• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Aye, but with one werewolf attack, the mafia's power can be reduced by an entire third.
That's a fair point. But the Mafia would be going at risk of being killed by the Werewolves too. You can have the whole town on your side, and the Werewolves would ruin it for you.
Frankly, I find it really unlikely that one of the mafia members would be killed by a werewolf, as werewolves need to keep the suspicious ones alive if they want to remain undiscovered by the townies.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Reasoning????????????
Explainaton. Now.
Because of him asking for peoples' thoughts on him, while he previously had very little going against him. And then he tried to silence me, saying that "no critical thinking person wouldn't think that's suspicious". That may be true, but anyone who tries to silence a potential lead is going to look MUCH worse to me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
:025:hold on, are you saying everyone should be suspicious of you?
I'm saying everyone should read everyone's post, and try to determine what that person meant. I think my intention makes perfect sense when you read my post carefully.

@ R RadicalRat I think you're fine in being suspicious of my post. I don't think you're right in your interpretation. I don't mind that you threw me in the spotlight, I expect to be questioned and some people to accuse me eventually. I don't expect people to misinterpret one post and immediately vote for me.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Because of him asking for peoples' thoughts on him, while he previously had very little going against him. And then he tried to silence me, saying that "no critical thinking person wouldn't think that's suspicious". That may be true, but anyone who tries to silence a potential lead is going to look MUCH worse to me.
That's laughably little to go on. Strong scum lean on RR now, for straw-grasping.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I kind of agree with RR though. That was a little weird of Slick. :101:

ANYWAYS, seeya all later :122:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
That's laughably little to go on. Strong scum lean on RR now, for straw-grasping.
Is it really? He said nothing accusing me, so I'm not acting out of self-preservation. I don't consider it straw-grasping. I attempted to question him on the matter, and his response wasn't a proper explanation at all, and instead seemed to me like an attempt to silence interrogation. If that's grasping at straws, these are some DAMN LARGE STRAWS we're talking about.

I'm saying everyone should read everyone's post, and try to determine what that person meant. I think my intention makes perfect sense when you read my post carefully.

@ R RadicalRat I think you're fine in being suspicious of my post. I don't think you're right in your interpretation. I don't mind that you threw me in the spotlight, I expect to be questioned and some people to accuse me eventually. I don't expect people to misinterpret one post and immediately vote for me.
Correct me then. What WAS your intention? After re-reading, I've developed a possible alternate explanation. But I don't want to just tell you what to say. I'd like to hear your own explanation. You already have an answer from Generic, so it shouldn't affect the outcome of that.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Whoa, @ R RadicalRat did you just say I said nobody should be suspicious of my post? I don't think that's what I said at all. I believe my words were "I think any critical thinking person would ask themselves that question without you needing to spell it out for them."
If you had said something like "That seems a little suspicious, why are you asking him that?" as opposed to your attack style question, I would have respected it a lot more. (Which is why my response was harsh)

I based my vote on TSYK on several posts, not one.

Both Zalak and Generic found my post suspicious too.

As far as my intention, it was nothing super flashy, but I kinda wanted to see if Generic was going to buddy buddy me. If he had me as a scum read, I would have been a little suspicious. If he said I was a town read, I would have been even more suspicious.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, @ R RadicalRat did you just say I said nobody should be suspicious of my post? I don't think that's what I said at all. I believe my words were "I think any critical thinking person would ask themselves that question without you needing to spell it out for them."
If you had said something like "That seems a little suspicious, why are you asking him that?" as opposed to your attack style question, I would have respected it a lot more. (Which is why my response was harsh)
No no no, I didn't mean it like that. I know you weren't saying that nobody should have found your post suspicious. But your response seemed aimed at stopping me from speaking up about my suspicions. I can understand that you felt personally attacked there, but I maintain that's a fishy way to respond to an accusation. The reason for my aggressive questioning was precisely to draw out a response like that. I can understand a harsh response, and perhaps a ruder tone put on your defense.

But asserting that ANYTHING should go without saying in a game like this? That's just not something I can see a Townie saying. In my mind, a Townie would welcome attacks as just more ways to prove their innocence. An opportunity to clear suspicion is a good opportunity for a Townie to have. Meanwhile, an opportunity to appear more suspicious is a bad opportunity for a scum player to have.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Okay, I'm gonna try to get back to all of you as soon as possible, I just got out of school.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Honestly, Generic is protecting me a little too much. It might be that he either believes I am town and is trying to protect me, but he still has a vote on my which seems scummy. Plus, his profile picture is Donald Trump. JK about that last one.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No no no, I didn't mean it like that. I know you weren't saying that nobody should have found your post suspicious. But your response seemed aimed at stopping me from speaking up about my suspicions. I can understand that you felt personally attacked there, but I maintain that's a fishy way to respond to an accusation. The reason for my aggressive questioning was precisely to draw out a response like that. I can understand a harsh response, and perhaps a ruder tone put on your defense.

But asserting that ANYTHING should go without saying in a game like this? That's just not something I can see a Townie saying. In my mind, a Townie would welcome attacks as just more ways to prove their innocence. An opportunity to clear suspicion is a good opportunity for a Townie to have. Meanwhile, an opportunity to appear more suspicious is a bad opportunity for a scum player to have.
To be honest, I was a little annoyed, because I was hoping Generic would answer casually, and perhaps give me a hint, but then when you brought it to everyone's attention, I knew that even if he was scum, he'd answer much more carefully. (which he did)
Also, it felt like you were randomly grasping. I still feel like you changing your vote to me is a really bad idea. It honestly feels like you did it just out of spite, and not out of logic. It's your vote, of course.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
As far as my intention, it was nothing super flashy, but I kinda wanted to see if Generic was going to buddy buddy me. If he had me as a scum read, I would have been a little suspicious. If he said I was a town read, I would have been even more suspicious.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to what you claim your intention was. This works for me, it's what I had in mind as a possibility. My only concern is your initial reaction...

All things considered, I'm currently going to say that...

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow and @ Kaladin Kaladin are probably on a scum team together. Most likely wolves.

@ SlickWylde SlickWylde is probably on the other scum team.

@TheKingofKoopas and @#HBC | Kary MIGHT be scum, but I don't know for sure yet.

@ Zalak Zalak I feel like saying Town. He's been a touch selective in his questioning, but overall seems to be helping the state of the game as a whole.

@RosalinaSGS is the one currently looking the MOST Town for me.

Everyone else, I don't really have proper opinions on yet.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I was a little annoyed, because I was hoping Generic would answer casually, and perhaps give me a hint, but then when you brought it to everyone's attention, I knew that even if he was scum, he'd answer much more carefully. (which he did)
Also, it felt like you were randomly grasping. I still feel like you changing your vote to me is a really bad idea. It honestly feels like you did it just out of spite, and not out of logic. It's your vote, of course.
I switched my vote because I threw out a probing accusation at you, and then your response only made you look more suspicious to me. If you look back you'll see a consistent pattern in most of my votes. I'll give an accusation, look at the response, and then decide whether or not to vote for them accordingly.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
If I was on a scum team, they would be feeding me information. I've been trying my best to prove my innocence, but none of you seem to believe me, I voted against Generic towards the beginning, so why would we be working together. He would have told me to keep my vote on him if we were working together. Anyways, gtg for about 30 minutes.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Sorry, I forgot to respond to what you claim your intention was. This works for me, it's what I had in mind as a possibility. My only concern is your initial reaction...

All things considered, I'm currently going to say that...

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow and @ Kaladin Kaladin are probably on a scum team together. Most likely wolves.

@ SlickWylde SlickWylde is probably on the other scum team.

@TheKingofKoopas and @#HBC | Kary MIGHT be scum, but I don't know for sure yet.

@ Zalak Zalak I feel like saying Town. He's been a touch selective in his questioning, but overall seems to be helping the state of the game as a whole.

@RosalinaSGS is the one currently looking the MOST Town for me.

Everyone else, I don't really have proper opinions on yet.
TSYK is at 5/7 votes. He could easily be lynched while I'm at school or something. Wouldn't it be smarter to not be voting and just FoS him if we were mafia buddies and playing the throw everyone off by accusing eachother strategy? Anyhow, if we're doing this.

My gut says Kary and Zalak are scum, but I won't act on that.

Rat is scum. Koops is probably scum. TSYK is scum.

Rosa&Wylde are a very, very, very slight town lean.

Everyone else needs to post more

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
TSYK is at 5/7 votes. He could easily be lynched while I'm at school or something. Wouldn't it be smarter to not be voting and just FoS him if we were mafia buddies and playing the throw everyone off by accusing eachother strategy?
I disagree. It's true, that as of the most recent official vote count, Smasher's at 5/7. But, he also has several people reasonably advocating he not be hammered just yet. In fact, I'd say that 5/7 is going to be a sort of soft cap until we get closer to next Sunday. If I were scum, I'd be confident leaving my vote on him until I could get him a reasonable defense.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I disagree. It's true, that as of the most recent official vote count, Smasher's at 5/7. But, he also has several people reasonably advocating he not be hammered just yet. In fact, I'd say that 5/7 is going to be a sort of soft cap until we get closer to next Sunday. If I were scum, I'd be confident leaving my vote on him until I could get him a reasonable defense.
Well, I wouldn't be. Risk vs reward.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'll probably be out the rest of the night, so tag me if you need a defense or anything, and I'll be back tomorrow morning.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Risk: One scum member is lost. As a werewolf, this would mean there's only one left...

Reward: Even if he gets lynched, a kill is still possible( Assuming werewolf ), and in turn you'd have an easier time gaining the Town's trust.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Risk: One scum member is lost. As a werewolf, this would mean there's only one left...

Reward: Even if he gets lynched, a kill is still possible( Assuming werewolf ), and in turn you'd have an easier time gaining the Town's trust.
A loss of a mafia member is honestly a lot, lot worse than a loss of a werewolf partner.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
yeah no, I agree with Radical. With so many people advocating to wait for the end of the day to lynch, anyone who hammers is likely to get wrecked on the next day, so I don't think anyone would risk it.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
yeah no, I agree with Radical. With so many people advocating to wait for the end of the day to lynch, anyone who hammers is likely to get wrecked on the next day, so I don't think anyone would risk it.
Eh? I'd rather appear to be right on the verge of voting for my buddy, but not actually do it until I invent a reason to vote for someone else. Same reward, lower risk. Regardless, I'm advocating strongly for his lynching now so the point is moot. I'll probably draw up an entire case against him later.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Eh? I'd rather appear to be right on the verge of voting for my buddy, but not actually do it until I invent a reason to vote for someone else. Same reward, lower risk. Regardless, I'm advocating strongly for his lynching now so the point is moot. I'll probably draw up an entire case against him later.
That sounds like a waste of time to me. Many people, including you, have already explained why this punk is no good. I'd like to keep things moving onto new developments.

I'd really like to harass Slick a bit more, but he's gone offline for the night.

Zalak's posts feel a bit off to me, but I can't pick out anything in particular. That said, I'm still getting a Town lean.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
That sounds like a waste of time to me. Many people, including you, have already explained why this punk is no good. I'd like to keep things moving onto new developments.

I'd really like to harass Slick a bit more, but he's gone offline for the night.

Zalak's posts feel a bit off to me, but I can't pick out anything in particular. That said, I'm still getting a Town lean.
Can you go more in depth as to why you lean town if his posts feel "off"?

How do you feel about Kary (not sure if I've asked you already, sorry)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Spak Spak

I see you lurking. Thoughts?
Sorry, I just had this up in another tab.
@ Spak Spak @omar thoughts on Kary, Zalak, and Rosa? No rush, though if yall are busy.
Already stated my opinion on Kary for the most part.

Zalak seems to be doing a good job of scumhunting, as any good town or scum would. I haven't really seen anything scummy about him, but then again he hasn't put himself out there all that much so far. I've noticed a couple of places where he's stated reads, but so far they all seem pretty safe. I haven't re-read the past few pages, so I am a bit behind and he may have put himself out there and I'm spouting outdated opinions. I'm not sure either way about him yet, so I'll put him at a null or very slight town lean.

I really like Rosa's posts so far. I know that Australia time is different and there's less overlap in our schedules, but I've woken up every morning to a Rosa post detailing what he caught in his read and agreeing with most of the points (some of which went by without me noticing). I sense a lot of scumhunting intent and Rosa seems to be level-headed in acting for the town, so I'd say he's my strongest town lean so far.

Back to CTE & AP Stat.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Can you go more in depth as to why you lean town if his posts feel "off"?

How do you feel about Kary (not sure if I've asked you already, sorry)
I lean Town, because he's made solid points, and had a positive impact on the discussions. It's just that something about them seems a bit strange. Perhaps it's just natural suspicion from the innumerable games of Salem I've played with him. Perhaps it's something more. But I'd like for other people to give me a second opinion on him.

As for Kary... she's suspicious to me. But not suspicious enough. She's been too quiet for me to get a solid read on. I still don't like that joke she made earlier, but other explanations have been put forth, so that's not enough. I'm leaning scum, but I really need to see more from her to make a solid decision.

Top Bottom