• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Oh please at least they are alot better than IGN -___-
Derrick is a nice guy though

Jump glide seems pretty fun. Wings of Icarus all over again? :3
Heavenly light does seem odd for a neutral B though (Heck all of the neutral b options seems weird)

also I hope Warp is able to work multi directional. :/
I believe Andre use to work for IGN before founding GameXplain.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
They aren't perfect, but given the extremely bloated and overly opinioniated world that is game journalism at this point. It's interesting to at least have someone try to look at the information and try to back it up with possible evidence even if it doesn't always turn out to be correct in all cases. Which is fine if your not presenting an your opinion as absolute which many others tend to do.

They can be a little opinionated during the discussions, but it's pretty clear during the discussion that they are simply talking unscripted which generally means you are going to have less well thought out reactions to certain things, that's just how it plays out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will say though, the "Is Mario Selling Out?" Discussion is probably the worst thing they ever have made.

That whole video was just André trying to be a hipster while the other two are just like "...whatever, Mercedes Benz in Mario Kart, free DLC, boom".

...Also, isn't this the Palutena topic?

...God damn it there is literally nothing to talk about with her. We know so little in hindsight, and everything we do know needs no further elaboration.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If only we'd get an informative Palutena pic for a change, we'd be able to talk about something. I'm already a bit annoyed bout Pac-Man getting 2 PotDs, 4 if you count the announcement pic and a pic of one of his stages... while Palutena only has 1 of her in the new HRC, 2 if you count the announcement pic. Even those... *eyetwitch* Miis have PotDs showing more info than Palutena.

When is our Goddess of Light getting another PotD, or more importantly, when is she getting an informative pic for a change!?

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
to increase palutena discussion in this plautena thread is alright if i post fan art?
it will be mostly cute and funny stuff i don't really save ecchi art work

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If only we'd get an informative Palutena pic for a change, we'd be able to talk about something. I'm already a bit annoyed bout Pac-Man getting 2 PotDs, 4 if you count the announcement pic and a pic of one of his stages... while Palutena only has 1 of her in the new HRC, 2 if you count the announcement pic. Even those... *eyetwitch* Miis have PotDs showing more info than Palutena.

When is our Goddess of Light getting another PotD, or more importantly, when is she getting an informative pic for a change!?
Patience Admiral, she's merely allowing those beneath her a chance to shine before she puts them all to shame

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Since we don't yet have anything to discuss about Palutena... how do you think her Screen KO will look like?
A lot keep saying Palutena looks pretty expressionless but I'm sure she'll be implemented expressions around this game's finishing development stages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her Screen KO probably won't look any less goofy than Rosalina's, at least. :p

-----------------

So I realised that my Super Bash Sisters wallpaper and such was compressed on tumblr, so I've decided to set up a Dropbox folder for the Smash 4 wallpapers (and related images, like the Super Bash Sisters logo) I make, so that I can share them much more easily. Here's the link to the folder, where you'll find the uncompressed version of those wallpapers and the logo, which look much nicer:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qee8h8t8j6u66ok/AABQIu49tta5VvRDWdcWDItEa

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I keep rewatching Palutena's reveal trailer haha

Do you guys think the "Anything an angel can do, a goddess can do better" is a reference to "anything Palutena can do I (Viridi) can do it better :p

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
*gets home and sees a new Palutena fanart that looks nice and isn't hentai*

Today is a good day.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
i can't seem to post image's its not giving me the option to attach files is there something i'm not doing right?

Hong

The Strongest
i can't seem to post image's its not giving me the option to attach files is there something i'm not doing right?
Upload your desired image to a free hosting site, like imgur. For example sake, I'll upload an image of Palutena and Pit.

I have copied the image address and put it between img tags.
It should look like this

Code:
[img]imageaddresshere.png[/img]

In my case, I uploaded this image:

The code looks like this:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nyo6GrP.png[/IMG]
Alternatively, imgur presents you with the option of copying the image tags directly. Alternatively, you can also click the Image button above your text field (next to the smiling face) and put the image address there. :)

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
ok thanks for the help now i can post some nice art work

Last edited:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
so this may come as a schock to some of you but Ali Hillis the voice actress for Palutena in Kid icarus uprising won't return to voice Palutena in the new Smash bros came insted her friend Brandy Kopp will play Palutena Ali Hillis confirmed this via twitter

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
so this may come as a schock to some of you but Ali Hillis the voice actress for Palutena in Kid icarus uprising won't return to voice Palutena in the new Smash bros came insted her friend Brandy Kopp will play Palutena Ali Hillis confirmed this via twitter
I already posted this in the "Voice Actors?" thread but thanks anyway.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I can't believe it's not her the voice is identical, and I fought with sword in hand in the voice actress thread, it was her now I look like a fool. But well the new voice actress sounds so similar, than only a minority notices a difference

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
More Palutena fan art is always good. :3 I'm also entirely unaffected by the hentai. I still consider it more fan art.

As for the voice actresses, she still sounds good either way. :3

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I thought she sounded totally different in that trailer. Not remotely similar. Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Palutena mains need to be classy like the Zelda mains. (sorry Rosalina and ZSS mains but yall's ain't)

Last edited:

XionKai

Smash Cadet
How, broken do you think palutena, will be against, Zero Suit Samus, and Samus? o:
just wondering for a simple question. :\

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's really hard to say without knowing what she would play like and what her default moves would be.

Also, currently it seems like ZSS and Samus are pretty powerful themselves.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm honestly a bit enraged that Palutena still hasn't gotten another PotD. I know I'm trying to wait, but I can only be so patient. At this point, idc if it's not informative; I just want to see another PotD with her in it, with Pit around preferably.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm honestly a bit enraged that Palutena still hasn't gotten another PotD. I know I'm trying to wait, but I can only be so patient. At this point, idc if it's not informative; I just want to see another PotD with her in it, with Pit around preferably.
I agree with this. Sakurai bias my ass, we haven't gotten any Palutena info. The newcomers last year got a developer's direct with explanations, this year he explained the Miis and then nothing else.

Eh, I guess it's crunch time for them and they're more worried about delivering the game on time than about the outflow of information. Still, I just want more info on her moves or playing style.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
How, broken do you think palutena, will be against, Zero Suit Samus, and Samus? o:
just wondering for a simple question. :\
Probably as broken as any other character is against them. So... not broken.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm pretty content with the PotDs we've been getting but I wouldn't mind seeing Sakurai shed some light on Palutena's moveset; specifically what Heavenly Light does and how a few of her other moves work. I guess actually knowing what her standard moveset would help as well.

Just as long as it's new info and not her just standing there while Sakurai talks about something unrelated to her.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Obviously Sakurai teased her a lot until her reveal and after her reveal he doesn't show anything about her, you can say he is a troll before and after the reveal.

I'm pretty content with the PotDs we've been getting but I wouldn't mind seeing Sakurai shed some light on Palutena's moveset; specifically what Heavenly Light does and how a few of her other moves work. I guess actually knowing what her standard moveset would help as well.

Just as long as it's new info and not her just standing there while Sakurai talks about something unrelated to her.
Where did you get the pic of your sign? I like it a lot obviously I wouldn't use it because you already have it, but I would like to see the whole pic if there is one

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I don't even care if Palutena is shown in the pics of the day. I'm just extremely excited that she's in the game, however, if sakurai does decide to show some extra details I wouldn't mind ;)

Top Bottom