• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
Obviously Sakurai teased her a lot until her reveal and after her reveal he doesn't show anything about her, you can say he is a troll before and after the reveal.

Where did you get the pic of your sign? I like it a lot obviously I wouldn't use it because you already have it, but I would like to see the whole pic if there is one
here is that pictrue

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Have we gotten any pic of the day with Palutena since the Home Run Contest pic? It seems like out of all the E3 newcomers, we have gotten the least amount of updates on her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Have we gotten any pic of the day with Palutena since the Home Run Contest pic? It seems like out of all the E3 newcomers, we have gotten the least amount of updates on her.
Unfortunately no. I'm still outaged about it. D:

And sweet art! <3

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am guessing how we are going to keep the thread alive until september 13 when the game releases in Japan, we are likely to get a whole month without or with minor info until the August direct happens, even then we are not guaranted to get info in the direct so, until release I hope artist keep working on.

This is almost the only thread in Palutena's forum I constantly visit, it was the original and the people here is nice, some of the other threads in the subforum are decent, but some of them are plain boring, or shouldn't be there to begin with.

Now I find myself lurking mostly in the rate their chances thread so I am wondering what to do. That said if I find good fan art I will share it, but I suggest people not to burn all their cards in one post, we need to keep this thread alive.

Edit: for no reason I didn't recieved any notifications from this thread

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well it's not like we can do anything until we get more info via PotD or some more screenshot packs. But really that's the thing keeping us from progressing. For the meantime, we can simply lay back for a bit til then, but as said before, I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well it's not like we can do anything until we get more info via PotD or some more screenshot packs. But really that's the thing keeping us from progressing. For the meantime, we can simply lay back for a bit til then, but as said before, I don't know how much longer I can wait.
It's funny how Ridley fans are going crazy because Sakurai doesn't give them a conclusion, and we that already have our dream come true, don't have anything to talk about, the thread would be more lively if she wasn't confirmed already the ironies of live

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone know a good Kid Icarus Uprising lets play that is high quality and really highlights the games Voice acting and has no else talking over it?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Does anyone know a good Kid Icarus Uprising lets play that is high quality and really highlights the games Voice acting and has no else talking over it?
As far as I know, Chuggaconroy's is the best one there is. He likes to talk, but he makes sure to remain quiet for most of the talking. Also, he adds little bonuses to videos ... like I don't think I'd know as much about the AR cards as I do thanks to him.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ok I know I said we should be patient, but seriously, wtf Sakurai. How many times are you going to push Rosalina and Mii filler down our throats before we get a new Palutena PotD.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Next Pic of the day
"Pic of the day. The mii swordfighter's sword changes in length depending on how many friends you have on miiverse! It was a lot of work, but we figured all the other characters were looking fine as they were so no need to worry about them."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ok I know I said we should be patient, but seriously, wtf Sakurai. How many times are you going to push Rosalina and Mii filler down our throats before we get a new Palutena PotD.
And I knew I was gonna hate those wretched Miis for such a thing, and I know how you feel. If this week has no Palutena, someone's getting hit with a Mega Laser. ;-;

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It'll come sooner or later. No point getting too uspet about it really, the POTD have always been kind of unpredictable.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
It's true that the POTD has been kinda repetitive, but you never know what tomorrow brings.

Palutena will surely come soon, I'm waiting for her myself :p

Burigu

Smash Ace
Maybe she is just so gracious and elegant to make common appearances, the Miis on the other hand almost nobody wanted them so Sakurai is pushing them so they grow on us, so far it's not working

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Maybe she is just so gracious and elegant to make common appearances, the Miis on the other hand almost nobody wanted them so Sakurai is pushing them so they grow on us, so far it's not working
I hated em from the start. But I personally want more variety. Even Rosalina's appearing often as of late, and where's our Goddess of Light? Like I said, I'm trying to wait, but all this Mii and Pac-man stuff is not getting me hyped at all. I'd even be settled to see a Pit pic, Bowser to a lesser extent. Palutena is the one I've been waiting for like I said. D:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
The mii's have always seemed messy to me, and I really wasn't expecting them to be New comers. I just want the daily pic to be a variety of characters, not just a certain target of characters.

Burigu

Smash Ace
On a second thought maybe Sakurai is showing the Mii's because unlike here or the common sense they are really popular on Miiverse and with casual gamers in general, which possibly have more impact on the sales than the hate they recived from a forum on the internet. Palutena is also really popular, but the among of 9 year olds I have seen exited for fighting "as themselves" is something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
On a second thought maybe Sakurai is showing the Mii's because unlike here or the common sense they are really popular on Miiverse and with casual gamers in general, which possibly have more impact on the sales than the hate they recived from a forum on the internet. Palutena is also really popular, but the among of 9 year olds I have seen exited for fighting "as themselves" is something to keep in mind.
how tragic

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm just peeved that even last year when Mega Man was the obvious hype, all three revealed newcomers got their due moment of attention, and they even had a developer direct explaining each of them.

This year, the only time Sakurai spoke about the game in the digitial conference was to explain the Miis, and in the pictures of the day he keeps talking about the miis!
Even Pac-Man, who's a HUGE addition, got one picture and the one match of him that happened was behind closed gates and we don't have access to the entirety of that match for some reason (compare to the MegaMan vs. Mario match we got last year and still have access to.) Meanwhile, Palutena got announced, has been barely mentioned since then, and has one picture that is actually about a game mode and not about her. Keeping in mind that before her revealed she was one of the most expected AND wanted characters all over.

But nooo, people must know about the miis and their sizes and their costumes.

Gosh, so bitter. And watch, the first time we do get Palutena it'll probably be some useless stuff like "Pic of the Day. Here's Palutena's final smash, Black Hole and Mega Laser!" which we all already know.

Sorry to rant, I'm just a bit annoyed at the Mii situation and instead of getting over it and accepting them, each day I get reminded of the wretched amount of time and attention they take away from the actual characters.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's pretty much the same thing I've been thinking. I'm pretty sure Palutena was probably the one who built the most hype, and yet is the one of the 3 recent newcomers getting the least attention, let alone nothing talking about her. Out with the annoying Miis and in with Palutena stuff, and should she not appear in the next 2 days, I will be demanding a surge of info on her to make up for lack of attention. She needs more data and attention and we can't wait much longer, so I don't mind the rant because I know how you feel.
It should be her time, and when it is, it better be a good PotD or be much more frequent.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
But nooo, people must know about the miis and their sizes and their costumes.

Gosh, so bitter. And watch, the first time we do get Palutena it'll probably be some useless stuff like "Pic of the Day. Here's Palutena's final smash, Black Hole and Mega Laser!" which we all already know.

Sorry to rant, I'm just a bit annoyed at the Mii situation and instead of getting over it and accepting them, each day I get reminded of the wretched amount of time and attention they take away from the actual characters.
You want to know what else is wretched?

Miis rhyme with bees.

BEES.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, the Palutena image gallery is dead, due to all the fanart that was posted on there. I can't even edit the original post anymore. In hindsight, I probably should've stepped in and told Beastmegs that was a place for official screenshots of Lady Palutena. :urg:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
Well, the Palutena image gallery is dead, due to all the fanart that was posted on there. I can't even edit the original post anymore. In hindsight, I probably should've stepped in and told Beastmegs that was a place for official screenshots of Lady Palutena. :urg:
i'm really sorry i didn't mean to mess up as much as i did its really my fualt for not reading it right
i hope you can forgive i just wanted to spread the palutena love guess i spread too much i promise it won't happen again

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Shoulda made it the equivalent to the Pit image thread. Granted, we couldn't do much because Sakurai isn't giving us what we want with Palutena PotD. My suggestion is to (patiently) wait for say 5 more Palutena PotD although I know it's gonna take a long time with those boring Miis stealing her spotlight. Just keep in mind that we will have to take discussions to other threads respectively.
I understand we love Palutena, but let's do our best to keep things in order for her sake. Last thing I need is for the Palutena forum to become similar to what became of the Brawl Pit forums back in the day: Lack of data and just merely social chaos.
Don't get me wrong when I say that I'm having difficulties being patient like the rest, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
i'm really sorry i didn't mean to mess up as much as i did its really my fualt for not reading it right
i hope you can forgive i just wanted to spread the palutena love guess i spread too much i promise it won't happen again
Hey, man, no need to worry. Water under the bridge n' ****. You managed to give me a whole lot more Palutena fanart, so I'm happy for that.

Well that came out of nowhere.

A warning would have been nice ... I was seriously under the impression image gallery threads were for any type of images.
Hm. Well, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Last edited:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
whats worse is that for all we know palutena actually gets a PotD and i just destroyed the gallary thread,
oh well anything to keep palutena dicussion alive is good
but still i'm so ashamed of myself now how could i let this happen if only i read the rules

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
whats worse is that for all we know palutena actually gets a PotD and i just destroyed the gallary thread,
oh well anything to keep palutena dicussion alive is good
but still i'm so ashamed of myself now how could i let this happen if only i read the rules
Well you can edit your post to remove the images if that is what "killed" the thread I guess it takes to much time to load, but if that is the case that is an option. But then again I am not sure if the among of fan art is what killed the thread

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well you can edit your post to remove the images if that is what "killed" the thread I guess it takes to much time to load, but if that is the case that is an option. But then again I am not sure if the among of fan art is what killed the thread
You can't edit your posts in a locked thread. At least, as far as I know.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I find it strange that the image gallery was locked... No warnings were given, it was just randomly locked. I feel like they could've given a warning or maybe asked for the fan art to be removed or something...

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
i just hope i didn't cuse it to stay locked forever it will be needed when we actually have Palutena screen shots

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't know it was locked :( I just thought the among of images make the thread almost imposible to navigate
Well, technically, it did. The fanart is what caused the thread to be locked.

I find it strange that the image gallery was locked... No warnings were given, it was just randomly locked. I feel like they could've given a warning or maybe asked for the fan art to be removed or something...
Well, them's the breaks, I guess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
STILL no Palutena PotD in 2 weeks and we get stupid Pac-man in his 3ds stage. The most hyped of the 3 and she gets nothing!? Like I said in that other thread, in spirit of 4th of July, someone's gonna get Celestial Firework'd into a coma for neglecting the Goddess of Light!

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
STILL no Palutena PotD in 2 weeks and we get stupid Pac-man in his 3ds stage. The most hyped of the 3 and she gets nothing!? Like I said in that other thread, in spirit of 4th of July, someone's gonna get Celestial Firework'd into a coma for neglecting the Goddess of Light!
Whoa there, friend! I wanna see Lady Palutena as much as the next guy, but it's nice to be getting other information. So what if Lady Palutena doesn't get a PoTD for a while? It just means they're gearing up to show us something really cool with her!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I echo the groan of no Palutena after almost a month since her reveal ... but that bit about the Pac-Man stage was pretty freaking cool, and I did want Pac-Man so it's nice he finally got a picture as well. Kind of.

It also makes me wonder what the reset bomb forest will be like. I hope it's not too much of a gimmick all over, I like Kid Icarus music and would like to have good stages to go along with it. So far I feel like from the 3DS I'll be mostly in Arena Ferox and Pac-Maze since everything else looks extremely dynamic. Oh yea, and battlefield.

Top Bottom