• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well that certainly didn't take too long. Good job internet. ¦3

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
As a forward smash the axe is possible since there's still the possibility that the boxing gloves are an item. The point is that the Bowling attack seems useful only on the ledges to be honest. He just drops a ball, simple as that. Not only it's pretty ugly for a down special (in comparison to the tree move which is probably one of the best new moves shown yet) it seems pretty useless too.

Ever thought of the boxing gloves being his jab?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My personal guess is the tree is the down special, the boxing gloves are the jab, the bowling ball is a new kind of attack, and the forward Smash hasn't been shown yet.

The new attack looks cool though, and it's good to know Villager also has a method of recovery that can't simply be popped.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
My personal guess is the tree is the down special, the boxing gloves are the jab, the bowling ball is a new kind of attack, and the forward Smash hasn't been shown yet.

The new attack looks cool though, and it's good to know Villager also has a method of recovery that can't simply be popped.
What about the ax? Could that only be done when the tree is planted, or how about that being his F-Smash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
My guess for his moveset is that the boxing glove is the end of his jab combo, the tree is down special, and the bowling ball is fsmash. The tree just has to be a special move really; it's far too complex of a move to be anything else. The axe being part of that multi-part special move is just logical from there, especially since the tree is probably going to serve as an obstacle when he's not cutting it down so it only being possible to cut down with a special move designed to do so makes more sense than just some particular random normal on a single character being able to cut it down which would start to raise a lot of questions about why, say, Marth can't cut it down with his attacks, and if Marth can while someone like Luigi ended up with no options to remove that tree, that would be bad balance.

The only place the bowling ball makes sense is fsmash, and it really does make a lot of sense. It hits seemingly very hard right in front of him; tha'ts a typical fsmash thing to do. It also happens to fall if he's over an edge and hit below, but the basic move function when he's not in such a position is just to hit right in front of him with a heavy attack. It's obviously not a jab, and every other place this move could go is filled other than there being a completely new mechanic for when you can do a type of attack that otherwise we haven't been shown which seems like a lot less plausible of an explanation than this just being fsmash.

Once those two are placed, the boxing glove can only really be jab, and while that move animation would also work for an ftilt or an fsmash, it works just fine for a jab especially if it's the last hit of the combo. That leaves the only mysteries in his basic moveset being his throws and his fair which are important, but we now have a pretty decent picture of how he's going to work.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if he throws the turnips for uair and dair. He might just swing them. We haven't actually seen uair at all, and we've only seen a single frame of dair's animation. It's quite hard to tell really.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What about the ax? Could that only be done when the tree is planted, or how about that being his F-Smash.
Has the axe been shown in a capacity not related to the tree? My guess is its role in the moveset is just one stage of that attack.

But yeah, it could be his f-smash, though if it is we haven't seen it yet, so it would just be a guess.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The bowling ball can be his neutral A. While he holds the bowling ball, it acts as a defense. The actual attack comes from dropping the ball.
This also works with Forward Smash.

What if the Villager is taking a Mii Bowling Ball move (that he collected) out of his pocket?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Umh it's possible, but I think it's kinda too specific for a generic move as simple jab.
And umbrellas and slingshots aren't too specific for being generic moves? Villager obviously has quite the eclectic, item-based moveset, so if there were to be an item involved in every single one of his attacks (except pickup I guess), I wouldn't be surprised. It seems to be his gimmick.

What if the Villager is taking a Mii Bowling Ball move (that he collected) out of his pocket?
The bowling ball animation isn't the same as the throwing of whatevers-been-picked-up animation. Plus he generally "throws" what he's picked up back, not simply drops it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
And umbrellas and slingshots aren't too specific for being generic moves? Villager obviously has quite the eclectic, item-based moveset, so if there were to be an item involved in every single one of his attacks (except pickup I guess), I wouldn't be surprised. It seems to be his gimmick.
But are his gloves part of the AC franchise though?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But are his gloves part of the AC franchise though?
More than his Balloon Fight move. At least there's a boxing theme set of furniture. But even if it does draw inspiration from the NES game present in the GC AC like with BF, it's still just a glorified punch, if anything it's one of the less flashy or notable attacks, and considering it's really one of the only sources of punching in the entire AC series, it being the jab would be a pretty natural fit. It's not like it was drawn from thin air.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
It's very possible Sakurai changed a move, that idea hasn't been brought up. Or we aren't thinking heard enough.

Here are the 'iffy' moves:

Collect - B, Side B, Down B ? My gut goes with Down B
Lloid Rocket - Presumably a Side B, but remember, in the Miiverse post he said it's his special attack. Special attack is associated with Neural B so it's up for debate
Tree Plant and Chop - This is the most confusing. I mean, rules for Smash Attacks are not set in stone (See Snake, Olimar) so perhaps it is the sidesmash. It probably has two modes: either an immediate cut or you can wait it out if you want. But again, whos to say it isn't the side special? High Risk for High reward type deal, similar to Dededes Side B
and finally the Bowling Ball - Like Simon said, it could simply be his Side-A. I would count it out as a tilt, as we have the Umbrella. And a smash attack that comes out as a projectile or falls off a platform isn't new. I mean, Megaman's smash is a projectile and so are Olimars - Olimars can even reach off stages and far below if you know how to use him. It also disappears on impact (See the first trailer) , so there's that.

Here's my deduction:

B - Lloid Rocket
Side B - Tree Cut
Down B - Collect
Smash Attack - Bowling Ball

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I thought Collect was confirmed as his normal B and Lloid as his side-B.
Nintendo should just move its ass and make it playable at the next event.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Since a moveset speculation has started (sorta) here's my deduction.
Neutral B - collect
Side B - Lloid rocket
Down B - tree cut
Ftilt - bowling ball
Bair - slingshot
Damash - shovel

That's everything I can think of now (that people question) ill add more when I remember stuff.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But guys, you have to remember.

Villager already has TWO moves associated with a down command.

Weed pulling and the fireworks attack. Every time the Villager performed those attacks, he was crouched.
Fireworks is his up smash. He crouches but that's just the animation of the move.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
But guys, you have to remember.

Villager already has TWO moves associated with a down command.

Weed pulling and the fireworks attack. Every time the Villager performed those attacks, he was crouched.
It makes you wonder... I think the shovel is a FSmash. The bowling ball.... I have no idea. We know all his tilts. It's not an aerial.

That leaves the smashes and specials. I feel Balloon Helmet is Up B, Collect is B, Lloid is Side B, and the Tree is Down B. As for Smashes, we have the Fireworks, Bowling Ball, and the Shovel...

Could the Bowling Ball be Side Smash, and the Shovel Up, or the other way around?

Fireworks is his up smash. He crouches but that's just the animation of the move.
Are you sure? Is there any proof? I mean, I'm guessing it could be.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I think the Developer Direct said that. It's pretty much like Snake's up smash in Brawl.
Except Snake doesn't crouch to do his up smash. Snake's crouch is his prone position. He doesn't do that at any point during his up smash.

Here's the developer direct. Skip to 3:01. He crouches down to use the fireworks, pluck the weed, and later at 3:42 he crouches to plant the tree.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Except Snake doesn't crouch to do his up smash. Snake's crouch is his prone position. He doesn't do that at any point during his up smash.

Here's the developer direct. Skip to 3:01. He crouches down to use the fireworks, pluck the weed, and later at 3:42 he crouches to plant the tree.

Yeah now that I see that you're probably right. We'll have to wait and play him.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
SAKURAI BABY PLEASE SHOW US THAT MOVESET KTHX~
-Love​
EverybodyDebatingVillagersMoveset​

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Happy birthday to Fatmanonice as well!

I'm suspecting his moveset is this:

N-Special: Collect
S-Special: Gyrocket (Will always be that to me)
U-Special: Balloon Fight
D-Special: Tree (press once to plant & grow, press it near a tree to chop it)

Jab: PPP (final hit is the boxing glove)
U-Tilt: Stick (I think this may be a taunt though).
F-Tilt: Umbrella Swing
D-Tilt: Weed Pluck
Dash Attack: Potted Plant

F-Smash: Bowling Ball
U-Smash: Fireworks
D-Smash: Shovel

N-Air: ?
U-Air: Turnips
D-Air: Turnips
F-Air: ?
B-Air: Slingshot

Grab: Net
Pummel: ?
Throws: ?

Final Smash: ?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Am i the only one who was hoping that the Hoctate Rocket was a special bomb that represented every other game? (So it would randomly change into other objects from Nintendo franchises like the Gyroid)

I was calling it the MEGA TONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom