• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What? Why? Pittoo is deconfirmed ...

I'm pretty sure it's Ridley. That's the giant source of Smash speculation.
Is he? Has Sakurai shown off a Dark Pit alt for Pit? Has Pittoo been shown off in some other capacity?

I'm not being sarcastic here, legitimately curious.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Is he? Has Sakurai shown off a Dark Pit alt for Pit? Has Pittoo been shown off in some other capacity?

I'm not being sarcastic here, legitimately curious.
He appeared at the end of Palutena's video. No newcomer has been mentioned by name nor has appeared prior to confirmation.
I've said this before, I'm pretty sure that rules him out.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
He appeared at the end of Palutena's video. No newcomer has been mentioned by name nor has appeared prior to confirmation.
I've said this before, I'm pretty sure that rules him out.
Game & Watch may not be a newcomer but he sure as heck appeared in Pac-Man's vid.

Does this mean G&W is cut? Doubtful, I think Sakurai was actively teasing something with Dark Pit

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
And this

Funnily, I was seeing today how people were starved for a Palutena PotD and then it happened.

Edit: Crap, someone already posted it.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bout time we got some Palutena, and we have it topped off with 2 pics showing off her long-ranged moves.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've updated the image gallery, I hope the OP doesn't mind. I'll reopen it again once we get a few more Palutena pics in. ^^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've updated the image gallery, I hope the OP doesn't mind. I'll reopen it again once we get a few more Palutena pics in. ^^
I can live with that. <3 With new data, and 2 good pics to make up for her absence, I approve.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's all good. After all, it's not like I can update it. Haha.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Heavenly Light confirmed default special?

In any case, interesting move. Kind of makes me think of Ivy's bullet seed in terms of racking up damage. Well, minus the flinch and plus the gigantic range.

Hong

The Strongest
As we had predicted since before her announcement, she is definitely going to be a zoner out of the box.

Her highly variable special moves will allow some deviation, but her normals are still heavily-zoning based, and I expect her default kit to be tailored for a zoning game.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Is it just me, or does Palutena look really tiny in these pictures? Or maybe Diddy Kong is just huge? I might need to take a look at some more pictures with each of these two in them...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd wager Palutena would be about as tall as Rosalina. It would have probably been easier to tell had they not made this pic at a Final Destination version of Battlefield.... (Though then again, I guess her height could have been looked into through the other footage I suppose)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm gonna love stabbing opponents on higher platforms with that U-smash. She has that for those that recover high a bit, but now I wonder if she has great moves for poking at opponents that recover low.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
"It's been too long, Lady Palutena!"

He couldn't fit the words "Neutral Special Move" in the comment description? Regardless, it's damn wonderful to have Palutena information (and a back-hand slap to the Miis in the same post. :p)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
"It's been too long, Lady Palutena!"

He couldn't fit the words "Neutral Special Move" in the comment description? Regardless, it's damn wonderful to have Palutena information (and a back-hand slap to the Miis in the same post. :p)
I approve of that last part. <3

Aside from not covering her full upper area like U-smashes usually do, I still say that amazing range of hers is literally God Tier. <3

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Palutena is looking like she'll control everyone's power of flight in this game. Between that Up-Smash and Heavenly Light, you fight her on the ground or not at all. And even then, she has a reflecting shield and a disjointed hitbox with that staff so she's nothing to toy with there either.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Palutena is looking like she'll control everyone's power of flight in this game. Between that Up-Smash and Heavenly Light, you fight her on the ground or not at all. And even then, she has a reflecting shield and a disjointed hitbox with that staff so she's nothing to toy with there either.
Plus Reflect advances forward when she cast it. It can be seen on the trailer vid at slow speed... Sorry if that was metioned before.

More zoning <3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yep, looks she'll definitely being a long-ranged character that takes skill to use. I'm enjoying seeing more info for her.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Where's the gallery?

But YES. I gotta say, she seems quite POWERful with those kind of moves. I guess her being slow and perhaps long-range-based character is truly befitting of her.

I hope the Up-Smash isn't too weak though, as much as it seems to make Pikachu's Thunder look wimpy in comparison.

Also that follow-up POTD. I dunno if I'll use that Power though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Looks like Battlefield's actually unfairly slanted in her favor. There's your answer for the For Glory stage choice :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Palutena's up smash isn't THAT crazy especially when you look at reach of Snake's up smash.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Palutena's up smash isn't THAT crazy especially when you look at reach of Snake's up smash.
The difference is the relative inaccuracy of Snake's. Palutena's makes a wall.

...although, if (hopefully, when) Snake does get back in, I have a feeling he'll win the matchup against Palutena.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The difference is the relative inaccuracy of Snake's. Palutena's makes a wall.

...although, if (hopefully, when) Snake does get back in, I have a feeling he'll win the matchup against Palutena.
True, but i was talking about in terms of vertical reach of the move.

I do wonder how her up smash will function. Does it raise higher the longer it is charged or does it shoot up to default distance and it's knock back is increased when charged.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
So do we outrightly assume that heavenly light is one of the defaults?
Sounds pretty weak despite the range imo

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
So Heavenly Light is basically a verticle version of Fox's blaster? I could definitely use that.

Also, I'm just going to go ahead and assume Heavenly Light is her standard neutral special until I get proven wrong, solely because I'm just that desperate for clarification on this.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm sure Sakurai always wanted to have a character who has attacks that look like Final Smashes.

And here we are.

Anyway, Palutena finally takes the spotlight, and I must say, it was worth the wait. Two pictures of two moves with informative descriptions.

I am so going to say "smite" every time I hit with that up-smash. xD And I wonder if it has any potential to keep opponents away from edges.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh... I kept ignoring this because it got locked. Maybe just do a new thread but don't let people reply on 'em whilst just updating the OP? Hmm.
Hmm.... maybe but I'm not entirely sure about it yet. I've been thinking more about just reopening it later and then just add a reminder to post mainly in-game screenshots and official artwork etc. (as well as perhaps for any newer and older image gallery threads)

I've already tidied the place up over there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom