• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's also one of the most unique specials in the whole game. I hope it affects more than her running speed though, because I'm not sure how useful it'll be to cross a stage like Battlefield in a single bound.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
A move to troll Sonic is a good enough reason to use it imo

I love Smash reveals btw, it jump starts the artist community into making art for said character. All the glorious Plautena (that's right, isn't it IGN?) fanart for my nefarious needs

Also if there are Kid Icarus codecs, can Slippy appearing for Falco remain an ongoing gag. Please?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I plan on getting as many amiibos as possible, but will probably focus first on the characters I like just to have a nice figurine of those characters. Also, fighting a beefed up Palutena will help me figure out new techniques and vulnerabilities.
Right now I plan on only getting Pikachu, Palutena, and Ike, maybe Charizard. Out of other vets, Falco, Wolf, Game and Watch for sure. Maybe Ice Climbers.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
A move to troll Sonic is a good enough reason to use it imo

I love Smash reveals btw, it jump starts the artist community into making art for said character. All the glorious Plautena (that's right, isn't it IGN?) fanart for my nefarious needs

Also if there are Kid Icarus codecs, can Slippy appearing for Falco remain an ongoing gag. Please?
Usually the reveal of a female character just resulted in an increased number of rule 34.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Miiverse blew up with fan-art too. I haven't looked at Deviant-art but I'm sure theres got to be a bunch of stuff.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who honestly needs pants when you're a goddess?

Although technically, doesn't Pit not wear pants either? It's the style!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What fanservice are you talking about?

unnecessary butt and boobs shot. If you're desensitized then its probably not a big deal. People who watch anime all the time probably don't think much of it. (I'm one of those people but I know what he's talking about with "fan service")

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349

I found this, I'm not sure who made it (their username? is in the bottom left though). yeah. basically

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

unnecessary butt and boobs shot. If you're desensitized then its probably not a big deal. People who watch anime all the time probably don't think much of it. (I'm one of those people but I know what he's talking about with "fan service")
The boob shot is nothing really, but the ass shot is kind of hilarious.

If only because she THRUSTS for no real reason.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Does anyone think that Palutena is going to be a heavy character?

Also Nintendo at E3

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Ah, to me that's not fan service to be honest. Yeah unnecesary, but still doesn't get to the level of calling it that way.
And that's how shaft usually animates, they love making shots of hands, hips, zoomed in eyes, feet... Pretty much their style, like having head tilts every 5 seconds. For both male and female btw.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ah, to me that's not fan service to be honest. Yeah unnecesary, but still doesn't get to the level of calling it that way.
And that's how shaft usually animates, they love making shots of hands, hips, zoomed in eyes, feet... Pretty much their style, like having head tilts every 5 seconds. For both male and female btw.
The only thing I can recall seeing from them is Madoka. (haven't seen the third movie yet :()

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The only thing I can recall seeing from them is Madoka. (haven't seen the third movie yet :()
It's ok, if you're interested in knowing you should watch Monogatari series, Nisekoi or Mekaku City Actors (shows I highly recommend) and you'll get what I mean.

Anyway, someone expects Palutena, Pit or both to have codec calls? Also I'll cry tears of joy if they make HD versions of the character portraits while they are having them.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's ok, if you're interested in knowing you should watch Monogatari series, Nisekoi or Mekaku City Actors (shows I highly recommend) and you'll get what I mean.

Anyway, someone expects Palutena, Pit or both to have codec calls? Also I'll cry tears of joy if they make HD versions of the character portraits while they are having them.
I've actually been waiting to see Mekaku City Actors. I'm waiting for all the episodes to come out first. I've been a long time fan of vocaloid music so when I first heard the news of an anime of that was coming I was ecstatic. That was a few years ago.

Codecs would be cool for them. Phosphora and Magnus would be cool in codecs since they are Assist trophies. Might as well use the voice actors while they got them.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm going to go ahead and be a weirdo and admit that at first I thought the butt thrust and boob shots were actually meant to emphasize the bling and medal things she carries.

I only realized later that was probably not really the intent.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought it was both. I can't truthfully say I complained either way, but yeah.

She has a TON of bling, though. I mean honestly.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think it was both; in all three parts of that gif, I'm noticing a lot of attention given to her metal. In the first part, yeah the focus is clearly on the leg since everything is radiating outward from it, but in the second part her necklace is the only thing that's animated and even in the third part there's an animated sparkle on her headpiece.

/superanalysis

andimidna

Smash Master
Oh, I have a lot to talk about!

So I was on the website (http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/palutena.html) watching her trailer again (let's face it, we all watch it like 10 times a day, don't we?) and I got a link to vote on her video that sent me here: https://www.youtube.com/user/e3/custom
It looks like you rate if trailers were "legit" or "meh"
So I thought I'd recommend going and giving her trailer a "legit" if you guys wanted to :)

Also, man, Miiverse's popular posts section (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037299866/hot) is filled with Palutena. And I love seeing Palutena fans drawing her, but man, her face isn't the focus of very many of these pictures...

But some of it is actually her and not... hers... yea.
You guys will like this stuff more:

Wow, a lot of people compare her to Rosalina... hmm... well, I ain't even mad, they're my favorite Smash characters ever so, yay :3
But I'm surprised to see more "Palutena and Rosalina" than "Palutena and Pit"
It's the simplest of the ones I posted, but this was my favorite:

-------------------------------
Also, 2 seems like a good amount of assist trophies for a series like Kid Icarus.

Do you think Magnus and Phosphora will be our only Kid Icarus assist trophies? Do you think they were good picks? What do you think Phosphora will do?

Ok, I'm done for now. I'll save the rest I want to talk about for later ^-^

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Really nice! I tried drawing a fake reveal picture of her on miiverse before she was announced, and i spent an hour on it and then my internet went out >_< I wish you could save posts like you can on the 3DS...

OH! And one of Lightweight showing that Sonic is no longer the fastest. You know what? Idea time!

Gif of Palutena using Lightweight and passing Sonic, with "You're too slow!" in heavenly text to tease Sonic.
not sure if you'd consider this text "heavenly" but, i think it gets the point across:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So now let's review the Kid Icarus content.

-Characters: :4pit: :4palutena: (I love these widgets)
-Stages: Palutena's Temple (Wii U) and Reset Bomb Forest (3ds)
-Items: X-bomb, Ore Club, Back Shield, Killer Eye, Drill Arm
-Assist Trophies: Phosphora and Magnus

Notices:
-So far, Magnus does his sword swings on the ground and air. You can hit him to make him flinch. We don't know Phosphora's traits yet.
-Pit's current costumes are the regular, red, green, and gold ones. The black one is likely teased to be the Dark Pit one, and blue will return.
-The Reset Bomb Forest stage, though you can't hear the music in this one (blames voices and all), we get a feel of how it plays a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6EWgaWidQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJatbApPQa4 This one, although the match is 1 minute after Smash Run, we can hear the stage much better (skip to 6:08).

That's a lot of Kid Icarus goodness, and we gotta keep it going.

Really nice! I tried drawing a fake reveal picture of her on miiverse before she was announced, and i spent an hour on it and then my internet went out >_< I wish you could save posts like you can on the 3DS...

not sure if you'd consider this text "heavenly" but, i think it gets the point across:

I'm laughing at that already. :p

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Oh, I have a lot to talk about!

So I was on the website (http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/palutena.html) watching her trailer again (let's face it, we all watch it like 10 times a day, don't we?) and I got a link to vote on her video that sent me here: https://www.youtube.com/user/e3/custom
It looks like you rate if trailers were "legit" or "meh"
So I thought I'd recommend going and giving her trailer a "legit" if you guys wanted to :)

Also, man, Miiverse's popular posts section (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037299866/hot) is filled with Palutena. And I love seeing Palutena fans drawing her, but man, her face isn't the focus of very many of these pictures...

But some of it is actually her and not... hers... yea.
You guys will like this stuff more:

Wow, a lot of people compare her to Rosalina... hmm... well, I ain't even mad, they're my favorite Smash characters ever so, yay :3
But I'm surprised to see more "Palutena and Rosalina" than "Palutena and Pit"
It's the simplest of the ones I posted, but this was my favorite:

-------------------------------
Also, 2 seems like a good amount of assist trophies for a series like Kid Icarus.

Do you think Magnus and Phosphora will be our only Kid Icarus assist trophies? Do you think they were good picks? What do you think Phosphora will do?

Ok, I'm done for now. I'll save the rest I want to talk about for later ^-^
I have been voting the video too, sad that as always XBOX crap and PS gets more atention, her trailer is not in the top today, I have to thank you for showing that Miiverse stuff THIS one is my favorite too it is so hilarious and cool

I think people compare the two because often Rosalina fans refer to her as a goddess of space or something like that.

Following on KIU content we got some enemies froms Smash Run
Skuttler Cannonneer
Daphne
Zuree
Clubberskull
Boom Stomper
Bumpety Bomb

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
When we saw Phosphora's trophy I assumed she wasn't an assist. But I'm glad she is. I always thought the assists would be Magnus and Eggplant Wizard, but now, I'm think Eggplant Wizard would work better as a Smash Run enemy. I think that would fit very well.
But if there was a 3rd assist, who would you want/expect it to be?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention bout Nutski in the enemies of Smash Run. So adding that to your list, we got:

Skuttler Cannonneer
Daphne
Zuree
Clubberskull
Boom Stomper
Bumpety Bomb
Monoeye
Nutski
Mimicutie
Skutller (with the club)

And probably another that I've forgotten.

As for the 3rd Assist Trophy, I still want Twinbellows running around to attack others and represent the Underworld.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A third assist? Thanatos, easily. He's just so awesome.

Oh, and to comment on the Shaft animation, I really, really admire how quality it is. Something about her eyes in the hips->chest->face shot is just awesome. They look so unique and imposing.

Really glad to see Palutena getting the attention she deserves.

And I still can't remember the name of the song that plays at the beginning of Palutena's trailer. Was that even in Uprising cuz I can't remember it or find it anywhere.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Monoeye
Reaper
Skuttler
Skuttler Mage
Skuttler Cannoneer
Clubberskull
Zuree
Daphne
Orne
Boom Stomper
Bumpety Bomb
Nutski
Mahva
Flage
Megonta
Mimicutie
Soulflee

Those are the enemies I've seen in the trailers/video demonstrations. That's around 17 enemies from this series.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
A third assist? Thanatos, easily. He's just so awesome.

Oh, and to comment on the Shaft animation, I really, really admire how quality it is. Something about her eyes in the hips->chest->face shot is just awesome. They look so unique and imposing.

Really glad to see Palutena getting the attention she deserves.

And I still can't remember the name of the song that plays at the beginning of Palutena's trailer. Was that even in Uprising cuz I can't remember it or find it anywhere.
I answered you back when you asked it is Chaos Vortex in the final part of the song or at least I remember it was you who asked the same day Palutena was revealed I am not confusing you with @Erotic&Heretic who asked a few days ago by the way.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think it's the 2nd part of Ch21's air battle, when you chase the Chaos Kin.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think they really need to change her neutral facial expression, or at least use it much less often. Watching the Revolting Dinner anime and the anime parts of her trailer, it seems like she should always have some kind of emotion.

Palutena is popular because of her charm, so her neutral face shouldn't be so blank and mannequin-like.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I answered you back when you asked it is Chaos Vortex in the final part of the song or at least I remember it was you who asked the same day Palutena was revealed I am not confusing you with @Erotic&Heretic who asked a few days ago by the way.
Sorry! I must have missed it in a swarm of post updates that day! My apologies, there was a whole lot going on!

Thanks! :happysheep:

@ PurpleSpaceDragon PurpleSpaceDragon I'm sure they will. I'm absolutely sure Palutena is still in testing phases, and her expressions haven't been finalized. I mean, in the April Direct, in whatever build they used, Mega Man had an expression doing his final smash, while in the NTSC demo we got for the invitational and Smashfest, it was absent.

So that was probably an earlier build and, like his, Palutena's facial expressions haven't been finished yet. It would just be weird if that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Talk about watching the Palutena trailer like ten times a day ...

I've been watching the Japanese version (like the English VAs so much more) and I keep wondering ... does anyone here know Japanese and can share if she says different things? Particularly the "divine intervention" part ... I have some very basic japanese vocab from anime and I get the feeling she says "fun" in that part, so I was wondering if she says she wants to have fun or something of the sort.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Talk about watching the Palutena trailer like ten times a day ...

I've been watching the Japanese version (like the English VAs so much more) and I keep wondering ... does anyone here know Japanese and can share if she says different things? Particularly the "divine intervention" part ... I have some very basic japanese vocab from anime and I get the feeling she says "fun" in that part, so I was wondering if she says she wants to have fun or something of the sort.
She pretty much says: "well, this will be interesting" in a sort of overconfident way.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
"Chotto omoshirosou da na, tte omotta dake desu." ~ "I just thought it looked a little interesting, that's all."

I found a video that has the japanese version with subs, if you'd like :J https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64L7xR295bQ

EDIT: I haven't actually watched that trailer before... at the end, when Palutena comments that Dark Pit's returned.. his answer in Japanese is "maa, maa." Which, although the subs interpret it one way, I would interpret it as a "more or less", as in him being an alt color for Pit ??

Last edited:
Top Bottom