• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like how tripping is being discussed more than Lucario himself.

Really though, don't worry. Sakurai has specifically stated would not return. It's more than likely at this point that he was only referring to random tripping. It's either something new that caused Lucario to trip, a forced trip from an attack, or a banana peel, perhaps from a yet to be revealed Diddy Kong.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Random Tripping's been confirmed to be gone eons ago. I think this might be related to some other moves or mechanics that causes slipping. Kirby's down-tilt for example.

You guys know tripping is going to be back in some way right? Not random tripping, but tripping itself is here to stay. Tripping was great when Diddy and items caused it.

This game so far is looking like brawl hd... i haven't seen much that really makes it seem it is gonna be alot different than the last entry losing hope.........

These seem more like fixes alot of people have the same stuff from before like mario and other characters...this is so sad
Just gonna have to wait till we get some gameplay, but there have been times where we simply called it and we were right. Like how everyone and there mom knew Meta Knight would be broken after the first trailer.

I still have faith in this game. However, the things that are "improved" seem more like damage control than anything else.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You know, I would feel pretty swindled to see such a universally vilified, nuisance mechanic like tripping be confirmed for removal by Word of God and then suddenly have it implemented for no good reason and we notice it by demo or release. Now that would truly be a **** move by a development team or even a director!

I hate tripping for the fact that it's been the anathemia of the Smash fandom since Brawl; it's hated, but its speculative presence is blighting us right now. Otherwise, a Diddy Kong or banana peel reveal or both would justify this and that's how tripping would better be implemented as an item-triggered mechanic. I'm still trusting Sakurai's word on this.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Can anyone on his twitter handle ask why is Lucario tripping in 2 of the images?????

Edit: Nevermind.

"Please note I will not be able to answer any questions"

Ha. Funny how that's in English.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he's saying something like "The Hero of the guiding wave joins the battle. Now there's 22." Must be a Japanese nickname for Lucario.

So Lucario's revealed and er... This doesn't really make me that giddy since I'm not huge on Pokemon (Even after X and Y... dundundundawn).... but wait, so what happens to Mewtwo? Sorry if this comes off as stupid but ya know, just asking.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So I used Rikaichan in an attempt to get a more accurate read on Sakurai's tweet. Lots of references to waves and something about a battle. Plug-in's so hard to read with a broad understanding of Japanese.

Probably just Lucario reveal tweet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Lucario's revealed and er... This doesn't really make me that giddy since I'm not huge on Pokemon (Even after X and Y... dundundundawn).... but wait, so what happens to Mewtwo? Sorry if this comes off as stupid but ya know, just asking.
He;s deconfirmed

Man I just realized we're going to have to deal with Lucario's aura fetish again.

"Watch the power of aura"
"...the aura"
"...aura..."

Maybe they'll cut that...or at make it...better.:dizzy:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Well.. that's.. fine.. I guess..

I was hoping for Lucario to be replaced with a newcomer though.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
PsychoIncarnate's running his statement on a paradigm. There's no concrete evidence shown to deconfirm Mewtwo. In fact, there was a statement by Sakurai saying that they are leaning in favor of including him again, which is a good omen for the Mewtwo crowd.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PsychoIncarnate's running his statement on a paradigm. There's no concrete evidence shown to deconfirm Mewtwo. In fact, there was a statement by Sakurai saying that they are leaning in favor of including him again, which is a good omen for the Mewtwo crowd.
Not sure I deserved to be called a paradigm

But why would yout want Metwo anyway? Wasn't he low tier?

We have Lucario already. Much better.

The superior clone replacement of Mewtwo

Shroob

Sup?
Not sure I deserved to be called a paradigm

But why would yout want Metwo anyway? Wasn't he low tier?

We have Lucario already. Much better.

The superior clone replacement of Mewtwo
I know you're trollin' now, since only thing Luc and Mew2 have in similarity is their B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom