• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Seeing how the other newcomers have had their moves explained, I just hope we begin learning which are the default moves. I'm interested in using Palutena in tournament set ups as well as online, so that sort of information is important to have an idea of how she'll play.

Also, more images of her would be awesome, even if like five people in smashboards are likely to end up with the same avatar if a good, new image of palutena comes up.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm happy that Palutena's reveal has spurred this new wave of art for her.

I just wish 98% of it wasn't pron (can't use any of them for avis : x)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's always cool poses or something that we can request. I'm certain that eventually I want Pit and Palutena doing a great team pose since both will be my mains. Finding the right person who can do the request is the hard part.
Part of me wants to wait mainly because we don't know what Palutena's alt costumes are yet, while I know my signature gold Pit color is back.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
There's always cool poses or something that we can request. I'm certain that eventually I want Pit and Palutena doing a great team pose since both will be my mains. Finding the right person who can do the request is the hard part.
Part of me wants to wait mainly because we don't know what Palutena's alt costumes are yet, while I know my signature gold Pit color is back.
You could always request it, then have a seperate person recolor. I've done that a few times before.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You could always request it, then have a seperate person recolor. I've done that a few times before.
I might consider that, though I prefer the original artist to do it, but we'll see. Team Skyworld shall rise soon enough. <3

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I don't know much about Palutena, but is her moveset comprised of customizable moves? Or is there a set moveset with the ability to customize it just like any other character? I don't know if my question makes a lot of sense but I hope someone is able to understand what I mean.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So I don't know much about Palutena, but is her moveset comprised of customizable moves? Or is there a set moveset with the ability to customize it just like any other character? I don't know if my question makes a lot of sense but I hope someone is able to understand what I mean.
I'm guessing she's going to have a base move set that you can customize differently. It would make the most sense.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All her specials are completely different moves instead of different variations of the same move, which make her (and those... Miis...) unique. Unfortunately we still need to know which 4 of those 12 moves are part of her original moveset. If only we'd get information on that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Heavenly light, Explosive flame, Warp and Rocket Jump are her first four in the trailer.

Seems like she would be a mid-distance fighter and might not fare well in close-up battles hence warp and rocket jump designed to escape to a different part of the stage.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
GameXplain's analysis of Palutena's reveal trailer:

They're guessing that Celestial Fireworks, Jump Glide, Reflect Barrier and Superspeed are the default specials.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I haven't watched it mostly because I have mixed feelings about the guys who do GameXplain in general (They were all "Yeah, I can see Chrom and Marth being the reps what with the whole "Two lords per Smash game rule"...)

Anyway, I'd love to hear any reasoning as to why Celestial Fireworks, and not Heavenly Light is a base skill.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIII did a thing......

Left version is 1280x720, the right version is 1920x1080. Feel free to use as a wallpaper!
Also feel free to use the transparent logo.

And if you would like a custom size, feel free to ask! I use the ultra high res renders which are over 5000x5000, so I can surely handle any size!

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman

This pic makes me think that the default neutral special is Heavenly Light due to Kirby holding the staff up just like she does when doing that power as shown her. Kirby's staff even glows yellow just like Palutena's does.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I haven't watched it mostly because I have mixed feelings about the guys who do GameXplain in general (They were all "Yeah, I can see Chrom and Marth being the reps what with the whole "Two lords per Smash game rule"...)

Anyway, I'd love to hear any reasoning as to why Celestial Fireworks, and not Heavenly Light is a base skill.
I don't see what is wrong with this statement. Everyone and their mothers thought there would be only two lords in Smash 4 and that Ike would be cut.

So you probably have mixed feelings about most people. :p

Still, I hope they are wrong about their prediction for Palutena's default specials. :c

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This pic makes me think that the default neutral special is Heavenly Light due to Kirby holding the staff up just like she does when doing that power as shown her. Kirby's staff even glows yellow just like Palutena's does.
However, there is one thing that hasn't been confirmed about Kirby - does Kirby ALWAYS copy the default neutral, or does he copy the specific neutral his opponent has equipped?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't see what is wrong with this statement. Everyone and their mothers thought there would be only two lords in Smash 4 and that Ike would be cut.

So you probably have mixed feelings about most people. :p

Still, I hope they are wrong about their prediction for Palutena's default specials. :c
To answer the first question, yes, I have mixed feelings about people who judge patterns rather than characters, and I'll never change. That, and one of those guys is incredibly anti-Ridley, and thinks Project M takes all the fun out of the game. So there's that.

But yeah, Celestial Fireworks seems cool, but just...doesn't seem like the default B. If it was, why would it be shown that late in the trailer?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
However, there is one thing that hasn't been confirmed about Kirby - does Kirby ALWAYS copy the default neutral, or does he copy the specific neutral his opponent has equipped?
I'm guessing the neutral the opponet currently has equipped.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To answer the first question, yes, I have mixed feelings about people who judge patterns rather than characters, and I'll never change. That, and one of those guys is incredibly anti-Ridley, and thinks Project M takes all the fun out of the game. So there's that.

But yeah, Celestial Fireworks seems cool, but just...doesn't seem like the default B. If it was, why would it be shown that late in the trailer?
You mean André, right?

I don't like him a lot myself. He's the obnoxious, close minded guy of the group, I feel. And he makes a lot of very unnecessary comments. But I don't let him get in the way of enjoying GameXplain. Other than him, it's a really great channel, and Derrick in particular is really nice and open minded, and never makes fun of any fan bases.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I believe that this will be Lady Palutena's default moveset.

Neutral B: Heavenly Light. On one of her pics, it shows her with Kirby, who has copied her special. Palutena's pose is exactly the same pose from when she showed off Heavenly Light in the Trailer.

Side B: Explosive Flame. This is showed on one of her pics on her profile page, so that's why I believe that.

Up B: Warp or Jump Glide. Warp make since for a goddess. She 'warps' to Pit's rescue in the anime-part of the trailer basically. And Jump Glide makes since for Palutena, (she used it in Kid Icarus Uprising Basically when she was under-control by the Chaos Kin, right? For movement? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Down B: Reflect Barrier. She uses it in the anime-part of the trailer.

So, what do you guys think?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
You mean André, right?

I don't like him a lot myself. He's the obnoxious, close minded guy of the group, I feel. And he makes a lot of very unnecessary comments. But I don't let him get in the way of enjoying GameXplain. Other than him, it's a really great channel, and Derrick in particular is really nice and open minded, and never makes fun of any fan bases.
I don't like him either, for the same reason ^^.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I believe that this will be Lady Palutena's default moveset.

Neutral B: Heavenly Light. On one of her pics, it shows her with Kirby, who has copied her special. Palutena's pose is exactly the same pose from when she showed off Heavenly Light in the Trailer.

Side B: Explosive Flame. This is showed on one of her pics on her profile page, so that's why I believe that.

Up B: Warp or Jump Glide. Warp make since for a goddess. She 'warps' to Pit's rescue in the anime-part of the trailer basically. And Jump Glide makes since for Palutena, (she used it in Kid Icarus Uprising Basically when she was under-control by the Chaos Kin, right? For movement? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Down B: Reflect Barrier. She uses it in the anime-part of the trailer.

So, what do you guys think?
Dat double post ;)

Actually Palutena doesn't use any of the powers in her boss battle, she just float around which is totally different from Jump Glice animation I would have posted a pic as proof but didn't find any.

Glad at least Game Xplain revived this thread, it was too quiet these days and I couldn't figure a way to revive it

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dat double post ;)

Actually Palutena doesn't use any of the powers in her boss battle, she just float around which is totally different from Jump Glice animation I would have posted a pic as proof but didn't find any.

Glad at least Game Xplain revived this thread, it was too quiet these days and I couldn't figure a way to revive it
I was hoping SUPER BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH SISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS would do the trick but unfortunately not.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I was hoping SUPER BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH SISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS would do the trick but unfortunately not.
Yours was a very good work, I liked it already, thanks I didn't meant to dismiss your work thanking GameXplain for reviving the thread, any fanart about Smash or Palutena is welcome in my eyes (well except those fetishs images that torment Pixiv)

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
So is Palutena officially the tallest character in ssb history?

Sorry Rosalina

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I think Rosalina is still at least a head taller than Palutena, judging from both Rosalina being in today's pic for being a very tall female, and it seems like she was taller when she showed up at the end of Palutena's trailer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't mean to make it sound like I felt ignored, I literally was hoping that maybe it would generate some Smash hype or even just silly talk about Palutena and her shenanigans in Uprising. :p

Unfortunately, I did fear this thread would lose it's momentum shortly after her reveal. Simply put, we didn't get any info on her beyond her reveal trailer and the fact that she can be customised like Mii Fighters.

On the topic of Rosalina's height versus Palutena's in Smash, Rosalina wins by far. Haven't really looked into it, but Rosalina definitely struck me as much taller. Palutena looks no taller than Zero Suit Samus in Smash, and here's what a slightly bent over Rosalina looks like compared to ZSS:

(I would like to note that I don't mean this in a sense that Rosalina is better because she is taller, just stating facts - people often forget how ridiculously tall she is)

Also Palutena's a babe in this game. Her model is amazing. Nobody can trump Rosalina for me personally, but I always did love Palutena's design.

Also glad to have Ali Hillis' voice in Smash, she voices two of my favourite females in video games, one being Palutena! <3

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Dat double post ;)

Okay thanks for the info ^^

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I didn't mean to make it sound like I felt ignored, I literally was hoping that maybe it would generate some Smash hype or even just silly talk about Palutena and her shenanigans in Uprising. :p

Unfortunately, I did fear this thread would lose it's momentum shortly after her reveal. Simply put, we didn't get any info on her beyond her reveal trailer and the fact that she can be customised like Mii Fighters.

On the topic of Rosalina's height versus Palutena's in Smash, Rosalina wins by far. Haven't really looked into it, but Rosalina definitely struck me as much taller. Palutena looks no taller than Zero Suit Samus in Smash, and here's what a slightly bent over Rosalina looks like compared to ZSS:

(I would like to note that I don't mean this in a sense that Rosalina is better because she is taller, just stating facts - people often forget how ridiculously tall she is)

Also Palutena's a babe in this game. Her model is amazing. Nobody can trump Rosalina for me personally, but I always did love Palutena's design.

Also glad to have Ali Hillis' voice in Smash, she voices two of my favourite females in video games, one being Palutena! <3
Geezus, Rosalina is Towering over Zamus XD

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
You mean André, right?

I don't like him either, for the same reason ^^.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is true. If André tried to get a gf, I'd hope he'd try to be more like Derrick since his open-mindedness and accepting personality is very appealing to most people. Although André isn't chubby like Derrick, so there's a bit of a plus.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not so much saying what I am about Andre on a personal level, I merely mean his attitude in a lot of the discussion videos on GameXplain. When it comes to games, he can very much come across as a bit salty about some things, or will tastelessly make fun of something without it being really warranted. He doesn't really do it constantly, it's just especially noticeable since the other guys are so calm and open minded, and all around pleasant to listen to.

I think this is also partly due to Andre pretty much being a Nintendo gamer historically and nothing else, while the other guys play all sorts.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is true. If André tried to get a gf, I'd hope he'd try to be more like Derrick since his open-mindedness and accepting personality is very appealing to most people. Although André isn't chubby like Derrick, so there's a bit of a plus.
True That.
I'm not so much saying what I am about Andre on a personal level, I merely mean his attitude in a lot of the discussion videos on GameXplain. When it comes to games, he can very much come across as a bit salty about some things, or will tastelessly make fun of something without it being really warranted. He doesn't really do it constantly, it's just especially noticeable since the other guys are so calm and open minded, and all around pleasant to listen to.

I think this is also partly due to Andre pretty much being a Nintendo gamer historically and nothing else, while the other guys play all sorts.
Yeah, he CAN be salty at times. The other guys/gals are more open minded than him, but Andre is not that bad, he's ok.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658

Oh please at least they are alot better than IGN -___-
Derrick is a nice guy though

Jump glide seems pretty fun. Wings of Icarus all over again? :3
Heavenly light does seem odd for a neutral B though (Heck all of the neutral b options seems weird)

also I hope Warp is able to work multi directional. :/

Top Bottom