• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah that's like the Epicmafia setup which is subject to the most linear and broken strategy where every game looks the same.

And it's balanced around Night start

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You heard him. They start at night. Two of the mafia decide who to kill, as they can only kill one once a night.
The cop also chooses who to cop on, as the doc chooses who to doc on.

I'm still thinking how I can make this game fair. but that's all I came up with, limits on what each PR does. If it doesn't go right, then maybe replacing a PR to VT may do the trick.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
No i get that. But starting it at night when copdoc exists is like scum suicide. Give mafia a roleblocker or something

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
/in

Btw can we have a limit to how many of these games one person can play consecutively? Like, priority to players that haven't played in like the last two games for a couple of days? I've wanted to sign up and this is the first opportunity I get :c. You don't have to go with my suggestion exactly but it really is fair to set some sort of sign up restriction for player that are returning to this thread.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll only take measures if it actually turns out to be a problem in the future. As long as nobody complains I'll assume that it's alright.

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Wait this game starts at Night?

I really wouldn't recommend this.

You'll putting mafia in a **** position right from the start. Town can mass claim as soon as the game starts and potentially obtain three clears, provided that the one of the doc/cop/cop's investigation isn't killed and the cop didn't investigate the doctor. Even more so the cop could totally luck out and investigate a goon Night 0. The statistical likelihood that mafia will kill one of the cop/doc/cop's investigation is 60%, which isn't terrible but the fact that mafia is put into a luck based position right from the start where they have to get lucky just to survive seems pretty unbalanced to me.

Making the cop macho does not really solve this problem. It just makes it less worse for mafia.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh lawd, the vanilla Epic Mafia setup... That setup is so imba and is only reasonable in the slightest because there's a good chance the cop/doc combo dies before anyone even speaks + epic mafia pace means a 5 minute game full of screaming and no real communication. It's not forum balanced for sure.

Gorf can have my slot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think Vinyl said it was day start. I was just saying that at epicmafia this is the setup that is most common and it's night start there

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait this game starts at Night?

I really wouldn't recommend this.

You'll putting mafia in a **** position right from the start. Town can mass claim as soon as the game starts and potentially obtain three clears, provided that the one of the doc/cop/cop's investigation isn't killed and the cop didn't investigate the doctor. Even more so the cop could totally luck out and investigate a goon Night 0. The statistical likelihood that mafia will kill one of the cop/doc/cop's investigation is 60%, which isn't terrible but the fact that mafia is put into a luck based position right from the start where they have to get lucky just to survive seems pretty unbalanced to me.

Making the cop macho does not really solve this problem. It just makes it less worse for mafia.
Also on epicmafia part of the strategy is coordinating a counter claim on the cop or something of the like based on who dies, etc.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So he did. I just read this first and thought that he meant this game started at Night:

You heard him. They start at night. Two of the mafia decide who to kill, as they can only kill one once a night.
The cop also chooses who to cop on, as the doc chooses who to doc on.

I'm still thinking how I can make this game fair. but that's all I came up with, limits on what each PR does. If it doesn't go right, then maybe replacing a PR to VT may do the trick.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
More like you have to immediately attempt to claim cop or you auto lose because of doc/cop combo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It'll work if it's day start + macho cop. Pretty sure Vinyl agreed to run it that way.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't care to take anybody's slot if they wanna play lol, I'm just saying for future reference in case somebody who hasn't played in this thread yet wishes to, ya feel me? Don't fret over it homies.

I agree with no Night start btw, it's some hardcore gayness unless I'm town in which case I WANNA WIN.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't care to take anybody's slot if they wanna play lol, I'm just saying for future reference in case somebody who hasn't played in this thread yet wishes to, ya feel me? Don't fret over it homies.

I agree with no Night start btw, it's some hardcore gayness unless I'm town in which case I WANNA WIN.
We gotchu doh.

Macho cop + day start seem like good steps to bring the EpicMafia closer to forum mafia balance.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kary,lets not do that thing where we scumread each other and end up being wrong.
Dietz you my bro this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom