• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Luminario

Smash Lord
Could you be very kind and elaborate on the Warp part? why it is better? more distance? no helpless state? the streamer yesterday was just terrible so I didn't get any great conclusions, just that Autoreticle is fast and can be aimend and that reflect barrier ending lag isn't bad
It seemed just as quick as Mewtwo's only it went further. It MIGHT have grabbed onto the ledge straight away like how Farore's Wind works now but I can't say for sure. Also not sure on the helpless state since she only used it to recover but I'd say it probably does. I'm not really being that helpful here but if it comes up again I'll tell you lot.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly aside from the victory pose wishes and all, I want a full and in-depth showcase of her moves. I must see that kick. Unfortunately no one's willing to stream it, or at least there's too much spam in the streams for me to actually ask my request. It's painful waiting.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
It saddens me that no one is trying her out as much. But I guess we will just have to keep waiting. I digress, any thoughts on Dark Pit? (lol Black Pit)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I watched her gameplay earlier today. Her wing attack (f-smash?) is SO good. I love it.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I watched her gameplay earlier today. Her wing attack (f-smash?) is SO good. I love it.
You are right I heard some people saying wings smashes sucks but it is totally the opposite they are great! :4palutena:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i saw her in one of the battles but CPU's don't like to use different attacks much lol..
Also her jump height is pretty good.

And just missed a Giant Palutena battle :(

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Still waiting on that Palutena move and victory taunt showcase. I kinda need to nap to make up for being up all night on one of the streams. If there's some Pit or Palutena goodness, please let me know.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
well right now Gema is doing quick battles so if the CPU gets Palutena we'll see her Victory taunt

and nothing the only one that got Palutena was Gema and didn't win the battle..

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
So I found gameplay of Palutena vs Master Hand. Got her telepot, fair kick and bair shield bash and somewhere in there is her dair. Also through the credits he does up tilt and some other moves. If anyone wants to see the taunts they're right at the end (that is clearly a celestial pole dancing taunt and I love it)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Her mobility is really good.
Can anyone pinpoint when she does her Dair?
Also I'm liking her Utilt being able to move her Hurtboxes by that much.. (judging by looks)
Up smash is op against the credits lol.

I got the time she does Dair at 4:01

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Her mobility is really good.
Can anyone pinpoint when she does her Dair?
Also I'm liking her Utilt being able to move her Hurtboxes by that much.. (judging by looks)
Up smash is op against the credits lol.

I got the time she does Dair at 4:01
That might have been nair instead. We need more footage of Palutena to know for sure. I wonder if Heavenly Light would work against Master Hand and the credits really well.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It might have been. we can't see the other side where her staff is spinning that well..

it probably will do wonders against both lol

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wow, she just looks better every time I see her!

Definitely maining her. As though there were any doubts in the first place.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So I found gameplay of Palutena vs Master Hand. Got her telepot, fair kick and bair shield bash and somewhere in there is her dair. Also through the credits he does up tilt and some other moves. If anyone wants to see the taunts they're right at the end (that is clearly a celestial pole dancing taunt and I love it)
I got annoyed by him not completing the image in the credits he just keep using UP Smash on the same place, Complete the image dude!! :mad: (that is what I was thinking) also UP SMASH pass walls or they block the light?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We need more Palutena testing. I now have a new batch of stuff that I'm after.

-Does Palutena's U-smash and Heavenly Light go through walls?
-I want to see Lightweight and Super Speed's traits, and how she goes when she jumps. Can the moves be used in the air as a potential recovery support?
-Angelic Missile's properties, and is it a potential reliable horizontal recovery move?
-Jump Glide and what moves you can use while under its effects.
-Her throws. WHERE ARE HER THROWS!?
-Some Palutena combos?
-Some secrets thing Palutena sort of like wondering about if codecs are really there.
-What she says during her taunts and victory poses, not to mention I need to see victory poses.
-A full demonstration and showcase of all her moves. I probably said it before, but it's important.
-Spam rate of some moves, and if some aerials auto-cancel and how much their landing lag is, etc.
-Move damage, power, and sweetspots if there's any.
-Not as important, but curiosity on how she holds and uses items, her dizzy, sleeping, and other animations, including "get-up" attacks from the ledge and floor (face down and face up).. I'll walk someone through if they ever do this.

Someone may have to slow down the speed during training mode often to get a closer look at some things, but I think it'll be worth it.for me and each of us who want to main the Goddess of Light. <3
:4palutena: It definitely will, and you know crazy I can be with wanting data. :4palutena:

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm so sad ... saw so much of the stream and I know more about Duck Hunt than about Palutena, who I only saw once in the entire thing as a weak CPU player.

*sees master hand video*

Ah crap, warp leaves you in helpless state. Dang it, it's like mewtwo's melee teleport all over again.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess ppl are too hyped about that... evil dog, but I personally despise him, almost as much as I despite the Miis. I know he's supposed to probably a be a "retro" replacement for the Ice Climbers due to issues with them or something, but what makes me sad is that not only were many of us and Japan were hyped about Palutena, yet there's so little footage of her.
We need a Palutena stream so I can go through the move tour request I have.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

-I want to see Lightweight and Super Speed's traits, and how she goes when she jumps. Can the moves be used in the air as a potential recovery support?
-Angelic Missile's properties, and is it a potential reliable horizontal recovery move?
-Some Palutena combos?
-Some secrets thing Palutena sort of like wondering about if codecs are really there.
-What she says during her taunts and victory poses, not to mention I need to see victory poses.
-A full demonstration and showcase of all her moves. I probably said it before, but it's important.
-Spam rate of some moves, and if some aerials auto-cancel and how much their landing lag is, etc.
-Not as important, but curiosity on how she holds and uses items, her dizzy, sleeping, and other animations, including "get-up" attacks from the ledge and floor (face down and face up).. I'll walk someone through if they ever do this.

Someone may have to slow down the speed during training mode often to get a closer look at some things, but I think it'll be worth it.for me and each of us who want to main the Goddess of Light. <3
:4palutena: It definitely will, and you know crazy I can be with wanting data. :4palutena:
soon (tm)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And Zelda's Farore's wind.. though i am used to it because of Zelda lol

Has warp been confirmed to auto grab the ledge while invisible?

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

-Some Palutena combos?

Note taken my friend. I got you.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Add this to the list this is really important

When are you going to get the game? 13th?
Tomorrow at 11:00AM EST Aka, the 12th here in America. The game will be 2 GB, so it shouldn't take too long. Which would you guys prefer, me telling you guys the info, or me making a Video on it? Although, this is probably a dumb question.

Last edited:

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no ones made a compilation of her movesets (as like, screenshots or something).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tomorrow at 11:00AM EST Aka, the 12th here in America. The game will be 2 GB, so it shouldn't take too long. Which would you guys prefer, me telling you guys the info, or me making a Video on it? Although, this is probably a dumb question.
A video. If it's a stream, I can ask the questions of my curiosity. It may also include Pit as well. *shivers*

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
A video. If it's a stream, I can ask the questions of my curiosity. It may also include Pit as well. *shivers*
Unfortunately, I can't do streams. Mainly because I don't know how to do them....and I don't have a capture card. I record everything on my HD camera. Here is a link to one of my videos on the smash demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VL_Y9BbY4g&list=UU4XfnWnsYwNtg48VkVQAj4w Just so you can see what you will be looking at. Sorry the camera looks crooked, I kinda rushed this one. The first one I think is a little better.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
"Does Palutena's U-Smash go through walls?"

I'm not sure what this question is exactly asking tbh, since there usually aren't that many walls and walls are vertical anyway, and this move goes vertical so it would just go parallel to a wall. I've seen it go through platforms and go through the wing on Corneria though, if that answers your question?

I've seen a decent chunk of Palutena footage in the past day, from streams on twitch and one on niconico. Palutena's D-Air looks almost the same as Pit's; it's a small swipe with her staff below her in an arc, if my eyes are seeing it correct. Tbh, it seems like her options when above the opponent are kind of limited. You'll probably want to stay to the left or right of your opponent most of the time.

Something else that's dawned on me... is that Palutena's staff, and Palutena herself, aren't as huge as I originally thought. Her hitboxes seemed smaller than they appear in her trailer...

However, she also seems faster than she looked in her trailer. So there's that

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I can't do streams. Mainly because I don't know how to do them....and I don't have a capture card. I record everything on my HD camera. Here is a link to one of my videos on the smash demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VL_Y9BbY4g&list=UU4XfnWnsYwNtg48VkVQAj4w Just so you can see what you will be looking at. Sorry the camera looks crooked, I kinda rushed this one. The first one I think is a little better.
Omg, a video would be amazing. I have work most of the day so I fear that I'll miss most streams anyway, but videos are eternal and if it's here, easy to find.

And while my main focus is definitely Palutena, I'm with Admiral Pit in that getting more pit info would be nice. Specifically, a detailed comparison of Pit and Dark Pit just to make the difference obvious, since I liked Pit in Brawl but I'm unsure which of the two would appeal most to me in this game. You know, in the spirit of loving all things Kid Icarus

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The "U-smash go throw walls" thing can also be a thing to know, especially since the Wii U version has more stages with "ceilings and walls" that can get in the way, like one of the parts in that Skyloft stage I think, but more-so Palutena's Temple. If things go well and if certain stages have walls, ceilings or higher platforms on them that are legal, we can use these things to prolong the time it takes for the opponent to get to Palutena, while still able to do something to them if they approach. That's also the potential I see in Heavenly Light if my thoughts about it are correct.

