• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Most of you don't seem to appreciate that your vote is a tool in looking for scum. Votes in themselves don't do anything until there's a majority on one player, but by voting for someone you can express that you find them scummy and worth investigating.

Do you think I should still be voting Omar?
I don't know. But I think you'll notice I changed my tone after the post you quoted. When I said you could be doing something clever, that's kind of what I meant. I realized that you weren't expecting everyone to switch votes. I'm starting to understand your playstyle better.

I honestly don't even remember who Omar is, so I'll need to read through old pages and see what he was up to.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Yeah, I've been a little bit too inactive this entire game, so it would probably be best if I was replaced by someone who would actually do something. I honestly don't see myself adding anything to the conversation any time soon.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I think he's pretty neutral. He's not as active as some of us here, but I wouldn't consider him inactive either, which makes sense considering he said he has classes to tend to. I would say he brings up some original things, but they're normally small tidbits.

Not sure how I feel about that, though. I feel like Kary's jumping the gun voting on just that statement alone.

No. He was asked if he contributed anything original in the game, and he responded "not much, I feel like I've been playing too defensively." His post was answering Generic's questions, not just stating he's town.
This sums up my sentiment as well.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
In Salem, the Survivor is the most analogous to a Vanilla Townie. Though they are technically neutral, gameplay is very similar.
NO!!!!!
The survivor being neutral is a huge deal, because you could be working against anyone. Also you can be immune for 3 nights. That's also a huge deal. The vanilla townie is more like a Mayor that chooses not to reveal.... or a Spy. No one uses the Spy's powers.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I think he's pretty neutral. He's not as active as some of us here, but I wouldn't consider him inactive either, which makes sense considering he said he has classes to tend to. I would say he brings up some original things, but they're normally small tidbits.
Actually, I think the fact that he's been semi-active makes him look WORSE. Scum players need to maintain an active presence, but they also don't always have much to say, because they already know the members of their faction. Speaking from experience, it can be difficult to find ways to add (or pretend to add) to a conversation in a mafia game when you already know everyone's alignment. This game is probably different though, because there are two scum factions.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Reaper should be investigated, just like everyone else. Kary's priorities seem rather suspicious to me, however. I'd rather investiate Zalak first. So, with that in mind, @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod and @ Zalak Zalak please answer the following questions: (@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary for good measure)

If you were king for a day, who would we lynch? Why? What % are you sure they're scum?

Lean on every player?

If you had to guessWW and Mafia teams, who would they be?

Why do I, personally, find you suspicious/feel the need to press you?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Actually, I think the fact that he's been semi-active makes him look WORSE. Scum players need to maintain an active presence, but they also don't always have much to say, because they already know the members of their faction. Speaking from experience, it can be difficult to find ways to add (or pretend to add) to a conversation in a mafia game when you already know everyone's alignment. This game is probably different though, because there are two scum factions.
Yeah was about to say the same thing. And I think that's pretty cool, and makes this really interesting.

So I read over the entire thread, and will agree that Omar hasn't contributed to anything really. And I realize he's busy, but he's had time to view the thread for large amounts of time, and has also liked a bunch of people's posts. But after his latest post, I don't know. It definitely doesn't eliminate the possibility of him being scum.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
What earlier suspicions?
I pressured him a bit after your votes aligned, and then I mentioned him wanting to get rid of an experienced player, even if it was an RVS vote, was suspicious, especially given that he just assumed roles weren't distributed randomly.

All minor things, of course, but not to be forgotten as more appears.

Not sure how I feel about that, though. I feel like Kary's jumping the gun voting on just that statement alone.

No. He was asked if he contributed anything original in the game, and he responded "not much, I feel like I've been playing too defensively." His post was answering Generic's questions, not just stating he's town.
Yes, but he answered his question with "Nope. But I'm still Town though!"

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
This game is probably different though, because there are two scum factions.
Well yes, I assume the fact there are two scum factions means everyone is out to protect themselves.

Yes, but he answered his question with "Nope. But I'm still Town though!"
But it's not like it was a different topic, he was explaining why he was playing defensively. Townies are also gonna say they're town, right?
I agree more with what Kary said, that it's suspicious he hasn't tried playing less defensively.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
So you realize that you've been playing too passive, but you still haven't done anything to change that.
You're kidding, right? I made that post late last night before I went to bed, less than ten posts before your accusation. I haven't even had the chance to make a proper post before now, as I've been in school all day, and if you honestly expect to make long, investigative posts during passing periods, you're crazy.

I actually think Kary was justified in that vote.

That post was basically just a "In case anyone was wondering, I'm Town!"
That wasn't the entire post. Like Koopa said, I used it in my response to Gen.

Combined with earlier suspicions, it doesn't really look great for him.
Combined with earlier suspicions? The only suspicion I've heard from you was when Gen made a similar post a couple minutes after me, and I thought that pointed was dismissed long ago.

Do you think I should still be voting Omar?
No, but honestly I find it suspicious that just now you change your vote, and over so little too. You didn't change it when anyone else was being accused. Why?

As for contributing, I would say not much. Like I said before, I was the first one to accuse you, but that's really been it. I feel like I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched as a townie.
I'll explain this part of the post. The "as a townie" part was originally not there, but I decided to add it because I thought that this
I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched.
sounded like something a mafia would tell one of his/her mafia buddies in a private chat.

more replies soon

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
Wait, you're saying "I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched." sounds like something a mafia would say in a private chat? Maybe I'm confused, weren't you the one that said that?
I must be missing something.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Reaper should be investigated, just like everyone else. Kary's priorities seem rather suspicious to me, however. I'd rather investiate Zalak first. So, with that in mind, @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod and @ Zalak Zalak please answer the following questions: (@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary for good measure)

If you were king for a day, who would we lynch? Why? What % are you sure they're scum?

Lean on every player?

I would lynch RadicalRat because he is super shifty, and every active player has commented on him at least once, so we could use the reveal of his role as evidence to find the other scum. I'm like 75% sure he's scum. I would say higher, but overconfidence has been the death of me in previous mafia games. At this point though, I definitely want to lynch him.

as for my leans..

Null: J, Omar, Kary

Spak: Slight scum lean because of his lack of original content, but I feel like this might be due to his large amounts of schoolwork. I definitely want to see more from him, but as it stands, he's pretty shifty.

RadicalRat: SCUM /READ/. There are contradictions in his theories, and his views seem to be changing rapidly. Also, while he has posted a lot of meaningful content, some of his posts gave me the sense that he was just trying to seem active. LASTLY, some of his posts look like preparation for evil plans to come.

You: Strong scum lean. You seem a little too concerned about getting on everyone's good side. Your reads have been changing at a pace that feels unnatural. You've stated many times that you are town, which is a little bit weird. That being said, you've been one of the most active players, which is a hard thing to pull off as scum, and you've generated a fair amount of meaningful content, though you've mostly been asking questions.

Slickwylde: Town lean. He's made a couple suspicious moves, but overall, I've liked his content.

Koops: Most of his posts seemed to be focused on self-defense. On the other hand, I don't feel like he was given much of a choice during the "Koopa Kraze", and I feel like it was just that, a Kraze. I also don't like the fact that all charges against Koopa were led by Radical and Generic. For defensive play though, and a lack of helpful content, this guy is a scum lean for now. I'd like to hear more from him.

Rosalina: Slight town lean. Good content, but I'd like to hear more from them.

ThatSmasher: Scum lean. Way too focused on self-defense. I want to hear more from him.

Green: Slight scum lean. They haven't done much to gain pro-town points for me, but they've been posting a fair amount.

For the teams, I could be way off, but if I had to guess..

WW: You and Radical. The two of you are far too chummy, and it doesn't feel like you two have ties to anyone else.

Mafia: ThatSmasher, Koops, and Kary. ThatSmasher and Koops because they both seem fairly scummy indivudally, and Kary because she could be trying to subtly defend ThatSmasher.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
This might get a little personal, but in real life I'm a really shy person. I guess that translates to here as well, because I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a post and then discarded it for no good reason. This is really irritating, as I don't really have that much time to post in the first place.

Lean on every player?

I would lynch ThatSmasher. Right now I'm 70% sure he's scum, which is higher than the other two players that I'm suspicious of.

Leans:
White: Neutral, Light Blue: Town Lean, Blue: Town, Pink: Mafia Lean, Red: Mafia, Light Green: Werewolf Lean, Green: Werewolf
  1. Spak
  2. RadicalRat
  3. SlickWylde
  4. TheKingofKoopas
  5. *GenericHandle*
  6. GreenReaperGod
  7. Omar_25
  8. ThatSmasherYouKnow
  9. #HBC | J
  10. #HBC | Kary
  11. Zalak
  12. RosalinaSGS
I made this a while back, but like I said above, never posted it. I've adapted it to show my current thoughts on the current players.

I have a feeling that TSYK and RadicalRat are both mafia. Koopa might be a werewolf, but to be honest I'm not so sure.

I'm confused on the last question.

@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
Wait, you're saying "I've almost been playing too defensively/carefully just because I'm so afraid of being lynched." sounds like something a mafia would say in a private chat? Maybe I'm confused, weren't you the one that said that?
I must be missing something.
I think a lot before I post. I try to think of all the ways that my post could be interpreted, and I thought that it sounded like something mafia would say, so I decided to add "as a townie" on the end just to be safe.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Oh, and to answer the final question, you said you had a gut feeling about me.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I would lynch RadicalRat because he is super shifty, and every active player has commented on him at least once, so we could use the reveal of his role as evidence to find the other scum. I'm like 75% sure he's scum. I would say higher, but overconfidence has been the death of me in previous mafia games. At this point though, I definitely want to lynch him.

as for my leans..

Null: J, Omar, Kary

Spak: Slight scum lean because of his lack of original content, but I feel like this might be due to his large amounts of schoolwork. I definitely want to see more from him, but as it stands, he's pretty shifty.

RadicalRat: SCUM /READ/. There are contradictions in his theories, and his views seem to be changing rapidly. Also, while he has posted a lot of meaningful content, some of his posts gave me the sense that he was just trying to seem active. LASTLY, some of his posts look like preparation for evil plans to come.

You: Strong scum lean. You seem a little too concerned about getting on everyone's good side. Your reads have been changing at a pace that feels unnatural. You've stated many times that you are town, which is a little bit weird. That being said, you've been one of the most active players, which is a hard thing to pull off as scum, and you've generated a fair amount of meaningful content, though you've mostly been asking questions.

Slickwylde: Town lean. He's made a couple suspicious moves, but overall, I've liked his content.

Koops: Most of his posts seemed to be focused on self-defense. On the other hand, I don't feel like he was given much of a choice during the "Koopa Kraze", and I feel like it was just that, a Kraze. I also don't like the fact that all charges against Koopa were led by Radical and Generic. For defensive play though, and a lack of helpful content, this guy is a scum lean for now. I'd like to hear more from him.

Rosalina: Slight town lean. Good content, but I'd like to hear more from them.

ThatSmasher: Scum lean. Way too focused on self-defense. I want to hear more from him.

Green: Slight scum lean. They haven't done much to gain pro-town points for me, but they've been posting a fair amount.

For the teams, I could be way off, but if I had to guess..

WW: You and Radical. The two of you are far too chummy, and it doesn't feel like you two have ties to anyone else.

Mafia: ThatSmasher, Koops, and Kary. ThatSmasher and Koops because they both seem fairly scummy indivudally, and Kary because she could be trying to subtly defend ThatSmasher.
You say that Kary is null, but then put him on your mafia guess?
Reaper, the question is basically why am I investigating you.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You say that Kary is null, but then put him on your mafia guess?
Yes. A null player could be just about any role. You asked which teams I thought were most likely, not which players are most scummy. Kary seemed to fit as a teammate for ThatSmasher.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@ Zalak Zalak

You think Generic and RadicalRat are chummy? I'd say that was true, if this was page 5, but not now. I agree with your assessment of Radical. He started off really good, but made less sense as the game moved on. Whereas I feel the opposite about TSYK. I still think he's scum, but his defenses in the past few pages were not bad.

I actually thought maybe you and Kary were working together, but the last 2 pages has changed my mind about that. Here are my opinions, if anyone cares.

Zalak: No Idea 50%
Kary: No Idea 50%
Green Reaper: 50.1% town read. If he doesn't start contributing more, I will definitely be putting him on my scum list.
TSYK: Scum 80% (I think he's done more positive stuff in the past few pages though)
RadicalRat: Scum 90%. My guess is Mafia. And yes, part of it is his attack on me. It felt very opportunistic.
Generic: Slight Scum read 55% (Down from 75%)
J: No idea 50% not fair to make an assumption yet.
Rosalina: No idea 50%
Omar: Slight Scum read 51% (I don't see much against him, but his posts definitely didn't contribute much)
Spak: Town Read 70% (I don't think I've seen any suspicious posts by him. People remind me if he said anything weird.)

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You think Generic and RadicalRat are chummy? I'd say that was true, if this was page 5, but not now.
see that's the thing, when did they stop acting chummy? when they were CALLED OUT ON IT :062: they did a complete 180, and it feels unnatural. it seems to me like they're deliberately trying to sever the link between them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah, I've been a little bit too inactive this entire game, so it would probably be best if I was replaced by someone who would actually do something. I honestly don't see myself adding anything to the conversation any time soon.
If you're sure you don't want to play anymore, you should PM @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ and ask him nicely to replace you :)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

Lean on every player?

I will answer exactly 2 questions. Pick which ones you really want the answer to.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
see that's the thing, when did they stop acting chummy? when they were CALLED OUT ON IT :062: they did a complete 180, and it feels unnatural. it seems to me like they're deliberately trying to sever the link between them.
I have to say you're right, it does definitely look that way. I'll admit that. However, if you look at actual post content, I started opposing him more once he made his big scummy posts. Futther, he lead the charge against me im the begining and was only dissuaded by my defense.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You're kidding, right? I made that post late last night before I went to bed, less than ten posts before your accusation. I haven't even had the chance to make a proper post before now, as I've been in school all day, and if you honestly expect to make long, investigative posts during passing periods, you're crazy.
Uhh this is the same post where you said you'd be back in 30 mins, right?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I agree with Generic that he really did start opposing RadicalRat, and it seemed legitimiate. It's what made me think he was Mafia along with TSYK, and that Radical was WW, initially.

I don't agree that Kary's post was scummy. Came off as a little overconfident, but not evil.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Yeah, I checked the thread after I brushed my teeth and did that sort of stuff, but no one asked so I just went to bed.
Did you though? Or were you polishing your knife? :0 Jk (Other people made jokes too, so I think I'm allowed to)

I don't like the way you immediately agree that Kary's post was scummy. That concerns me.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Did you though? Or were you polishing your knife? :0 Jk (Other people made jokes too, so I think I'm allowed to)

I don't like the way you immediately agree that Kary's post was scummy. That concerns me.
I don't know, it just seems weird that you wouldn't answer someone's questions.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not quoting directly, but everyone seems to be saying the same thing about me. And that is that I've been inconsistent.

My focus has shifted, as it would be tantamount to suicide to target one player and one player only. My approaches have changed over the course of the game, but that is because this is my absolute first Forum Mafia game. I have experience with Town of Salem, and to a much lesser extent, epicmafia. I came in here expecting Salem with longer phases, and played accordingly. As the day went on, I began realizing it's a very different game, with very different players. My playstyle is going to constantly shift around until I get a feel for the game. Expect more consistent play game-tomorrow, if I live that long.

I am booked solid through most of the rest of IRL today, and will respond more specifically much later tonight.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I asked four.
Yeah, that's true.
I thought it was kinda a rude response, but not really scummy. If I had been suspicious of her, I might agree more. So I'll just keep watching, I guess.
Do you think she has other scummy posts, or did that one strike you differently?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Yeah, that's true.
I thought it was kinda a rude response, but not really scummy. If I had been suspicious of her, I might agree more. So I'll just keep watching, I guess.
Do you think she has other scummy posts, or did that one strike you differently?
Up until this point, I've had a gut feeling about Kary being scum, but nothing substantiated. This feels like him being defensive while trying to mask it with rudeness, but that could be confirmation bias.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
So, I am getting town lean from Slick, he seems to be Town, but again, we'll have to see.. I get a lot of scum read from Generic and Rat, especially because they seem to be working together. I know certain events have put me in bad light, but I want to act for the good of the town. As for Kary, slight scum read, but not a lot. Rosa might be town, but Rosa has not been active a lot. Spak, slight town lean, and everyone else I feel neutral about.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, I am getting town lean from Slick, he seems to be Town, but again, we'll have to see.. I get a lot of scum read from Generic and Rat, especially because they seem to be working together. I know certain events have put me in bad light, but I want to act for the good of the town. As for Kary, slight scum read, but not a lot. Rosa might be town, but Rosa has not been active a lot. Spak, slight town lean, and everyone else I feel neutral about.
Interesting. One the one hand, you could be hoping I'll change my mind about you (My vote is still on you). But on the other hand, the fact that you're not just lashing out at your biggest accuser I think is a good sign. +1 point for you in my book. (-3.5% scum). But I really don't think Generic and Rat are working together, in fact they've disagreed on most things.

@ Kaladin Kaladin I can see your logic behind that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That's kinda scummy.
Alright, if you were a king for a day who would you lynch, and who are WW/mafia.
Well the thing is that I only have so much time and energy to answer questions. I also think that asking a lot of questions that are just very general is not a good way to find scum. So I am meeting you halfway.

If i was king today, I would lynch either TSYK or RadR. Probably TSYK because I think he is scum and he's not really contributing anything.

Right now I think those two players are scum. I also think that Slick and GRG have done scummy things and so they need an eye on them. In terms of whether a player is a werewolf or mafia, it really makes zero difference to me at this point. Once we have some dead scum to maybe connect to other players then I will think more about it.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
So, you don't think I am contributing much but are framing RadRat as scum? Wasn't I the one who contributed a little to that? Anyways, I noticed people saying my 'trap' was nonsense, because the town would jump on that situation. But answer me this: If you were scum, would you openly make yourself suspicious?

Top Bottom