• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Not entirely annoyed because it's nice to see more info on other aspects of the game. But I can see why those waiting for Palutena-info might feel like getting neglected.

Maybe they don't actually know what to talk about her the best way possible? Who knows.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I echo the groan of no Palutena after almost a month since her reveal ... but that bit about the Pac-Man stage was pretty freaking cool, and I did want Pac-Man so it's nice he finally got a picture as well. Kind of.

It also makes me wonder what the reset bomb forest will be like. I hope it's not too much of a gimmick all over, I like Kid Icarus music and would like to have good stages to go along with it. So far I feel like from the 3DS I'll be mostly in Arena Ferox and Pac-Maze since everything else looks extremely dynamic. Oh yea, and battlefield.
I think Viridi Goddess of Nature played in the demo for the Reset Bomb Forest, and after the reset bomb falls, the stage stay stationary and doesn't scroll like some people speculated.
Also in Smash Run Dark Pit's theme was heard

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Sorry I'm late, been a big Palutena supporter sense Day 1. And I wanted to say this during E3 but, let us all celebrate with Celestial Fireworks!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now if only we'd get an informative PotD of her, let alone just a PotD with her in it... that would be nice.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Now if only we'd get an informative PotD of her, let alone just a PotD with her in it... that would be nice.
Agreed my fine Admiral.

Heck, I'll take her lying on the ground in a zoomed up shot, just give me some of dat Palutena

EDIT: @ IsmaR IsmaR I understand the reasoning behind it, but can't you unlock the Image thread, edit/delete the fanart, and let it go from there. These guys didn't know and they clearly learned their lesson, so surely it'd be ok. The OP can't even be edited for a new PotD now because of this, and I highly doubt you want someone to make a new thread for it while the locked one is still stickied and exists.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I rather the image thread not be unlocked til we actually get a couple more Palutena PotD to make up for how dry it would have been. With that in mind, although I'm trying to be patient, I'm still enraged by the lack of her appearance.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ok, it took forever, but I'm satisfied with Paper Palutena.

Now I can sleep blissfully
You should've talked to that hextupleyoodot guy about Paper Palutena. He's already made Paper Ice Climbers and Paper Pikachu.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
EDIT: @ IsmaR IsmaR I understand the reasoning behind it, but can't you unlock the Image thread, edit/delete the fanart, and let it go from there. These guys didn't know and they clearly learned their lesson, so surely it'd be ok. The OP can't even be edited for a new PotD now because of this, and I highly doubt you want someone to make a new thread for it while the locked one is still stickied and exists.
What lesson did they learn, exactly? "Image dump threads aren't allowed, so I'll allow this one now" makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll gladly unsticky it, if that's what you're getting at (which I doubt will solve anything). Otherwise you should contact the mod who stickied it in the first place (@ Curious Villager Curious Villager ) and see what they would want to do with it. And for the record, the PotD updates can be posted/discussed in here just fine.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero tags don't work when they are edited in from what i understand @ IsmaR IsmaR
They do work, but alerts are weird with it sometimes. I respond quicker to namesearching, either way.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah I meant that it doesn't seem to alert the user tagged. Though i haven't seen a case where it has alerted someone yet..

Burigu

Smash Ace
What lesson did they learn, exactly? "Image dump threads aren't allowed, so I'll allow this one now" makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll gladly unsticky it, if that's what you're getting at (which I doubt will solve anything). Otherwise you should contact the mod who stickied it in the first place (@ Curious Villager Curious Villager ) and see what they would want to do with it. And for the record, the PotD updates can be posted/discussed in here just fine.

They do work, but alerts are weird with it sometimes. I respond quicker to namesearching, either way.
Well to be fair it was only one user who was uploading the fanart and other characters have their own official images thread so I don't see harm in having one here, all the fan art could be removed (the user learned the lesson) and update the thread with only official material, that way the thread will no longer be against the rules

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm? I was called? *checks Palutena image gallery thread*

The heck happened there....?

Well that was a little.... careless. But yeah @ Beastmegs Beastmegs , dumping images like this isn't really allowed here. Especially not with multiple posts back to back.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
Hmm? I was called? *checks Palutena image gallery thread*

The heck happened there....?

Well that was a little.... careless. But yeah @ Beastmegs Beastmegs , dumping images like this isn't really allowed here. Especially not with multiple posts back to back.
my apologies i wasn't aware of it at the time mostly my fualt for not reading the rules i was fully willing to stop if i was giving a heads up which i did by another Moderater but by the time that
happend the thread was already locked i promise i won't do it again and i'll just post fan art every now and then only on this thread
i'm very sorry for the trouble i have caused

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
my apologies i wasn't aware of it at the time i was fully willing to stop if i was giving a heads up which i did but by the time that
happend the thread was already locked i promise i won't do it again and i'll just post fan art every now and then only on this thread
i'm very sorry for the trouble i have caused
Well you do sound like you are genuinely sorry for what you did and have learned your lesson.

At one hand, keeping that thread locked wouldn't be fair on the Palutena fans when a lot of other similar threads are open for the other character boards. But at the other, IsmaR doesn't seem too fond of the idea of reopening that thread again due to the careless fan art dump that happened there...

What to do, what to do.... perhaps for now just heed his advice and discuss any new pics involving Palutena in this thread and then I'll see if we will reopen the image gallery again sometime... :/

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
Well you do sound like you are genuinely sorry for what you did and have learned your lesson.

At one hand, keeping that thread locked wouldn't be fair on the Palutena fans when a lot of other similar threads are open for the other character boards. But at the other, IsmaR doesn't seem too fond of the idea of reopening that thread again due to the careless fan art dump that happened there...

What to do, what to do.... perhaps for now just heed his advice and discuss any new pics involving Palutena in this thread and then I'll see if we will reopen the image gallery again sometime... :/
its probably for the best too keep that thread locked for now i doubt with the ways things have been going we won't be seeing much
of palutena in the Potd i think its best to either unlock it when there is more gameplay of plautena available such as if there is
another smash bros direct or unlock it when the game releases for japan there will lots of gameplay to make gifs and screen shots
of her then that sounds fair right?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
its probably for the best too keep that thread locked for now i doubt with the ways things have been going we won't be seeing much
of palutena in the Potd i think its best to either unlock it when there is more gameplay of plautena available such as if there is
another smash bros direct or unlock it when the game releases for japan there will lots of gameplay to make gifs and screen shots
of her then that sounds fair right?
We will see.

By the way, next time you want to post any more images. Be sure to keep them all in one post (double posting is frowned upon) and cover them all under a spoiler tag. Don't spread them around like that as it causes lag and quite a lot to scroll through. Just a friendly advice.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
We will see.

By the way, next time you want to post any more images. Be sure to keep them all in one post (double posting is frowned upon) and cover them all under a spoiler tag. Don't spread them around like that as it causes lag and quite a lot to scroll through. Just a friendly advice.
yes i'll be sure to remeber that i was already adviced to do so from now on thanks anyway

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For fairness, I'd like to wait til we get 3 PotD before any progress. It's to ensure that we can have a little update to start it off instead of just 1, although I'm hoping Sakurai would pay attention to her for once.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For fairness, I'd like to wait til we get 3 PotD before any progress. It's to ensure that we can have a little update to start it off instead of just 1, although I'm hoping Sakurai would pay attention to her for once.
inb4 Lady Palutena gets no PoTD updates from now on, and we have to figure out everything about her ourselves :troll:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
inb4 Lady Palutena gets no PoTD updates from now on, and we have to figure out everything about her ourselves :troll:
well considering there is a good chance a veteran may get revealed soon and steal the spotlight thats probably the case hehehe.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482

another day another mii pictrue will we ever see our goddes ever again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I seriously never expected Palutena to be the most ignored newcomer of the bunch in terms of information and presence.

Or maybe it was just the timing of having to follow up the freaking Miis.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Told you those Miis are evil. The more days Palutena doesn't get a PotD, the more angrier I get. I really don't know what else to say since we've been dry of info for almost a month.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So many things they coulda talked about for Palutena. Her moveset, which moves are which specials, her costumes and alternate ones if she has one, or even just show off her grace. Speaking of wanting more PotD of her, I want to see Pit again, so maybe the 2 on Palutena's Temple together would also make me happy.
Unfortunately these evil Miis are stealing our thunder. As said before, we better get a Palutena PotD very soon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The Miis have officially become filler by this point. Today's PotD was about the Gunner's change shot and nothing else (on top of all the attention they've gotten already), while Palutena still has nothing since E3. At the very least I'd like some clarification for one or two specials that are part the default moveset. Maybe Sakurai is trying to mask his favoritism to Kid Icarus by not talking about her or something?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You know, all things considered (and having slept my anger away) at least we did have the joy of our favorite character revealed for Smash. In my case, I get to play as my favorite Nintendo character of all time in less than three months. Let hype replace anger.

You gotta stay upbeat, upbeat, upbeat~!

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, all things considered (and having slept my anger away) at least we did have the joy of our favorite character revealed for Smash. In my case, I get to play as my favorite Nintendo character of all time in less than three months. Let hype replace anger.

You gotta stay upbeat, upbeat, upbeat~!
Or you'll be dead meat, dead meat, dead meat!

In all seriousness, I agree with you here. As long as Lady Palutena is here, I don't care about anything else. Plus, I like getting information, no matter what character the info is for.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Ultimately, yes, at least we can rest easy now that she's confirmed and not have to worry about speculation anymore, which more then I can say for a certain other character...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ultimately, yes, at least we can rest easy now that she's confirmed and not have to worry about speculation anymore, which more then I can say for a certain other character...
A certain other character? I'm afraid I have no idea who you're talking about.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
A certain other character? I'm afraid I have no idea who you're talking about.
its ridley i belive he is talking about there is still so much mistery wether he is just a stage hazard or not
but this isn't the place to talk about that right now

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
its ridley i belive he is talking about there is still so much mistery wether he is just a stage hazard or not
but this isn't the place to talk about that right now
Really? After a bit of thought, I came to the conclusion that he's talking about Dark Pit.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Really? After a bit of thought, I came to the conclusion that he's talking about Dark Pit.
Dark Pit would be cool not gonna lie, he could use all the weapons from Uprising.

Completely different from Pit, but 3 Kid Icarus characters would be a bit of a stretch.

Btw I have to say first post in here. I'm happy Palutena is in the game and that trailer also had Link in anime form which was cool.

I'm just wondering what her default B's are and how she fully plays.

Top Bottom