• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really don't mind some people hating on Palutena, quite the opposite actually. If everybody loved the character, I would be a bit annoyed.

Also, she doesn't get nearly as much hate as a few other newcomers for Smash 4, so that is a plus.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Anyone got a gif from the trailer when she just tosses Pit aside?

That was my favorite moment in the trailer because it shows that the troll returns.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know I saw a gif of that somewhere. I'm after gifs of her using certain powers. I need the Black Hole + Mega Laser combo one for sure.
OH! And one of Lightweight showing that Sonic is no longer the fastest. You know what? Idea time!

Gif of Palutena using Lightweight and passing Sonic, with "You're too slow!" in heavenly text to tease Sonic.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I want the gif of her putting up the reflect barrier with a caption "flame shield!"

Also the one of her sending Pit flying with a caption over Pit saying "your argument" or "your hate" or words to that effect.

Really wish I could make these.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Fun Palutena gifs would make the love much greater. We must have a little... Divine intervention about this.

Btw, how do you get Palutena to show in your posts on the right like that? I wish I could have her on mine.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Fun Palutena gifs would make the love much greater. We must have a little... Divine intervention about this.

Btw, how do you get Palutena to show in your posts on the right like that? I wish I could have her on mine.
You have to have Premium in order to do that. You can also have the other Smash 4 characters on the side too, as it shows who your going to main, but knowing you, you'd have Palutena either way.:grin:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You have to have Premium in order to do that. You can also have the other Smash 4 characters on the side too, as it shows who your going to main, but knowing you, you'd have Palutena either way.:grin:
I'm jealous for that, but you're right. >_<

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

Yea, so I've been waiting for Palutena to get revealed to go premium and sport her as a watermark on my posts. xD It's too awesome.

edit: every day this happens: "Dang man, where's the palutena thread?"

"oh right. Sub forum. <_<"

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
hm, maybe i'll get around to some of those gifs next week for you guys.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Palutena - 100%

My net is out, so I can't really post my reasons.. curse you bad weather!!!

Palutena is awesome. There.

EDIT: This isn't the Rate their chances thread.... oh well. It works anyway.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I finally am calm enough to get in here an rejoice after all the E3 craze! My only regret is that I wasn't more active BEFORE the character reveals. Just realized I never got around to finishing my Palutena moveset. (Hmmm...I have to finish my Chibi Robo one too...)

andimidna

Smash Master
Remember that IGN video I was complaining about?
Well, I have to hand it to that guy who was suggesting newcomers. He got 3/3 correct, good for him.

However, I'm still a bit salty, because they just posted a video of her trailer and...
http://youtu.be/vsl3bNO1O0w
"Nintendo reveals a new character, Plautena, for Super Smash Bros."

Burigu

Smash Ace
It seems IGN has lose a lot of credibility in recent times people complain they favor X box and PS and almost always bash on nintendo

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Celestial Fireworks and Angelic Missile look like they will both be put in my Palutena moveset for sure, as long as they both don't take up the same spot. Jump glide looks like a good recovery, and if that's her neutral air, it'll probably be better than Pikachu's in Brawl which was one of my fave attacks of his, and he is my main in that game. Looks like Pikachu will for sure be number 2.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
IGN is traditionally neglectful of Nintendo. The people that do seem to care about it get shut down, and Otero who is on board now acts like he's the top **** when it comes to Nintendo but constantly shows he's not (sucks at Mario Kart 8, thinks Palutena is not likely.)

I was amused even at how everyone pretty much agrees Nintendo had a fantastic E3 (thanks to them controlling their own output of information instead of depending on media outlets that want them to fail) and meanwhile if you visit IGN it makes it seem like all NIntendo had was smash brothers and perhaps two other games.

Burigu

Smash Ace
If I have learned something is that "reviewers" are only people who get paid to extern their biased perception of a game, Kid Icarus Uprising is a prime example of this, they get the game play it like 10 minutes and, give it a horrible score "because of awful controls" really?

Most of the reviewers are really false, they can bash a game for not being "inovative" and the day after bash on Nintendo for trying new things, it's disgusting

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And those controls were actually just fine for me. Pretty much I don't trust reviewers these days. The only thing that matters is if you personally enjoy the game and all or not.
Bad reviewers, what can you do? :(

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
And those controls were actually just fine for me. Pretty much I don't trust reviewers these days. The only thing that matters is if you personally enjoy the game and all or not.
Bad reviewers, what can you do? :(
The only time I ever had any difficulty whatsoever with the controls were during vehicle segments; I could never get a hang of the atrocious handling on the Exotanks and other vehicles. Still, I consider that balance rather than an actual issue with the game.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a 9.75/10 from me, and I'm still arguing that it's worthy of Game of the Decade contention. I'm currently trying to get a friend to try it, but he's reluctant for some reason.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So..... we know Palutena has a customizable moveset.... but will that be allowed online? Or will it just default to her standard moveset she comes equipped with?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only the 4 standard sets will be for online, but we don't know which of those moves are the standard ones yet. Maybe a future PotD will tell us or something.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So, has anyone thought of this yet? I really want to get a Pit Amiibo so that I can train him as Palutena and have him be my angel servant. He could fight battles with me and for me, and I can train him to get stronger. Wow. It's so weird being 21 and thinking like a kid again.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Only the 4 standard sets will be for online, but we don't know which of those moves are the standard ones yet. Maybe a future PotD will tell us or something.
Is that confirmed? I thought only Mii's multiple moves will be banned. I don't think on that page that it mentions Palutena's multiple moves will be banned online.

I hope most competitive tournaments will allow you to pick her moveset.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Is that confirmed? I thought only Mii's multiple moves will be banned. I don't think on that page that it mentions Palutena's multiple moves will be banned online.

I hope most competitive tournaments will allow you to pick her moveset.
Well, Miis cannot be used online iirc, but Palutena can be used, but I think the answer you're looking for is that "customization" can only be used online against friends, not randoms. So with that in mind, only Palutena's original set would be for randoms, but you can customize against friends. My apologies for the mistake.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, Miis cannot be used online iirc, but Palutena can be used, but I think the answer you're looking for is that "customization" can only be used online against friends, not randoms. So with that in mind, only Palutena's original set would be for randoms, but you can customize against friends. My apologies for the mistake.
Gotcha, I guess that would make sense. It's just since her moveset is so different, I wonder if you'll have to unlock her other moves like with the other characters, and whether or not you customize her in the same menu as the other characters.

Burigu

Smash Ace
all I'm going to say is Palutena looks op as sh**
That's an old joke man, there is a sarcastic thread about that in the Palutena subforum, but talking seriously really the OP part has being said about EVERY new character revealed, we can't say that UNTIL we play the game, you know the trailers are designed to make characters look strong, that is why they are designed that way, you don't except a Trailer designed to see the flaws of the character that would kill the hype for everyone

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
That's an old joke man, there is a sarcastic thread about that in the Palutena subforum, but talking seriously really the OP part has being said about EVERY new character revealed, we can't say that UNTIL we play the game, you know the trailers are designed to make characters look strong, that is why they are designed that way, you don't except a Trailer designed to see the flaws of the character that would kill the hype for everyone
I've never thought new characters looked op. ever. not even the other new characters for SSBWiiU/3DS. Don't get the wrong idea tho I wasn't saying "op" as an insult to her I myself am excited to use Palutena.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I've never thought new characters looked op. ever. not even the other new characters for SSBWiiU/3DS. Don't get the wrong idea tho I wasn't saying "op" as an insult to her I myself am excited to use Palutena.
I know I don't get that impresion for you but look around these forums other newcomers has these threads "X looks overpowered" and those threads came to existence after their trailer reveal, in Palutena's case I said it was an old joke because someone made a thread saying Palutena was OP comparing her to MEWTWO when mewtwo is considered low tier in Melee, my intention is to say every trailer makes the character look cool.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I love hearing epic reactions to Palutena. It makes me happy that she's greatly supported by many.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
So, has anyone thought of this yet? I really want to get a Pit Amiibo so that I can train him as Palutena and have him be my angel servant. He could fight battles with me and for me, and I can train him to get stronger. Wow. It's so weird being 21 and thinking like a kid again.
I plan on getting as many amiibos as possible, but will probably focus first on the characters I like just to have a nice figurine of those characters. Also, fighting a beefed up Palutena will help me figure out new techniques and vulnerabilities.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What does Viridi say in the trailer?
She says "Hmph, looks like angels only talk big". I believe it was poking at Pit's previously line since that's more or less what Viridi does the entire game.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Palutena seems to spin when she lands, for whatever reason...

Also, does Palutena actually dash faster than Sonic, or is Lightweight a special move that changes her properties? That would certainly be interesting, if it were to make her quicker at the cost of being easier to launch or take more damage, like in Uprising.

If it's not a special move, it's odd for it to have been displayed after 11 other special moves in the trailer; it's the last one before the Black Hole/Mega Laser Final Smash.

Sakurai (or some user here), please explain. Hoping for some daily pics.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Palutena doesn't dash faster than Sonic, that is just the effect of one her moves. There is no need for a PotD to explain that. :p

Top Bottom