• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is... a relief.
Wow. We are all getting worked up about this huh? -_- Friday can't get here any faster. We will just wait and see when I get this game this Friday. Now can we please get off about the taunt and go back to her leaked moveset.
This thread is about Palutena, not Palutena's moveset. There is nothing wrong with discussing one of her potential taunts. Stop telling people what to do.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Wow. We are all getting worked up about this huh? -_- Friday can't get here any faster. We will just wait and see when I get this game this Friday. Now can we please get off about the taunt and go back to her leaked moveset.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
isn't one of those an ideal animation tho?
or was it the one animation of her hugging her shield
Here are Palutena's 3 taunts according to her trailer, I'll add timestamps to each one:
  • First shown: Staff tap (1:43)
  • Second: Wings (1:46)
  • Third: Hair flip (2:34)
The 2nd and 3rd one are indeed different taunts; they have different sound effects and the 2nd one has wings + halo whereas the 3rd one just has her halo. I think the shield hugging animation is part of her idle.

Opinions about an alleged pole-dancing taunt aside, I don't think that's one of them

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
That 500+ poster also leaked Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka_kiwi-vaanrose-4chan-esrb-leak-post-mortem-analysis.366774/
As for the taunt, I don't really see it as fanservice or sexualized. I see it as showing her cheerful and funny side.
Ok then I wasn't aware of that.

The taunt is actually in the game. It just doesn't seem to be as extreme as Vaanrose was making it out to be.

From Neogaf's Masked Man: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888194&page=351
This is exaclty why I said earlier that I am not giving an opinion (deep) on this, we haven't seen it yet, it's more likely we all are making an uproar over nothing

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We already know her three taunts uvu

-Staff tap
-hair flip
-wings + stretching
Well, there goes your reputation, vannrose.

I was kinda thinking "hadn't we already seen them at the japan demo? I'm sure Zipzo would've said something..." but I wasn't too sure.

Though it's unfortunate those are about as boring as the poledance. Though according to Zipzo, she says "Come back again soon!" an

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
That is... a relief.

This thread is about Palutena, not Palutena's moveset. There is nothing wrong with discussing one of her potential taunts. Stop telling people what to do.
I'm not trying to tell people what to do. And I know full well what this thread is about. It's not you guys that I am mad at (quite the opposite,) but it is everyone else who is making this a big deal, and is automatically screaming out sexualizing. I seeing this all over with anything involving Palutena. I didn't mean to offend. :/

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I guess I was wrong about the 3rd one being a taunt.. it's part of her idle I guess, though it's kind of weird that it makes that sound

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Huh. I still maintain it sounds more graceful than strippery. But then people are going to make an uproar about it because inequality and stuff.

Sigh.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Ok. I am sorry if this came off offensive to anyone here. Didn't mean to offend any of you. I apologize.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
OMG Guys, a Japanese E-SHOP demo is available right now. I'm downloading this very second. I'll be back to give you guys an update.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
OMG Guys, a Japanese E-SHOP demo is available right now. I'm downloading this very second. I'll be back to give you guys an update.
WHAAAAAAAAT?!!?!!!!!

...Damn it, Japan. I want that!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's only five characters. Mario, Link, Pika, Mega, Villager.
Bummer there's no Palutena, or even Pit, but that's unsurprising. At least Mega Man is there, who I'm pretty interested to try.

So...we pretty much won't get this until September 30th/October 1st, huh? :sadsheep:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Yeah, Palutena is not playable. She just sits there on the blocked character roster. :( But overall this game is very fun.

Last edited:

Reila

I'm not trying to tell people what to do. And I know full well what this thread is about. It's not you guys that I am mad at (quite the opposite,) but it is everyone else who is making this a big deal, and is automatically screaming out sexualizing. I seeing this all over with anything involving Palutena. I didn't mean to offend. :/
Sorry if I was rude to you in my previous post. I am just worried about one of my most wanted characters getting a bad rep.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry if I was rude to you in my previous post. I am just worried about one of my most wanted characters getting a bad rep.
Don't worry. We all support Palutena. I wished she was in the demo, but I personally am thinking Pit and Palutena are secretly watching those 5 characters in the demo on their television fountain thing, studying them and prepare for battle. Oh Friday, we're ready for you, and so is Team Skyworld. :4pit::4palutena:

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
but I personally am thinking Pit and Palutena are secretly watching those 5 characters in the demo on their television fountain thing, studying them and prepare for battle.
I think she upgraded that fountain thing to a big screen tv since brawl

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The taunt is actually in the game. It just doesn't seem to be as extreme as Vaanrose was making it out to be.

From Neogaf's Masked Man: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888194&page=351
That's better. I knew it was misintepreted. Thanks for telling us.

That's the Palutena I know.

I think she upgraded that fountain thing to a big screen tv since brawl
Funny thing is there was that one long gameplay trailer showcasing Palutena and Pit playing Brawl which has me imagine them having a big screen TV to watch stuff or game.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
No, I'm sorry that I came off rude. Just like you, I was upset that my favorite female Nintendo character might potentially get a bad name. My apologies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh my god I HAVE to see this taunt. It'll be so funny taunting people by poledancing.
Ha, forget taunting with fireworks. Taunting via pole dancing will be the new trend! Depending on how it looks, I actually want to see someone make a gif of it in HD (we gotta wait for the Wii U version for HD, but it's okay)!
Honestly I expect a lot of Palutena gifs. Celestial Fireworks, the Taunts, the pole dancing, and more! More Palutena, more grace, more heavenly love!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No, I'm sorry that I came off rude. Just like you, I was upset that my favorite female Nintendo character might potentially get a bad name. My apologies.
And that's the Palutena way of truth and light! ^_^

So, who else reckons Ladypal is going to have a few more tricks up her gilded bronze sleeves? Something tells me there's a few more interesting tidbits to her that we'll have to figure out in the game. With that level of variety to her moves and endless strategies to be gleaned from them, anybody reckon they know what they're going to play with when we get to main her? ;3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wanna see that F-air kick and D-air spike that I've been hearing about. As for when I first play as her, I surely want to try out her moves and taunts first.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Her pole dancing taunt is definitely real.
Looks like Pit won't be the only one who'd be blushing. I am too, not to mention I'm actually laughing a bit. Now that's just as trollish as them nerdy glasses!

5 Palutena heads outta 5! :4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena:

If you find where that pic came from, I must know! >_<

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't even think they'd do a Hades one. The hype for us has just grown 10 fold.
I always thought there'd be a cool Gold Palutena for my Pit, but I may be leaning towards Viridi's. I gotta get a closeup of it all. D:

Reila

Not as bad as I was expecting (I thought she would do something a la Shadow Rise from Persona 4 lel)

I love the recolors. ^.^ Four 'dark' color schemes to choose make me happy.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
>pole-dance is actually pretty damn cute
>medusa and hades palette swaps

I'm okay with this! ^_^

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

That taunt looks like a nice trolling taunt. It's actually kinda funny. Ok, I'm cool with this. :)

The hype is real, Hades, Pandora, Viridi and Medusa recolours
Well, there goes one of my jobs(uploading Palutena Color swaps when I got the game). I had a feeling that we might see this though. The game does come out in less then 48 hours. Nice recolors of her! I'm really digging that blue color Palette!

#I'mReallyFeelingIt

Burigu

Smash Ace

I knew people yesterday had reasons to be worried, definetely not that "pole dancing" or "dancing with one leg on the pole" that media sold us yesterday, the thing is we can name this taunt in any form, naming it "pole dance taunt" is going to brought the bad reputation some people were worried yesterday, as I said before the staff is just to small too performs a realistic pole dancing, if you look closely the staff doesn't even touch the ground, this is more of a ballet dance taunt than pole dancing.

AND THE STAFF IS NOT BETWEEN HER LEGS so this is definetely not a pole dancing move

That said I love the recolors, but I don't see the blue one as a Pandora recolor, in gas form she is either red or light blue while in Amazon form she has light blue and purple colors, so I might not call blue Palutena as a Pandora reference because her dress is dark blue

Have people mentioned Pit still has a Dark recolor??

Last edited:
Top Bottom