As for my focus on Pit is a similar moveset showcase, but my most curiosity about him is his non-arrow custom specials. There's still no info or footage about that. I must see his custom specials, and I'm crazy about it. T_T

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
The "U-smash go throw walls" thing can also be a thing to know, especially since the Wii U version has more stages with "ceilings and walls" that can get in the way, like one of the parts in that Skyloft stage I think, but more-so Palutena's Temple. If things go well and if certain stages have walls, ceilings or higher platforms on them that are legal, we can use these things to prolong the time it takes for the opponent to get to Palutena, while still able to do something to them if they approach. That's also the potential I see in Heavenly Light if my thoughts about it are correct.

As for my focus on Pit is a similar moveset showcase, but my most curiosity about him is his non-arrow custom specials. There's still no info or footage about that. I must see his custom specials, and I'm crazy about it. T_T
I guess it's safe to say the Pit was my second main in Brawl. So I definitely will cover him. I must.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I hope the quality is ok for you guys. Man I really wish I had a 3DS capture card. T_T If this was the Wii U, then I would be fine, but the 3DS requires you to send it to someone to install it for you. That's time I don't have. Once again, sorry.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I appreciate your support. I'm looking forward to it and all the footage just like Palutena (and Pit) deserves. Even a closeup of her costumes as an optional. >_<

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's that weird time in which after all the content being out there I'm ready to move from speculation part of the board and start living here and in the robin thread (and groups) ... but there's still no game and no way for me to go all out with match ups and all that jazz.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I don't mind living around the Palutena boards. Sadly the Pit one isn't loved much, but I still wander there from time to time. On the bright side, we're more sane than some of the other character boards.
I guess there's still sig and avy ideas for later or something else. Honestly idk what else there is to talk about sides the questions of my curiosity. D:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well, I don't mind living around the Palutena boards. Sadly the Pit one isn't loved much, but I still wander there from time to time. On the bright side, we're more sane than some of the other character boards.
I guess there's still sig and avy ideas for later or something else. Honestly idk what else there is to talk about sides the questions of my curiosity. D:
I actually feel some sadness that this area of the boards isn't as lively as the Robin thread. Sure, they got Hong coming up with social games and stuff there all the time, but I was hoping from speculation days that there was more Palutena/Kid Icarus love and it'd be crowded here.

OK, why not try?

What faction would you guys belong in and why?
Army of light - Palutena, Pit, Centurions
Forces of Nature - Viridi, Phosphora, Arlon, Craggalanche
Underworld Army - Hades, Thanatos, Medusa
Unaffiliated - Dark Pit, Magnus, Dog, Girl

As much as I love Palutena forever and ever, I actually would totally love to be part of the forces of nature. I really liked Viridi's arguments, and although extreme there was some truth to them. Also, Arlon is one classy gent.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually feel some sadness that this area of the boards isn't as lively as the Robin thread. Sure, they got Hong coming up with social games and stuff there all the time, but I was hoping from speculation days that there was more Palutena/Kid Icarus love and it'd be crowded here.

OK, why not try?

What faction would you guys belong in and why?
Army of light - Palutena, Pit, Centurions
Forces of Nature - Viridi, Phosphora, Arlon, Craggalanche
Underworld Army - Hades, Thanatos, Medusa
Unaffiliated - Dark Pit, Magnus, Dog, Girl

As much as I love Palutena forever and ever, I actually would totally love to be part of the forces of nature. I really liked Viridi's arguments, and although extreme there was some truth to them. Also, Arlon is one classy gent.
Hm, I should spy on those boards to see what's going on. *thinks* I'm honesty surprised we don't have as many active Palutena supporters as I hoped. I don't know what went wrong.

Can't choose between the first 2. You got Palutena and Pit with their own heavenly goodness on one hand, and the extreme, but silly Viridi, Lovely Little Phosphora, that amazing Arlon and quiet Cragalanche on the other hand. It's really a tough call, though most likely it'd have to be Palutena and hanging out with Pit, but that doesn't mean that I'm not curious about what Viridi's place and such looks like.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
See, thinking of stuff like this always makes me want a strategy-type game featuring the Kid Icarus universe.

Like you pick which faction you belong in, and then your job is to complete missions by properly handling resources to create centurions/monsters.

Like say you're playing as palutena, and you have a certain amount of hearts or prayers, and you can use them to make a heavy centurion. Then once you figure out which units to make/train, you manage them and send them to battle/defend.
Sometimes it's just facing the enemy head on.
Sometimes it's defending a fort from an enemy general unit (Pit, Phosphora, Thanatos)
Sometimes it's working with another army to combat a huge enemy (chaos kin, pyrr-aurum)

I feel like it could be a lot of fun and change the traditional game formula from being an OP character tearing through minions, and instead you manage the minions and place them/order them in a way that allows you to finish the OP enemy character.

Top Bottom