• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So, you don't think I am contributing much but are framing RadRat as scum? Wasn't I the one who contributed a little to that? Anyways, I noticed people saying my 'trap' was nonsense, because the town would jump on that situation. But answer me this: If you were scum, would you openly make yourself suspicious?
That's actually a decent point. Thoughts?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, you don't think I am contributing much but are framing RadRat as scum? Wasn't I the one who contributed a little to that? Anyways, I noticed people saying my 'trap' was nonsense, because the town would jump on that situation. But answer me this: If you were scum, would you openly make yourself suspicious?
I didn't think you purposely made yourself look suspicious. At the time I believed that you thought you were being clever, and it backfired on you.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
If you were Town, would you willfully ignore suspicious activity just because it'd be a foolish Scum move.

( Last post I have time for, Later folks. )

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Didn't mean to post my reply yet.

Anyways, I don't care if your trap is legitimate or not. It's still ill-concieved, and does not outweigh your other scumminess.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
do you still maintain that you 'set a trap' ? If yes, why did you decide to do that?

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Yes, I do maintain the fact that I set a trap. I decided to do it to sniff out some more scum.

Welp, I guess it's time to break out my argumentive writing skills (if I have any) to explain why through my eyes, RadRat seems scummier than me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Yes, I do maintain the fact that I set a trap. I decided to do it to sniff out some more scum.

Welp, I guess it's time to break out my argumentive writing skills (if I have any) to explain why through my eyes, RadRat seems scummier than me.
You've never given a good explanation of what your trap was supposed to do, or how it was set up. That's like saying "I left a bunch of meat outside, the bears ate it all. Haha, they fell for my trap!"

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
'The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.' This was on page 2. RadRat decided to bandwagon with the same reasoning as me. So why were people pointing at me? 'I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.' What does this mean? Does it mean he is mafia? Does it mean he's been mafia? It's an odd statement. 'Like, I'm actually surprised no one's said anything about me yet.' Again, drawing attention to himself. Plus, later, he liked my post about sticking to my opinion about him. It could be that he is glad I am not bandwagonning anymore or something else.

@ R RadicalRat Thoughts?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
'The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.' This was on page 2. RadRat decided to bandwagon with the same reasoning as me. So why were people pointing at me? 'I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.' What does this mean? Does it mean he is mafia? Does it mean he's been mafia? It's an odd statement. 'Like, I'm actually surprised no one's said anything about me yet.' Again, drawing attention to himself. Plus, later, he liked my post about sticking to my opinion about him. It could be that he is glad I am not bandwagonning anymore or something else.

@ R RadicalRat Thoughts?
RadicalRat didn't say "I might as well help out" so casually, when talking about ending someone's (digital) life. That was a red flag in my mind for sure.
Can you please explain the trap to me?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I have to say you're right, it does definitely look that way. I'll admit that. However, if you look at actual post content, I started opposing him more once he made his big scummy posts. Futther, he lead the charge against me im the begining and was only dissuaded by my defense.
And who called him out on those scummy posts first? ME.

Also he was very EASILY dissuaded by your defense.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
yes, you convinced me that RR is scum. Wasn't that the point?
yes. what i'm trying to point out though is that you were not the first one to call out Radical. You said you started opposing him when he made his scummy posts, but it was really when I started calling him out, wasn't it? If you yourself called out RR, that would make you seem more townie to me, but the way I see it, agreeing with me about RR is the natural thing for both scum and town to do in your situation.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
'I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.' What does this mean? Does it mean he is mafia? Does it mean he's been mafia? It's an odd statement.
I've mentioned several times on here that I play Town of Salem. In case you didn't know, Town of Salem is a game similar in concept to Mafia, played in-browser via flash. There are no "Vanilla" roles, and the whole game takes 15-20 minutes. In Salem, the Mafia is the only faction with a specific chat, and that's why I said I was used to the Mafia being the only ones with a private chat.

'The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.' This was on page 2. RadRat decided to bandwagon with the same reasoning as me.
That's not ENTIRELY true. If you look back, you'd see that I had talked about reasons for both Generic and Reaper. It wasn't just a bandwagon.

Vote: *GenericHandle*

I also don't like GreenReaperGod. There's nothing to go on here, so the only logical thing to do as Town would be to not vote. The fact that they've both voted for the same person also makes it seem as though they might be co-ordinating... JUST LIKE THE MAFIA. The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.

I also don't like his backpedaling.
I did choose to vote with the crowd, because I was going for a lynch. I didn't fully understand the RVS at the time, and I didn't realize it was normal to wait until the last second to go for the lynch. So I started out the game with the intent to kill whoever looked the most Scummy. The fact that Generic specifically mentioned that he wasn't going with Reaper's reasoning stood out to me. It seemed as though he was trying to artificially distance himself, while still working together. They were both suspicious in the end, but I went with Generic in the end because the deciding factor was the likelihood of a lynch. It was not PURELY a bandwagon vote.

'Like, I'm actually surprised no one's said anything about me yet.' Again, drawing attention to himself.
100% correct. At the time I said that, I was hoping to get the mafia to accuse me, and I'd call them out on that. When push came to shove, I decided it PROBABLY wouldn't be a good idea to say "This person is a mafioso, because they accused me when I acted suspiciously!" so I didn't mention it.

Plus, later, he liked my post about sticking to my opinion about him. It could be that he is glad I am not bandwagonning anymore or something else.
Questioning things you find suspicious is good. I wanted to encourage that behavior, especially when directed at me, because as I said with Slick, an opportunity to defend yourself is a good opportunity for a Townie to have. Being forced to invent an excuse for your scummy actions is a bad situation for scum to be in.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Thanks for the response RadRat. Your defense is holding up, so I might consider you town, because in recent light, Generic seems to be more likely to be scum. I'm just gonna unvote until we have solidish stuff on everyone.

Unvote

FOS:*GenericHandle*

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow I've asked you a question twice, are you going to answer?

Also, what in recent light makes Generic more scum? I'm pretty sure everyone else seems to think RadRat is more guilty...

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Thanks for the response RadRat. Your defense is holding up, so I might consider you town, because in recent light, Generic seems to be more likely to be scum. I'm just gonna unvote until we have solidish stuff on everyone.

Unvote

FOS:*GenericHandle*
Yeah, RadRat and TSYK are scum buddies. Calling it now.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, RadRat and TSYK are scum buddies. Calling it now.
I'd remind you that this is similar to what happened with us when you posted your defense. I know why the rest of the players suspect it, but you and I both know that we aren't scum buddies. I don't think it's fair to assume that Smasher and I are just because he believed my defense.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow I'm pretty sure everyone else seems to think RadRat is more guilty...
Most of this post is fine by me. Your questions are legitimate and reasonable. Your parting remark though...

Yes, more people suspect me. So what? Are you encouraging Smasher to just bandwagon along with my critics? That sounds pretty suspicious to me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Most of this post is fine by me. Your questions are legitimate and reasonable. Your parting remark though...

Yes, more people suspect me. So what? Are you encouraging Smasher to just bandwagon along with my critics? That sounds pretty suspicious to me.
I should have worded that better. No, I don't think he should vote for anyone at the moment, because 1. I think he's scum, (autocorrect changed that to sexy, good thing I caught it) and 2. He isn't answering my question and doesn't seem that knowledgable.
His post made it sound like recent events have shown generic to be suspicious, when you and I both were accused much more recently. I don't like his timing.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I should have worded that better. No, I don't think he should vote for anyone at the moment, because 1. I think he's scum, (autocorrect changed that to sexy, good thing I caught it) and 2. He isn't answering my question and doesn't seem that knowledgable.
His post made it sound like recent events have shown generic to be suspicious, when you and I both were accused much more recently. I don't like his timing.
That's fair enough. I have two ideas as to why he might have said that, but I'll give him a chance to answer you first, unless you want me to go ahead and put them out there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I really want to hear from ThatSmasher first on this one

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mod note:

Tagging @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @Kantrip and @Orboknown to see if somebody is interested in replacing @Omar_25 ... PM me if you're down.

~~~

Votecount:

Voted | Voters | Votes
GreenReaperGod | #HBC Kary | 1 / 7
ThatSmasherYouKnow | Spak, SlickWylde, *GenericHandle* | 3 / 7
RadicalRat | Zalak | 1 / 7
SlickWylde | RadicalRat | 1 / 7
Not voting: GreenReaperGod, #HBC | J, RosalinaSGS, Omar_25, TheKingofKoopas, ThatSmasherYouKnow

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You really don't like people voting for you, eh.

I thought that you were acting scummy, so I voted for you. It gives me a headache that I have to explain this.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Unvote
Vote:
@#HBC | Kary

Slick has made some very suspicious posts, and I am NOT just letting him go...

But I don't like Kary's overall attitude. It doesn't make sense for a Townie to be refusing questions and only giving half-answers to the ones she does respond to.

That said, she HAS been raising some fairly good points. But I maintain that you can't just completely ignore someone for being scum in a game with multiple scum factions. Conversely, someone isn't guaranteed Town for finding some scum.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
@ SlickWylde SlickWylde Sorry for the slow response to your question. The trap works because by making yourself suspicious, the mafia has a reason to vote for you unnoticed, except for the fact that by making yourself too suspicious, it becomes obvious what they are trying to do.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@ SlickWylde SlickWylde Sorry for the slow response to your question. The trap works because by making yourself suspicious, the mafia has a reason to vote for you unnoticed, except for the fact that by making yourself too suspicious, it becomes obvious what they are trying to do.
But I voted for you, and you never once suggested I'm mafia. Or do you believe that I didn't fall for the trap, and am voting for other reasons?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
That's not why it didn't work. It didn't work because the Town isn't just going to ignore a suspicious post, so your "trap" is equally likely to catch both Town and Scum.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That's not why it didn't work. It didn't work because the Town isn't just going to ignore a suspicious post, so your "trap" is equally likely to catch both Town and Scum.
Agreed. I don't think he has a good defense for this.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it feels like you're voting for everyone except the one person who has the most going against him. I understand thinking that I and Kary are suspicious (I had her as "no clue", and now I have her as 51% scum), but I don't think it's wise to switch your vote so soon.

Are you just switching your vote for reactions, and to bring attention to that person, or hoping everyone else will switch too?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
You really don't like people voting for you, eh.

I thought that you were acting scummy, so I voted for you. It gives me a headache that I have to explain this.
I wasn't asking you why you voted for me; I already know that. I was asking why you didn't vote for ThatSmasher, Radical, etc, when they were suspicious. Up to my accusation, you'd had your (RVS) vote for Omar for practically the entire game.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I don't think he has a good defense for this.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it feels like you're voting for everyone except the one person who has the most going against him. I understand thinking that I and Kary are suspicious (I had her as "no clue", and now I have her as 51% scum), but I don't think it's wise to switch your vote so soon.

Are you just switching your vote for reactions, and to bring attention to that person, or hoping everyone else will switch too?
As of right now, my votes are indicative of who I consider most important to be inspected. Until I'm ready to go for a kill, the popular vote has very little influence on my own.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
As of right now, my votes are indicative of who I consider most important to be inspected. Until I'm ready to go for a kill, the popular vote has very little influence on my own.
So then what are your thoughts on ThatSmasher? I've seen you call him out many times.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
So then what are your thoughts on ThatSmasher? I've seen you call him out many times.
I still think he's super fishy. But it doesn't look like we'll be getting much more out of him until he gives us more to scrutinize. We've fallen into a circular interrogation pattern, and I'd like to see more of his behavior when he's NOT the primary target.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm ignoring Omar for now since he's going to sub out. So without Omar, who are the top 3 most inactive players? HTC J, Rosalina, and there's someone else who hasn't posted much, but I can't remember who. Spak has been spirratic, right?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I'm ignoring Omar for now since he's going to sub out. So without Omar, who are the top 3 most inactive players? HTC J, Rosalina, and there's someone else who hasn't posted much, but I can't remember who. Spak has been spirratic, right?
I don't think inactivity is a good indicator here. Spak appears to have had a lot going on IRL, Rosalina is usually asleep during the action, and J said before we even started that he was ill, but I think he's going to start posting more soon.

Rather, we need to look at situational inactivity. Of the more active players, who stops posting and starts lurking when?

I've noticed an increase of activity from Kary, while Koopa's activity has been fading recently. Koopa I think matters more in this regard, because he's been very active while defending himself during the Koopa Kraze, but quieted down once he was "safe". He hasn't stopped posting entirely, but he is posting significantly less now.

Top Bottom