• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If for w/e reason we can't use custom movesets, I'm hoping we get Reflect, Warp, Explosive Flame and Auto Reticle myself.

Palutena reminds me a bit of Melty Blood actually, where in that game, a character has 3 different versions of themselves. Palutena has a bit of that flair in her, and it'll be awesome seeing the unique playstyles between people because of this.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It makes me sad to see a couple people complaining about her model... I think she looks absolutely beautiful. She will most definitely be the first character I use when I finally get my hands on the game (assuming she's a starter).
I wish she would've been playable in the invitational, would've loved to see a pro use her.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Since I host my own tournaments, I don't have to worry about banning Palutena customization.

In real tournaments however....
That makes me wonder, will we be getting something similar to Tournament hosting - like how Mario Kart 8 has it - in Smash 4? That'd be a nice little incentive for the Wii U version.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I posted this in another thread for Palutena, but I think it would go better here since people are actually talking about all the moves.

*Palutena is a unique character as her customization options give new moves instead of altering existing ones. It is impossible to say what her starting moveset is until we are told from Sakurai himself.
Smashes:
:GCR::GCA: while running.

Palutena quickly rushes forward and attacks.
:GCR::GCA: while running.

Palutena stops opponents in place.
:GCA:

Palutena hits the target with her staff multiple times.
:GCR::GCA:

Palutena rushes forward and attacks with her shield.
:GCL::GCA:?

In a quick motion Palutena launches herself forward. Similar to Pikachu's rocket move.

Palutena quickly rotates her staff and hits anyone in range.
:GCU::GCA:

Palutena rains down rays of light on opponents inflicting damage on anyone caught.

Palutena knocks the target upwards with a huge flash of light.
:GCD::GCA:

Palutena spreads her wings in a downwards movement and hits targets around her.
Aerials:
:GCA:

Palutena swings her staff around her hitting anyone in front or behind her.

Palutena calls upon her wings and quickly push them forwards to attack.
Throws:

Palutena grabs the opponent and throws them upwards.
Specials:
:GCB:

Palutena teleports similar to zelda's farore's wind. She can teleport forwards and backwards in the video so this could possibly be a side B move or even an up B. This move looks like the only option for a Neutral B that doesn't fit anywhere else though.
:GCU::GCB:

Palutena takes flight in the sky.
:GCU::GCB:

In a quick motion Palutena glides upwards and explodes anyone around her.
:GCL::GCB:

Palutena surrounds enemies in a ball of fire.
:GCR::GCB:?

Palutena summons fire from the ground and lights the enemy on fire.
:GCR::GCB:

Palutena shoots projectiles towards the target.
:GCD::GCB:

Palutena counters when an opponent lands a hit.
:GCD::GCB:?

Reflects projectiles in front of Palutena. Looks like a great edge guard move!
It has been confirmed that every character will have 4 specials with 3 variants each except Palutena and Miis that will have 12 UNIQUE SPECIALS so every attack with a name under your normal section actually belong to her special section: Heavenly Light, Angelic Missile, Lightweight and Super Speed are Specials. Source Smash website, she never mention by name her normal attacks

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It has been confirmed that every character will have 4 specials with 3 variants each except Palutena and Miis that will have 12 UNIQUE SPECIALS so every attack with a name under your normal section actually belong to her special section: Heavenly Light, Angelic Missile, Lightweight and Super Speed are Specials. Source Smash website, she never mention by name her normal attacks
Fixed, and thanks. Wasn't aware of that.

andimidna

Smash Master
:colorful:The Palutena hype is real!!!:colorful::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...utena-and-pac-man-satisfaction.351920/page-93
Now click that link and go rate your satisfaction of Palutena in Smash Bros on the RTC thread!!!
Do it for the Goddess!!!
Edit: Especially you, @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit :colorful:

Can't forget @Zuby @ Neo Zero Neo Zero @ ihskeyp ihskeyp @hinata2000100 @leprechaunlink727 @skaaaa @Elite Gaymer @Greda @Krazy4Krash @Maraphy @Final Smash Gamer @Louie G. too
I was actually going to tag even more people but they weren't showing up when I typed their names :p

Edit: sorry if I tagged somebody who already rated

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are they still on that? I thought the real Lady Palutena disconfirmed that one...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Probably the contrast between the Anime cut scene and her general expression on the model.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Remember that so did Megaman back in the day and look how expressive he is now for being a robot. Regardless we haven't seen any "aggressive" move of hers zoomed in.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It still feels kind of like a dream that she's in the game. I've looked through the pictures of her on the smash website like 50 times :4palutena: so happy:)

Burigu

Smash Ace
People I have to ask you to hear my words and see my actions, I have to second @ andimidna andimidna 's request to you and go to this thread and Give Palutena 100% satisfaction as her supporters it's our duty to protect her so go now and don't dissapoint your goddess so just do it for this time if you are not interested in that thread do it only for her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You have my support for sure! And I shall offer hearts to the Goddess of Light as well. <3

And from here on, whenever we need some social goodness or more importantly, future Palutena matchup or move discussions, we shall consider a... Divine Intervention.

Hope she doesn't chew me out for that one.

andimidna

Smash Master
Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I never thought some would rate her that low. She deserves much more praise.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, I'm honestly really shocked. I'm pretty sure Pac-Man is beating her now... why?
I like that he's in a lot, but they treated his reveal more poorly than anybody else. It was not all that hype.

If we had rated them yesterday I'm sure she'd be getting higher scores, E3 hype is dying down and everybody is getting salty over the lack of certain villains. Makes me sick that anybody could rate her below Lincoln Miis.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was terribly against Pac-Man, and still am. They're probably gonna use the mascot battle or w/e routine with him, while Palutena was guaranteed, with the best trailer of the 3. They'll probably won't understand such graceful quality that Palutena has. *feels sad*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was never outright against Pac-Man, I just think people wanted him for the wrong reason. Unlike Palutena, Pac-Man supporters mostly don't care about the character, they just want to fulfill the "4 player mascot showdown" thing with Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess I don't see how it matters all that much at this point, she and Pacman are both in the game that case is already close, whether she meets some kind of satisfaction rate in a forum game over another character seems kind of pointless.

andimidna

Smash Master
I guess I don't see how it matters all that much at this point, she and Pacman are both in the game that case is already close, whether she meets some kind of satisfaction rate in a forum game over another character seems kind of pointless.
It's just a game-
-that I want to conform to my beliefs. :laugh:
It's just for fun, but I want her to get a good score.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It really annoys me that there's so many people hating on the character and the game without having even freaking touched Kid Icarus Uprising.

First Rosalina and now Palutena ... sometimes people just really want to hate on the new powerful women of Smash.

And seriously, rating Miis over Palutena to me just scream delusion.

Regarding her expression, I think she looks fantastic and definitely has emotion

I look forward to see what she looks like when she gets star KO'd. Love those animations, they look so much better.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's just a game-
-that I want to conform to my beliefs. :laugh:
It's just for fun, but I want her to get a good score.
Understood, since you went through the effort to tag me I felt I should still respond even if it's just to say I don't play the forum games, heh.

Burigu

Smash Ace
It really annoys me that there's so many people hating on the character and the game without having even freaking touched Kid Icarus Uprising.

First Rosalina and now Palutena ... sometimes people just really want to hate on the new powerful women of Smash.

Regarding her expression, I think she looks fantastic and definitely has emotion

I look forward to see what she looks like when she gets star KO'd. Love those animations, they look so much better.
I can't belive what happened today in that thread, that thread so far was pro Palutena but today she recibes bad scores because she was showed first than Pacman? people can't be serious
But so far the worst complain is that "she has 12 moves" I can't belive that we don't know her normals but people already call her uninteresting, before seen LESS THAN A MINUTE OF GAMEPLAY sometimes I can understand humanity.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Have to agree with that.

I'm just gonna imagine that they're just jealous of Palutena's amazing looks, grace, and elegance. I know how you feel though. Poor Palutena. Those jerks don't know quality when it's staring em in the face, about to cast a black hole and shoot a mega laser at them. Some fake loyal people these days.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me what she says during the part where Mario fights Diddy Kong? Especifically at minute 2:25 here:

English isn't my first language and I can't really get some of the things she says during that part. I also don't get the part where she says "Many _____ foes have gathered here".

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Can someone please tell me what she says during the part where Mario fights Diddy Kong? Especifically at minute 2:25 here:

English isn't my first language and I can't really get some of the things she says during that part. I also don't get the part where she says "Many _____ foes have gathered here".
That is not Palutena it's Viridi but I don't understand well either

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

Viridi says "I guess angels only TALK big", making fun of Pit needing Palutena.

Palutena then says "Many worthy foes have gathered here, and I won't hold back from anyone."

at least I think that's it, going from memory here xD

C3CC

Smash Lord
Viridi says "I guess angels only TALK big", making fun of Pit needing Palutena.

Palutena then says "Many worthy foes have gathered here, and I won't hold back from anyone."

at least I think that's it, going from memory here xD
Ohh so is that Viridi talking? That makes more sense now. I was irked by the difference of pitches; I thought it was Palutena talking all the time. Thanks guys!

D

Deleted member

Part with Diddy Kong (Directly after Pit says "you don't have to prove anything to me Lady Palutena")
"Hmph, look like angels only talk big."

Other Part:
"Many worthy foes have gathered here."

EDIT: Ninja'd to death

Last edited by a moderator:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
'Many worthy foes have gathered here, and I won't hold back on anyone.' @ C3CC C3CC
The other quote you asked for is Viridi, not Palutena. :)

Edit: ninja'd. Ninja'd hard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I only rated Mii 5% higher, because I expected little from them, and surprisingly liked how they turned out. Palutena had me less hyped because her attacks, while cool, are exactly how I imagined they would look. Basically it's just a matter of comparing my thoughts for the characters would look ingame pre and post reveal, which is why I rated Pac-man and Mii above Palutena; they went above and beyond my low expectations. Dont get me wrong, I'm still excited for the character, just less excited than the other two, mainly because I already liked Palutena, but Pac-man and Mii's reveals got me to go from liking from indifferent and hate respectively.

I apologize if I offended any Palutena supporters by rating Mii higher.

Now if the rate their chances thing was specifically for trailers, Palutena would have all my hype, because Shaft.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
@BluePsychic Understandable, I'm thinking more of extreme cases of Miis being considerably above Palutena. 5% in the greater context is a pretty minor difference.

And specifically the cases where the complaints about Palutena are more severe for the Miis. I've addressed this in that particular thread, but bottom line is people are taking this 12-moveset Palutena thing out of proportion while acting like the 3 Miis thing was reasonable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope those glasses of her's make an appearance some where in the game, just so she adds some more humor to the game.
Even better; she somehow gets the glasses when Screen KO'd. Screen KOs are already humorous enough, but if one were to add the glasses...

@BluePsychic Understandable, I'm thinking more of extreme cases of Miis being considerably above Palutena. 5% in the greater context is a pretty minor difference.

And specifically the cases where the complaints about Palutena are more severe for the Miis. I've addressed this in that particular thread, but bottom line is people are taking this 12-moveset Palutena thing out of proportion while acting like the 3 Miis thing was reasonable.
Seriously? People are complaining about customization? That's...weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
Palutena: 80.77%
Pac-Man: 78.05%
Mii Fighter: 49.42%

We win ;)
Very happy with these scores. I love Palutena. I like Pac-Man. And I don't care for Miis.
I really hope those glasses of her's make an appearance some where in the game, just so she adds some more humor to the game.
Since Little Mac taking off his pink jumpsuit is his entrance, I could see her taking off the glasses being her entrance.

Top Bottom