• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like he hasn't done it before.
There was Lip's Stick in Melee, which was from a game never released in Japan. (it was changed to Tetris Attack)
Not sure if Japan saw it as obscure around Melee's time, but I'm sure those overseas didn't know where the item came from.

There was also the Urina from Clu Clu Land, which may or may not be seen as "obscure".

I for one love it when lesser known games are referenced in Smash. Hoping for content from Sutte Hakkun, Odama, Magcial Vacation/Starsign, Cubivore, Joy Mech Fight, Startropics, Geist, Card Hero, and Soma Bringer. (it's not all gonna happen, but I can dream)

A guy can dream.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, 6 updates in and we've had a new stage, our first AT confirmation, confirmation of two more of Villager's attacks, and a new item. I get the feeling that ball is really going to start rolling once the year turns over.
This Wednesday, it will be exactly 6 months after the first SSB4 trailer was unveiled. I wish Sakurai would show off some more newcomers for once... I am not too hyped for Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer anymore.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This Wednesday, it will be exactly 6 months after the first SSB4 trailer was unveiled. I wish Sakurai would show off some more newcomers for once... I am not too hyped for Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer anymore.
Wonder Red confirmed for some reason!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wonder Red confirmed for some reason!

Speaking of W101, the steel diver inclusion gives me hope for a new IP like w101 being included somehow. The over the top theatrical action from that game would make for a great assist trophy or even a stage. I think having a character like that playable would be tough to balance while keeping true to its game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know and it's exciting because Sakurai strongly hinted that every newcomer would have their own trailer but, again, let's try not to overhype ourselves...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ive never heard of whatever the **** Steel Diver is. That said, a submarine-gun that shoots torpedoes is ****ing awesome.
Steel Diver was a launch title for the 3DS that maybe 5 people bought. Like Wii Music, it was a side project of Miyamoto that nobody really understood but just let him do anyways because he's Miyamoto and he can do whatever the hell he wants.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Steel Diver was a launch title for the 3DS that maybe 5 people bought. Like Wii Music, it was a side project of Miyamoto that nobody really understood but just let him do anyways because he's Miyamoto and he can do whatever the hell he wants.
7,777 messages. Feeling lucky?

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
So, the 3DS Miiverse update is up, and can I say that the 3DS photos look SO much better on the screen they're intended for. Unfortunately, they are not in 3D, but maybe we might get some 3D images...

Oooooooooooohhhhhh how nice would it be if Sakurai started doing two daily pictures - one for Wii U, and one for 3DS?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So, the 3DS Miiverse update is up, and can I say that the 3DS photos look SO much better on the screen they're intended for. Unfortunately, they are not in 3D, but maybe we might get some 3D images...

Oooooooooooohhhhhh how nice would it be if Sakurai started doing two daily pictures - one for Wii U, and one for 3DS?
Oh hey, maybe that's why we've been getting more 3DS picks lately? Because Sakurai knew people would be able to view the miiverse on the actual 3DS soon?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I just downloaded the update, and I think you're right, my hype for the 3DS edition just went up a bunch! Here's hoping 3D screens (or, gasp, video) are coming soon

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but did you guys notice the icon showing up on the bottom right of the Miiverse photos. It's only appeared on the more recent photos, like in the past week or so. Doesn't it have to do with the game being available to play or something? I just got a Wii U, so I don't know, but sorry if this doesn't mean anything at all lol (or has been talked about).

http://i.imgur.com/Xk7QjA3.png

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Almost time for another update. I'm really hoping it's a new character, even though it most likely won't be one and just be a picture of, like, WFT doin' something silly.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
And thus we wait another night.

I'm feeeling ...

Hm...
Lemme see ....

Hold it ...
it's coming to me ...

I see an M....

Mew ...
No ...
Mega - .... no...

Meta .... Meta .... META KNIGHT!

The church of Sakurai prophecy has been recognized!
Now we wait.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but did you guys notice the icon showing up on the bottom right of the Miiverse photos. It's only appeared on the more recent photos, like in the past week or so. Doesn't it have to do with the game being available to play or something? I just got a Wii U, so I don't know, but sorry if this doesn't mean anything at all lol (or has been talked about).

http://i.imgur.com/Xk7QjA3.png
I think it's this-
Player mark - Indicates if the user has played the game related to the community where the post was made.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/features_miiverse.jsp
So it means that Sakurai has played the game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway I was watching older pictures on Miiverse and Xerneas is listed in the Item section, while Find Mii 2 is listed in the Stage section. I guess we can pretty much confirm the first is a Poké Ball and the second one a playable stage, right?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Anyway I was watching older pictures on Miiverse and Xerneas is listed in the Item section, while Find Mii 2 is listed in the Stage section. I guess we can pretty much confirm the first is a Poké Ball and the second one a playable stage, right?
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/ is not an official website, it's very good fan-made site. That being said, Xeneras is on the Battlefield stage, so we know it is a Pokeball. The Find Mii 2 may still be a part of the 3DS's adventure mode - rather than being a stage hazard, it could be a boss.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/ is not an official website, it's very good fan-made site. That being said, Xeneras is on the Battlefield stage, so we know it is a Pokeball. The Find Mii 2 may still be a part of the 3DS's adventure mode - rather than being a stage hazard, it could be a boss.
LOL didn't know that. It's very well done indeed, it seems official, but from the lacking of certain pictures I could've noticed that. Anyway I'm still pretty sure Find Mii 2 is a stage.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
There's been a dismaying lack of pictures that reveal nothing lately. I sure hope we get one tonight. :B

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As long as it's not another panoramic view of Skyloft saying: 'Look, it's Skyloft! I've show you this picture before... but look!'
I wouldn't mind if they showed the Nintendogs stage and said nothing. I don't think we've ever seen that stage outside of the E3 trailer.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I think it's this-
Player mark - Indicates if the user has played the game related to the community where the post was made.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/features_miiverse.jsp
So it means that Sakurai has played the game.
Duuuuuuuuuude, Noooooo waaaay! That's so totally scrodey dude!

But anyway, hopefully this means the game is closer to being done. The fact that Miiverse is acknowledging how the pictures are coming from the actual game has to mean something (maybe playable demo soon :)).

Btw, how the hell did Sakurai get the game early. He must be close with the devs or something :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Discussion? According to that site, Donkey Kong hasn't gotten a pic of the day in over two months. Let's give the allegedly "superstrong in this current build" guy some time in the spotlight for once.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I predict that this will be the first picture uploaded from a 3DS and Sakurai will say to download the update to everyone.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Discussion? According to that site, Donkey Kong hasn't gotten a pic of the day in over two months. Let's give the allegedly "superstrong in this current build" guy some time in the spotlight for once.

Too bad, Luigi nose time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom