15 years old*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could be wrong, but wasn't it a translation error that made her 15?

Either way, 22 works. :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind that she only looks 22. It's possibly that she is actually thousands of years old since she's a goddess. Same could be applied for all the other gods and goddesses too.

Even Viridi blatantly states that she is immortal, implying that the gods cannot die of age.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was gonna mention something about the Japanese like to make teenage and what not look way older than they are, but I couldn't find the post to quote.

This one and Shulk's are so up and down.
I could be wrong, but wasn't it a translation error that made her 15?
Yeah. I think she's suppose to be 18.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
NP: Why did you include the option to offer hearts to Palutena? Do you really not receive a reward for giving her hearts?

Sakurai: I added that feature when I got the sense that players were feeling more affection toward the characters than what I, as the creator, had anticipated. I've been observing how players react to the feature, and despite being told they won't get anything for it, people seem to enjoy offering lots of hearts to Palutena. That's true of myself, too. When I got the million-heart reward for clearing every stage on intensity 9.0, I gave them all to Viridi. Of course, I knew that there wasn't any point to it, but it was still kind of satisfying.
Just saw this quote on some Uprising related sites. Probably doesn't mean too much, but it's interesting none the less.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Geez, Sakurai should have offered to mail Palutena pillows to players that gave their hearts to Palutena.

PROBABLY THE MARKET HE'S GOING FOR.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of course people would rather give out hearts to Palutena. I mean who would give out hearts to a mass murdering hippie like Viridi?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For some reason I wound up giving about as many hearts to Palutena as I spent on weapons and stuff. :laugh:
I knew it wouldn't amount to anything, but I just couldn't stop. :awesome:

And I'd love a Palutena pillow, but probably not for the same reason that other people who gave her hearts would. :rolleyes::woman::nervous:
I'm always the wrong demographic. :ohwell::urg:;)

I'm also jelly of Sakurai being able to beat every level on 9.0, but it's not that surprising, he is entertainer. :shades::chuckle:
I'm not jelly of him giving all his hearts to Viridi. I don't understand why people like her. :dizzy:

edit: Wow, I don't think I added enough emoticons...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe I should have said Palutena mousepad instead. Have fun with that, fudge... fud9e? fudg3? Your gimmick doesn't work too well with that.

Also I tend to give her hearts to round out the number. Though it's Viridi since I prefer her background thingy more. That's too bad.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I have no interest in any of those mousepads, lol. I do think they're hilarious though.
FUDG3 probably works the best, but I'm sure you'll come up with another, better, way to make fun of me. :p

Personally I found Viridi annoying and it made me miss Palutena. However, I will admit that she's an interesting character, like pretty much all of the KI cast. Sakurai did quite a good job at making all their personalities different while still appealing to all different kinds of fanservice. ;):awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai did quite a good job at making all their personalities different while still appealing to all different kinds of fanservice. ;):awesome:
Yep, and based on that quote he seems to know it. If anything I posted that as more evidence/support towards a KI newcomer rather than just Palutena in particular (though it does apply to her the most).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yep, and based on that quote he seems to know it. If anything I posted that as more evidence/support towards a KI newcomer rather than just Palutena in particular (though it does apply to her the most).
I wouldn't be surprised. Kid Icarus is defiantly a series that could do for a character or two.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just an observation of mine: I find it sort of funny that this thread is so slow-moving. I guess we Palutena supporters are just so certain she'll be in the game, haha.

I'll hopefully get a 3DS and Uprising this Christmas.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
When I saw your post @Opossum, I realized I haven't seen this thread at all! I feel like more controversial and less likely character threads get more attention since there's more debate

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This may not mean much, but when I did a poll at GameFAQs asking who their most wanted female newcomer for Smash 4 was, Palutena basically got by far the most votes. No other character came close to her.

I suspect the reason why there are no vocal Palutena supporters is due to the fact that everyone pretty much expects her to be in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can you link to the poll by any chance, Chrono? I'd enjoy seeing it.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
That's how I feel. I've seen her inclusion and name brought up in many other threads around here, so it's apparent that alot of people just assume she'll be there

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think she should be in, but with this popularity I am starting to expect her in smash. It's still difficult for me to adjust my roster...

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
That's what I've been wondering: How much of her popularity is from people wanting her & how much is from people expecting her (not necessarily wanting her, but are willing to accept she'll be in)?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
scrap poopoo and bananna.. they suck there stage sucks there music suck..

Pit got revived these 2 will never.scrap em!

no one will miss em :phone:.

Top Bottom