• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Words cannot describe how happy a was, and still am about the Kid Icarus Uprising codecs.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have confidence in the Pit codecs. I want to hear Pit's and Palutena's the most, and Samus (both). My imagination wants me to see Pit tell Palutena about Samus due to gaming history.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Uprising Codecs? Uprising Codecs!

Please let there be "Hades!" "Pit!" "HADES!" "PIT!"

Burigu

Smash Ace
You have a point. I just feel like I push myself too hard like I often do, and that's not healthy. I try to relax, but consider bullies, arrogant jerks (most who use top tiers), tiers, Palutena being bashed for supposedly being a bad character when she isn't, and well, other stuff. All that really hurts me, and it's hard to control it. I could probably relax once I feel better, but it'll take a while.
At least the stream is nice.
You should try to play more with random people than people you know are going to make fun of you if you lose. When I start to get frustrated I start to play worse, the better thing to do is to put down the system.

On another note: Uprising codecs confirmed! I am sure no one else have said that, AND DESTROYED SKYWORLD confirmed as music, AND SKYWORLD CONFIRMED TO RETURN

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You should try to play more with random people than people you know are going to make fun of you if you lose. When I start to get frustrated I start to play worse, the better thing to do is to put down the system.

On another note: Uprising codecs confirmed! I am sure no one else have said that, AND DESTROYED SKYWORLD confirmed as music, AND SKYWORLD CONFIRMED TO RETURN
So gooood~ I love that chapter in Uprising and its music ois among my favourite soundtracks in the game!

Burigu

Smash Ace
So gooood~ I love that chapter in Uprising and its music ois among my favourite soundtracks in the game!
I hope (if it is a remix) it does justice to this music, I was a little bit dissapointed that 3DS only got 2 remixes and 2 versions of Dark Pit's theme, I expect Wii U to fix this. Keeps fingers crossed for a Boss Battle 2 REMIX

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
What a good day, what a good day. Some many wonderful things happen today. I saw that amazing Naruto Manga chapter, finally got my missing packages, and than the Smash Direct. Saw some of those amazing Wii U exclusives. Finally, finally, FINALLY, saw Ridley as a BOSS character. That debate went on way too long, but now it is finally over. Than we saw those..........sniff.......beautiful Kid Icarus Uprising codecs, some more Smash Wii U goodness, and than we saw MEWTWO. :OOOO My body was not ready for this. Best Thursday of my life. :')

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
While I expected them to be in, it's good to see it has been confirmed. Unfortunate Medusa and Hades don't seem like to make an appearance as well, but you can't win them all.
So, are we expecting other guest codecs than Chrom?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We got some codec pics for the time being!

Definitely has to be about Ganon, but I don't see Pit anywhere on the stage or the icon of him down there.

That's the Luigi one indeed.

Oh, poor Pit-kun. D:

So that "Pseudo Palutena" battle reference?

We all love the "hurty-looking" things.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That first one doesn't have Pit, Pittoo, or Palutena in it so I'm guessing they aren't the trigger for the codecs? (won't be able to watch the Video until tuesday)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The video did say use Pit's D-taunt in Palutena's Temple. Maybe there's a secret way to do it, but for now, I just wanna hear em all.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We got some codec pics for the time being!

Definitely has to be about Ganon, but I don't see Pit anywhere on the stage or the icon of him down there.

That's the Luigi one indeed.

Oh, poor Pit-kun. D:

So that "Pseudo Palutena" battle reference?

We all love the "hurty-looking" things.
The Reyn-esque comment on the Monado and Pit commenting on DK's peculiar fashion sense are my favourite quips easily~

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
If Doc Louis doesn't happen.......

He's the reason why I like Little Mac's inclusion.

Chrom's addition ruined my mood.
No offense but if Chrom ruin your mood then your mood is ruined over something so meaningless. What is wrong about it? Kid Icarus being a very funny franchise is a perfect opportunity for other guess characters to show up in the conversation if anything Chrom's inclusion make things better and never the other way around.

Personally I really dislike Doc Louis and Little Mac and most of the things related to Punch Out! mostly because of the design of the characters than anything, that said if Doc Louis indeed appears as a special guest on the Uprising stage, that would never ruin my day, this only show up the among of time, love and detail, Sakurai and his team are putting in the Wii U version, for me more stuff is never going to be a reason to be dissapointed, they could have added just Palutena and Viridi and be done with it but no they went the extra mile by putting Chrom there and it's very likely other guest characters are also going to show up.

Smash is a celebration and the more characters are in it the best, Chrom is deserving of the attention and this is the best next thing for not being playable.
Smash is a clash of worlds and characters that otherwise wouldn't meet each other, that is why this series is so loved and liked
Smash is at the moment our only hope to see the characters from Kid Icarus interacting again (since you know Sakurai said he isn't working on the franchise again)
Little details like this are to be praised and liked.

On another note I am shocked to learn that Hynden Walch IS not Viridi's voice actress this time around it is Julie Parker, like with Brandy Kopp I am glad to see they found talented mimics to take over the original voice actress.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
No offense but if Chrom ruin your mood then your mood is ruined over something so meaningless. What is wrong about it? Kid Icarus being a very funny franchise is a perfect opportunity for other guess characters to show up in the conversation if anything Chrom's inclusion make things better and never the other way around.

Personally I really dislike Doc Louis and Little Mac and most of the things related to Punch Out! mostly because of the design of the characters than anything, that said if Doc Louis indeed appears as a special guest on the Uprising stage, that would never ruin my day, this only show up the among of time, love and detail, Sakurai and his team are putting in the Wii U version, for me more stuff is never going to be a reason to be dissapointed, they could have added just Palutena and Viridi and be done with it but no they went the extra mile by putting Chrom there and it's very likely other guest characters are also going to show up.

Smash is a celebration and the more characters are in it the best, Chrom is deserving of the attention and this is the best next thing for not being playable.
Smash is a clash of worlds and characters that otherwise wouldn't meet each other, that is why this series is so loved and liked
Smash is at the moment our only hope to see the characters from Kid Icarus interacting again (since you know Sakurai said he isn't working on the franchise again)
Little details like this are to be praised and liked.

On another note I am shocked to learn that Hynden Walch IS not Viridi's voice actress this time around it is Julie Parker, like with Brandy Kopp I am glad to see they found talented mimics to take over the original voice actress.

I think Chrom is one of the most bland characters out of Nintendo's history, and out of the wide range of Fire Emblem characters, he is one of the worst. Plus, since it's Chrom, he will probably be the one talking when it's Lucina that's Pit's opponent, which is disappointing because she's one of my mains. I'd much rather prefer Elincia, Mist, or Micaiah during Pit's battle with Ike.

Hopefully he isn't giving advice like Slippy did in Snake vs Falco. Because it'd be against his teammate or against his daughter.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wait, what?!

That's...actually incredible.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
@ Burigu Burigu I think you're mistaken about Viridi's voice actress. I'm listening to the Palutena Guidance segment of the Direct again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNqMlZy4ek) and I'm preeeeetty sure that's Hynden Walch right there. Brandy Kopp sounds clone enough to Ali Hillis, but I can tell it isn't quite her. What I'm listening here sounds 100% exactly like how Hynden voiced Viridi in Uprising. I believe Julie Parker only does her voice on the Reset Bomb stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Add Oliamr to the cheap list that I hate. He's still the same, just not as spammy.

Burigu

Smash Ace
@ Burigu Burigu I think you're mistaken about Viridi's voice actress. I'm listening to the Palutena Guidance segment of the Direct again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNqMlZy4ek) and I'm preeeeetty sure that's Hynden Walch right there. Brandy Kopp sounds clone enough to Ali Hillis, but I can tell it isn't quite her. What I'm listening here sounds 100% exactly like how Hynden voiced Viridi in Uprising. I believe Julie Parker only does her voice on the Reset Bomb stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Every site which credit Viridi's voice actress in Smash mention Julie Parker as Viridi's voice actress, I mean yeah it could be different on the Wii U version, but think about it. I highly douth that Nintendo would hire Julie to do a pair of clips on the 3ds version when Hynden supposedly DID Viridi in the Palutena trailer when they could have just ripped the same quote from Uprising.

Take Palutena as an example of this, Ali Hillis claims she wasn't available to do Palutena for the trailer, so Brandy Kopp took her place, given that the Wii U version is released latter Ali Hillis could have taken over the role again but I am sure Palutena is still voiced by Brandy Kopp in the Wii U version.

Quoting Viridi: "Anything is possible" but I don't see Nintendo hiring 2 voice actress for a NPC supporting even more by the fact they could have simply used Uprising voice clips. Only the Wii U version credits can give us a definitive answer.

About Brandy Kopp I never released it wasn't Ali Hillis until the latter made that clear in a tweet, I can say I hear a difference but that is just because I know she isn't the original but if I never learned she wasn't Ali then I wouldn't have never tell it was a different person. The same with Peach voice actress which I never guessed there have been like 3 different people since 2000. (given that since Sunshine she rarely speak in full sentences is something to consider thought)

I think Chrom is one of the most bland characters out of Nintendo's history, and out of the wide range of Fire Emblem characters, he is one of the worst. Plus, since it's Chrom, he will probably be the one talking when it's Lucina that's Pit's opponent, which is disappointing because she's one of my mains. I'd much rather prefer Elincia, Mist, or Micaiah during Pit's battle with Ike.

Hopefully he isn't giving advice like Slippy did in Snake vs Falco. Because it'd be against his teammate or against his daughter.
I understand people not liking a character, and I am fine with that, myself I wouldn't call Chrom one of the most bland characters I can see him as a cliche character (almost all of the FE protagonist share the same traits to a degree) but there is nothing wrong with that in my book, and taking into account the dozens of filler characters Fire Emblem has even in the series he is not definetely at the bottom, I am going as far as to say that as a character Chrom is more developed than Marth and on equal level to Ephaim and Hector.

In the video Chrom is there when Pit is fighting Robin not Lucina and even if he shows up he seems to be antagonizing Palutena not giving advice... I don't think special guest are going to appear for Ike and Marth, I can't tell why someone would be dissapoined about Chrom appearing in Lucina's conversation given that it's her only 100% canon parent, I would call Sumia the canon mother since the intro and the "Lovebirds" cutscene, but I don't see Sumia appearing so Chrom is the most logic choice to appear talking with Palutena, Pit and the others.

Wait, what?!

That's...actually incredible.
Well it's credited as that so far I am almost certain this is going to be the case for the Wii U version but only time can tell if Hynden somehow appears, most of my reasons I already mentioned them above.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's an odd thing to say, considering Olimar is another character that's been considered to be bottom tier.
Unfortunately my unstable personality against the overall rotten community of the other place drives me crazy. I hate a lot of the characters, and held grudges from Brawl. Palutena and Pit being underwhelming makes me feel depressed sometimes. It almost makes me only want to play with the Palutena boards residents whenever my emotions are at least calm, which doesn't happen often these days.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Unfortunately my unstable personality against the overall rotten community of the other place drives me crazy. I hate a lot of the characters, and held grudges from Brawl. Palutena and Pit being underwhelming makes me feel depressed sometimes. It almost makes me only want to play with the Palutena boards residents whenever my emotions are at least calm, which doesn't happen often these days.
You need to count to 10, take a huge break and ask for:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

That was cute and nice of you. I appreciate it. It's just my personality overall that manifested because of all the jerks that's also part of the curse. Maybe it's also the community that's evil, and other things. I need to be in a safer and calmer environment. Even needing an artist can help.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

*Rimshot*

I'm not sure what community you're referring to, my friend, but maybe it's best to just distance yourself from it for the time being? If you're getting stressed and taking it at face value that thse characters arre "underwhelming", then you're just going to upset yourself and steress out over nothing. That does kind of defeat the purpose of the game, which is supposed to be fun.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
hehe it cannot be worst than being a pokemon trainer main in brawl. Have fun with Palutena.

When the WiiU version goes out il try her

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
hehe it cannot be worst than being a pokemon trainer main in brawl. Have fun with Palutena.

When the WiiU version goes out il try her
I'll take your word for it. D:
HD Pit and Palutena, I must imagine it now, and special art of my wanting.

And art with fun about the codecs! Never forget the codecs! <3

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
*Rimshot*

I'm not sure what community you're referring to, my friend, but maybe it's best to just distance yourself from it for the time being? If you're getting stressed and taking it at face value that thse characters arre "underwhelming", then you're just going to upset yourself and steress out over nothing. That does kind of defeat the purpose of the game, which is supposed to be fun.
I think you quoted the wrong person here :laugh: unless the rimshot was the only portion addressing me

Top Bottom