• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Well, that was worth the wait. Glad to see some of Palutena's moves getting descriptions! Her range is insane!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want 3 more Palutena pics before we do. It's to ensure that the gallery is getting a good update.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm glad she has her light columns as they were her coolest looking move from her fight in Uprising. So far I think it's the only move from her fight to actually make it in which is a shame because we don't really have much of a light archetype in smash outside of Pit and Zelda's arrows.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I'm gonna love stabbing opponents on higher platforms with that U-smash. She has that for those that recover high a bit, but now I wonder if she has great moves for poking at opponents that recover low.
Well that if "This might sting..." (which is the move that her UP Smash is based) can pass throw platforms, maybe the attack as long reach but only with no obtacles on the way, in both the trailer and in the pic there is no obstacle on its way so we really don't know that yet
Game & Watch may not be a newcomer but he sure as heck appeared in Pac-Man's vid.

Does this mean G&W is cut? Doubtful, I think Sakurai was actively teasing something with Dark Pit
Dark Pit is going to be playable.......................... as a pallete for Pit
He is teased exactly the same as Tom Nook or Isabelle both appear in the video and artwork for villager..... and both are deconfirmed, seriously no newcomer has been shown previously to their reveal, so Dark Pit doesn't make sense.
Newcomers can't be considered in the same terms as veterans, newcomers are put in the game with their own trailer to hype people, to increase sales, and althrought returning veterans are nice, they will never hype or have the same impact as a Newcomer so they can't be considered in the same situation.

He might be teasing: pallete swap (with his own voice etc) and assist trophy or something else, but stand alone newcomer

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I wonder how it interacts with edges (like say, standing on the ledge of BF, then U Smashing).

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
So do we outrightly assume that heavenly light is one of the defaults?
Sounds pretty weak despite the range imo
It could be pretty damaging depending on how they do it. It means that if a character gets juggled, sent up, or if they decide to play with platforms, you could punish by racking up damage.

It's definitely very interesting.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea. Palutena pic. Woo.

Up smash looks like a bad move at low percents.(low knock back and a decent amount of end lag) Edgeguards will only go straight up with this move. Its range is pretty good but you will probably only be able to get one hit in on the ledge before the enemy gets on stage. Especially with how hit-stun works in this game.

Heavenly light? boo....

I mean... if that move tacks on decent percent and lasts for a bit.... Than maybe. but that move will only be ok if she has a decent amount of options when enemies are up close. As far as I can tell heavenly light isn't very good.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Yea. Palutena pic. Woo.

Up smash looks like a bad move at low percents.(low knock back and a decent amount of end lag) Edgeguards will only go straight up with this move. Its range is pretty good but you will probably only be able to get one hit in on the ledge before the enemy gets on stage. Especially with how hit-stun works in this game.

Heavenly light? boo....

I mean... if that move tacks on decent percent and lasts for a bit.... Than maybe. but that move will only be ok if she has a decent amount of options when enemies are up close. As far as I can tell heavenly light isn't very good.
We don't know everything about heavenly light, so you don't need to be pessimistic yet.... And her up smash looks like a great move to me, ending lag doesn't look THAT bad. I think that you need to think more positively :)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We don't know everything about heavenly light, so you don't need to be pessimistic yet.... And her up smash looks like a great move to me, ending lag doesn't look THAT bad. I think that you need to think more positively :)
Well some of her custom moves certainly seem good. If there's follow up potential on the up-smash then thats definitely what it needs.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why is everyone assuming all the powers are custom specials? I'm pretty sure Autoreticle is her side-smash and Celestial Firework is a tilt.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Wait...so will Palutena only be able to use the default special moveset? Or can she use the other two as well but just not be able to switch a specific special (I'm talking about online). Cause that kind of seems like a waste...oh well.

Also, Angelic Missle =

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Why is everyone assuming all the powers are custom specials? I'm pretty sure Autoreticle is her side-smash and Celestial Firework is a tilt.
Her forward smash was already shown in the reveal and was used against link (iirc) and uses either her wings or staff after a roll. And they wouldn't name her tilts..

Burigu

Smash Ace
There are 14 powers shown in the trailer, 12 being specials and 2 fused together as a final smash, in the official site it is made clear that Palutena has 12 UNIQUE SPECIALS and aside for Final Smash (Mega laser + Black Hole) 12 are shown in the trailer, so you only need to do the math, PLUS her HALO ONLY appears when using SPECIALS, SMASH and taunts so Celestial Firework can't be a tilt.

Plus Normal attacks having a name shown in the trailer?

Watch this video it explain things nicely

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't know. GameXplain holds zero credibility for me.

Then again, the first video of theirs I watched was their OR/AS trailer analysis ("We see a pokéball here... That probably means you can catch Pokémon!")...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay, then listen to the wise Palutena speculatives on this board when we say Celestial Firework is a special move and this is her side smash:

...That looks sort of like Elysium's Ultra in Soul Calibur V.

I like it.

(I can't say I like the system with her specials, though. With so many anti customization horkers here, Palutena mains are gonna' be facing a nightmare.)

Burigu

Smash Ace
I don't know. GameXplain holds zero credibility for me.

Then again, the first video of theirs I watched was their OR/AS trailer analysis ("We see a pokéball here... That probably means you can catch Pokémon!")...
They might not have everything right but still there are some safe guesses that they and lots of us agree on, the 12 moves are specials no doubt about it.
Plus I mentioned other factors in my previous post and those are known facts. They highlighted Palutena's atributes in the trailer, her 12 unique specials.

...That looks sort of like Elysium's Ultra in Soul Calibur V.

I like it.

(I can't say I like the system with her specials, though. With so many anti customization horkers here, Palutena mains are gonna' be facing a nightmare.)
Well she will be prived for some specials like the other characters the difference is that hers are unique but really any character can be hurt be the anti customizations so it's not a big deal and personally most people here don't care about competitive I have played yoshi since Melee and he is considered bad, I only play for fun and I am really good with him

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Hey, even if they give her the crappiest specials as defaults, one can still find ways to make her awesome.

Plus, there's not even crappy moves that could be defaults. So far it seems heavenly light is default, and it looks awesome. Reflect seems like default, and it looks awesome.

Wonder which of the recovery moves is default.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Since the default moveset seems pretty zone-y, I'm assuming rocket jump. She doesn't seem like an aerial character so far, or one based on mobility ... at least not unless you go customized.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Since the default moveset seems pretty zone-y, I'm assuming rocket jump. She doesn't seem like an aerial character so far, or one based on mobility ... at least not unless you go customized.
Well, I'm assuming Jump Glide because it seems like you can still do stuff while you're in the Glide part of Jump Glide, while Rocket Jump seems like a one-and-done type of deal. Like, you use it, and then helpless. But with Jump Glide, I'm thinking you can do an aerial attack while you're gliding, which I think would add to Lady Palutena's zoning skills.

But hey, that's just me and my nonsensical, long-winded opinion. Heh.

Hong

The Strongest
From a gameplay perspective, Rocket Jump would be amazing for the default setup so Palutena has a decent OOS option.

Hong

The Strongest
OOS stand for Out of stage? I don't know
Out-of-shield. You can input the command for your B+Up special while shielding and it will come out more or less instantly.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Out-of-shield. You can input the command for your B+Up special while shielding and it will come out more or less instantly.
It's a common thing with Brawl Bowser's Up-B. I just hope the right Up-B for Palutena can be used OOS well like that.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
From a gameplay perspective, Rocket Jump would be amazing for the default setup so Palutena has a decent OOS option.
Yea but recovery wise it looks as bad as Little Mac's Up B. Who knows how good her double jump is. It might not be very good. Especially if its what we see at the end of the trailer after her final smash.

Jump Glide looks better to me but only if you can act while gliding.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Guys/ girls have you checked the eShop in the 3ds there is an official page for Smash for 3ds and Palutena appears in 2 out of 3 pictures! Sakurai modesty strikes again!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You'll have to describe it if you can. I can't even get on due to my internet being bad today. I hope those Palutena pics are amazing with a lot of good data.

EDIT: Finally kicked in, and I see em both. I love the first one best, showing off her grace, alone.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
You'll have to describe it if you can. I can't even get on due to my internet being bad today. I hope those Palutena pics are amazing with a lot of good data.

EDIT: Finally kicked in, and I see em both. I love the first one best, showing off her grace, alone.
Well I think the pics aren't new but still they look great

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Well here's one plus side to having the Goddess confirmed that I hadn't anticipated; I'll be able to enjoy Evo all weekend without worrying about whether or not my most wanted character will be revealed Monday.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pika and his "clone" already tried that side-B routine in Melee. Then you got Charizard with something similar, and now Palutena is doing it too. Point is they're like all flying headbutts. I'll probably like Palutena's best though.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Pika and his "clone" already tried that side-B routine in Melee. Then you got Charizard with something similar, and now Palutena is doing it too. Point is they're like all flying headbutts. I'll probably like Palutena's best though.
It seems like a charged up version of the Green Missile when it misfires. I can't remember how it looks though. Can someone post a gif or video of that move?

Also, I think her move does look the best too. It's probably my favorite out of all the others.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Lucina and Robin (you can play as the female one too) were revealed today, along with Falcon. While I'm skeptical about this, Robin's 50/50 with me only because of magic. I just am not big bout too many swords, but let's skip the bad spirit of mine. We got 2 more Palutena pics now because of them.

Just remember this is for Palutena.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Now I can see why the Palutena trailer was bad for those who hadn't played Uprising. Most of the gameplay in Robin and Lucina's reveal made little immediate sense to me, as somebody who hasn't touched Awakening. The two trailers are formatted extremely similar to each other, and having a character shout attacks as they do them is especially not pleasant when you don't know what they are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom