• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll just call it "Staff Twirl" or "Thigh Dance".

Anyway, agreed on @ Burigu Burigu 's statement: "Pole-dance"-term gives off unintended feel to the taunt. It's more of playful showing off of her personality in elegance rather than something "risque" just for fanservice. So I suggest we call this anything than that. Though the meme will be now off despite the animation definitely gonna be different than people say this taunt to be.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am just wondering something but again with the "Pandora" outfit the "Hades" neither of them exist, below is Medusa Palutena and I think people are saying this one is Hades but clearly not this is Medusa

The dark outfit second to last don't have anything in common with Hades baring the dark color so I think we really only got Viridi and Medusa dress costume and blue and dark are not referencing Hades and Medusa.

Just compare the color schemes:

Blue dress Palutena with

Dark dress Palutena with:

Clearly different

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That pole dancing taunt is amazing.

Wish it was Rosalina with her amazing and tall legs but Palutena will do. :p

andimidna

Smash Master
Her hair-flip is probably an idle animation.
Although I'm probably too late for that lol

Those colors are amazing. Almost 100% what I wanted. Just hoped her hair color would change. Sorry to nitpick. But y'know, Lucina and Robin changed hair colors.
Anyways, love the taunt, colors, and HYPE

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I know most people won't agree with me on this, but I think Palutena should be able to use custom moves in tournaments. Now hear me out. Pretty much everyone removed Miis and custom moves from the tournament scene, but Palutena's custom moves should be seen in a different light. Palutena's custom moves are completely different moves and not variants like other characters have. If we were to have custom movesets for Palutena, you CANNOT mix and match different moves from other sets. Here's an example of what I mean:

Set 1:

Set 2:

Set 3:

Those are the sets you can use with Palutena and you can't combine them with other sets. You have to use them as a whole set. I know people would see this as restricting, but I think setting a limit would be better for TO's and Tournament players alike. Players would be able to see the custom movesets being picked on the character select screen and it won't confuse them when they play another round. I could see Palutena's customs moves working fine, but only as sets, not mixes.

I know many, MANY people wouldn't not agree with me, but sooner or later, someone will bring this up and we'll have to start questioning it again when it does. We should really talk about this someday.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know most people won't agree with me on this, but I think Palutena should be the only character to use custom moves in tournaments.
Or everyone could just use custom movesets. That's what's being pushed for. Even equipment is still being considered, especially since Zipzo discovered that the customisation switching is very tournament friendly.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Or everyone could just use custom movesets. That's what's being pushed for. Even equipment is still being considered, especially since Zipzo discovered that the customisation switching is very tournament friendly.
Then that's even better. I think I'll edit that part out, if you don't mind.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, seeing how it apparently became the current topic of discussion, every character is going to have custom moves legal for one.

Anyway, good to know the "pole dance" taunt isn't worth complaining about anymore. Don't like negativity that much.

Thank goddess that Viridi alt color seems to actually use her dress colors. Was really worried. Going to use that alt the most. <3

I really can't wait to play as her. :D

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Thank goddess that Viridi alt color seems to actually use her dress colors. Was really worried. Going to use that alt the most. <3

I really can't wait to play as her. :D
I haven't seen the Viridi alt yet. Can you post an image?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I bet Admiral Pit is going crazy about the 3rd Palette swap.
Sadly there's no gold one, so my 2 potential choices atm would have to be the Viridi or dark blue one. The other 2 ideas is her regular or other blue one. Honestly I need to have a closer look at them in gameplay first. :(

Sorry Gold Pit. You won't have a matching Gold Palutena. ;-;
At least ppl are liking the pole dance taunt. <3 When the game comes out in JP, I wish to see a gif of that taunt, pronto, and put it in my sig.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Honestly I need to have a closer look at them in gameplay first.
That's how I feel too. I don't like celery Palutena too much. The differences with the first 3 are too subtle for me. But I'll have to see them all in person before I decide which one I'll be playing as. I also need to not see what major consensus is on the best color. Only because I would not use it. I have that kind of a "hipster-esque" attitude. Knowing what other people like would hinder me using the one that I actually like. Just in an effort to be different. Pretty stupid.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Sadly there's no gold one, so my 2 potential choices atm would have to be the Viridi or dark blue one. The other 2 ideas is her regular or other blue one. Honestly I need to have a closer look at them in gameplay first. :(

Sorry Gold Pit. You won't have a matching Gold Palutena. ;-;
At least ppl are liking the pole dance taunt. <3 When the game comes out in JP, I wish to see a gif of that taunt, pronto, and put it in my sig.
I know how you feel. Mario was my main from the very first game, and I always used his Blue (with red overalls) color since I was a kid, and up to this day. But now....sniff...it's gone! ;_;

Burigu

Smash Ace
Just hoped her hair color would change.
Sadly there's no gold one,
That's how I feel too. I don't like celery Palutena too much.
;)

Honestly nothing beat the original, I always play with the original colors, I am glad her hair color is the same, the dress might be different but the green hair prevails.

Since I mostly play with original colors I don't fear my color not making in the game.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
;)

Honestly nothing beat the original, I always play with the original colors, I am glad her hair color is the same, the dress might be different but the green hair prevails.

Since I mostly play with original colors I don't fear my color not making in the game.
Completely agree. I love Palutena's palette just the way it is. Something about green hairs and Goddesses that I like. Now, I am just trying to find a palette for my amiibo Palutena.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
The pallettes are amazing ^^
Also can anyone link me to the pole dance taunt

And my White Lucario and Blue Pit alts are returning :DD

Burigu

Smash Ace
The pallettes are amazing ^^
Also can anyone link me to the pole dance taunt

And my White Lucario and Blue Pit alts are returning :DD
Dude it's in the last page, it isn't even a "pole dance" taunt but oh well people will continue to call it that way can't be helped

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If anything, I thought the taunt resembled her holding a baton rather than it being a pole dance.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
i'm very pleased with colors minus the first 3 i'm kinda hoping there are hidden alts that they aren't showing here
mainly cuse i want a retro palutena alt if it doesn't happen then i'll just be rocking the medusa palutena

Burigu

Smash Ace
OMG, PALUTENA DOES POLE DANCE!!!!
I saw it in this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

BAM! Evidence:
Don't get me wrong but this pole dance thing is getting old, your image is so vague and don't really show anything new from the magazine one just a different angle, video footage or you describing the actual taunt from start to end could be better, anyway if she does a pole dancing or some other form of taunt, I don't see the reason to make such a great deal over it. Does both feet leave the ground? do the staff touch the ground at all? if you could answer this you could provide better info

I have to say Dark Pit full clone confimed no staff

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm disappointed that the streamer, no offense, isn't that great. I know he just got the game, but at least grab and throw an opponent rather than spam the same thing.
It was worse when he played as Ness.

As for Dark Pit, i wasn't surprised.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Don't get me wrong but this pole dance thing is getting old, your image is so vague and don't really show anything new from the magazine one just a different angle, video footage or you describing the actual taunt from start to end could be better, anyway if she does a pole dancing or some other form of taunt, I don't see the reason to make such a great deal over it. Does both feet leave the ground? do the staff touch the ground at all? if you could answer this you could provide better info

I have to say Dark Pit full clone confimed no staff
I'm just trying to point it out so people stop making such a fuss about it by seeing it and getting over it. Also, you could look at the Twitch stream and look over the video footage yourself to see it.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I'm just trying to point it out so people stop making such a fuss about it by seeing it and getting over it. Also, you could look at the Twitch stream and look over the video footage yourself to see it.
I don't know how to do that I only see live stream, do I need an account?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't know how to do that I only see live stream, do I need an account?
You'll have to wait for the whole stream to finish, and as far as I know, it should save the stream as a video on their channel. Just go to "Past Broadcasts" and it should be there. By the way, sorry for the crappy image angle and quality. It's the best I could do with a continuous stream and not a video.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Ok I have come to some results after watching the Palutena gameplay.

Palutena's smashes are incredible
Autoreticle can be aimed and has lots of range
Reflect dissapears after a few seconds but the ending lag is not much
And this:

This is up to interpretation but I can't call this pole dance, the staff is not between her legs, she spin around the staff with one foot on the floor and the other on the air, this is more of a funny cheerful personallity taunt than the plain out dirty some people claim it to be, and it last like 1 or 2 seconds.

PD: the streamer really failed to unlock Dark Pit 3 times!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ok I have come to some results after watching the Palutena gameplay.

Palutena's smashes are incredible
Autoreticle can be aimed and has lots of range
Reflect dissapears after a few seconds but the ending lag is not much
And this:

This is up to interpretation but I can't call this pole dance, the staff is not between her legs, she spin around the staff with one foot on the floor and the other on the air, this is more of a funny cheerful personallity taunt than the plain out dirty some people claim it to be, and it last like 1 or 2 seconds.

PD: the streamer really failed to unlock Dark Pit 3 times!!!
I like your interpretation of Palutena's taunt. It does seem quite fine to me. Also, the streamer does dumb things most of the time, like spamming the same move, but he eventually Dark Pit (finally!).

----------------------------------

By the way, here's a drawing on Miiverse joking about Palutena's taunt with Bayonetta. The artist who made this usually gets a temporary ban for some of his drawings, but at least he finally posts something SFW.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still wish we'd get a Palutena victory screen with her victory music. It's making me sad that she isn't being shown off much. I'm honestly gonna be ticked off if Dark Pit's the only one of KI characters to have a unique theme.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I am still ticked that Dark Pit doesn't use his staff much other than his FS -_-
Oh well at least we got early leaks :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Show me his supposedly lame Final Smash. I want to see the what the hubbub is about. And I still crave Palutena victory poses and music data.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think I saw a CPU metal Palutena wall jump. Did we know she could do that or not? Also saw the aerial kick, looks exactly like Zelda's. Auto Reticle looks pretty useful and Warp is much better than Mewtwo's teleport. I might actually stick with her default moveset.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I think I saw a CPU metal Palutena wall jump. Did we know she could do that or not? Also saw the aerial kick, looks exactly like Zelda's. Auto Reticle looks pretty useful and Warp is much better than Mewtwo's teleport. I might actually stick with her default moveset.
Could you be very kind and elaborate on the Warp part? why it is better? more distance? no helpless state? the streamer yesterday was just terrible so I didn't get any great conclusions, just that Autoreticle is fast and can be aimend and that reflect barrier ending lag isn't bad

Top Bottom