• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda worried about Villagers lack of always on hand projectiles. But this shown to be a projectile kinda removes my worry.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Happy Birthday iDOWN.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Happy birthday, iDown!

So, this looks interesting. It seems like a combination of Link's Arrows and Luigi's Green Missile. I wonder if the Gyroids are put into an item state after they land.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, let's make a recap of Villager's moveset as we know it so far, shall we? This is what I remember:

Up-B: probably Balloon Fight, but still unconfirmed
Side-B: Lloid Rocket/Launch CONFIRMED
Normal B: pick up move CONFIRMED
Down B: unknown yet, possibly the Tree move

Grab: Net CONFIRMED

A lot of the A moves were confirmed by the Developer Direct back in June:
Up-A: Stick move CONFIRMED
Down-A: Grass move CONFIRMED
Side-A: Umbrella move CONFIRMED
Dash-A: Pot move CONFIRMED

Forward Smash: Boxing glove move possibly
Down Smash: possibly the Shovel move
Up Smash: Fireworks move CONFIRMED

Aerial back: Slingshot move CONFIRMED
Neutrail aerial: a simple spinning kick CONFIRMED
Down aerial: Turnip throw CONFIRMED
Up aerial: another unshown Turnip attack CONFIRMED

The only thing left out is that Bowling Ball move shown in the Developer Direct. Could be a new feature like I've seen suggested: a move created appositely for the edge. Who knows.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's my birthday too and, yes, great update. Sakurai seems to have taken up a new pattern of showing 4 new things a week with one day of filler, as that's how it's been the last two weeks. Hopefully he keeps things up like this.

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. I think I might main Villager this game.
Happy birthday! ^_^
You guys are some of the most notable members in Smashboards!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Also, the function of the tree attack is unknown. The rest are a bit easy to assume.
At this point I guess the Tree attack is simply a two-part down-B move. There's really no other way I can imagine it working unless the planting is a taunt move (which would be interesting). The Balloon Fight is probably his recovery unless it's actually a new item which has been shown used only by him by coincidence. The same goes with the boxing gloves. The Bowling move though, that's pretty interesting.

Also, the function of the tree attack is unknown. The rest are a bit easy to assume.
At this point I guess the Tree attack is simply a two-part down-B move. There's really no other way I can imagine it working unless the planting is a taunt move (which would be interesting). The Balloon Fight is probably his recovery unless it's actually a new item which has been shown used only by him by coincidence. The same goes with the boxing gloves. The Bowling move though, that's pretty interesting.

It's my birthday too and, yes, great update. Sakurai seems to have taken up a new pattern of showing 4 new things a week with one day of filler, as that's how it's been the last two weeks. Hopefully he keeps things up like this.
Happy birthday Fatman!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I personally think it's his down b attack. His d-smash is the shovel because it's chargeable and the tree attack strikes me as a f-smash akin to Snake's d-smash.
As a forward smash the axe is possible since there's still the possibility that the boxing gloves are an item. The point is that the Bowling attack seems useful only on the ledges to be honest. He just drops a ball, simple as that. Not only it's pretty ugly for a down special (in comparison to the tree move which is probably one of the best new moves shown yet) it seems pretty useless too.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If the Bowling Ball is his Down Special, then I assume it would function differently then near a ledge? Maybe you could throw it or something.

Tree move makes more sense as a Down Special.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Happy birthday to iDOWN and fatmanonice. Hope you have a good day.

Today's picture is interesting. Sakurai had already hinted this on a picture that showed the Villager riding the rocket, but it seems he can also throw it. I wonder how exactly it will function.

Maybe it will work like Samus's missiles, in which you can decide to shoot homing or super missiles depending if you hold the stick first and then press B or if you flick the stick at the same time as you press B. Likewise, you could shoot the Lloid Rocket by holding the stick before pressing B or ride it if you move the stick and press B at the same time, or vice versa.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh, forgot to address your brithday, iDOWN! Have a good one as well!

I'm thinking the Lloid Rocket is chargeable in the sense that if you were to transition into riding, the animation may be delayed and the speed will vary depending on how rapid you pressed the attack button.

D

Deleted member

If villager isn't at least B+ tier I will cry. This guy will be loads of fun to watch in major tournaments.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Happy birthday! ^_^
You guys are some of the most notable members in Smashboards!
Well of course since Fatmanonice has been a Smashboards member since the chicken and IDOWN has been a member since the egg. They are both so old. So I got them a birthday present, now only if Cloudflare would let me put it in this reply we would all be happy.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So, let's make a recap of Villager's moveset as we know it so far, shall we? This is what I remember:

Up-B: probably Balloon Fight, but still unconfirmed
Side-B: Lloid Rocket/Launch CONFIRMED
Normal B: pick up move CONFIRMED
Down B: unknown yet, possibly the Tree move

Grab: Net CONFIRMED

A lot of the A moves were confirmed by the Developer Direct back in June:
Up-A: Stick move CONFIRMED
Down-A: Grass move CONFIRMED
Side-A: Umbrella move CONFIRMED
Dash-A: Pot move CONFIRMED

Forward Smash: Boxing glove move possibly
Down Smash: possibly the Shovel move
Up Smash: Fireworks move CONFIRMED

Aerial back: Slingshot move CONFIRMED
Neutrail aerial: a simple spinning kick CONFIRMED
Down aerial: Turnip throw CONFIRMED
Up aerial: another unshown Turnip attack CONFIRMED

The only thing left out is that Bowling Ball move shown in the Developer Direct. Could be a new feature like I've seen suggested: a move created appositely for the edge. Who knows.

Yo quick questions.

Was the pick up move confirmed to be the neutral B? I'm only asking because traditionally, moves like that (Reflector, Absorb, etc) have been Down B (or side B in the case of Mario, but the cape had other uses), so making the neutral B a passive move seems like an interesting choice..

I don't remember from the developer direct, but was the stick move confirmed to be an attack? Looked like a lame taunt the first time I saw it, but idk.

I also think it's interesting that he now has projectile aerials... Such a weird moveset... I wonder if there will be any additional inputs that we don't know about (B while dashing, or specific aerial B-moves, etc... something like that)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Happy birthday, birthday buddy!

And yes the most recent updates have been fantastic. Let's hope this keeps up!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You get a birthday! And you get a birthday! EVERYBODY GETS A BIRTHDAAAAY!! =D

Ah, but seriously, Happy Birthday you guys. Let's all have a little birthday dance. ¦D

Also, yesterday's pic was kinda cute and today's is...Uh, something? Kinda surprised we got 2 3DS pics in one week.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Ok... reply button is broken for me.

@Simon Adebisi
What about his jab attack? Couldn't that be the boxing gloves as they were shown clashing with bowser's F-tilt? Also, no sign of F-air yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom