• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are still enough stages yet to be seen that by the time we get close to release Pilotwings probably won't come up as often, and people will forget how much they hate its frequency. Like how Olimar was first revealed and people wouldn't shut up about wanting something else. Now we barely see him.

Also, Reggie is only bringing up being playable and the petition so that when the Mii is revealed, and the Reggie Mii is likely showcased, Nintendo can act like the fans actually had something to do with it, which they clearly didn't. Sakurai isn't going to pull a Sonic to add a character one percent of people will chuckle at and ninety-nine percent won't understand.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I want actual video game characters in my smash bros and not memes pls.

Once again-

You cannot escape the grasp of Reggie Fils-Aime :troll:

EDIT: Yes, I made this. Not bad, right? I got the Purple in the background, and a good quality Reggie. Any requests? I'll try to make them if you give me a picture.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wow you people are going to be extremely disappointed.

Don't see Reggie as likely, beginning to like the idea of Miis less, yet it's very entertaining to help their fanbases. Gives me a satisfying feeling to get on people's nerves with a double-whammy of Reggie Fils-Aime and Miis. So let the Casual Games BEGIN!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
"Until age 9 my life had no meaning. I was little more than a wandering soul in an empty world that just couldn't understand me. I had no goals, no spirit, no meaning of any kind. All my teachers wanted to have me evaluated to figure out why I never talked to any of the other students, and my parents sulked to see their son so miserable and disconnected from the wonderful world they brought him into. It was as though I wasn’t meant to be, like I had been born into a life in which I never belonged. But then one day on what seemed to be another typical summer afternoon, I decided to turn on the TV to see what sort of cheap entertainment could help me get through another pointless day. The screen turned on and revealed a grand convention hall lined with hundreds in attendance. Suddenly lights lit up the stage and a dark figure walked out to the front. “My name is Reggie", he said, "I’m about kicking ass, I’m about taking names, and we’re about making games.” My eyes lit with wonder and fascination. “Reggie”, I repeated in my head, a name that seemed to imprint itself on the texture of my brain and sink deep within the chambers of my heart. A large smile slowly took over my face for the first time as I filled with a feeling of excitement and infatuation for this mysterious yet gorgeous man. Since that fateful day my mind has done little more than devote itself to the worship of Reggie Fils-Aime. What was once my commonplace bedroom is now a shrine dedicated to my Messiah. Not only has he coordinated the efforts of a massive videogame company and taught people why Nintendo is a corporation meant for people of all shapes, colors, and sizes, but he has also captured my heart. Since I heard of this man, my life has had real meaning. I now jump out of bed every morning with spirit coursing through my veins with the earnest hope of someday meeting this deity. I know not when I shall meet Reggie, but I know deep down that when I do, his body will be ready. Not only has he earned his spot in his company’s most anticipated new title, but he ought to have a game centered on his life and legacy. The fact that Nintendo had not begun production as soon as they heard his angelic voice is a sin unto itself, as Reggie does not do his own labor, but is telling us to take the next step. We, as members of the human race, can absolve ourselves if we put him in this game. Reggie is within all of us, now it is time to teach the world."

- Hubert Erglegrue, on the page of the Reggie petition

dettadeus

Smash Lord

"Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well well, the Villager seems to be even more powerful than I suspected.

I know that the Villager will have some weakness and disadvantages of his/her own, though I'm not certain what they will be yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno. When I see a move like this, the first thing I think is "Awesome!" and then I think "Oh, so about as useful as Snake's side-b, without being able to direct it.

Then again, without seeing it in motion, we really can't be sure.

Then again, I'm still not sure how useful the Villager's side-SMASH is going to be in practice, and I've seen it in motion. Unless the axe does damage. We'll have to wait and see on him.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This move is probably going to be important to his recovery, and the projectile version is something I have a feeling is going to be pretty slow to fire off (you have to have time to mash to ride it, and look at how far away from him the rocket is with him still in that obviously committed animation), but it looks like a large projectile at least so it might have some utility for controlling space anyway.

Either way, it's a good update; Sakurai is making a point of teaching us a bit more about Villager's moveset which is nice given that he was the newcomer we really knew the least about. Even more top tier would be if smashboards started working properly again so I didn't have to try four times to post something as simple as this...

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
You guys think Villager is OP?

I dunno, he looks like he has a spacing advantage plus he is a bit small, but his balance would logically be a low kill percentage and his weight, IMO.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think he has an awesome moveset, and perhaps the ability to be top tier - but so does every character. Until we see him in action we wont know. It loos to me that he'll be a slow, floaty character. Easy to KO. Hard to master. Weak smash/hard to pull off smash attacks. But I'm just guessing, as we all are.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
WELL ****. MY VILLAGER MOVESET PREDICTION IS RUINED. BUT THIS IS GOOD BECAUSE I CAN FINALLY RIDE A ****ING GYROID.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I think some of you think if Mii's get added their movesets will be customizable. What if their movesets are simple predetermined and you can only just change the face and maybe the shirt color.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think some of you think if Mii's get added their movesets will be customizable. What if their movesets are simple predetermined and you can only just change the face and maybe the shirt color.
That is the only way Miis are going to work, obviously.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
What if it's similar to Find Mii, and the miis special moves depend on their shirt color, but the normal moves were unaffected? And high and weight would also depend on your miis high n weight?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What if it's similar to Find Mii, and the miis special moves depend on their shirt color, but the normal moves were unaffected? And high and weight would also depend on your miis high n weight?
That would be interesting but I don't see it happening.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
That would be interesting but I don't see it happening.
The way I see it, they won't be customizable, and move sets will be the same, but height, weight, speed, knock-back, jump height, fall speed, etc. could be determined by their color and height/weight.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Villager has a pocket rocket?

Wonder if Earthworm Jim has a lawyer handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom