• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Definitely. I like some strategy games, especially if you get to build bases and sometimes superweapons. Sometimes just playing as Palutena and running around the field with both light magic and an army following you would be just great. Sometimes there's also that time where I wanted an RPG where you sometimes can find and upgrade weapons. Take example of a random idea I had.

Phosphora specializes in electricity, so say if you have a Dynamo Cannon or Phosphora Bow, she (or you, depending on how you want the game to be) to give you certain upgrades and abilities for it. One example I had for the Dynamo Cannon is an ability to shoot a projectile that does a "chain lightning" effect which is good for crowd control. Or maybe the Phosphora Bow can have an ability called "Energy Surge" which temporarily increases the speed and power of electric attacks, along with improving movement speed and electric resistance by certain percentages. Of course if you played as Phosphora she'd have better and improved electric abilities as opposed to Pit using an electric weapon.

You'd be surprised by some of the ideas I'd come up with.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Have to agree. Nintendo better do something with it. Whether it's an adventure kind, a strategic one, or just something new besides just playing as Pit (playable Palutena plz), I want the great stuff to happen.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Her Usmash dealt 16% to Master Hand even when spammed, lol.

It's weird Zipzo said Palutena doesn't call out her attacks, because she definitely said "Teleport" and "Reflect" in the video.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I actually feel some sadness that this area of the boards isn't as lively as the Robin thread. Sure, they got Hong coming up with social games and stuff there all the time, but I was hoping from speculation days that there was more Palutena/Kid Icarus love and it'd be crowded here.

OK, why not try?

What faction would you guys belong in and why?
Army of light - Palutena, Pit, Centurions
Forces of Nature - Viridi, Phosphora, Arlon, Craggalanche
Underworld Army - Hades, Thanatos, Medusa
Unaffiliated - Dark Pit, Magnus, Dog, Girl

As much as I love Palutena forever and ever, I actually would totally love to be part of the forces of nature. I really liked Viridi's arguments, and although extreme there was some truth to them. Also, Arlon is one classy gent.
I would have to align myself with the Army of Light. I consider myself to be an essentially good person and I don't enjoy conflict, but I think I'd be willing to put myself out there for the sake of others. I see them as more the faction that maintains order and harmony, rather than actively seeking to harm others for any reason. I wouldn't want to go out of my way to violate anybody's peace and sanctity, regardless of their ways and wants, because I don't believe I would have the right to determine who and what deserves to be punished.

The Forces of Nature are analogous to eco-terrorism or similar extremist groups: they have the right intentions, but I don't think they're going about it the right way. Bombing a load of humans because they're destroying your ecosystem isn't justifiable in my eyes, and although you can make the case that Viridi is merely displaying a mentality of "survival of the fittest", I don't think it's quite as natural or as honest as she makes it out to be. Moments of her laughing triumphantly and goading her opponents suggest to me that she's enjoying herself. It isn't natural to enjoy seeing others in pain and to disregard other living beings for being "inferior" specimens - that's called eugenics, and we all know where that ultimately ends up.

The Underworld Army are just evil for the sake of being evil. Although it may or may not depend on whom you're looking at in question when you say that: Medusa certainly maintains that her actions are the result of a deep-seated hatred for Palutena and a sociopathic desire for vengeance at all costs, whereas Hades is just a nasty fellow because he likes being a nasty fellow. There's something to be said for his confident, earnest joie de vivre, though: he doesn't let anything restrict him and he's just content to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He's totally free and, what's more, he doesn't hide and obfuscate his true nature. He's totally honest, without a trace of hypocrisy or concern - in fact, he even makes some good points and calls out the heroes for being less than truly good, as they make themselves out to be, and he epitomises the essence of an unfettered existence. He's still a chaotic evil mass murderer at the end of the day, though, and as much as I relish free will and the ability to do as I please, I couldn't commit to such heinous wholesale slaughter.

As for the unaffiliated factions, they're the most realistic and simple of them, so even though it'd be easiest and least dangerous of all to just side with them, I'd rather go out and do something good for the world. Neutrality is nice, but sometimes, you just have to know that there are heroes.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

I guess I actually kind of like her default moveset. Also, the pole dance taunt isn't that bad

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If anyone finds any more videos on Palutena's game play can they post it here? I currently can't view streams with my internet..

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Ok guys. Just got the game 2 hours ago, and had some gameplay with Palutena. Now I am about to make my vid.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Damage Values:
Explosive Flame: 8%
Angelic Missile: 13%
Heavenly Light: 1%. Minimum of 3%
Superspeed: 4% - 8%. Seems like it gets stronger based on distance.
Firework: 8%
Autoreticle: 9%

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ok guys. Just got the game 2 hours ago, and had some gameplay with Palutena. Now I am about to make my vid.
My questions are elsewhere, but I think I wanted to add more.

-Palutena victory taunts.
-Pit's victory taunts. I know it isn't Palutena, but I heard one of his victory poses is that "peace sign" he does in Uprising. I'd like to confirm it.

If you got the Skype I can ask questions as you go forward with this.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
My questions are elsewhere, but I think I wanted to add more.

-Palutena victory taunts.
-Pit's victory taunts. I know it isn't Palutena, but I heard one of his victory poses is that "peace sign" he does in Uprising. I'd like to confirm it.

If you got the Skype I can ask questions as you go forward with this.
I was just about to asked that question.

Is there anything else you guys want to answer in this vid?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was just about to asked that question.

Is there anything else you guys want to answer in this vid?
-Pit's custom specials that isn't about the bow (though you can add it)
-Palutena's Final Smash: Can you control the laser, and what's its black hole range? And can you still shoot the laser if you don't catch anyone?

There were other questions some comments back. D: I crave too much Palutena and Pit data sometimes.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
-Pit's custom specials that isn't about the bow (though you can add it)
-Palutena's Final Smash: Can you control the laser, and what's its black hole range? And can you still shoot the laser if you don't catch anyone?

There were other questions some comments back. D: I crave too much Palutena and Pit data sometimes.
Actually, I can answer that last one right now. The Black hole range is big, but not that big, and you cannot control the laser. However, even if the black hole misses the target, Palutena will still fire the laser. She fires it first at the top, but than slowly makes her way down.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually, I can answer that last one right now. The Black hole range is big, but not that big, and you cannot control the laser. However, even if the black hole misses the target, Palutena will still fire the laser. She fires it first at the top, but than slowly makes her way down.
I'm loving the Black Hole goodness. I must know about Pit and our Goddess.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Here's some tidbits I've been pondering about (note that I haven't really seen much actual gameplay footage of her; ergo, anybody that has could easily clarify these things for me, I'm sure):

* How does Explosive Flame work? Does it automatically target the nearest opponent or is it a remote projectile like Din's Fire or PK Thunder?
* Does Super Speed function as it does in Uprising, i.e. a straightforward dash that continues until it hits a wall or wears off?
* Does Lightweight actually make you lightweight? ;P
* Can you alter where you arrive when you use Warp, as with other teleportation moves in the game?
* Can Angelic Missile be charged like Green Rocket or is it an instant strike like Fox Illusion (closest comparison that springs to mind)?
* In all honesty, is Heavenly Light kind of OP, or does the fact that it doesn't cause knockback mitigate its impressive range?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's some tidbits I've been pondering about (note that I haven't really seen much actual gameplay footage of her; ergo, anybody that has could easily clarify these things for me, I'm sure):

* How does Explosive Flame work? Does it automatically target the nearest opponent or is it a remote projectile like Din's Fire or PK Thunder?
* Does Super Speed function as it does in Uprising, i.e. a straightforward dash that continues until it hits a wall or wears off?
* Does Lightweight actually make you lightweight? ;P
* Can you alter where you arrive when you use Warp, as with other teleportation moves in the game?
* Can Angelic Missile be charged like Green Rocket or is it an instant strike like Fox Illusion (closest comparison that springs to mind)?
* In all honesty, is Heavenly Light kind of OP, or does the fact that it doesn't cause knockback mitigate its impressive range?

