• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
"They're suspicious, but they're not."

You're saying a whole lot of nothing right now.
I'm trying to open up discussion on them. Kary makes me wary, but she hasn't talked enough for me to say anything definitive.

Zalak seems to have been overall more helpful, but there's still just that feeling of off-ness.

I said I'd like to get more opinions on Zalak, and more posts from Kary.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
i think the difference in my salem playstyle vs my mafia playstyle might be tripping you up. in salem, i try to play as ridiculous as i can without gamethrowing, but in this game i'm all

also saying someone seems off but then saying you have a town lean on them is a suspiciously safe thing to do.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
i think the difference in my salem playstyle vs my mafia playstyle might be tripping you up. in salem, i try to play as ridiculous as i can without gamethrowing, but in this game i'm all

also saying someone seems off but then saying you have a town lean on them is a suspiciously safe thing to do.
I have a Town lean based on the actual results and content of your posts. My instincts are in conflict with this, however.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
in this kind of situation, i would normally tell you to trust your instincts. :chuckle:

alright then, that's a reasonable request for more opinions on me. :083:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I think I'm gonna use this every time I log in from now on.

@ Kaladin Kaladin

Pretend for a moment.... ThatSmasher doesn't exist. Who should we investigate right now?
Radical Rat, Kary, then yourself or koops. In that order. My intuition says Kary is bad news, but that's largely unsubstantiated.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
spak.. if you time to post sick videos like that... perhaps you have time to tell me who you think we should be investigating right now?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I would go with either Radical or ThatSmasher. Koopa is probably a third.
I'm curious about you as well.

-Lean on RR?
-Lean on Kary?
-Lean on Zalak?
-Lean on Omar and other inactives?
-Lean on myself?

Have you contributed anything original thus far?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm curious about you as well.

-Lean on RR?
-Lean on Kary?
-Lean on Zalak?
-Lean on Omar and other inactives?
-Lean on myself?

Have you contributed anything original thus far?
-Scum lean for RadicalRat. I'm guessing mafia because he's been trying to make practically everyone participating in the game look suspicious.
-Don't really have an opinion on Kary. Neutral for now I guess.
-Same as above.
-J is supposed to be back tomorrow, so I'll wait till then. Omar, on the other hand, may just be trying to play the inactive card to stay out of the public eye. Hopefully he becomes more active soon.
-You're an interesting case. I was the first to post my suspicions of you, which soon lead to you almost getting lynched. However, being a fellow noob, I felt that your defenses were believable and I eventually backed down. Right now you're neutral, as I don't really agree with keeping ThatSmasher around if we don't have to, but that's really just a personal opinion.

As for contributing, I would say not much. Like I said before, I was the first one to accuse you, but that's really been it. I feel like I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched as a townie.

I'll be back in 30 mins if you want to ask more questions.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
spak.. if you time to post sick videos like that... perhaps you have time to tell me who you think we should be investigating right now?
I still haven't taken time to read over the thread thoroughly since two days ago (I usually just post anything of intrest I see on the current page), but I think that the investigation on RadR is the way to go. He's been really sheepish in his reads thus far, doesn't like to commit, and hasn't generated all that much original content. The only thing keeping me from saying that he's been un-useful to the town is his push on Koops early (which gave us a decent amount of valuable info), but during that entire push he was being a bit overly-friendly to Gen (which we've already talked about and he agreed with). I'm not saying Rad is scum (although he is one of my stronger scum reads at the moment), but I think he definitely deserves to be looked into even more.

Anyways, 5:30 is coming sooner than I would want. Good night.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't taken time to read over the thread thoroughly since two days ago (I usually just post anything of intrest I see on the current page), but I think that the investigation on RadR is the way to go. He's been really sheepish in his reads thus far, doesn't like to commit, and hasn't generated all that much original content. The only thing keeping me from saying that he's been un-useful to the town is his push on Koops early (which gave us a decent amount of valuable info), but during that entire push he was being a bit overly-friendly to Gen (which we've already talked about and he agreed with). I'm not saying Rad is scum (although he is one of my stronger scum reads at the moment), but I think he definitely deserves to be looked into even more.
While I'm always ready to be given scrutiny, this particular post is full of either major oversights( Excusable since you haven't properly read the thread ), or blatant lies.

I've generated lots of original content, some when prompted, some when not. Most recently, my push on Slick.

I suppose you could say I'm being sheepish, but I really don't have much to go on, and I would like to give everyone a shot at defending themselves. I have committed to everything I've said though. I maintain lots of the suspicions I've brought up, check my recent list of reads, but my vote has been changing with whoever I deem to be the highest priority at the moment. I've explained that before, when Koopa accused me of vote shuffling.

My friendliness toward Generic at the time of the Koopa Kraze, as well as his toward mine, was short-lived and circumstantial. I'll agree it looked pretty suspicious, but as soon as I saw more suspicious behavior after his defense post, which was enough to satisfy me for the time being, I didn't let it slip by. I called him out on it immediately, and he quickly shot right back up the suspect list for me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, I completely missed the Slick push. That takes away the original content criticism for sure.

Gonna come back and read the thread when it isn't 6:14 AM.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Anyways, 5:30 is coming sooner than I would want. Good night.
I don't agree with this at all. That may have been true on page 5, but not now. He's committed pretty hard to accusing several people, including myself. I'd like to see your opinion after you read the last few pages. My biggest point against him is how fast he changes targets.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh I missed @ Spak Spak 's post about missing the push for me, my bad.

Greninjad. (Not really ninja'd, I just didn't read the page carefully lol)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

The Vanilla Townie is the most common role - not just in this game but in mafia in general.

A lot of new players tend to find the role a bit boring because it doen't give you any special abilities. However, this isn't necessarily a disadvantage and a lot of experienced players tend to prefer playing as Vanilla Townie which often surpries new players. The lack of a special ability allows the player to focus on the game's main goal - finding scum. A Vanilla Townie doesn't have to worry about [mis-]using his ability or getting killed at Night as his death doesn't remove any power role from the town. Since no role or ability exists that serves as a direct counter to the play of a strong Vanilla Townie it can actually turn out to be the mafia's worst enemy even with strong power roles around. So don't underestimate the Vanilla Townie!

~~~​

Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
Omar_25 | #HBC Kary | 1 / 7
ThatSmasherYouKnow | Spak, SlickWylde, *GenericHandle* | 3 / 7
RadicalRat | Zalak, ThatSmasherYouKnow | 2 / 7
SlickWylde | RadicalRat | 1 / 7
Not voting: GreenReaperGod, #HBC | J, RosalinaSGS, Omar_25, TheKingofKoopas

:059:

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So not being scummy makes you scum, but being scummy makes you scum too.

Reaper warrents some investigation, nothing more imo.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Immediately vote for GreenReaper based off one post? I agree that it was a suspicious post, but changing your vote for him? I don't see it. Can you explain that to me?
Anytime someone votes for someone based off one post, it worries me. Maybe the more I play with you guys, the more I'll understand. But it doesn't make sense to me yet.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Kary was justified in that vote.

That post was basically just a "In case anyone was wondering, I'm Town!"

Combined with earlier suspicions, it doesn't really look great for him.

That said, I don't really feel strongly about him... It wouldn't be completely unreasonable. In Town of Salem, very few games will happen where someone doesn't just randomly say "By the way I'm a Survivor" and while I HATE when people do that because it DOES look mega suspicious... Most of the time they DO flip Survivor.

In Salem, the Survivor is the most analogous to a Vanilla Townie. Though they are technically neutral, gameplay is very similar.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me

Combined with earlier suspicions, it doesn't really look great for him.

That said, I don't really feel strongly about him... It wouldn't be completely unreasonable. In Town of Salem, very few games will happen where someone doesn't just randomly say "By the way I'm a Survivor" and while I HATE when people do that because it DOES look mega suspicious... Most of the time they DO flip Survivor.

In Salem, the Survivor is the most analogous to a Vanilla Townie. Though they are technically neutral, gameplay is very similar.
What earlier suspicions?

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I think he's pretty neutral. He's not as active as some of us here, but I wouldn't consider him inactive either, which makes sense considering he said he has classes to tend to. I would say he brings up some original things, but they're normally small tidbits.

I feel like I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched as a townie.
Not sure how I feel about that, though. I feel like Kary's jumping the gun voting on just that statement alone.

No. He was asked if he contributed anything original in the game, and he responded "not much, I feel like I've been playing too defensively." His post was answering Generic's questions, not just stating he's town.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't have Kary pegged as scum, but I think that was a little weird. Thought she/he seems pretty clever, so I imagine there was a reason for it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey all! Sorry for my V/LA, but can't control sickness haha. I am very excited and happy to see the game has taken off so well in my absence and has given me things to read. I just wanted to pop up and say I am responding to my other game first then coming in here and diving into it.

But I want to say that I am very happy that all of you newcomers are so active! That makes me smile especially as a mod. :) So thank you guys!

(enough being cheesy, I'll be back later!)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So you realize that you've been playing too passive, but you still haven't done anything to change that.
That is a fair point. I don't know if that makes him scummy, but at best it was a useless post. Basically "I'm afraid of dying, so I don't want to say much of anything".

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Most of you don't seem to appreciate that your vote is a tool in looking for scum. Votes in themselves don't do anything until there's a majority on one player, but by voting for someone you can express that you find them scummy and worth investigating.

Immediately vote for GreenReaper based off one post? I agree that it was a suspicious post, but changing your vote for him? I don't see it. Can you explain that to me?
Do you think I should still be voting Omar?

Top Bottom