• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, Minish Cap deserves representation too. But I mean Toon Link really represents all the Toon games, not just Wind Waker...but yeah, MC could use some love.
Well yeah I guess he could but by the way things looks, he seems to primarily represent Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, but yeah....

I would have loved to see a Minish Cap or Oracle's based stage in the 3DS versions. These games really could use some more love. ^^

majora_787

Smash Hero
... I wanna see some classic Legend of Zelda love.
Well, Toon Link has a color scheme based off A Link to the Past if I remember right? And despite using Twilight Princess's design and Wind Waker's design, Link and Toon Link still have alternate colors that nod to Ocarina of Time and Four Swords / Four Swords Adventures.

But yeah it'd be interesting to see a bit more of the collective series nudged a little bit.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, what are we all suspecting to see for pictures next week? (get away from VGX)

If we don't get a Smash reveal tonight, which I doubt would happen anyway, then I would say next week we get some reveal. It's felt like a while.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, what are we all suspecting to see for pictures next week? (get away from VGX)

If we don't get a Smash reveal tonight, which I doubt would happen anyway, then I would say next week we get some reveal. It's felt like a while.
It's usually around 7th-13th we get a character reveal, so even if we don't get anything tonight, which looks to be the case, then we're likely to see a veteran next week at least. Gotta be Zelda this time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's usually around 7th-13th we get a character reveal, so even if we don't get anything tonight, which looks to be the case, then we're likely to see a veteran next week at least. Gotta be Zelda this time.
It'll be Dedede. He looks like santa and everything, and everyone is hoping it's Zelda. So it'll be Dedede. Definitely.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It'll be Dedede. He looks like santa and everything, and everyone is hoping it's Zelda. So it'll be Dedede. Definitely.
I'd personally much rather have Dedede, but I do have a feeling he'll be saved for Triple Deluxe promotion next month, either him or Meta Knight at least, and two Kirby months in a row would be a bit much, no matter how much I'd love it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Poor Zelda has been getting pushed aside by Toon Link, Marth and probably someone else this time if she doesn't get revealed this month when everyone expected her the most.:rolleyes:

majora_787

Smash Hero

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
King Dedede or Metaknight will probably be January 11th because that's when Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out in Japan. If it's someone "random" this coming week, my guess is Wario or Game and Watch.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Confirmed to be Tropical Freeze? Really? Where?

I mean, I'm excited about Tropical Freeze and all, but they really need to step up their game...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Confirmed to be Tropical Freeze? Really? Where?

I mean, I'm excited about Tropical Freeze and all, but they really need to step up their game...
Nah, nothing's confirmed yet. But it would be really bad if they do TF.

People are just expecting it's TF, having low expectations.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nah, nothing's confirmed yet. But it would be really bad if they do TF.

People are just expecting it's TF, having low expectations.
That's good. I really, REALLY hope they don't just do that. It's certainly likely, but they have to have something BETTER to announce.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm expecting a character reveal next week as well, though at the same time I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I'm guessing it's Zelda, or possibly Dedede or the ICs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm past expecting newcomers or veterans for silly things like "reasons" or "release date celebrations". Anything could happen anywhere at any time for literally no reason other than yes.

The VGX thing is when, again?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm past expecting newcomers or veterans for silly things like "reasons" or "release date celebrations". Anything could happen anywhere at any time for literally no reason other than yes.

The VGX thing is when, again?
It's in an hour.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
If it's Smash-related, I wouldn't mind seeing a new trailer with all the new characters that've been announced over time.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Reggie confirmed Cranky Kong in DKC:TF, nothing Smash related so far.

Edit: The presenters pushed him for more info, and asked him about SSB4 and him being playable but he's brushing everyone off. Doesn't look like we'll get anything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Reggie confirmed Cranky Kong in DKC:TF, nothing Smash related so far.

Edit: The presenters pushed him for more info, and asked him about SSB4 and him being playable but he's brushing everyone off. Doesn't look like we'll get anything.
About what I expected. I was hoping maybe something other than DKCTF, but whatever works.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nintendo are all about Nintendo Direct's now anyway. It would have been out of the blue if there was a huge announcement - especially as this is a Western award show. There'll be a Nintendo Direct before the year is out, and Iwata will come with something exciting to close the year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's true Nintendo mostly cares about their Directs, but if they're going to go out of the way to come to this event and publicize it and everything, they should've at least brought something the audience would've responded positively to.

Too many Shooters..
Well that is pretty much VGX's motto. :rolleyes:

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
It's true Nintendo mostly cares about their Directs, but if they're going to go out of the way to come to this event and publicize it and everything, they should've at least brought something the audience would've responded positively to.

Well that is pretty much VGX's motto. :rolleyes:
Right, Silly me, this is Spike TV... XD

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to everyone who told me happy birthday. Sorry I didn't post thanks earlier I was busy.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Assist Trophy? :( I was looking forward to see it like a playable :(, well, better than nothing!. in that case... which characther of zelda would they put like playable?.... i hope is not toon zelda... too many zelda clones.., maybe Yuga?... I dont think would work if his mainly attact is in the walls, maybe as trophy could be really cool.

btw, review of the pics of the week.

View attachment 4873

At least two good surprises this week :) Too much villiger info hahaha
Obvious Ganondorf is obvious.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I think we all learned some lessons from VGX:

1.When you predict Nintendo don't over hype yourself. It can be your down fall.
2.We need to understand Nintendo tries there best. And even if they do things we don't really like we must always look at the positives and move on.
3.Don't watch VGX :troll:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think we all learned some lessons from VGX:

1.When you predict Nintendo don't over hype yourself. It can be your down fall.
2.We need to understand Nintendo tries there best. And even if they do things we don't really like we must always look at the positives and move on.
3.Don't watch VGX :troll:

You don't even need the troll face there - VGX was awful! Nintendo could have stolen the show today, but they don't need to waste their time on a terrible event like that. Nintendo Direct's work way better. Hype for Directs and E3 are appropriate. I'm still happy Nintendo showed up to VGX and gave us new footage of what will undeniably be an awesome game. Also, it was worth hearing Reggie and the guy from Retro bounce off Metroid questions - the sheepish answers were hints enough that there's a game in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom