• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Life or death question: is ivysaur a skin blue or green?:ohwell:
For your convenience, I answered your question in Japanese: 青い
(No, I don't know Japanese, but I'm learning the language and know a few words and write basic sentences.)

This is a joke, because 青い (aoi) can mean both blue and green, although nowadays it's more used to refer to the blue color, because green can also be described by another word: 緑 (midori)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fair enough. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
There's a mat for that. It's not in this thread. >:Y

Terrible references to movies aside, I never expected Smash at VGX. I just hoped it wasn't Donkey Kong. But hey, we still have a veteran reveal of the month to look forward to this next week.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
There's a mat for that. It's not in this thread. >:Y

Terrible references to movies aside, I never expected Smash at VGX. I just hoped it wasn't Donkey Kong. But hey, we still have a veteran reveal of the month to look forward to this next week.
Why so sure that it's this week?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why so sure that it's this week?
Probably because till now reveals haven't been more then one monthish a part. I think 35 days is the top. Since Marth was revealed the 6th of November, he's probably expecting another one the 11th tops.

He probably doesn't know Sakurai very well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Probably because till now reveals haven't been more then one monthish a part. I think 35 days is the top. Since Marth was revealed the 6th of November, he's probably expecting another one the 11th tops.

He probably doesn't know Sakurai very well.
Does anyone? I'm pretty sure that's the point in the grand scheme of things.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I guess I'll be the first to post the pic. :awesome:

"Pic of the day. Q: "Is this a Steel Diver?" A: "Yes, indeed, that is a Steel Diver." The sub from Steel Diver is now a cute projectile weapon--it launches torpedoes that fly slowly at first."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Steel Diver is a pretty obscure game to reference.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Crashboards, lol… It seems nearly impossible to even get on the site around the clock when I try. Its nice to finally see Sakurai expanding to actually game details with a majority of the updates now. I'm still hoping for a reveal this week though nothing is predictable when it comes to Smash

Tesh

Smash Hero
Steel diver certainly doesn't seem to obscure for an item.

In any case, these past 2-3 weeks have been phenominal. Its cool to see stuff like Peach and Marth in HD, but seeing the little details about things that are actually NEW is very important.

For the first time since E3, I finally feel like we have DOJO quality updates.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno, Steel Diver didn't come out that long ago and the next one will be Nintendo's first free-to-play (which is a super weird choice), so it's not that surprising there's some content from it.

I like the item, but a stage would've been pretty interesting. Not that I was expecting one or anything.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm glad Sakurai paid attention to Steel Diver.
Hopefully this means he'll put in the game's awesome title music...

It's one of my top 20 tracks that I hope will be in SSB4.

I first heard it last October (2012), and I liked it immediately. Very underrated.
The videos on YouTube about the title music only have around 1,500 views despite being up since 2011.

I'd like some kind of underwater stage with music tracks from Radar Mission, Endless Ocean, and Steel Diver.

-----

I want an Endless Ocean stage to happen, not a Steel Diver one, but perhaps a submarine and Starfy can appear in the background to reference many undersea games.

So much this. Perfect representation for the game. A serene underwater battlefield with all kinds of amazing fish swimming around in the background.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
wow December is getting updates galore so far a gun that looks like a submarine is cool maybe we will get a stage from steel diver

and who knows the 19th character could be confirmed tomorrow who knows what we could get tomorrow

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I want an Endless Ocean stage to happen, not a Steel Diver one, but perhaps a submarine and Starfy can appear in the background to reference many undersea games.
Those are both handheld games, but I would love to see that with more appropriate cameos.

EDIT: What if it had Brawl gravity, being that it's underwater?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Steel Diver is a pretty obscure game to reference.
It's not like he hasn't done it before.
There was Lip's Stick in Melee, which was from a game never released in Japan. (it was changed to Tetris Attack)
Not sure if Japan saw it as obscure around Melee's time, but I'm sure those overseas didn't know where the item came from.

There was also the Urina from Clu Clu Land, which may or may not be seen as "obscure".

I for one love it when lesser known games are referenced in Smash. Hoping for content from Sutte Hakkun, Odama, Magcial Vacation/Starsign, Cubivore, Joy Mech Fight, Startropics, Geist, Card Hero, and Soma Bringer. (it's not all gonna happen, but I can dream)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, 6 updates in and we've had a new stage, our first AT confirmation, confirmation of two more of Villager's attacks, and a new item. I get the feeling that ball is really going to start rolling once the year turns over.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I expect Luigi the red nos... On second thought more Villager info would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom