• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think no one expected Lucario, a former secret character who was widely believed to be on the chopping block and is from a series with no notable releases around this time, to be revealed next. That being said, he looks pretty good, and I'm kinda scared of what increased aura means since that was not a weak mechanic in Brawl. Either way, it's good to see him back.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Huh? Lucario for Brawl's anniversary? Just when we thought anniversaries didn't matter. I'll take it though, no surprise that he is in after the mass exposure X & Y gave him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, remember: Lucario and Toon Link are on the chopping block.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We got something and it was something no one saw coming. I believe Sakurai may be deliberately f**king with the supposed leakers.
Sakurai most likely had Lucario planned to be revealed today long before the Palutena leak, especially if it really was anniversary-related.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Nice, guess that marks another off the list. He looks great too, the effects of his moves look better as well. But damn now I have to hear people make the BS claim that snake is now the one in the most trouble, *sigh*

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't believe how frustrated I am with his return.
I...don't...like him...
I...don't...care...
I didn't really enjoy playing as him in Brawl and I don't really like him as a Pokemon but I'm super excited for him to be back. Those screenshots are oozing with hype.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This now raises the question... If there are actually cuts who the **** are they??
gonna be totally honest with you, I doubt they're cutting anyone

if they do I'm thinking PT, Ike or Lucas

Don't see anyone other than those 3 being cut tbqh (i've had this idea before the lucario reveal though)

Edit: it's quite possible those three wont even be cut as well

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Hey guys, remember: Lucario and Toon Link are on the chopping block.
Yea I wouldn't be surprised if all of the supposed cuts came back at this point.

I'm starting to think there aren't any cuts from Brawl at all, and that Mewtwo and Roy returns. Sakurai would pretty much make everyone happy.

Shroob

Sup?
gonna be totally honest with you, I doubt they're cutting anyone

if they do I'm thinking PT, Ike or Lucas

Don't see anyone other than those 3 being cut tbqh (i've had this idea before the lucario reveal though)

Edit: it's quite possible those three wont even be cut as well
Like Lucario, I have a hard time thinking Lucas to be cut. If Lucario were cut for Mewtwo, it'd be nothing more than repping one gen of Pokemon, which strangely enough is kind of the same thing for Lucas.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I just can't stop hating his design. I don't know, but it's just something about Smash 4 Lucario that I'm really not liking at the moment. Too bad he was one of my mains in Brawl, so I'll most likely just use him regardless. ...This is the first veteran reveal that did not excite me one bit.

You know, this update got me thinking that I can't wait to see how Falco looks in this game.

Krystal aside, seeing Falco reconfirmed would have me pretty hype. Doesn't seem that day will be anytime soon tho.
Falco is really the only character I want to see. He's just so ****ing cool, then again space animals in general are pretty sick.

Just him and Falcon , but we all know he's back .

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not exactly what you'd call a big fan of Lucario (in terms of Smash Brothers at least) and his damage gimmick is a big reasoning for that but I've got to say, Lucario looks amazing in these images.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nice, guess that marks another off the list. He looks great too, the effects of his moves look better as well. But damn now I have to hear people make the BS claim that snake is now the one in the most trouble, *sigh*
We will prevail, and then we will rejoice when we catch sight of that box. And laugh at everyone who doubted the great Solid Snake. And the power of friendship.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yesssssssss!! Thank you Sakurai!! teh aura's back!

c'mon Mewtwo, buddy. I know you can make it too.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
This now raises the question... If there are actually cuts who the **** are they??
My guess would be Pokemon Trainer and Snake are the leading contenders right now for the chopping block.

The Pokemon Trainer might get cut due to the fact that its three characters in one, that are linked by a mechanic that many players did not like. Cutting the Pokemon Trainer frees up three roster spots, and allows the team to focus on other character. Plus, I think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are the other two Pokemon veterans who will come back, which further hurts the Pokemon Trainer's chances.

As for Snake, I just don't think he's coming back. He's a major third-party character with no new games coming to the Wii U, and no close ties to Nintendo as a whole who got into Brawl as a favor to Kojima. Given Sonic and Mega Man have already be shown off, and Sakurai has stated that third-party characters will be limited, I don't think Snake's chances are really good right now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this point, I'd honestly be surprised if we get any cuts at all.

That being said, I only really doubted Lucario's chances for a few months after joining this site. Eventually I came to agreement that Lucario was far from the chopping block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom