• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I got my number 1 Palutena and number 2 Lucina not everybody can say that
I sure can't, my #2 was Lyn. And it would seem she's doomed to the life of an Assist Trophy once again. Well, I guess there are worse fates.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I sure can't, my #2 was Lyn. And it would seem she's doomed to the life of an Assist Trophy once again. Well, I guess there are worse fates.
Yes I have yet to feel dissapointment for a reveal or a deconfimation, I guess I am really lucky, by the way thank you for quoting me, I was way to enfoqued in the Rate their chances thread

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say, after Palutena's trailer and today's Miiverse post, I'm now 90% sure that Dark Pit will be playable, either:
a) As a Pit alt with voice change (like Villager/Wii Fit Trainer)
b) As a separated clone (like Lucina)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
My only question about that is: If Lucina got to share a trailer with Robin, and then receive confirmation and a confirmed roster spot ... why did Dark Pit not get the same treatment?

That is really the main reason I still see Dark Pit as 99% deconfirmed.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think the Pit alt is more likely than the clone option. It's just too easy to do for the producers to ignore it, especially given that Anthony voices both of them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still think he's a unique color alt for Pit. I'm assuming each character will have at least one special alt which makes me think Lucina is the unique one for Marth, and DP for Pit. The only question is if he'll be the "black Pit" costume or a separate slot since DP's main weapon is the Silver Bow that has different traits than Pit's Palutena Bow. As Sakurai said, having even a small difference in abilities means one gets their own character slot.
But what do I know? It's a theory.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Nah Pittoo has no chances, If he were playable he'd have his own Lucina styled spot. To be honest I doubt we'll have more KI characters. Pit + Palutena is the perfect ship representation.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nah Pittoo has no chances, If he were playable he'd have his own Lucina styled spot. To be honest I doubt we'll have more KI characters. Pit + Palutena is the perfect ship representation.
I really do prefer just Pit + Palutena myself. We know Magnus and Phosphora are ATs, Medusa and Hades are too big (unless they showed the former to be human-size) unless one of them are bosses, Viridi's in the background briefly in Reset Bomb Forest, Pittoo I still consider to be just a glorified alt color for Pit with a different voice until a confirmation states otherwise.
Sure, there's most likely gonna be regular trophies and probably another AT from the KI franchise, but the only ones that should be playable are indeed just Pit and Palutena... with Pittoo as Pit's unique alt costume as said before.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm not sure at this point.

One thing to consider is that while Pit and Dark Pit share the same body and such, they're still technically different identities. Maybe Sakurai thought it'd be odd if someone won a round as Dark Pit, with his own unique voice acting and all, only for the announcer to say "This game's winner is...Pit!", even though it's technically not Pit. I think Villager, WFT and Robin can get away with that with their alternate forms easier because they're generally still the same character regardless of their gender.

I don't think DP really needs to be his own character slot but I get this feeling Sakurai is going to give him the Lucina treatment. If he is indeed his own character, I'd at least hope he'd pull out the Dark Pit Staff for one of his A/B moves as shown here.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I put this on the rate thread but it's worth mentioning here.

I am exceptical about Dark Pit as a clone character as some of you have already mentioned basically because of this:

Where is his intro?

On the other hand Lucina:

In Palutena's trailer they got the chance to present two characters but they didn't so for me Dark Pit's chances aren't any better than before. And if he is not a clone and is his own character there wasn't any reason not to introduce him

Maybe Sakurai thought it'd be odd if someone won a round as Dark Pit, with his own unique voice acting and all, only for the announcer to say "This game's winner is...Pit!",
If they are willing to put alt costumes with different voices, I don't find hard for them to record the announcer the word "Dark" to add at the beginning of Pit, like when you fight a metal or giant variant in Brawl the sound clip for the name is the same, they only added "Metal" or "Giant".

Even then Dark Pit's origin is a pallete before being his own character, if they didn't bother to put the "Dark" at the begining, I wouldn't care.

Evidence isn't in his site yet.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well Sakurai does like to hide some surprises in his games iirc, so it is still uncertain. Personally I wouldn't dwell on it too much and just wait. Don't forget this is the Palutena forums, and I'm only say this so we don't completely get off topic and all.

So like I said, we must be patient. My input is that he's just a unique alt costume.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I love that Sakurai is adding more ladies. Hoping he would still add more villains.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well Sakurai does like to hide some surprises in his games iirc, so it is still uncertain. Personally I wouldn't dwell on it too much and just wait. Don't forget this is the Palutena forums, and I'm only say this so we don't completely get off topic and all.

So like I said, we must be patient. My input is that he's just a unique alt costume.
Well I mentioned Palutena in my post ;)

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I put this on the rate thread but it's worth mentioning here.

I am exceptical about Dark Pit as a clone character as some of you have already mentioned basically because of this:

((Dark Pit's Gif at the end of trailer))

Where is his intro?

In Palutena's trailer they got the chance to present two characters but they didn't so for me Dark Pit's chances aren't any better than before. And if he is not a clone and is his own character there wasn't any reason not to introduce him.
I'm 50/50 on this. Because... What's the meaning of teasing Dark Pit at the end of the trailer? Hmmm... Very suspicious. I thought that he was going to be an alt costume. But after what happened with Lucina, Dark Pit being a clon of Pit is NOW a solid possibility. We don't want it? That's another thing. But the chance is there. That can not be denied.

Game & Watch was teased in Pac-Man's trailer. People could say "Sakurai would never tease a newcomer like that!".
That kind of thought can only be answered with this.

Don't forget Lady Palutena's words at the end of the trailer to Dark Pit: "You just dropped in to crash my party?". He answered "Uhuh".

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm 50/50 on this. Because... What's the meaning of teasing Dark Pit at the end of the trailer? Hmmm... Very suspicious. I thought that he was going to be an alt costume. But after what happened with Lucina, Dark Pit being a clon of Pit is NOW a solid possibility. We don't want it? That's another thing. But the chance is there. That can not be denied.

Game & Watch was teased in Pac-Man's trailer. People could say "Sakurai would never tease a newcomer like that!".

Don't forget Lady Palutena's words at the end of the trailer to Dark Pit: "You just dropped in to crash my party?". He answered "Uhuh".
Point 1:
- Game and Watch is a veteran

Point 2:
- What's the meaning in teasing Yellow Devil?

Point 3:
- Why does Lucina get a newcomer tag and spot on the website immediately but Dark Pit doesn't?

Point 4:
- In the original Japanese text of the trailer Dark Pit's response is pretty much "more or less." Not a confirmation of "sure, and I'm playable."

Point 5:
- The chance can't be denied, but it's negligible enough for us to assume he WON'T be playable. There's no logical precedent for a character getting a newcomer confirmation months after being revealed as ???

Point 6:
- your comments and points have been argued a million times in at least three different threads.

Point 7:
- Sorry if I'm harsh but this has come up way too many times already and it's EXHAUSTING to read. Also, the inclusion of the troll laugh in your part makes me think it's ok to respond bluntly to you.

edit:
Point 8:
- We all should really stop arguing this issue in this thread as it just simply has nothing to do with Palutena.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace

I will not discuss this here since this is the Palutena thread, but apparently people can get what a reference is "the crash my party thing" was done in Chapter 1 The return of Palutena and animated cut, Medusa's revenge, said by Medusa to Pit here we got the opposite.

Don't get me wrong I am not opposed to a debate but all you say is "well I feel that" everything you posted is theory not a fact, if you want to counter my view do it with facts opinions aren't facts.

Every Newcomer has been properly introduced, Dark Pit hasn't and that is a fact. I base my opinion on actual evidence.
I have debated this same argument in the past and no Dark Pit supporter have actually come close to have an argument based on facts. My post above stands valid and shows real evidence, DP doesn't have a intro and Lucina has, if both are newcomers and clones there is no reason to thread them differently.

Until actual proof is shown Dark Pit as a clone or a character is nothing more than speculation and I agree with @ Glaciacott Glaciacott the troll laugh wasn't neccesary sustain your opinion with arguments

Last edited:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Point 7:
- Sorry if I'm harsh but this has come up way too many times already and it's EXHAUSTING to read. Also, the inclusion of the troll laugh in your part makes me think it's ok to respond bluntly to you.
Well, I must say there is no need to be harsh and I think that link shouldn't be an excuse to be aggresive :(. Looks like that link didn't communicate what I wanted so accept my sincere apologies everyone.

What I wanted to express is that we cannot know what Sakurai is thinking and he is kind of unpredicatable, so he can change the way he is doing things just because. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not a Dark Pit supporter. Lucina's reveal just changed the chances in my head from 0% to 50%, from none to maybe.

Don't get me wrong I am not opposed to a debate but all you say is "well I feel that" everything you posted is theory not a fact, if you want to counter my view do it with facts opinions aren't facts.
It is speculation of course. But the counter-arguments I've seen aren't strong enough. It's ok if I PM you to have a friendly discussion? (this isn't the place for that). I'm not a hostile person. Sorry again if I give that concept about myself.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well, I must say there is no need to be harsh and I think that link shouldn't be an excuse to be aggresive :(. Looks like that link didn't communicate what I wanted so accept my sincere apologies everyone.

What I wanted to express is that we cannot know what Sakurai is thinking and he is kind of unpredicatable, so he can change the way he is doing things just because. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not a Dark Pit supporter. Lucina's reveal just changed the chances in my head from 0% to 50%, from none to maybe.

It is speculation of course. But the counter-arguments I've seen aren't strong enough. It's ok if I PM you to have a friendly discussion? (this isn't the place for that). I'm not a hostile person. Sorry again if I give that concept about myself.
Well apologies from my part, I just react a bit defensive because, this Dark Pit bussiness have me repeating myself tons of times and it seems some supporters (not only Dark Pit's) just sometimes can't be objective.

You can give them tons off evidence and when they can't counter you anymore they start saying well "I will believe what I want even if I have no evidence to sustain my point" you can PM me if you want I am neither a rude person I am just assertive, but can get irritated sometimes

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's ok, if you're interested in knowing you should watch Monogatari series, Nisekoi or Mekaku City Actors (shows I highly recommend) and you'll get what I mean.

Anyway, someone expects Palutena, Pit or both to have codec calls? Also I'll cry tears of joy if they make HD versions of the character portraits while they are having them.
(went and found this after you replied to me earlier so I wouldn't be off topic in that other thread since this is like a social thread anyways)

I loved Mekakucity and I willingly ignore everything that is wrong with it since I've been listening to that music and looking forward to this anime for a long time now.

If I wasn't ignoring what was wrong with it I'd say that it was too short, the music seemed forced at points, and a few important details were unclear.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Can't wait to play this game! I already know who my mains will be.

1. :4mario: 2. :4palutena: 3. :4pit: 4. :4robinm: 5. :4zss:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will only know who I am maining when the game is out, but so far I am planning to play :4robinf: :4lucina: :4palutena: besides my Brawl mains, of course.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I know I want to main Palutena, but I like so many characters that I have no idea who else I will end up using frequently.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have these 3, and know I'll keep em. :4pit::4palutena::4bowser:

The Bowser's weird, but those 3 actually look great together based on how I positioned them.

Last edited:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to main these :4sonic::4palutena::4megaman::4robinf:

I'll try the entire cast tho. Maybe one unexpected character chooses me instead.

Plus, I'd love if :mewtwomelee: returns. Missed him in brawl.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Since Micaiah most likely will not be in now. My mains are Palutena, Robin, and Pikachu. Lucina, Ike, Game and Watch, Falco, Wolf, Charizard, King K and Mewtwo will all get looks as well though. Depending on which ones actually get in the game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
:4palutena: is going to be my main character. No one else.

my secondaries will be :4wiifit: at least.

and Dark Pit heh....if he ends up being in of course.... Pit is looking really good but if Dark Pit is a separate character ooohhhh maaaayyyne.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
my mains will probably be these :4bowser::4fox::4charizard::4lucina::4palutena:
there a bit of a wired selection i know but it may changed depending how they are in final product

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
My mains will definitely be these
:4palutena: :4robinf:
[Rhythm Heaven rep] :4greninja:

Greninja though is at the borderline of being secondary, mostly because I want to choose one main based on how the gameplay feels, and also there's a bunch of cool characters I like that could still happen.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Palutena is essentially tied with Rosalina as the two newcomers I wanted most of all, and it makes me proud to see them both in. Third would be Ridley. I'll be adding both to the lineup of characters I play as without hesitation. I'm very interested in trying out Little Mac, and Mega Man to a lesser extent, but they don't compare to mah Bash Sisters.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well my mains will be; :4yoshi:,:4palutena:,:4kirby:,:4luigi:,:popo:,:4lucina: well at least that is the plan I am more consistent with Yoshi since Melee is my main and Kirby was my main in 64 and my second most used in Melee and Brawl.

I have fought and hoped for Palutena for a long time so if I put enough effort I am pretty sure I can become really good with her, Lucina is there because well I like Lucina.

But that aside I am really grateful for Palutena even more than before, now that Gematsu is mostly dead and the leaked pictures are still to be proven true. I can feel that we didn't really have a better chance than others.

I can only feel sorry for Chrom fans, the leak was at its max in believers and popularity, everybody asumed Chrom was IN and then the trailer happened and crushed those hopes.

We are lucky really lucky

Edit: by the way tomorrow is another NEWCOMER satisfaction in the Rate thread drop by (if you want) and give Palutena a 100%, it is a silly game but the bigger the scores for Palutena the better

Last edited:

Reila

Can someone tell me what was the song playing during the animu sequence in Palutena's trailer?

Reila

Like with the Fire Emblem track, they kind of edited it a bit.

It's Chaos Vortex, but two parts. First this, then this.
Why does most 3DS games have such great soundtracks? Thanks, Hong!

I really need to play KI Uprising.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Uprising does have an amazing soundtrack and is an amazing game as well You'll enjoy it. :p

Reila

Hey, I don't have the time to read the 130 pages of this thread looking for the answer to my question :c

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hey, I don't have the time to read the 130 pages of this thread looking for the answer to my question :c
What? I wasn't been sarcastic, I have glady answered this question 3 times already, I only said that because so far I was the first to answer that and nothing more, it was like a personal record

Last edited:
Top Bottom