• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Has to be Assist Trophy, and I'm happy to see it. Now I get to see Pit and Phosphora battle as a team (if Pit gets her as an assist trophy).
And of course, Palutena. That is all.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Speaking of, how bout that green check mark or something for your sig there for Palutena? :p

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Has to be Assist Trophy, and I'm happy to see it. Now I get to see Pit and Phosphora battle as a team (if Pit gets her as an assist trophy).
And of course, Palutena. That is all.
Awesome. Phosphora as an AT opens up so many possibilities for assist trophies or other appearances for character's we'd written off as trophy-only.

::hopes for Wonder Red AT::

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The codecs were truly amazing, I hoped they appeared but didn't really expect them.
We just need Hades in one of them and we're perfect.
Great reveal Sakurai/10 would re-re-re-rewatch again.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see how Hades is involved. So far he's the only major player from Kid Icarus Uprising whose role we're not sure about.

Well, we don't know what the deal with Pittoo is either, but at least we know he's in the game in some form.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I must say, I wasn't expecting Paultena to actually make it. I thought for sure she'd be an Assist Trophy.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i blew my freakin mind when i saw the palutena reveal. she was one of my top 5 most wanted characters"

the others being chrom, krystal, pacman, and miis (confirmed)
i might have to move one of my current mains to make room for her (sorry charizard :( )

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Pretty cool.

I'm surprised with the sex appeal fanservice, though.

In the anime cutscene she showed dat ass, gave us a booby shot, and glared us with lustful eyes. At least that's how I saw it.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
*sigh* I feel the same about Palutena as I did/do about Zero Suit Samus. They are naturally beautiful characters, and the developers aren't shy about that (even flaunting it here with Palutena), but I still don't think it's meant to be taken as far as many do. It's tongue in cheek, and I think the way the developers handle it is classy. It's the fans that err toward being just plain nasty. /pruderant

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I would've high jump kicked my tv
Sounds like a move Bowser would use. Oh wait...

But yea, I'm glad Palutena's in, simple as that. Now I'm eager to see more of her in POTD and waiting for the game to come out.

Given how Viridi has a voice actor in the game despite being a background element, I think codecs are a thing.
Make it happen. That Viridi part was interesting as well. Speaking of, I think there was a little voice in Viridi in the Reset Bomb Forest stage that I remember seeing. I know it was the stage chosen at the end of a Smash Run run. Viridi appears first, then the Reset Bomb explosion, which is the opposite of KIU.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I can't express how glad I am that she's finally in smash. One of my most anticipated characters, naturally, but I'm not going to lie, I don't like her HD model.

Regardless, I was on the floor crying when she was announced.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am certainly glad that Palutena was confirmed. She was one of my most anticipated characters, this is the first time and last time that I have ever changed my avatar based on a reveal. I cannot stop watching her reveal trailer.
:4palutena:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
(-0 [ ] 0-)

(-0 [ ] 0-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*EYES GO BLIND*

/sorry I don't have any gifs or words for what I'm feeling now I can't even watch the trailer properly/

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hadn't even seen the entire damn E3 and they even used the anime style for Shaft's animation style again I'm so damn happy

Updated the thread's title. Sorry @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ :4sonic:
My internet's off, but I wouldn't have asked anyone else than you to change the title, thanks.

She's now there buddy... what do ya feel now?

I almost feel nostalgic just by looking back at the times we just thought it'd be fun idea to see her in while Medusa was popular and all.

Oh man, I feel like... tearing up big time now. WHY CAN'T I GET MY INTERNET BACK I NEED TO SEE THIS IN PROPER

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Palutena confirmed:

Pac-Man confirmed:

All my victories are tainted...

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
She's bloody beautiful, I love it. Rosalina was hype enough for me, this is just too good.

What elegance! What grace! What disturbing delightful brutality!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
As a reward for the army of light, I present to you an icon of the Goddess:

May the Goddess be with us all in the battles ahead.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hadn't even seen the entire damn E3 and they even used the anime style for Shaft's animation style again I'm so damn happy

My internet's off, but I wouldn't have asked anyone else than you to change the title, thanks.

She's now there buddy... what do ya feel now?

I almost feel nostalgic just by looking back at the times we just thought it'd be fun idea to see her in while Medusa was popular and all.

Oh man, I feel like... tearing up big time now. WHY CAN'T I GET MY INTERNET BACK I NEED TO SEE THIS IN PROPER
You're so gonna love the trailer when you get to see it fully. And oh god, her epic moves. <3

Palutena confirmed:

Pac-Man confirmed:

All my victories are tainted...
Those Pit expressions do explain how I feel, except I was more of angry on the 2nd one. D: Good thing Palutena's revealed or I'd have some flaming eyeballs.

As a reward for the army of light, I present to you an icon of the Goddess:

May the Goddess be with us all in the battles ahead.
Palutena and her supporters are most grateful of your gift to us. <3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina and Palutena both confirmed. My two goddess waifus. Waifu of Space, Waifu of Light.

She looks really fun to play as. I think she could be one of my more secondary mains, so I'll use Rosalina more, but still, I'm excited.

The trailer was bloody amazing though, I want a Smash Bros anime now. And gotta love the ass and breast shots of her. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena's trailer was truly hype. Glad that she is playable. Her attacks are based on KIU's powers and also has moves from her boss battle. Pretty nice that the voice actors are the same as Uprising. Maybe there will be a codec thing like the Star Fox characters and Snake in previous games.

That Dark Pit tease, though. Hope it means he's an alt. for Pit. That would be great.

And I want a Smash Bros. anime now...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's trailer was truly hype. Glad that she is playable. Her attacks are based on KIU's powers and also has moves from her boss battle. Pretty nice that the voice actors are the same as Uprising. Maybe there will be a codec thing like the Star Fox characters and Snake in previous games.

That Dark Pit tease, though. Hope it means he's an alt. for Pit. That would be great.

And I want a Smash Bros. anime now...
Best trailer ever indeed. It'll still be my favorite no matter what.
I really do wish Kid Icarus had an anime the most. We already started with the anime shorts, and I wished they'd continue it. I wanna see anime style Viridi and Phosphora already.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Does anyone else think that Palutena looks really bad? The fact that they used all of her custom moves in the trailer makes it seem worse. I know its a bit early to say a character is bad but looking from the footage...:upsidedown::4palutena:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anyone else think that Palutena looks really bad? The fact that they used all of her custom moves in the trailer makes it seem worse. I know its a bit early to say a character is bad but looking from the footage...:upsidedown::4palutena:
She looked to play fine to me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't mind Pac myself, and he looks so good already in the game.

That combined with Toad getting his own game, Yoshi Yarn being finally shown and much more made this E3 so much...

But wait, she has a lot of specials? Customization?

I kinda wished she was a staff-based fighter, but eh, perhaps Bandanna Dee?

Top Bottom