*It has a set distance iirc.
*It lasts a short time I think.
*It says it did, and I'm taking their word for it.
*Yes.
*Doubt it, though I wanna see its distance and what happens if you miss.

That's all I can answer from the top of my head. D:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I saw that. It'd disappoints me that they're not showing them to great potential sadly. I hope someone lightshotted the poor Palutena screen KO, as much as I didn't want her hurt. D:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ ihskeyp ihskeyp
Welcome to the Palutena hype and love! I always wanted her to get more attention. Now if only her victory poses were shown.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Idle thought here, but I'm hoping we get some sort of in-battle quips out of Ladypal. It's just so iconic to hear her goddess sass.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I'm excited for smash 3ds, however playing as HD Palutena on the Wii U is going to be so amazing.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
After watching alot of palutena gameplay in shofu's stream i'm very pleased with her moveset she is fast and has good options
her smash attacks are great she is definitly gonna be my main now i'm so excited too experiment with her custom moves.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Mind showing me a bit of shofu's Palutena footage once it comes out? I'm too lazy to go around searching bit by bit. If there's regular Pit, then I'm after that, too.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
Mind showing me a bit of shofu's Palutena footage once it comes out? I'm too lazy to go around searching bit by bit. If there's regular Pit, then I'm after that, too.
i belive he upload the matches later tonight i'll be sure too link them here

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I appreciate it. My craving for all that sometimes gets me impatient. D: But hey, gotta know more bout your mains quickly after all, right?

Burigu

Smash Ace
I actually feel some sadness that this area of the boards isn't as lively as the Robin thread. Sure, they got Hong coming up with social games and stuff there all the time, but I was hoping from speculation days that there was more Palutena/Kid Icarus love and it'd be crowded here.
Support fadded away with her confirmation and the franchise popularity is not that great specially after yesterday I don't like to be doom and gloom but Kid Icarus is like enemy number 1 on the eyes of many people, I am not sure how many of you were in the backlash that deconfirmations were yesterday, I saw people constantly asking for Sakurai's head and a new director for the series, and complaining how KI has 3 characters when Rool and Ridley were more deserving.

Even all of us agree that Dark Pit and Dr Mario were not necessary, but the hate seems to fall on KI for being a "small underserved series favored because of Sakurai bias". I am kind of annoyed how some people get mad when someone go to their threads and say things like "X is not happening" and defend the character asking the poster to not bash their favorite (with good reason), but when their character is deconfirmed then they start bashing series that got reps... I just don't like double standards, maybe people yesterday had reaons to be upset and mad and I kind of understand their situation but I fail to see why bashing KI for "getting favorited" by Sakurai would make any difference

I just hope people start to think in a different way and start to see characters for their potencial and gameplay and not for the series they are from. When I see the roster al I see are characters I don't go counting 7 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps, etc. I don't believe in "overrepresentation" or in "underrepresentation". Those are subjetive factors not rules or facts.

What faction would you guys belong in and why?
Army of light - Palutena, Pit, Centurions
Forces of Nature - Viridi, Phosphora, Arlon, Craggalanche
Underworld Army - Hades, Thanatos, Medusa
Unaffiliated - Dark Pit, Magnus, Dog, Girl
Well I would stay with Palutena's army Skyworld is a gorgeus place and she is actually the only god in the whole saga that defend humans and seek their wellfare

Viridi would probably hate me, because obviously I am human, even more now with the bad shape Earth is because of us

Hades and his group are plain evil, Hades doesn't even care about his minions I don't stand a chance

See, thinking of stuff like this always makes me want a strategy-type game featuring the Kid Icarus universe.

Like you pick which faction you belong in, and then your job is to complete missions by properly handling resources to create centurions/monsters.

Like say you're playing as palutena, and you have a certain amount of hearts or prayers, and you can use them to make a heavy centurion. Then once you figure out which units to make/train, you manage them and send them to battle/defend.
Sometimes it's just facing the enemy head on.
Sometimes it's defending a fort from an enemy general unit (Pit, Phosphora, Thanatos)
Sometimes it's working with another army to combat a huge enemy (chaos kin, pyrr-aurum)

I feel like it could be a lot of fun and change the traditional game formula from being an OP character tearing through minions, and instead you manage the minions and place them/order them in a way that allows you to finish the OP enemy character.
Your idea remind me of fusion between Age of Empires, Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors :)
Creation of units with resources, playing strategelly and having commanders with armies to either attack or defense.

About the franchise getting dormant again, I am not confident we are getting new games regulary, Sakurai doesn't want to continue working on it and as a small series Nintendo might give it to a not so good studio, leading to an underwelming game, just like what have happened to Star Fox after 64.

Since Sakurai isn't going to write the story of a theoriset sequel, maybe the new writters can't catch the humor present in Uprising, my best hope to be honest is either Sakurai finds something appealing for him to retake the series or that Nintendo itself or GOOD second parties like Monolith, Retro or Intelligent Systems, make the game.

Sorry if my reply comes too late when everyone seems to be discussing Palutena's moveset right now but this was such I good topic that I simply can't ignore

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
When I see the roster I all see is characters I don't go counting 7 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps, etc. I don't believe in "overrepresentation" or in "underrepresentation". Those are subjetive factors not rules or facts.
Exactly my thoughts.

In the end... some nerds take things just too seriously. I dont give a **** if there are more KI characters TBH.

IMO everyone is welcomed. Peeps here just go gung ho like if their childhood football team got relegated or sumthing.

Man up peeps, and stop being so nerdy

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Support fadded away with her confirmation and the franchise popularity is not that great specially after yesterday I don't like to be doom and gloom but Kid Icarus is like enemy number 1 on the eyes of many people, I am not sure how many of you were in the backlash that deconfirmations were yesterday, I saw people constantly asking for Sakurai's head and a new director for the series, and complaining how KI has 3 characters when Rool and Ridley were more deserving.

Even all of us agree that Dark Pit and Dr Mario were not necessary, but the hate seems to fall on KI for being a "small underserved series favored because of Sakurai bias". I am kind of annoyed how some people get mad when someone go to their threads and say things like "X is not happening" and defend the character asking the poster to not bash their favorite (with good reason), but when their character is deconfirmed then they start bashing series that got reps... I just doing like double standards, maybe people yesterday had reaons to be upset and mad and I kind of understand their situation but I fail to see why bashing KI for "getting favorited" by Sakurai would make any difference

I just hope people start to think in a different way and start to see characters for their potencial and gameplay and not for the series they are from. When I see the roster I all see is characters I don't go counting 7 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps, etc. I don't believe in "overrepresentation" or in "underrepresentation". Those are subjetive factors not rules or facts.
It'll pass, don't you worry, sweetheart. People just need to vent their frustrations out on something - best to just grin and bear it and, when the dust settles, welcome them back with open arms.

We're servants of the Goddess of Light, after all: it's our job to be willing and able to fight for what's right, even if we have to let ourselves take a few dirty shots for it to achieve anything!

Shog

Smash Ace
I also welcome anyone, except boring and lazy characters and/or Non-Nintendo-Allstars(Pac-Man is easily the first point). This includes Pichu...and Dark Pit. Maybe this is true for other folks and that's why there is so much hate going on. Scapegoating DP for non-confirmed Characters is something that will fade away, but as you know, Melee is o.a.f. and still no one enjoys Pichu at all...count DPit for that in the future, too.

Well as this is the Palutena thread, I also get salty that she got a lot of SpecialMoves compared to other character...ugh Sakurai reallly wants for some reason that non KI playing people hates the franchise, eh?

Top Bottom