• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Posts like this are fine by me. Actual updates - even minute nerfs and buffs - are informative and a little entertaining. We could be getting Luigi Nose or Samus McKirbyhead.

It did occur to me the other day that it's been over a month since a character was announced, though. However, the difference between "Luigi-Peach" and "Marth-?" is that an inevitable character announcement is an added bonus, while it was once a desperate plea for something we actually cared about.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's been way to long since a character reveal.

I'm thinking 3 scenarios:

-Since the recent release date of Tropical Freeze + Cranky they will reveal Diddy, Dixie, or King K Rool.

-They might wait till Friday when the Pokebank opens up and reveal Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, or maybe Lucario if he hasn't been cut.

-It will be an extremely random charterer no one saw coming.
Wait, the PokéBank opens this Friday? It will be the first time I take that game in my hands since the beginning of November. What a disappointment X/Y were.

D

Deleted member

What. My friend said it was December 13th the Pokebank opened...we'll i guess there's no reason to turn on my 3ds for another few weeks either. Also I thought X/Y was a dissapointment too, there was like next to no post game and only like 60 something new Pokemon.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Posts like this are fine by me. Actual updates - even minute nerfs and buffs - are informative and a little entertaining. We could be getting Luigi Nose or Samus McKirbyhead.

It did occur to me the other day that it's been over a month since a character was announced, though. However, the difference between "Luigi-Peach" and "Marth-?" is that an inevitable character announcement is an added bonus, while it was once a desperate plea for something we actually cared about.
I'm surprised that people haven't been complaining more, Sakurai-san has been good to us.

On today's update, I completely agree with Sakurai's assessment, Shield Breaker was excellent at its role, but those weren't usually breaking shields. When someone saw it coming they'd use some other method to not take damage from it, and if it was almost fully charged but not fully charged it wouldn't break the shield. I'm assuming he just amped up its ability to break the shield, but it is also pretty likely that he made it a lot faster. If so, here come the OP claims!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai agonizes about giving Link a buff, but happily slaps one onto Marth. Oh boy.

And he is balancing this game alone again.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sakurai agonizes about giving Link a buff, but happily slaps one onto Marth. Oh boy.

And he is balancing this game alone again.

Lol good point. In his defense, Shield breaker was practically a useless move, so I'm happy if that's given somewhat of a buff.

I also am not sure that giving Link's dair a meteor is a good thing. It almost lessens its uses (because who in their right mind will jump off stage with dair?) The lasting kill power was always nice.... but hey, we'll see

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Yeah guys, the biggest problem with Melee and Brawl was that Marth's sheild breaker didnt break sheilds. Let's make an already good character even with instant sheild breaks

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I use shield breaker a lot so this new update is awesome :grin:. Now I can actually break shields with it lol.

majora_787

Smash Hero
To be entirely fair, the majority of the buffs Link needs have nothing to do with his Dair. Marth's shield breaker is something I use as a recovery or a joke 90% of the time. So if it's actually going to be worth using now, that's pretty cool.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Anyone who doesnt like X/Y either hates pokemon, is a gen 1/2 supremacist, is ********, or has their head up their ass.

X/Y was literally nothing but improvements, and even if you didnt love the designs (which the vast majority of which are great) this gen doesnt force feed you the new stuff. And who cares about the amount of new pokes, quality > quantity.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone who doesnt like X/Y either hates pokemon, is a gen 1/2 supremacist, is ********, or has their head up their ***.
Hey, look! A generalization!

Look, you have a point, but you lost all credibility by making such an assumption.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
hi people!!

I was working those days to improve more the site smashbros-miiverse, and I bring you here some of the updates, that i think you would like ;).

Some of the ideas also help some people that wrote me emails, so thanks to all of you!

The most significant and interesting is the distribution of the stages and items for categories:

Every stage have his own site now with all the pictures, and in the main stage, you can see the different between 3ds and wii u version. I update the tags until july... so every day I will put more and more pictures inside every stage until is complete, hopefully this week (its a little boring/slow proccess).

The items, will have as well a page for every item, and in the main item site we will find object, pokéball and assist trophy :). But right now there is only 1 picture per item as far as i know... i think there was 2 for the ray gun but im not sure.

If you see any picture in the wrong place, or any item not tagged, please, dont doubt it in writing me en email or something, there are SO MANY pictures, so im sure there is a lot of mistakes (dont count yet how i said with the stages, cos they are not ready).

And then, I need your help if you are interested!,I saw, for next (and I think last maybe :p) upgrade of the site, I could put the map of the control with a miiverse picture of the moveset of every character (at least, the one that we know sure).

The idea would be, to put the Wii U controller and when you go rollover with the mouse, will show the pictures of the move (the most significant and clear picture ;) )

but im lost now in what have been confirmed, and which picture means which move... so maybe we can do it together, and I upload the differents moveset.

This would be the idea (with the Wii U Pro controller I think)

jump.jpg

ps: the names of the items and stage, i just wrote a little bit random, if there is any name confirmed or wrong, please tell me ;)

thanks!!! I hope you find it still usefull! :) :) :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was more half joking lol. No one can in their right mind look at X/Y and say, as a game, its bad, because its clearly a huge step up in quality/gameplay/accessibility/etc, but they can have an opinion that they dont like it for (insert reason here).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was more half joking lol. No one can in their right mind look at X/Y and say, as a game, its bad, because its clearly a huge step up in quality/gameplay/accessibility/etc, but they can have an opinion that they dont like it for (insert reason here).
I see.

The game isn't bad at all and improved the gameplay in many areas, although it is not perfect. Indeed, I found the post game content a bit lacking compared to previous games. I agree that it got more accessible and the new Pokémon, as well as the Fairy type, bring positive changes to the game. Another criticism of mine is how the gyms and Elite Four are a bit too easy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's hard to decide whether to anticipate tomorrow or not. 6 months have passed from the first trailer and Sakurai marked it with a trailer when the same happened with Brawl but, then again, this is also the guy who celebrated his 100th picture with Luigi playing with his nose...

Add in: That's the Kid Icarus 3DS stage.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You need to improve your playing, spacing, mind games, tech skill etc. Marth is an honest character , so what you can do with him is ultimately up to you.

I would definitely recommend working on your spacing particularly for Marth .

Once my Wii begins working again, I'm going to have to practice on both Brawl and Melee, I'm actually thinking about joining the competitive scene for this Smash Bros, the one I grew up hyping for.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Once my Wii begins working again, I'm going to have to practice on both Brawl and Melee, I'm actually thinking about joining the competitive scene for this Smash Bros, the one I grew up hyping for.
I'm starting to train for it now... When you get yours up, shoot me your Brawl friend code and we can train I guess!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Fun Fact:

The Shield Breaker can be Perfect Shielded. (Atleast in Brawl)

Oh, the irony.

Maybe they fixed that here. Perfect shielding Marth's Neutral-Special pretty much made the move useless. If I can still block a move that is supposed to punish blocking, than that move didn't do the one job it had.

I'm glad they have this buff, if there was anything Marth needed to get buffed, it was this move right here.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Eh, if you have the balls to try to Perfect Shield a Shield Breaker, especially a buffed one, I say it's fine for it to block it if you actually manage to time it right. Cause, you know, if you're off, you're kinda screwed, lol

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Something tells me that if Marths shield breaker was perfect shielded, it probably wasn't executed correctly. It sounds ironic, but I agree with it in functionality.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I both am and am not surprised that they are announcing it for spring.

Surprised because they haven't announced a release date but suddenly it's slated for this spring, but not surprised because that's some 25-26 months of work on this game coming to fruition around then.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Spring?? Jesus Christ thats like, the complete opposite of what they did with Brawl, that being push it back over and over.

To be honest these recent daily pic updates have left me with little interest or topics for discussion. Idk man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom