• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will only use the default moves. I am not interested in customs since those moves are banned in For Glory.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I will only use the default moves. I am not interested in customs since those moves are banned in For Glory.
Living on the edge. I like it.

It's too early for me to say what moves I'll use for Ladypal. I'll experiment with all of them and figure out which customs in which combinations suit my playing style.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
True. However, I think we should still consider trying out those moves. One never knows what the end format will be for tournaments. Especially when jump glide seems so good. Although, I will be focusing on the default moves for now as well.

On another note, the default move set looks good as well. I think one should focus on learning a few things at a time; and it should be good to start out.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is not living on the edge. It is not like I have a choice of using the custom moves or not. They are banned.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Yeah, honestly I'm a little bummed that nobody has the freedom to use custom moves in For Glory

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least you can still use em with friends, I think. >_< That's where some great fun and experiments shall happen.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For glory is to me just random wasting of time when I want to practice online and have no one else to play with.

Serious play is with friends and people, and by god that needs to include customizable moves. It'll be a shame if the competitive scene ignores them because "for glory"

Tristan_win

Not dead.
For glory is to me just random wasting of time when I want to practice online and have no one else to play with.

Serious play is with friends and people, and by god that needs to include customizable moves. It'll be a shame if the competitive scene ignores them because "for glory"
I don't think that's going to happen as there seem to be a overwhelming amount of people who want them to be in if only for it being new to the series and with none of them (beside maybe celestial fireworks or Charazards variation down B that has like a snake utilt range spike) to appear broken it's going to be hard to logically argue them to not be in competitive play. The only thing holding custom moves back is the prolong process it takes to unlock them which isn't a issue on your own personal 3DS that the player can be hold responsible for. Even for the 3DS we already have a trick thanks to @ NinjaLink NinjaLink to quicken the process and if its discovered you can transfer your unlocks to your WiiU like some are speculating then that last obstacle will be gone....

Also and please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Palutena customs unlock from the beginning? If they are then even if the whole community throws custom moves into the garbage Palutena mains and supporters (like me =D) could argue the point for at least hers to be allowed.

edit: This is unrelated but devaintart has some amazing Palutena pictures.
edit2:
I personally really like the 2nd one. If I didn't just finish cleaning up my current avatar I would be using that right now.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure Palutena's customs are available at the beginning unless proven wrong. And I still think the people should give customs a chance. I mean sure it's time-consuming for players to get customs, but the fact that her customs are there at the start should let Palutena use them at the very least. But then I worry about some saying it's unfair that she'd be the only one to use them despite having them. It is early in the game so far before basic rules can be made, but I still think it should be used so we can figure out the rules regarding it better.

Long story short, let Palutena use the customs. It seems biased, but I rather push for her to be used to her full potential than be used while she feels handicapped. It's her gimmick and it needs to be allowed to me. However, maybe the Wii U version will allow it, I don't know, or maybe I'm just sad.

And this site going on and off or something is making me sad. D:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Is there a reason other sub-forums have a bunch of stickies and organization while this one feels a bit barren? Is it just the matter of there not being a mod hovering around here?

Makes me sad. Can't wait to have everything neatly catalogued and stickied for posterity. At the least soon we'll finally get the game.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Is there a reason other sub-forums have a bunch of stickies and organization while this one feels a bit barren? Is it just the matter of there not being a mod hovering around here?

Makes me sad. Can't wait to have everything neatly catalogued and stickied for posterity. At the least soon we'll finally get the game.
Tbh i assumed Aero would lmao. Still, if someone wants to put the time in and make the major threads, then I'd hapily sticky them if they're done well. If not ill try to clean this up around Friday, but its good if one or more of you take the intiative too : )

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349

I totally agree; I've been waiting for it to happen for a while now lol

the typical stickied threads I see are a social thread, video thread, matchup discussion, and moveset/a detailed guide to the character. *cough*we have a video thread already*cough* and that matchup thread idea that you had earlier could probably serve well as a sticky!

It's kind of hard to make a guide yet since most of us haven't played the game though

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It is not living on the edge. It is not like I have a choice of using the custom moves or not. They are banned.
I was joking. I'm just saying, I'm impressed that you're willing to stick to your guns if you're serious about getting ready for the For Glory mode.

I totally agree; I've been waiting for it to happen for a while now lol

the typical stickied threads I see are a social thread, video thread, matchup discussion, and moveset/a detailed guide to the character. *cough*we have a video thread already*cough* and that matchup thread idea that you had earlier could probably serve well as a sticky!

It's kind of hard to make a guide yet since most of us haven't played the game though
And what a fine video thread it is indeed! Whomever made that should bear our highest praises and adulations!

No but seriously thanks for making it. This place is a little empty right now, so it's nice to see some devoted fans keeping the faith while we wait for the game's release.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Regardless, something like what I had done for the Luigi boards back in the day can be created as soon as the game launches.

The Green Machine: A Luigi Strategy Guide

In Summary, it is a guide that includes basic concepts and terminology. It also has data for Luigi's moves; frame data (by Magus420), move percentage damage, knock back, small analysis etc. As time progressed, the guide was updated as well.

Anyways, something like that can be done and then it can be updated with all the information that comes in later on for Palutena. In fact, a template could be created before the game launches with the information we know and then update that later.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Of the top of my head, we could use these threads.

- Matchup Discussion (post this on Friday)
- Simple Question, Simple Answer
- Moveset Analysis (thinking something like this would be like what Aero did but more comprehensive)
- Turn this thread into the Palutena social
- Sticky the video thread

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It disappoints me that warp is palutenas default recovery, although it is my favorite power in uprising. The moveset I'll use is

Explosive flame

Reflect barrier

Jump glide

Celestial Firework

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then I was misinformed about about her not starting out with all her customs. I'm sad now. D:
I'm still gonna fight for using her customs a bit, but I guess I should learn the default one first. D:

For the improvements on making the threads, I probably won't be able to do it like I tried with the Brawl Pit boards, but maybe I can try coming up with a few names.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutenas customs are the only ones unlocked from the start if anyone has doubts.
Then I was right all along. Thanks for confirming it and boosting my spirits once again. I still hope hers are at least legal for that reason. And I know who I'll be working with in Training mode for like 30 minutes when I get the game... :4palutena:

Yep. Coincidentally I was with Bowser first in training mode for 30 mins in Brawl, so... But now I have a lot of stuff to work with this time.

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I enjoyed all of the games. I actually saw them on the Twitch Archives before they came out. I did take notes and I learned a lot from you! I think you played a bit scared vs Lil Mac which is understandable, but I think you gave him too much room & a mental advantage. Watch your landings vs Lil Mac and don't be afraid to throw out well spaced tilts to control space. Don't be afraid to grab Lil Mac either. I think you can punish landings better vs Sheik/Lil Mac by following them in the air better and closely watching your positioning more. Other than that, you did great, and I got 20 lines of notes from your matches if that means anything to you.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It's really dumb that you can get duplicate custom parts, especially Palutena's since they're all around from the beginning.

How do you guys want to divide the work for the stickies? I'm game to take a thread on but I don't want to take on all of them in case someone else wants one of the info threads.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Soon 4 days only to go fellow army men. I finally got out of my graduation exams and decided to pop in here to see more things on Palutena.

Still very pleased with where she's going. I find it hilarious how she can shut down most projectile-reliant people. The dodge teleports are coming quite in attention on me as well. But goshers, she is sometimes blazing fast. More on just to make Zelda look bad in comparison.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hmm. If I was probably to make a thread, it'd probably be one of the matchup ones. Back in the Brawl Pit times, we had separate threads for (most of) each matchup for individual discussions, even though there were trolls in some of those, so yea... and few were calm. So it's up to you on how we'll be doing matchups: Either in an order in a single thread, or multiple ones while one of them links the others for easy access. It'll take more space, but better organizing while being able to discuss more than one matchup at once.
Should we think of witty titles for each matchup routine or just make it simple?
Example of random titles:

"Against Your Own Captain: vs Pit"
"A Divine Reflection: vs Palutena" (yep, it's dittos)

I'm still working on it. We could also use sigs, avies, and banners as a promotional thing for Palutena. I have more ideas if you wish to hear of em.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If it's simple, then the OP should also have a 2nd or even a 3rd post in case we have too much info, and I feel that's the case as I kinda have plans, like how is the "Palutena v character X" matchup like regularly, and the same thing, but with custom moves added to the equation. I know Customs probably don't matter now, but it doesn't hurt to get a small start on it.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I think you are mistaken on how important customs are to Palutena.

I think you should consider doing the Matchup thread like they do for Street Fighter 4 character threads.

For example you'd see things like:

Ryu vs. Ken
Preferred Ultra: Ultra 1
Strategy: ....

So for Palutena you could so something to the effect of:

Palutena vs. Pit
Preferred Moveset: Neutral B#2, Up B#2, Side B#1, Down B#3

Strategy w/ Default Moveset: ...
Strategy w/ Preferred Moveset: ...

There is a lot of room for you to display a wealth of information. Don't discount something outright like customs either since a fair amount of tournaments (at least in the Mid-Atlantic and North East, as well as tentatively Apex at the moment) are using them.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Um, I kind of already made a match up thread, been there for some time and I even asked here about when to update it and get it running ..

@AdmiralPit you even posted in it T_T

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Tbh i assumed Aero would lmao. Still, if someone wants to put the time in and make the major threads, then I'd hapily sticky them if they're done well. If not ill try to clean this up around Friday, but its good if one or more of you take the intiative too : )
I would like to but I am not a mod so this is in your capable hands

I think you are mistaken on how important customs are to Palutena.

I think you should consider doing the Matchup thread like they do for Street Fighter 4 character threads.

For example you'd see things like:

Ryu vs. Ken
Preferred Ultra: Ultra 1
Strategy: ....

So for Palutena you could so something to the effect of:

Palutena vs. Pit
Preferred Moveset: Neutral B#2, Up B#2, Side B#1, Down B#3

Strategy w/ Default Moveset: ...
Strategy w/ Preferred Moveset: ...

There is a lot of room for you to display a wealth of information. Don't discount something outright like customs either since a fair amount of tournaments (at least in the Mid-Atlantic and North East, as well as tentatively Apex at the moment) are using them.
This looks like how Smogon do their strategy dex, it can be really helpful on the down side, these discorage the use of creativity by people, not saying it's a bad thing at all, standards are standars for a reason because they work, it's just that sometimes people get to concentrated with what is the best, that anyone trying to bring up an alternative is labelled as a noob, hope this doesn't happen here.

Now threads that for me would be more helpful stickied
  • This thread
  • Video thread (already existing)
  • Match ups thread (already existing)

Anything else for me it's just a bonus, I am not sure if a Q&A thread is a must to get a stick, sometimes those threads get spammed with the same question over and over and over again, this thread could be ok, for questions or commentary not related to the other 2 threads the video one and the match up one, so this the very thread that started it all fall into obscurity.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ TsuKiyoMe TsuKiyoMe
And that's why I'm pushing for customs to be used for it can provide even more data. It is a good idea, and as an option, tell us how effective one of the custom specials. Like here's an example that I'm visoning in my mind.

-How effective is Celestial Fireworks against Pit? (rating outta 10 goes here)
Pit seems to be effective in the air with his aerials. Like Palutena, the angel can't do much if the opponent is below him. Celestial Fireworks can prove to be a great move to use to not only to stop aerial approaches, but it's one of Palutena's best moves to use on the Battlefield platforms, not to mention it being a potential KO move. Just be careful on mistiming it especially if Pit anticipates it with the Upperdash Arm, and you're at KO percents, or alternatively, he can use an arrow for free damage.

Don't take all this as true yet. It's just an example. The format can change, so that's why I kinda wanna collaborate on ideas.
And let's not forget banners, avies, and sigs for Palutena promotion! I'll give you ideas for that later.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
How well does she fare in Close Combat?
Just saw that this got buried under a ton of posts.

I'm not going to lie to you, her options up close are really poor outside of shield, roll, grab, & jab (standard for everyone). She wants to keep people at midrange as her tilts reach reasonably far but are very slow. Her universally best option I would guess is Dash Attack but that may not come out fast enough or they may be too close to use it. The move is projectile invulnerable though and it does send them flying so it's good for either chasing with aerials or re-establishing a mid range game, where she outranges most character's normals.

Depending on setup, Counter is good, as is Up B#3. Up B#3 is the worst of her recoveries in terms of distance traveled but it does deal 10% and it can kill characters, making it a great out of shield option. If you're using Up B#3 though, you lose access to Up B#2 (Glide) which means you cannot pressure with IAD (Instant Air Dash) FAir into Jab/Grab/Up Tilt/Up Smash from neutral. Down B#3 (Fireworks) is full body invulnerable on start up so consider it another out of shield option that's strong (this is why I use it over Counter in almost all cases).

All of her aerials are really strong though. Abuse the fact that she has one of the best FAirs in the entire game (7%, stupid fast, great range, almost no knockback, auto cancels on landing) and people shouldn't be right up in your face.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Link is broken, unfortunately. I would love to hear the English voices though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom